[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit this episode was the biggest piece of trash I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

File: 4124321431241234123.png (64KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
4124321431241234123.png
64KB, 250x141px
Holy shit this episode was the biggest piece of trash I've seen in this show. Did the writers literally ignore every piece of development for the relationship between the older sisters and the CMC just to make this piece of trash? Applejack forgets that Apple Bloom wants more independence and to move away from tradition and then AJ flat out implies apple bloom isn't a real apple. Rarity forgets that Sweetie Belle feels overshadowed and wants to stand out. How did this episode even get past editing?
>>
>>30841266
theyre not flawless. theyre a work in progress.
>>
>>30841266
it was one of the salvageable episode of season 6, you shit eater.

Bet you liked slice of life
>>
>>30841266
What editing?
>>
>>30841274
I don't get the reference.
>>
>>30841266
it was one of the few times i've given an episode an outright 0/10

coincidentally, all the other times were in season 6
>>
>>30841266
Stop expecting the writers to be good at their jobs.
They're not.
>>
>>30841303
It's so bad. This felt like a bad season 6 spongebob episode more than an MLP episode. The CMC did absolutely nothing to deserve the torment they received and then the show blames them at the end.

What was the other 0/10?
>>
>>30841332
28 Pranks Later
Applejack's Day Off

Princess Spike is a S5 episode that came close, but it only got a 1/10 for some cute twiggy moments
>>
>>30841332
the only 0/10 episode for me was princess spike. every other episode has elements i can appreciate to a degree of enjoyment.
>>
>>30841350
>28 pranks later
>the next episode
What should I expect from this episode? Can it really be as bad as this abomination of an episode?
>>
>>30841289
Excuse for bad writing.
>>
>>30841366
I can't say because I didn't watch all of season 6 because it was so trash and I lost interest halfway through.
>>
>>30841384
Did one of the writers tweet that or something?
>>
>>30841404
It's from the chorus of a song from season 7. The song was good but the episode was sub-par to say the least. I'm assuming you're catching up?
>>
>>30841404
https://youtu.be/JB1rFbLOhwE
>>
>>30841366
Yes, s6 is trash, personally i pretty much autopiloted through it all, although there are a few good ones here and there.
>>30841404
No, some people here are just super buttflustered because they felt like an episode was critisizing them.
>>
>>30841422
Or criticizing
>>
>>30841419
The episode was pretty polarizing but I personally really enjoyed it. I'd let op watch it himself before telling him that it's shit.
>>
File: topkek.png (175KB, 600x715px) Image search: [Google]
topkek.png
175KB, 600x715px
>>30841422
>when someone makes an episode making fun of specific situations
>the situations involve people being absolutely autistic and retarded to extreme degrees
>when some people actually think its directed at them in particular
>when some people actually identify that attitude as their own and get angry at the writers for making fun of them
>>
>>30841419
Yea, just finished watching Carts and had to stop because of how bad it was. I'm assuming there is more context to that song than just deflecting from criticism.

>>30841422
Does season 6 not get any better? The only real memorable episodes so far were On Your Marks and Stranger than Fanfiction. Do the CMC at least get another good episode to make up for this trainwreck?
>>
>>30841422
>they felt like an episode was critisizing them.
well meme'd.
I just dislike meta episodes.
I like cute episodes with ponies doing cute things.
>>30841437
>I'd let op watch it himself before telling him that it's shit.
Firstly, where do you think you are?
Secondly, I never said it was shit.
>>
File: rainbow mad.png (296KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow mad.png
296KB, 700x700px
This one & Applejack's Day Off were definitely the worst in S6.

28 Pranks Later was just... weird. How do you get an entire town to pull off a zombie apocalypse prank just to teach one Pony a lesson? Easily could have been prevented if they just told Rainbow to quit it.
>>
>>30841452
>Easily could have been prevented if they just told Rainbow to quit it.
ya, if only theyd called a meeting at the friendship table and all told rainbow dash to stop pranking everyone.
>>
>>30841446
The last 4 episodes are alright, i've heard people say they liked buckball season, viva los pegasus and dungeons and discords too even though i thought they were very mediocre.
>>
>>30841442
The cmc do get another good episode. It's The Fault in Our Cutie Marks.
>>
>>30841442
Not him, but season six is pretty bad compared to others. Season seven has a few bad episodes too, but they're balanced out by some fantastic ones in the same way that season five was.
>>
File: 2017-08-31-032020.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-31-032020.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>30841442
>Suicide Trixie
>A Hearth's Warming Tail
>Gauntlet of Fire
>not memorable
pls

More seriously, I enjoyed Buckball Season and Dungeons & Discords, The Fault in Our Cutie Marks is at least a decent CMC episode so I guess that makes up for it somewhat, people liked Top Bolt, and since you enjoyed Stranger Than Fan Fiction there's a chance you'll enjoy the finale (it's a bit controversial for some, so you might not depending on your opinions on certain things).

>>30841452
>Easily could have been prevented if they just told Rainbow to quit it
You mean like they did?
>>
>>30841546
>suicide trixie
????

>Gauntlet of Fire
It was a fine episode, especially for Spike, but not something that was really that memorable.

>>30841350
>>30841452
Finished 28 pranks later, it wasn't really that bad. Maybe because the episode before was so garbage, but I didn't really see that much wrong with it beyond how absurd the plan was. Would have been better if the zombies were real.
>>
>>30841546
GoF was one of that season's rare gems. A Hearth's Warming Tail had some good songs, but ultimately felt like too much of the show's budget committed to an otherwise bland episode premise.
>>
>>30841588
Also, I just want to add that "Tales" -> "Tails" is possibly the laziest pun one can think of, but that's nitpicking a bit.
>>
>>30841266
>Holy shit this episode was the biggest piece of trash I've seen
Just wait till you get to s7e5
>>
>>30841598
That episode was just kind of dull. Nothing really offensive about it.
>>
>>30841585
>>suicide trixie
The memorable part of No Second Prances

>It was a fine episode, especially for Spike
Which is why it's memorable desu

>>30841588
I personally think almost all the songs are among Ingram's best work for the show and that the episode was a musical episode done right (like Pinkie Pride and The Mane Attraction). I really enjoyed it, I suppose doing the traditional Christmas Carol episode is somewhat bland but that didn't bother me, so I still rate it highly.

>>30841598
That's a perfectly average episode in my opinion, not great, but nothing really wrong with it, except maybe for not reusing the vet pony from S2 and the experts being a little too sure of themselves.
>>
>>30841666
>except maybe for not reusing the vet pony from S2
But they did? It's the exact same veterinarian from Secret of My Excess.
>>
>>30841666
Memorable implies it does something worth while beyond the average episode, at least for me. On Your Mark/Stranger than Fan Fiction are the only two episodes that are like that this season.
>>
File: 2017-08-31-035334.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-31-035334.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>30841686
Turns out I only remembered the male doctor and confused him with the vet, my fault. This makes more sense anyways considering Berrow wrote it, I should've checked earlier.

>>30841687
Fair enough for meta memorability I suppose, but I think implied attempted suicide (technically not even implied) is pretty memorable. However I don't remember what'd be particularly memorable about On Your Mark except for dinosaurs, could you please tell me what you consider that to be?
>>
>>30841804
>However I don't remember what'd be particularly memorable about On Your Mark except for dinosaurs, could you please tell me what you consider that to be?

Rectifying everything that was bad about the CMC in seasons 1 and 2. This was the episode that had them finally grow up more than crusaders of the lost marks was, having them learn that they don't have to be great at something to enjoy it rectifies the terrible ending of showstoppers (and the implications it carried for their characters) and having them realize how silly their old crusades were and having them go off on their own was so satisfying.
>>
Yeah, this episode was absolutely horrible. It seems like the show is getting less consistent as time goes on, we have episodes that are just as great as season 1, 2 and 4. However there are more bad episodes in the mix now.
>>
>>30841898
I think you are forgetting all of the bad episodes in the first two seasons, like showstoppers, baby cakes, mare do well, a bird in the hoof, dragon quest, and so on.
>>
>>30841905
Showstoppers was great though.
>>
>>30841921
Besides the song, nothing interesting happens in it. A lot of it is filler in its worse form.
>>
>>30841266
It was the absolute worst episode. It was downright mean-spirited.
>>
>>30841851
I'd say that's about on the same level as "good Spike episode" meta-wise, but OK. That's indeed pretty memorable, I just didn't quite associate it with that episode so much.
>>
>>30841957
I've liked more Spike episodes than most people, so just being good really isn't necessarily enough to be memorable for me. Granted, season 5 only had one spike episode and it was pretty mediocre.
>>
>>30841944
Yea, this episode was far worse than ponyville confidential as the CMC did nothing wrong.
>>
>>30841266
>Holy shit this episode was the biggest piece of trash I've seen in this show.

It's not worse than Princess Spike
>>
>>30842517
It really is

>princess spike
>spike tries to do the right thing to help twilight
>spike fucks it up and lets power get to his head a bit
>spike owns up to it

>carts before the ponies
>the CMC want to build carts and get their sisters to help
>the CMC are tormented throughout the episode
>the older sisters blame the CMC at the end of it

Carts is far worse.
>>
>CMCs dindu nuffin
Still doesn't excuse them not saying something.
>>
>>30842633
They did say something on several occasions. That is part of what makes the episode so bad.
>>
>>30842636
Why not just trade older ponies than?
>>
>>30842638
The CMC clearly wanted to have fun while building the carts and part of that is spending time with their older sister as opposed to their friends sister.
>>
List the bad episodes of S6 and explain why.
>>
>>30842661
>The Crystalization
The parts with Glimmer with are fine, everything else felt tacted on and pointless. This episode would have been great if it was about Glimmer making amends with her old village.

>Newbie Dash
Dash is an idiot and regressed from season 3. It's bad when even scootaloo is able to tell that a plan is horrendous.

>Applejack's Day Off
Nothing happens in the entire episode, its so boring.

>Carts Before the Pony
Everything about this episode except the CMC is bad (and the CMC being good makes this episode worse because of how much shit they have to go through).

>28 Pranks Later
Dash is an idiot, again. The towns people and everyone else are jerks to Dash. There is no one to root for.
>>
>>30841266
>valknut
>gook unicorn horns are slanted
>St. George allegory
this was the best episode, Mordecai.
>>
>>30842688
>The towns people and everyone else are jerks to Dash. There is no one to root for.
The towns people are just giving her a taste of her own medicine. Not their fault worst pony acted like a cunt.
>>
>>30842701
Dash wasn't doing it to intentionally be mean though and their prank would actually be traumatizing in a world like equestria.
>>
>>30842721
Ignorance doesn't excuse the fact that her pranks were just nuisances at best and harmful at worst (like with Fluttershy for example). She was too myopic to make them playful pranks in the first place. And like I said, taste of your own medicine.
>>
>>30841304
They could, if they cared and if they also had a competent story editor.
>>
>>30841934
It hinted about the CMC's individual talents, but then Faust left and McCarthy just wiped her ass with the concept.
>>
>>30842766
Revealing their talents that early was the worst possible idea and im glad that that idea was abandoned. Having their talents be the obvious things would be horrible both for their characters and for when they actually got their marks. The CMC would look like complete idiots (and this was one of the largest complains with CMC episodes from the first two seasons when they aired) for not seeing that sooner and when they finally got those talents, it would have been more of a "why didn't they get them sooner" problem, especially with Scootaloo who had Flight to the Finish be an episode where she could have gotten her mark had it been the obvious thing.

It also has the problem of giving their characters no where else to go, as they crusaded most of the time and not having their marks be related to that would ignore everything they learned in those episodes as they would be irrelevant after they got their marks.
>>
>>30842811
> t.hasdrone
>>
>>30842979
Do people really forget how hated the CMC were in the first two seasons?
>>
>>30841266
Yes, probably one of worst episode of the series. Don't help that you think of see a wacky racers-theme episode and instead gets..this.
>>
This episode would have been saved by Glimmer.
>>
>>30841266
Only episode I've ever given 0/10

It was truly abhorrent in every regard. The writers should be executed.
>>
>>30841366
28 Pranks Later isn't bad; some Dashfags just overacted and screeched the loudest in the review. It's a comfy season 1 style episode.

These two >>30841394 >>30841422 are just meme season 6 hate.and probably can't recall why they are suppose to hate that season in the first place.
>>
>>30844748
>season 1 style episode
That isn't a good thing. I've been watching season 1 lately, and it really doesn't hold up that well.
>>
>>30845204
It isn't a bad thing either. There's a reason season 1 drew in so many people in the first place. The style of storytelling and direction has changed, as well as what we want now but a classic that laid the foundation for the universe is still a classic.
>>
>>30841284
>arguments
>0 out of 0
>>
File: 1400579898556.jpg (61KB, 322x252px) Image search: [Google]
1400579898556.jpg
61KB, 322x252px
>>30841266
>Haber
>editing
>>
>>30843217

Is shitting on the original seasons the last resort of the hasdrone's strategy to defend the absolute mediocricy of the current seasons?
>>
>>30845253
No. Rewatch some of the CMC episodes from season 1, they are really bad. Showstoppers is filler until the song and almost ruined the CMCs characters (until the writers realized that using those cutie marks would have been a bad idea) and staremasters is the worst characterization of the CMC in the show.
>>
File: maud not impressed.png (141KB, 411x442px) Image search: [Google]
maud not impressed.png
141KB, 411x442px
>>30844748
28 Pranks Later is atrocious and one of the worst episodes in the entire series. I'm not a Dashfag, and I have a hard time understanding how there can be any with episodes like this. One of the common complaints about S6 is new writers not caring to watch previous seasons and making characters flat and OOC. 28PL is a prime example of that. It was written by some newbie who couldn't come up with a conflict other than "Rainbow Dash is retarded, never learns anything and fucks things up again". Her sudden obsession with pranking all of Ponyville comes out of nowhere, as her mischievous side was pretty much forgotten about for several seasons. This is dumb, uncreative and plain lazy writing. RD pranking Fluttershy is terrible, not just because she specifically refused to do that in S1, but also because it degrades Fluttershy's character. Most writers try and write her like she's a grown person now, not being afraid of anything and everything. But then people like that newfag come in and ruin any semblance of character development others are trying to build by making her a total coward once again. There's also a faux farting joke, and another joke downright repeats a similar gag from S1. 28PL is terrible on many levels.
>>
>>30845276
But apart from pranking suddenly being back and Dash pranking Fluttershy, I thought most characters to be pretty well written (point taken about Fluttershy, though I don't remember it being as bad as you say), especially Pinkie who is not as hyper as in other episodes and has a nicely executed conflict of interest in the episode. So while the episode has some obvious flaws, I still mostly enjoyed it (it also did some things right, like actually talking to Dash beforehand as opposed to Mysterious Mare-Do-Well).

Also I know something happening before doesn't excuse it happening again if it's bad, but the show had a fart joke before, in an AKR episode no less.
>>
>>30841905
>mare do well
I'm not forgetting it, I'm purposefully ignoring its existence.
>showstoppers
Yeah that one was pretty dumb
>baby cakes
I like this one because it actually had some Pinkie development about life not being just fun and games
>a bird in the hoof
You shut your whore mouth, that was a perfect slice of life episode and the scooby doo gag still makes me smile.
>dragon quest
Holy shit that was season 2? Damn.
/opinion
>>
>>30845414
I guess I must admit I'm more biased towards this episode than I am towards most others, because Dash's flanderization has been plaguing the show for seasons and seeing an episode so blatantly based on it (i.e. broken on the very fundamental level) killed all of my ability to enjoy smaller things in it.
>>
File: 266423743745754674574.png (77KB, 2468x496px) Image search: [Google]
266423743745754674574.png
77KB, 2468x496px
>>30845454
I could also name almost every CMC episode from the first two seasons, because they are overwhelmingly bad. The writers started shaping up with the CMC in season 3

Besides those there are also:
>cutie pox
>stare master
>boast busters
>look before you sleep
>mmmystery
>owls well
>a friend in deed

As for the ones listed, baby cakes was really just staremaster 2.0, it did some things better like not making some of the main characters in the show so unlikable in their first real appearance together, but at its core, its really just pinkie pie doing generic babysitting tropes (which in some ways is worse than staremasters, because at least there was originality in that episode). Bird in the Hoof just bored me.
>>
>>30841452
>Applejack's "Day" Off
Applejack's momentary dumbness aside (which I still think is partially justifiable), there is nothing objectively wrong with that episode.
>>
>>30845546
There was way too much filler. Like applejack fixing the water pipes which had nothing to do with the main conflict or everything that happened in the last 3 minutes after they learned their lesson. It reminds me a lot of Cutie Pox in that sense, except the filler is even less interesting.
>>
>>30845572
I found the slow pacing to work quite humourously. It was nice to see Applejack enjoy her free day in her own way, the tension between Rarity and Applejack was palpable, and it wouldn't have worked if the episode proceeded any faster.
>>
>>30845546
Too much filler, too much padding, too much stretching scenes to infinitum to fill the 22-minute quota simply because there's nothing of interetst happening, ever.

That's without saying how AJ was dumbed down to Derpibooru-user levels so the episode wouldn't be solved on just 10 seconds.
>>
>>30845613
> T.contrarian hasdrone
>>
File: maud somewhat impressed.png (195KB, 411x442px) Image search: [Google]
maud somewhat impressed.png
195KB, 411x442px
>>30845546
Yes, it gets too much hate. I think it tackles a fairly interesting and unusual (especially for a show like MLP) topic of having trouble with time management and ending up with more problems than solutions when trying to fix it single-handedly. This conflict does somewhat come out of nowhere for Applejack (therefore, solving it doesn't give her much development), but it doesn't outright contradict anything we've seen before. People constantly end up in situations where they need the onlooker to see that they're not being productive/constructive. The middle part may indeed seem pointless, but in a way, that was necessary to remind the viewer that Applejack is not generally awful with household, but has merely made a mistake.
>>
>>30845624
>give reasonable opinion on the contrary
>Anon gets mad
>>
>>30845614
I just rewatched the episode
>Too much filler
How is this different from padding exactly?
>too much padding
I guess in the problem fixing montage they could have gone with a scene or two less.
>too much stretching
As I said for the middle part of the episode that actually makes sense, because it translates Rarity's feelings to the audience. When the scenes tend to drag on that's because Rarity is becoming anxious and impatient. The reason it's still entertaining, at least that's how I experience it, is because the scenes are focusing on Applejack and she is enjoying her time. And the steambath vicious circle was a fine plot for that event. I don't often see things like that.
>how AJ was dumbed down to Derpibooru-user levels
I agree they went a bit overboard with driving Applejack's ironic behaviour home. They could have played it subtler or at least cleverer, but its message wasn't lost and I thought it was humourous nonentheless.
>>
>>30845822
Honestly it feels like Applejack is becoming season 1+2 CMC. The writers don't have enough ideas for her so they just put loads of filler in her episodes, then make her dumb as bricks/never remember the lessons she learns just so they can rehash episodes.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.