[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like 'The Perfect Pear' so much? I thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1503726812295.png (93KB, 331x318px) Image search: [Google]
1503726812295.png
93KB, 331x318px
Why do people like 'The Perfect Pear' so much? I thought it was kind of cute, and pretty good, but not amazing and almost too emotional for MLP.

I preferred "Campfire Tales" more, 3 original stories, 3 completely new settings and many new characters. It was also much more fun and genuinely interesting.
>>
File: derpyloop.gif (389KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
derpyloop.gif
389KB, 250x141px
>>30839699
Because everyone likes different things.
>>
>>30839699
AHAHAHA
SALT
>>
>>30839699
Campfire Tales was good because of the older sisters + CMC interacting and not because of the stories.
>>
File: 1100482548.jpg (39KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
1100482548.jpg
39KB, 950x534px
>>30839716
>>
>>30839699
>Why do people like 'The Perfect Pear' so much

Genuinely interesting characters, emotional attachment to finally seeing the characters we've waited 7 years to learn about, a rare Apple Family story without trying to dance around one of the other 5 ponies, so it stays focused and dedicated only to their reactions to learning stories of their parents, emotional where it mattered and not overly so when it needed to be light, and some surprisingly good voice acting from every party involved. Even though it had a celebrity voice actor they were used perfectly and not celebrated or handled with kids gloves, and it did nothing so egregious to remove the immersion of this simple story with a simple pair of ponies falling in love and what becomes of it. It didn't skimp out on the ending with Grand Pear's mistakes, didn't make him a one note villain for his actions, and allowed the fandom as a whole to finally connect with two very real parts of a family we've seen all these years and knew exactly what was missing. Finally, that part is complete, and it was a well told, tightly written, and emotional story.

>I preferred "Campfire Tales" more,

Good! Different episodes have different reactions to different people, but the most important thing is that you understand the flaws of both and know it won't make you hate things you love.
>>
>>30839699
It filled in gaps for the backstory behind aj's parents. On top of that, it was a really sweet, innocent love story - something that most of us want to experience in our own lives. At least, that's why I liked it.
>>
I personally cannot wait to see Pear Butter and Bright Mac visit their children in the flesh!
>>
>>30839770
DUDE VACATION LMAO
>>
>>30839746
>7 years

I wonder if it would have hit as hard if this had happened in season 1-2. This is one of the rare times in MLP we waited, and waited, and hoped it would be good, and it was! They managed not to fuck up something super easy to fuck up, especially since they had a celebrity voice actor for the main role, and that's like a 50-50 shot in this series.

It almost feels like a relief. I know it would have still been a good episode no matter where it was, but I wonder how much the fans needing it to be good paid off.
>>
>>30839770
So, like another flashback episode when they were alive or zombie pones from beyond the grave?
>>
>>30839770
>>30839786
Lets not even joke about that
>>
>>30839699
Cheap people falling for cheap feels. Grand Pear was alright.
>>
>>30839824
What's wrong with feeling?
>>
>>30839842
Nothing. I said cheap feels, not feels in general.
>>
>>30839843
Why are they cheap feels though? I think it would it have been cheap if the episode was a sappy cry-fest about how they died. Instead, it was evocative because it told a cute, yet powerful tale about young love - and I don't think that's cheap at all.
>>
>>30839893
Love is as cheap as it gets.
>>
>>30839792
has there been any actual canonical indication that theyre dead?
>>
>>30839720
this added to it
>>
>>30839902
Their love wasn't the cheap feels, that's just meant to be cute. The feels part was the careful dialogue and great interactions when the Apple siblings were asking about their parents.

>>30839893
This is exactly why the episode is so good. If Haber and Vogel were the ones writing this episode, they would have just made it a piece of shit about the death of their parents. Instead we got the solemness and sadness we wanted through the use of Gran Pear's tragic mistake. This episode absolutely blew my expectations away.
>>
>>30839975
Twin falling stars Apple Family Reunion were used to imply they were dead, but later Big Jim backpedaled with his infamous "family vacation" tweet.
>>
>>30840076

I would have rather kept it at the falling stars than be given a cheap Romeo and Juliet plot. They made the fact that Mrs. Cake has never talked to AJ or the apples in anything more than a business setting even though she was very important to Pear Butters life. On top of that, we're given 2 characters that we have no real idea about and give them a story to themselves that affect 0 of the cast we already know. We didn't get info on grieving Apple Family and how they handled the loss at the farm, we didn't get any interaction with them and the rest of their family (other than the parents and their fued), and the fact that AJ and Big Mac no virtually nothing about their parents is insane. Gran Pear was the only part of the episode that didn't feel like something I've seen a million times or something that didn't fit/make sense. Is it a heartwarming romp about young love? Sure, but it does nothing for the rest of the cast and the setting. It is a waste of a story and episode because we can assume that those two are removed from the universe and had 0 effect on anything around them since no one seems to have acknowledged their existence prior to now. It's the same way it was with Shining Armor back in season 2 and at least that story involved the main cast in an impactful way.
>>
>>30840160
That's what happens when you're trying to create a backstory and introduce important characters so late.
>>
>>30840179

Yes, so I'd rather they would have just left it at the two falling stars in reunion and we could have had the sentimental moment there instead of the pile of shit we got.
>>
>>30840160
>yeah it's a damn good episode but i hate it because cartoon ponies are serious business
>>
Your perception of the episode depends entirely on whether you perceive young couples as something cute. That's bread and butter of mass media, and the song is a quintessential pop song. For me the backstory was the only redeeming part.
>>
>>30839699
Because;
>tfw your waifu will never sing this for you
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.