[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sure the fandom is dying, But for some reason I'm okay with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 16

File: IMG_20170829_190123_352.jpg (56KB, 612x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170829_190123_352.jpg
56KB, 612x450px
Sure the fandom is dying, But for some reason I'm okay with that. Don't get me wrong, I browse this board for about an hour and day, I think I've just finally accepted this fandoms fate. Any anons feel the same?
Pic unrelated.
>>
File: 1475772037006.png (293KB, 564x436px) Image search: [Google]
1475772037006.png
293KB, 564x436px
>>30837639
Who else /bronyninja/ here?
>>
File: 1509469426946.gif (95KB, 188x270px) Image search: [Google]
1509469426946.gif
95KB, 188x270px
I don't think the fandom is dying, I think it's just been reduced to its core members, down from its massive popularity spike from several years ago
>>
>>30837652
There's less and less of us and we have a very few content creators left. But everything's ok, because ''''core'''' ''''members''''''.
>>
>>30837639
This board will never truly be dead. There are enough dedicated autists here to keep it at least not dead. As for the wider fandom, I don't really care. I like it here and I'll never leave.

But if they do remove it and the show gets even shittier, I'll take my chances and go for Equestria
>>
>>30837639
I stopped watching after the crystal pony episodes, been thinking of starting up again.
>>
>>30837738
>There are enough dedicated autists here to keep it at least not dead
raises hand with shame
>>
>>30837639
we are blessed and cursed
>>
>>30837738
This. I'll die before I leave this shithole.
>>
There are plenty of fandoms who keep going long after their series has ended.
We're still pretty damn big in comparison to others.
>>
File: when the numbers are just right.png (344KB, 961x498px) Image search: [Google]
when the numbers are just right.png
344KB, 961x498px
>>30837777
>>
File: image.png (163KB, 500x555px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
163KB, 500x555px
>>30837777
Quads confirm we're here forever.
>>
I'll keep watching the show until the ride finally ends
>>
File: 1502114261809.jpg (2MB, 980x6508px) Image search: [Google]
1502114261809.jpg
2MB, 980x6508px
>>30837786
And every time you leave, you just keep coming back, it's an odd thing to say but, if you have that sort of special power, isn't it your responsibility to do the right thing?
>>
>>30837777
quads of truth
check'em
>>
I'll be sad to see art and fanfics die down but I don't think the fandom is ever going to go away. I've been here for G1 and I'll be here for G5. There will always be fans I just am curious to see what form the next gen takes and it would be nice to be a FIM continuation but I'd be ok with something new since I'll be in ponyhell til I fucking die
>>
>>30837777
don't forget that Hasbro will most likely try to pump out a G5 a few years after the end of the series all aboard, the ride's just started
>>
>>30837777
Name 3.
>>
>>30837864
Star Trek (At the time)
Star Wars (At the time)
Megaman series

if you're asking for cartoons only, then I can't answer you
>>
>>30837879
The first thing i always think of is stalker.
No games for 7 years, but new stuff is still being made for and about it.
>>
The fandom's lost it's "magic".

Here in the UK there aren't many people willing to organise meetups anymore and the few that still exist have dwindled to not many attendees. I used to run events, but there's just no passion in it anymore. Many of the "cool" or interesting people have jumped ship. Sure there's some decent enough people here and there, but unbridled autism has taken centre stage. One of the major things i've noticed is the lack of meet up for the MLP movie. I seriously thought a lot of the old lot would come back for the movie, but the interest just isn't there. One of the biggest meets in the UK was the O2 Movie meets in London, and that's not even coming back for the MLP movie.

We don't really have a brony convention anymore, since BUCK ended and BronyScot went to up in flames. UK PonyCon is the only remaining one, but that's been going over 13 years and is more for families.

It seems to be still going much stronger in the US. Looks like many cons are winding down, but there's still some massive ones that have a few years left in them. I can imagine BronyCon continuing for many years, but probably will stop being a brony convention and stretch out into other media come 2020.
>>
>>30837879
>Megaman

Y-you take that back!

still bummed out about Legends 3
>>
File: 1487874422732.png (111KB, 281x327px) Image search: [Google]
1487874422732.png
111KB, 281x327px
>>30837914
at least you have mighty no.9
>>
>>30837639
I don't know about the general fandom but this board is terrible and full of garbage and fetish crap.
>>
>>30837955
Oh god yeah, this board is awful lately. Too much roleplay. I remember when roleplay got banned for like a week, it was fucking wonderful. Good threads actually returned.
>>
>>30837914
I'm bummed out about Battle Network 6 being gutted outside of Japan...a solid 30% of that game is missing....Fuckonami and their stupid "we won't release Boktai 3 overseas"
>>
>>30837969
Yeah, I remember this. It was cool that Django/Boktai in general had some presence in 4 and 5, but alas, Konami screwed us on 6 really fucking hard. Shame.

>>30837950
You mean Azure Striker Gunvolt.
>>
>>30837639
How can something die if it wasn't alive in the first place? A stillborn community consisting of cancer, autism and degeneracy.
I felt so much joy and happiness after I watched cartoon. When I heard about brony meeting nearby I decided to give it a shot. I came there and expected the same atmosphere that existed in the cartoon.
I've seen a bunch of unmannered schoolboys and neckbeards exchanging pictures of ponies with huge horse cocks on them or in them, discussing shipping and arguing about waifus.
I promptly left knowing once more that humanity isn't worth existing.
>>
File: 1473452301399.jpg (83KB, 479x900px) Image search: [Google]
1473452301399.jpg
83KB, 479x900px
>>30837777
checked
>>
>>30837980
Thank god someone had the foresight to port the MMBN6 text into RMEXE6 and translate the Boktai sidequest.

Funnily enough though the GunSol battlechips still worked in BN6
>>
>>30837913
>e. I seriously thought a lot of the old lot would come back for the movie, but the interest just isn't there.
Because movie is another thing, it's not a part of MLPFiM cartoon.
If the studio decided to make a full-length film like EG but about ponies and make it canon and long enough for a good interesting plot - I'd be on board.
The movie is for girls who could've missed the show, for bored parents, must content a lot of cgi and featured performers. Our favorite ponies will be reduced to being puppets for a predictable cliched plot sake, not heroes on their own, learning on their mistakes, being always in the centre of attention.
>>
>>30837662
I was a "content creator" (music, art, some fan games) from about 2011-2013 maybe early 14, but then I graduated college and got an actual professional job and I have bills and shit and almost no free time anymore... It fuckin sucks. I want to go back to making new stuff but I literally don't have time unless I just don't sleep (which would be great if I could actually do. Sleep is such a waste of time.)

>>30837745
S7 is actually pretty decent overall and unarguably has the best episode of the series
>>
>>30838007
No, that's not the reason. The people I am referring to legitimately don't give a fuck about any of it anymore.
>>
>>30838102
I understand.
I was describing my lack of attention to the movie then.
>>
time to stop being in denail and join the undying and very much alive furry fandom
>>
>>30838125
>denail
Is it a name for nail removing procedure/torture?
>>
File: 1497133370157.png (227KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1497133370157.png
227KB, 500x281px
>>30838125
>Join furry fandom
>Get swamped in endless drama and people's autistic bullshit, even on a 'chan
>>
>>30838146
i dont see the difference between this and /mlp/
>>
File: Maud as hell.png (113KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Maud as hell.png
113KB, 1000x1000px
>>30837950
it's better than nothing
>>
File: sanic.png (274KB, 585x568px) Image search: [Google]
sanic.png
274KB, 585x568px
>>30838204
>>
>>30837652
Core members? What core members? You mean the people who founded this fandom and have been long gone? Who are you talking about? There are no core members left
>>
>>30837879
You can't really count those since the series is still ongoing. Same with Megaman, Capcom keep releasing the mega Man series on pretty much every gaming device and characters getting cross-over with different game series.
>>30838125
Have fun.
>>
Ah, it's not 4chan w/o the 'fandom is ded' posts.

I do miss 2012-2013 though. The show seemed more special, but that's probably because it was new to me and I was younger.
>>
>fandom is dying
by what assumption this time?
>>
This thread is making me making come to terms with accepting my life will end too
>>
>>30837864
Star Trek went 10 years after the show ended before they got a movie.

Star Wars lasted in the pop culture for 16 years between Ep 6 and the prequels. The fan content remained strong for the years between Ep 3 and the announcement of new movies.
>>
>>30837639
Yeah, it's seriously slowed down, but I think the reason I'm okay with it is because it's just kind of winding down rather than being killed off. Rather than the show being cancelled or suddenly crashing in quality and causing a more rapid exodus it's just not quite the same as it used to be and people are gradually growing tired as it goes on. The fandom has its chance to enter old age and die peacefully as everyone moves on and that's a good thing.

>>30837777
Quads also has a point that the fandom could continue indefinitely and we are still fucking huge. Every background character has a fan created name and personality and I challenge you to to find any other fandom that has multiple goddamn radio stations. The detail within and volume of our fandom's content is still without match.
>>
>>30837963
>rp

Those were green prompts, something that lead to OC, and they just got replaced by Glimmer spam.
>>
>>30837843
>for g1
Are you a vampire
>>
>>30838151
This, why does everyone have to freak out all the time. I just want to talk to someone normal for once.
>>
>>30838284
>the people who founded this fandom
Is that how you think fandoms work? Are you genuinely retarded?
>>
>>30838025
The fandom just needs new blood, maybe the movie will be amazing and they will come, don't prove me wrong with spoilers, hope keeps me going I was a content creator as well
>>
File: IMG_7219.jpg (151KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7219.jpg
151KB, 600x840px
>>30837639
Fandoms never die, they're just missing in action
>>
>>30839166
You're the fucking problem killing this board. Roleplay is awful
>>
>>30840479
Can you read? There's hardly any prompt threads in the catalog now, and it's not even rp. It's all glammy wammy and fandom doom posting now. You're probably just bandwagoning that spammers opinion.
>>
>>30837843
Just a grill who grew up with them
>>
File: 1488044553295.jpg (94KB, 677x1179px) Image search: [Google]
1488044553295.jpg
94KB, 677x1179px
>>30837777

Check'em
>>
>>30837639
People have been telling me that the fandom has been dying since I got here, and that was four years ago now. I just don't care.

Why am I even replying to doomposting?

Anyway, the fandom isn't dying so much as it's fracturing, as every fandom does. Instead of having masses of bodies all concentrated in one place at one time, we're much more spread out and decentralized.

For example, a lot of the people who take writing seriously in the fandom use FiMfiction for that express purpose, with a few ending up on general purpose fanfiction sites like fanfiction.net and such. Then you'll see the artists split up between places like tumblr, derpibooru, and deviantart, with most of them using at least two but generally only interacting with people on of those platforms. The people who do music and animations are generally on youtube with a fair few tucked away in steam groups that you've never heard of.

Then of course there are all the steam groups, discord and skype chats, and image boards that cater specifically to pone that you've probably never heard of. There will also be at least a couple of subreddits that still get some activity and of course there will always be places like EQD and HN.

Then there are the other imageboards that people use. Ponychan is still active, even if it's not as fast as here, and I'm aware of a few other active imageboards that have pony specific boards that get posts now and again. That's not even to mention that /mlp/ isn't even the only place that pony is discussed on 4chan. There's trash, a couple of secret places that we don't discuss out of deference to their comparative class and then there's the board itself.

You said that you spend an hour a day browsing the board, right? Well, I'm assuming that means that you look through to see if any particular thread catches your eye and then check out any that do along with a short list of threads you watch, sound accurate?

Cont
>>
File: Giggle.png (365KB, 1542x2084px) Image search: [Google]
Giggle.png
365KB, 1542x2084px
>>30841039
Impossible, femanons are a myth.

Nice try tho, I almost fell for it.
>>
>>30841157
If that is the case then you're probably not aware of the amount of content and discussion that flows through this board on a daily basis.

Sure, it's not as much as when the board first came out, for reasons I said above and because, yes, some people have moved on. That is the nature of these things. However the amount of content you can find on this site alone truly boggles the mind, even if most of it isn't to your taste.

For example, you probably never stopped and considered the fact that there are 150 threads on this board at any one time, have you? Sure, a lot of that ends up being generals getting bumped over and over again, that's just a given. However, even in most of the "bump generals" you'll usually find at least a couple bits of OC in every thread, even if you don't then you'll probably be able to find a few things that you haven't seen before unless you've been lurking the thread since it's inception.

So in conclusion

tl;dr
The fandom has slowed down a bit, sure, but I wouldn't say it's dying. I would say that if you think that then you're just oblivious and insular, never exploring to see exactly how far it's spread out over the years and never really looking for content besides the content that you consume regularly from the artists that you've known forever.

Broaden your horizons and stop doomposting, faggot. The ride never ends.
>>
>>30840494
>someone has an opinion I don't like, obviously a spammer

Fuck you sound like a little bitch. Get off 4chan and don't come back until you've learnt to not be a child
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.