[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has the lack of OC showcases/spotlights killed off the popularity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1245414.png (565KB, 1280x560px) Image search: [Google]
1245414.png
565KB, 1280x560px
Has the lack of OC showcases/spotlights killed off the popularity of OCs? I've noticed prominent fandom OCs seem to have disappeared. This place is the only place that unironically creates and discusses them, and having "made by /mlp/" attached to an OC never seems to help them outside of it.
>>
This thread seems familiar
>>
>>30837594
I was hoping it'd stay afloat but that wasn't the case. I admit I restarted my shitty thread.
>>
>>30837562
Pretty much the biggest downfall of OC's in general is the DeviantArt scene. Reuse the same character archetypes, backstories, what have you over a million color combinations that range from meh to edgy to generic and after a few years shit gets saturated so much it's not fun anymore.We already have everything and the kitchen sink as an OC, almost on par with the autism of the fucking Sonic fandom.

Griffons, Hippogryphs, Alicorns, Pegasai, Mudpones, Unicorns, Wilderbeasts,Chimeras, Dragons, Dragon-pony-hybrids, Changelings we've got hundreds if not thousands of shitty to meh tier OC's of every one of them.

Face it, the OC scene of any fandom eventually kills ITSELF.

Although i'm one to talk with 20+ OC's....
>>
>>30837874
Add to that the prevalence of edgy red and black alicorn oc's for shits and giggles, lulz or "unironically autistic reasons" like "s-she's just misunderstood!" does kill off the charm of most OC's in general.When a solid chunk of them are in the "ow the edge" category, no wonder people start to dislike or even hate them, AND look down on the potentially legitimate ones.
>>
>>30837956
When you have characters like Starlight Glimmer the whole 'character is bad because of trope x' kinda falls short.
>>
>>30837987
We're talking about fan-created content here, not the shitty self-insert of the nuwriters.Glimshit is 1 character among many that may suck in her ways, but she's still not a "dime a dozen" Deviantart tier batponies or black emperor of everything that can beat even chuck norris and dick kickem alicorns who can go super saiyan god 69
>>
>>30837999
probabily because she hasn't been given the chance yet.
>>
boop
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.