[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Luna and Celestia were also turned to stone in the Movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

File: 1504031498870.png (349KB, 1669x911px) Image search: [Google]
1504031498870.png
349KB, 1669x911px
>Luna and Celestia were also turned to stone in the Movie

HAHAHA Sunfags and Moonfags BTFO once again for entire movie.
>>
File: .......png (67KB, 1102x1100px) Image search: [Google]
.......png
67KB, 1102x1100px
k
>>
File: Penn knows what's up.jpg (30KB, 634x397px) Image search: [Google]
Penn knows what's up.jpg
30KB, 634x397px
>>30832563
Well, it's settled then. I'm not giving them my money.
Try harder next time and maybe I won't just torrent it.
Good job, staff. See you on yayponies ;)
>>
S T O N E D
>>
>>30832901
you can't honestly tell me you expected any differently
>>
>>30832959
Expected, no. Hoped, maybe. I just wanted to be sure about it before deciding.
>>
>>30832563
>The movie isn't canon
Who cares?
>>
File: [Fast Intensifies].gif (207KB, 272x213px) Image search: [Google]
[Fast Intensifies].gif
207KB, 272x213px
>>30833021
>The movie isn't canon
>>
>>30833043
Not in the show = Didn't happen
>>
File: Applejack_confused_S01E04.png (254KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Applejack_confused_S01E04.png
254KB, 1280x720px
>>30833044
Twilight being born is not in the show. Apparently she was never born?
>>
>>30833052
Of course she was born
We just never saw it, silly
>>
>princesses get worfed
>queue comic relief memeburger
it's shit.
>>
>>30833062
Yeah just like you not watching the movie. Sure you didn't see it, but it still happened.
>>
>>30833176
No, because it will never be mentioned or have any relevance because it's a non canon spinoff movie
And a shitty one at that
>>
File: the only question that matters.png (1KB, 177x23px) Image search: [Google]
the only question that matters.png
1KB, 177x23px
>>30832563
>>
>>30832563

>derpy

This is the section where the bronies fap and clap at the same time?
>>
>>30833062
Bullshit. Where's the proof she was born and not created in a test tube? Where's the proof her parents didn't just use magic to hatch her out of an egg like she did with Spike? Where's the proof she isn't the result of an LSD rave that ended with a satanic ritual to summon a demon in the form of the pony whose blood was offered?
>>
>>30833043
>mane6 act like in S1 - Fluttershy is shy, Rarity only talk about fashion, Discord doesn't exist etc

>canon
>>
File: 1503952006684.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1503952006684.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>30833256
I don't get it either. The movie is definitely written by Meghan McCarthy. Its the same kind of writing as in Equestria Girls 1:

1. Twilight is the main focus while mane5 are just a one five headed character that make one shot commentaries related to their one trait - Rarity say darling and talk fashion, Fluttershy say "yay" and is very shy, Dash say "awesome" and is cocky etc like you saw in EQG or early seasons of pony,

2. Many "edgy" McCarhty style scenes of her new OC Tempest and Twilight fighting

3. Forced in romantic plotline - this time Rarity and Capper - and just like Flash and Twilight its just end with blushing and nothing else

4. Very weak villains. McCarthy can't write them - see Sombra, Tirek and Sunset Shimmer

So yeah, the blame is really on Meghan. I guess Brother Cosmocs could have improved it if it was a plot about Alicorns, but Meghan would definitely ruined it.

And just like in EQG, Meghan completely ignored Discord. She somehow favor him in main show but completely avoid him in side projects and movies.
>>
>>30833256
What about him? This will just be the same case as Princess Twilight, if he's even mentioned at all.
>>
>>30833358
>This will just be the same case as Princess Twilight
Him secretly being the entire reason of the conflict?
>>
>>30833449
I was more thinking "staying out of it so they can learn about friendship or something" but whatever.
>>
>>30833325
I don't get why people harp on Haber or Miller as much as they do. Say what you want about Glimmer, but she was implemented far better than any way Meghan would have done it and their adventures are written so much better as well; Haber adventures end with the characters using their strengths or out smarting their enemies while Meghan adventures end with big magical superpower.
>>
>>30833453
Except he will not even be mentioned here. The movie is bascially like first Equestria Girls. Twilight centric and Discord not appearing to not ruin his character.
>>
>>30833527
>Meghan focus everything on Twilight

>Haber and Vogel focus everything on Starlight

Jesus, how about making everyone a main character? Like Teen Titans or Steven Universe or more recently Ducktales? Scrooge suppose to be the main protagonist but still we get as much Huey Dewey and Luie and Donald.
>>
>>30833325
Yeah, I think a lot of us forget how lackluster Meghan was back in the day and only look at her good stuff now that she's been gone for so long. I'll never understand how she did A Canterlot Wedding so well though. Shitty Hasbro toy insert plot turned into a mature and nuanced story about Twilight's relationship with her brother with an actual sense of suspense and wonder.
>>
>>30833561
>Jesus, how about making everyone a main character? Like Teen Titans or Steven Universe or more recently Ducktales? Scrooge suppose to be the main protagonist but still we get as much Huey Dewey and Luie and Donald.

Haber/Miller does this far better in the season 6 finale. Sure, starlight was the main character, but we also had plenty of moments from Discord, Trixie, and Thorax as well, each of whom contributed to the teams success (where Meghan had it so only Twilight mattered until they used their big super magic).
>>
>>30833561
They learned it by watching Faust, who gave clear preferential treatment to her favorites (Mostly RD and Twilight) at the expense of nearly everyone else. Hell, most of the time you can tell a writer's least favorite (Faust's was the CMC/Spike, Meghan's was probably Fluttershy or Rarity, and Haber/Miller dislike RD.)

In spite of the title, preferences to one character or another have always been a part of the creators of this series.
>>
You know, it's not even a controversial thing to say an animated movie isn't canon. They usually aren't canon to give the filmmakers more freedom while also removing the risk of being near esoteric for general casual audiences.

People are too sensitive from EqG shitposting.
>>
>>30833612
And yet, despite all this, FiM and RoH are still the only two-parters where everyone is the main character.
>>
>>30833618
People don't want to get invested in something just for it to never have happened anyway
>>
>>30833625
We still got some stuff like The Cutie Map that had a big Fluttershy focused part. I want to see more stuff like that. 42 minutes isn't enough to flesh out every character and involve them in the two parters without getting repetitive. I want more variety. We should have gotten a fucking two parter based on Rainbow Dash getting into the Wonderbolts.
>>
>>30833634
Is bascially why we mostly ignore comics.

Although i can see S8 trying to smuggle Capper into the show like they tried to do with Flash in S4.
>>
>>30833576
The thing is, in retrospect ACW is also kind of a shitshow too. Maybe it's a bit more 'fun' to watch, but it has a lot of the very same issues:
> Literally nobody gives Twilight's argument that something is wrong the slightest bit of weight, even though she is in a prime position to be aware of these things
> Neither does Twilight whatsoever attempt to rationally or logically communicate her issues
> Nobody aside from the designated heroes (i.e., Cadance and Twilight) remotely help whatsoever in the resolution of the plot
> Much has been said about Celestia being worfed, but Luna is absent as well (much like Discord in later works) and neither do the M6 actually do anything, despite the fight montage
> Plot fundamentally relies on the antagonist being a moron and making an obvious mistake
> Conclusion comes literally out of nowhere with no discussion or explanation beforehand

I maintain that ACW's relative success comes down to two things: Chrysalis and the Changelings having a fantastic design, and Chrysalis' voicework letting her hilariously ham up every scene she is in. Everything else? It's awful.
>>
>>30833636
This, the only good thing Meghan made was at least partly focus S4 finale on Discord, but she is REALLY terrible at giving mane6 a development like Larson did in RoH.

We need to have mini subplots with mane6. Make Rarity have an ongoing issue with Applejack. Make Fluttershy reveal secrets of Discord, Have Dash struggle as a wonderbolt, Don't just make them comment on how they are good friends with Twilight and how all they feel exactly the same way on every situation like they are having a single brain while Twilight is the only one showing individual thoughts or solving the issue.
>>
>>30833674
>forgetting the songs and the Disney aesthetic
>>
File: The_Book_S3E2.png (335KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
The_Book_S3E2.png
335KB, 800x450px
>>30833612
Twilicorn didn't help with the whole two parter business. TCE was build up to Twilicorn, S4's two parters and The Cutie Re-Mark tried to give Twilicorn some story.
>>
>>30833674
> Literally nobody gives Twilight's argument that something is wrong the slightest bit of weight, even though she is in a prime position to be aware of these things
The explanation of them being excited for the wedding should be sufficient enough to suspend your disbelief.
> Neither does Twilight whatsoever attempt to rationally or logically communicate her issues
I'd have to go back to see the specifics.
> Nobody aside from the designated heroes (i.e., Cadance and Twilight) remotely help whatsoever in the resolution of the plot
We were still at a point where Twilight was still interesting and likeable as a main character.
> Much has been said about Celestia being worfed, but Luna is absent as well (much like Discord in later works) and neither do the M6 actually do anything, despite the fight montage
Yeah this has always been a little iffy but I thought it was nice enough that they made Celestia the first one to strike. It was to emphasise how powerful Shining Armor and Cadence's love was.
> Plot fundamentally relies on the antagonist being a moron and making an obvious mistake
Nothing too bad other than allowing too much freedom for the main characters near the end.
> Conclusion comes literally out of nowhere with no discussion or explanation beforehand
Sending the threat early on was done in order to drain Shining Armor so he couldn't perform his shield spell. I can only assume the ending was meant to show their love healing Shining Armor then amplifying the shield spell so it can physically expell the Changelings.
>>
>>30833700
>>30833625

I never quite understood this. They have five distinct characters to work with, and they just see this going; "uh I dunno, Worf 'em. We'll just group them together as some type of plot device and have Twilight handle the rest."

People say that some of the Mane Six aren't cut out for it, but that's a shit excuse. Surely, they could make at least one in five more relevant in some way. FiM and Dragonshy already showed it's possible to give the less action/magicy pones relevance in an adventure.
>>
>>30833700
>This, the only good thing Meghan made was at least partly focus S4 finale on Discord
Nah, Princess Twilight Sparkle was better. It clarified Discord's arc as not being over yet and gave him an interesting role in the plot. But then McCarthy herself ruined that later in S4, and in a hilariously amateurish way too.
>we have money to hire De Lancie for one extra Discord episode between two two-parters
>maybe we should have this episode be really important and character-building, showcasing Discord's inner conflicts (for example his opinion ponies still treating him like shit), ultimately leading up to his betrayal in the finale
>LOL NO LET'S MAKE IT A 22 GAG FEST WITH 0 SUBSTANCE IT'S BETTER 'CAUSE THEN WE CAN GIVE DE LANCIE A WACKY SONG XD LMAO
Not only Three's A Crowd doesn't help foreshadow Discord's arc in S4 finale, it downright contradicts it. S4 finale has Discord be a terrible person and still get forgiven by Twilight, which earns her Discord's respect. But if you think about it, Three's A Crowd had the exact same thing already. Therefore, Discord ends up looking like an idiot in the season finale. McCarthy really didn't think this through.
>>
Where the hell is Shining?
>>
>>30833790
cries in his maleshed
>>
>>30833789
Should we allow Lady Writers do run the MLP? I think Discordant Harmony handled reformed Discord beter than any episode since S3
>>
>>30833786
>The explanation of them being excited for the wedding should be sufficient enough to suspend your disbelief.
Not really, when half the point of Lesson Zero (which was written by McCarthy herself) is exactly that they shouldn't pull that kind of shit
>>
>>30833719
Ah, fair enough - songs were good, I'll give them that.

>>30833786
> The explanation of them being excited for the wedding should be sufficient enough to suspend your disbelief.
> I'd have to go back to see the specifics.
It doesn't, though. It says, at some point Twilight should have pulled one of them aside and gone "hey, look. I know I've been emotional, I know I've been grouchy lately. But there's 'she's stressed about the wedding' different and 'a pony I knew for many years is acting nothing like she ever did, something is very wrong' different. Right now, something is very wrong."

>We were still at a point where Twilight was still interesting and likeable as a main character.
Likeable or not, that doesn't change the reality that she is the only one given agency in the plot. I'm not talking about her development, I'm talking about the lack of others playing a major role.

>Yeah this has always been a little iffy but I thought it was nice enough that they made Celestia the first one to strike. It was to emphasise how powerful Shining Armor and Cadence's love was.
And you can do this without shooting huge holes in the logic of the setting to begin with, or again forgetting that one of two critically important characters even exists.

>Nothing too bad other than allowing too much freedom for the main characters near the end.
It is, though. If a plot fundamentally does not work without a character carrying the idiot ball, without artificially-induced stupidity, how am I supposed to believe they are competent? What threat is Chrysalis, if she acts the moron?
>>
>>30833963

>Sending the threat early on was done in order to drain Shining Armor so he couldn't perform his shield spell. I can only assume the ending was meant to show their love healing Shining Armor then amplifying the shield spell so it can physically expell the Changelings.
I wasn't talking about the warning - that's a separate issue - but that the "love explosion" literally never gets mentioned before. Unlike, say, the Elements of even the Rainbow Power keys, where the end comes suddenly but with much forshadowing, this literally comes out of nowhere.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.