[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Not mentioned in The Art of My Little Pony the Movie that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: gr.jpg (587KB, 1500x1875px) Image search: [Google]
gr.jpg
587KB, 1500x1875px
>Not mentioned in The Art of My Little Pony the Movie that has been shown
>Same character as every other one the type-cast actor playing him plays, implying that the character was made because they got the random comic relief guy

So he had to have been the very last thing added to the Movie, right?
>>
>>30822173
The anon who posted the Art of MLP didn't post every page in the book. There's probably some concept art of him too.
>>
File: IMG_7181.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7181.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>30822173
Hi, OP of the leak thread.
Here's his page.
>>
>>30822387
I was hoping that I would get it out of someone with the book. Thanks.
>>
>>30822387
I hope the part about him being a strategist actually means something
>>
>>30822413
No worries.
But yeah, aside from his individual page, he's seen and mentioned very little in the book. I feel the assumption that he was added late in development may be correct. I showed a few pages featuring shots of the Storm King and his army (one in his castle, and one of him riding into battle). Neither of them feature Grubber.
My thought is that they added him as a way to keep Tempest grounded, and to have someone Tempest can talk to and play off of. And if Stormy Road to Canterlot suggests anything, she and him might be becoming friends as a Twilight-Spike sort of relationship, which would lead to her turning against the Storm King at the end.
>>
>>30822454
This. Judging from the previews and who they cast to play him, he's looking to be a pretty generic second to Storm King; his character's been done before. If they give him some TACTICAL GENIUS HURR moments, it could really help set him apart from all the other ambiguously evil sidekicks.
>>
>>30822454
Well, he IS the one piloting the skiff. And we know Twilight gets captured by Tempest late in the film. That could be thanks to him, you never know.
>>
>>30822467
There seems to be no art of them working through various designs like every single other character has. That's what I meant, and the scan confirmed my suspicions.
>>
>>30822467
>spoiler
Yeah, that does seem very likely
From the beginning he kind of gave off a "villain Spike" vibe
>>
You know what this movie needs? A black, gay R2-d2
>>
>>30822524
That's probably why he was added.
>>
File: ZZ0211D0AB.jpg (153KB, 1266x1900px) Image search: [Google]
ZZ0211D0AB.jpg
153KB, 1266x1900px
>>30822542
>Rogue One is a few months away
>suddenly this new droid, C2-B5, is revealed
>said to be an important part of the film
>gets a bunch of merch rapidly
>film comes out
>it gets an easily missed cameo and...that's it
What the fuck was that even about? At least Grubber has a VA and apparently does shit.
>>
>>30822598
Literally generating FAKE NEWS to sell toys and make hype
>>
Is grubber going to ruin the movie? I highly suspect he will.
>>
>>30822731
Hes just a kind of evil Spike.
>>
>>30822731
Anon no
He's the key to everything
Funniest character that we've ever had
>>
>>30822387
The bit about battle statergies reassures me a bit. As long as they show a bit of that in the movie I am happy.
>>
File: 1503614383561.jpg (13KB, 348x291px) Image search: [Google]
1503614383561.jpg
13KB, 348x291px
>>30822387
>banter
>>
>>30822173
Can't ruin what's already shit, anon. He's just one issue in a deeply problematic movie.

That said, much like >>30822387 >>30822454 added I really hope he's there for an actual reason beyond comic relief. He could ironically end up being one of the least-shitty parts of the movie if that's the case.
>>
>>30824049
Supposedly he does quite a bit.
>>
>>30822173
He looks like a fucking Skylander...
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.