[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looks like some elements of the original design for Klugetown

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: klugetown.png (2MB, 963x1131px) Image search: [Google]
klugetown.png
2MB, 963x1131px
Looks like some elements of the original design for Klugetown stayed in the final version. Instead of the whole "kill a dragon for its crystal heart" thing being shown, its just implied by the giant dragon skeleton north of town.
>>
>>30818866
Don't the mane 6 walk past that massive skeleton on the way there? I though I saw an image like that. Maybe it was from that where's waldo book that spoiled the plot?
>>
>>30818928
On the website's story page, the path they take goes over the skull instead of directly to Klugetown. My money is on the skeleton being part of a cool establishing shot.
>>
>>30818866
not surprising, seeing creatures beating away at a dragon's heart inside it's corpse is kind of extreme for this show
>>
>>30819089
Well they still implied that it happened, just aren't going to show it.
>>
>>30819148
I know, that's what I tried to say, I'm glad they kept the implication of dragon heart's being made of crystal because if they hint at that in the show it could make for some top tier lore, but I'm saying it's no surprise that they're only going to leave it as an implication rather than show it
>>
>>30819254
Yeah, but the map still implies that ponies are going to see it at least in an establishing shot. I didn't expect them to come out and admit what was done to the dragon but like you said its cool the implication is still there and that they could use the crystal heart thing later.
>>
>>30820085
Maybe this film will actually justify it's PG rating. Glad it isn't for something as stupid as rude humor.
>>
>>30820154
It got the PG rating for action scenes, not humor.
>>
>>30820169
I know. I'm glad it wasn't for rude humor.
>>
>>30818866
>kill a dragon
stop this meme
>>
>>30820457
Ponies kill dragons all the time.
>>
File: 1461815890451.gif (1MB, 883x694px) Image search: [Google]
1461815890451.gif
1MB, 883x694px
>>30820503
Dragons are simply no match for pony combat skills.
>>
>>30820938
Considering the last episode had ponies make a lightning storm to electrocute dragons and the original concept for Klugetown is that ponies impaled a dragon on a mountain, I think its fair to say they find a way.
>>
File: 12spooky24me.gif (103KB, 350x346px) Image search: [Google]
12spooky24me.gif
103KB, 350x346px
>>30818866
>its crystal heart
>the Journal of the Two Sisters mentions a dragon stealing the Crystal Heart from the empire

Is this more than a coincidence?
>>
>>30821337
The ponies stole the Crystal Heart from a mountain he "owned," and he stole it back. He admitted it meant nothing to him, but that it was his and the ponies couldn't have it. Then Celestia yelled at him and got it back.
>>
>>30821345
Dragons are not open about their feelings.
>>
>>30821352
>It was the heart of his lover/parent/child
>Had to put on a proud/aloof face about how it meant nothing to him because that's how his race is supposed to act towards ponies, to show them who is the boss
>Celestia proceeds to yell at you and take one of your most sentimental pieces

I wonder if the dragon had given them a sob story if they would have treated him differently. Then again, the only description we have of this encounter is by Luna, so I think it may be unreliable. For all we know, the dragon was actually explaining how the heart meant a lot to him and the ponies somehow managed to steal it back. Really, when you think about it, would he have gone through the effort of taking back the heart from the Crystal Empire after it was stolen from him if it truly WERE some random trifle? Has to be more at play here than just "its mine, not a pony's."
>>
>>30821278
Book never said the dragon was killed by the townsfolk, who aren't even ponies. They were just scavengers harvesting its remains.
Also the lightning didn't kill the dragons; it didn't even kill Flash. It just made them realize their lunch wasn't worth the trouble.
>>
>>30821383
He wasn't lying, otherwise he wouldn't have left it at the entrance to his cave where anyone could grab it. Dragons are all about their codes in the show so it would be a matter of principle even if he didn't need it.
>>
>>30821414
Still, weird that it was a real dragons heart.
>>
>>30821460
Don't go jumping the gun and talk about discarded ideas as if they are canon.
>>
>>30821533
Not necessarily discarded because the dragon skeleton is still there.
>>
>>30821568
Just because they may or may not have carried over the skeleton into the movie doesn't canonize dragons having crystalline hearts or the Crystal Heart being a dragon heart.
I see this shit all the time with comicfags and Star Wars old EU fanboys. Just because the show references one thing from the comics, they think it means everything surrounding it is also canon. Unless the movie shows the skeleton with a crystal heart, it's all headcanon.
>>
>>30821684
The dragon skeleton is in the same place, and if they mention its heart, that's good enough?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.