[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

haven't been able to go out much lately and mlp has been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

haven't been able to go out much lately and mlp has been really helping me through it. It's a cozy saturday, tell me about your favorite episode anon
>>
File: 150496492463.png (119KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
150496492463.png
119KB, 900x900px
>>30813064
my least favorite episode is slice of life.
>>
File: 1499688173694.png (373KB, 726x813px) Image search: [Google]
1499688173694.png
373KB, 726x813px
>>30813064
Right now my favorite is a three way tie between The Perfect Pear, Amending Fences and Party of One.

I can't decide.
>>
>>30813107
The Perfect Pear what a faggot.
Time to dig up Applejacks dead parents shove a stick up their ass and leave them outside of the barn with a sign that says we should have aborted.
>>
File: faggot.png (698KB, 784x638px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
698KB, 784x638px
>>30813132
t. edgelord
>>
>>30813064
Green isn't Your Color is my favorite episode for similar reasons as to why people like Suited for Success. I think SFS fails in convincing the audience that Rarity's original dresses could be perceived as bad. It's not really the writer's fault, but the visuals and sound design aren't enough for me to suspend my disbelief and it makes me dislike the characters.

Green Isn't Your Color is similar in that it takes a girly plot that you'd expect from a show for little girls and absolutely succeeds in making it entertaining without the glaring flaw that SFS has. Its humor is charming, bringing the best out of all the characters. Pinkie Pie's at her best, Spike's crush on Rarity has its best gags moments here, Twilight fits well as a mediator, Photo Finish is a side character full of personality, and Rarity's jealousy is believable and fits her well without making her unlikable. It even gives us an episode about Fluttershy that doesn't treat her shyness as a disease and instead allows her to flourish in her own established personality. It's an episode that I think may have even subverted Faust's expectations considering her original aversion to girly things and desire for more adventure. This episode along with The Canterlot Wedding are McCarthy's greatest contributions to the show.
>>
>>30813172
You know it.
I only type that in to trigger people it's always funny watching people getting mad over shit like this.
>>
>>30813187
>I think SFS fails in convincing the audience that Rarity's original dresses could be perceived as bad. It's not really the writer's fault, but the visuals and sound design aren't enough for me to suspend my disbelief and it makes me dislike the characters.
Anon that's literally the point. The dresses aren't supposed to be ugly, the other ponies just don't like them because they're not what they imagined. You're SUPPOSED to dislike the characters.
Why do I actually have to point that out to you?
>>
>>30813221
We're probably not going to agree but I feel that the characterization because of the way the reveal works is too blatant and unbelievable. It hammers in the point that the ponies are being unreasonable at the expense of their characterization. They could have done a lot more with the sound and visual design to help coax the audience into understanding why the others didn't like the original dresses. Instead the audience is presented something dazzling that the ponies immediately reject. There's no attempt at making anyone believably put off by the original dresses.
>>
>>30813098
I don't understand why some people have such a hateboner for that episode. It was fun.
>>
>>30813301
>expense of their characterization
I don't see how it contradicts any of their established character, but yeah.
>>
Amending fences
>>
>>30813064
Amending Fences is my current fave. Secret of My Excess doesn't quite make it but I do think it's worth bringing up as it doesn't really get the recognition it deserves.
>>
>>30813132
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.