[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Claims to hate Starlight >Doesn't do anything about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 20

>Claims to hate Starlight
>Doesn't do anything about it besides memeing

Is her hate a complete meme by people who have never had any interest in FiM?
>>
Glimposting on here is the equivalent of posting a pony on /b/ used to be. You get enough (You)s to feed a king, you can derail a thread in seconds and faggots will always fall for it.
>>
>>30796341
The only thing that bothers me about her is her past and how it doesn't really excuse her evil behaviour
>>
File: 1503280286146.png (243KB, 919x737px) Image search: [Google]
1503280286146.png
243KB, 919x737px
>>30796341
>>
>>30796341
>keeps shitting on the chessboard chirping how he's won
again, I hope niggers rape your mom and you're forced to watch
>>
File: GAS.png (118KB, 650x533px) Image search: [Google]
GAS.png
118KB, 650x533px
>>30796393
>>
It's just bait to post when you have nothing better to talk about. The faggots that say they hate starlight can't come up with anything besides she's a new character so she's bad.
>>
>>30796341
If I knew this is what we'd get I'd honestly have picked Nyx. At least she has an established backstory.
>>
File: 1482896210997.jpg (383KB, 1310x1310px) Image search: [Google]
1482896210997.jpg
383KB, 1310x1310px
>>30796438
Just like the faggots who claim to like her can only say SHE'S THE BESTEST LOL XD MY GLIMMY WIMMY BIMMY, OH WHAT'S THAT SWEETIE, YOU DON'T LIKE GLAM JAM? SAD!
>>
>>30796438
More like "she's a new uncreative clone of Twilight" so she's bad if anything.

I don't care about hating her or praising her but let's not pretend that she's somehow more interesting than any other secondary character. Twilight herself was boring after she became princess. Lovechild of Twilight and Sunset Shimmer isn't really much better.
>>
File: 1503518396489.jpg (52KB, 925x703px) Image search: [Google]
1503518396489.jpg
52KB, 925x703px
>>30796438
BRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP
>>
File: 1485922338459.jpg (42KB, 640x468px) Image search: [Google]
1485922338459.jpg
42KB, 640x468px
>>30796777
>>
>>30796438
Don't forget
>she wasn't made by faust
>she is a mary sue even though twilight is a bigger mary sue based on their definition of mary sue
>>
>>30796845
Wiki:
>A Mary Sue is a seemingly perfect and idealized fictional character.

You think Starlight is seemingly perfect? She mind-controlled Big Mac in No Second Prances with no regard for his personal space.

She mind-controlled the mane five in Every Little Thing and couldn't figure out why what she had done was wrong, borderline psychopathic.

She is blunt to a fault, telling Pinkie Rock Solid Friendship,
>"You just kind of... ruined everything?"
and then
>Twilight Sparkle: "I'm not much help, am I?"
>Starlight Glimmer: "No!"

She impulsively swapped the princesses' cutie marks, massively violating their personal space.

And you think she's a seemingly perfect and idealized fictional character? She's a mind-controlling impulsive insensitive morally crippled deeply flawed character.
>>
>>30796341
The majority of Glimmerposting (i.e. the kind that is designed to rile people up and just be shitposting, both positive and negative) is pretty much just the continuation of Shimmerposting, which was pretty much exactly the same on both sides. I'm sure Shimmerposting itself also was just the continuation of some other thing that riled people up and thus got reposted endlessly, because in the end, it's just the latest iteration of easy trolling and/or baiting.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEE.png (169KB, 878x1024px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEE.png
169KB, 878x1024px
>Doesnt do anything about it.
What the fuck do you want us to do, kill somebody?
Although tempted, i'm not going to jail just because a couple writers are actively trying to ruin one my only bright spots in life at the moment.

>>30796886
>She's a mind-controlling impulsive insensitive morally crippled deeply flawed character.
And nobody in Equestria cares or even entertains the possibility that starlight may be somebody to be wary of.
She's on par with or even surpasses the most powerful character in the show despite no evidence of training to reach that point (Prior to working with said character to get even MORE powerful)
Is instantly friends with the mane characters to the point they forgive her for straight up removing their free will to the point they could have possibly killed themselves if she said the wrong thing.
Her old town loves her despite a level of manipulation and control that joseph stalin would be proud of.
She accidently filled 3 random strangers with homicidal rage that essentially replaced them with angry versions of glimmer until she fixed it and they brushed it off like it was nothing.
She swapped the cutie marks and special talants of the two royal sisters in fit of impulsive panic, and was PRAISED FOR IT at the end of the day.

In-universe, she can do no wrong and people are rightly sick of seeing her get away with so much shit that should AT LEAST have caused people to react to her uncomfortably, but it seems like she is literally the only one who even gives a shit about her past actions.
>>
File: 1497244573913.png (358KB, 495x617px) Image search: [Google]
1497244573913.png
358KB, 495x617px
>>30797034
Maybe they're afraid of showing fear of her because they fear that if she feels rejected, she'll relapse from borderline psychopath back to unstoppable Equestria-destroying villain. They all walk on eggshells around her but are secretly terrified.
>>
>>30796886
>>30796341

People throw around "mary sue" way too much around here (and in other fandoms). The #1 Problem with Glimmer is that she basically became Twilight's new best friend and star student... for no good reason, and without facing any type of backlash or punishment for her inability to control her compulsions to manipulate others with magic. That's like... a really shitty thing to do. And she does it repeatedly, and she never gets more than a slap on the wrist and everyone is more than happy to forgive her again and again.

I honestly don't hate Glimmer. I think she's fine. But I do think the above problem is an annoying continuing problem with the writing of the show. And yes of course there are significant writing problems for all the characters. (And yes believe it or not I do still watch and generally enjoy the show)

Now for the really unpopular opinion: We know that the MLP fandom has a much higher than average incidence of autism spectrum/asperger's. I've met more people diagnosed with aspergers in this fandom than I have the rest of my life (3 and 0, respectively). I honestly, unironically believe that a lot of people with autism/aspergers like and relate strongly with Starlight because she doesn't seem to understand social cues, does things compulsively to get her way without taking others' feelings into account, and is shown brooding on stuff for long periods of time (for example Sunburst cutie mark stuff) and having a near-constant feeling of not belonging. All these things are behaviors that those with autism/aspergers are more likely to experience and thus relate to.

I am in no way trying to disparage people with autism/aspergers or Starlight herself. But I would be interested to see if there's a correlation. I know there was a poll a LONG time ago asking favorite character and also whether you had been diagnosed with aspegers but I think that was before season 5.

tl;dr: I'm ok w/ Glimmer.

Have a nice ShimGlim.
>>
>Nyx is a mary sue
>Glim isn't

????
>>
File: hmph.png (341KB, 578x691px) Image search: [Google]
hmph.png
341KB, 578x691px
>>30797124
As a legitimate sperg, starlight pisses me off.
We dont understand social cues all that well.
We can understand basic cause and effect.
>"Dont use magic to fix your problems.
>Proceeds to use magic to try and fix her problems.
Instead of actively trying to mitigate herself and dealing with the fallout her autism inevitably brings, the universe bends over backwards to accomodate her.
>>
File: 1467338423115.jpg (20KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
1467338423115.jpg
20KB, 500x367px
>>30796341
>Is her hate a complete meme by people who have never had any interest in FiM?
That's a bald-face lie.
>>
>>30797472
As another ASD, Starlight is the best character.

However, it's not for the reasons >>30797124 says. In fact, she's not on the autism spectrum at all, but the psychopathy spectrum. This is part of what makes her such a great and loveable character >>30790035.
>>
File: 1489507435350.png (126KB, 250x281px) Image search: [Google]
1489507435350.png
126KB, 250x281px
>>30797124

Autist Glimglam confirmed?
>>
File: 1491778598700.gif (637KB, 506x508px) Image search: [Google]
1491778598700.gif
637KB, 506x508px
>>30797541
No. She is obviously on the psychopathy spectrum.

She displays traits antithetical to ASD. She became a cult leader through her incredible social manipulation. The only way you could think she's ASD is if you have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>30796341
Yes.
>>
>>30797518
>lector
>>
>>30797124
>>30797472
She is categorically not ASD. You have no clue what ASD means, and that's fitting because a predominant aspect of ASD is an inability to recognize one's own social and idiolectic aberrations through a dearth of mirror neurons.

She socially engineered herself into a cult leader through her extraordinary social intuition. It is impossible that she is ASD.

Psychopathy spectrum is the only diagnosis that fits her, and there is immense evidence for this. ASD is impossible.
>>
her job is to literally outline the obvious

see: previous episode
>>
>>30796341
>Doesn't do anything about it
I would gladly go full Breivik on all of you glimmerposting idiots. Unfortunately that would be illegal, so I'm just ignoring you, for the most part.
>>
>>30796393
Wrong image, here's the correct one
>>
>>30796341
Wow, I've never realized how fucked up manes look. Do they all look horribly off-center like that, or is it just Glimmer? I mean, look at that, the roots are practically growing out of her temple.
>>
>>30796455
>>
>>30796341
You are a meme. And a bad one at that.
>>
Nyx thread?
>>
File: 1487635056408.jpg (255KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1487635056408.jpg
255KB, 1440x2560px
>>30796341
>>30796438
Most of the "Glimmer haters" dont even hate Glimmer. We hate Glimmerfags that make 10 threads in an hour, and as soon as one sages a new Glimmer thread is there.

Im sure I would start hating on Dashfags if they started posting Dash the same amount as Glimmer spam.

Contain your autism to one or two threads and there wouldn't be such a big deal about it.
>>
>>30796341
I don't hate starlight, just these glimmer-posters that take over every thread
>>
>>30796341
But Anon, not doing anything is exactly the right way to hate something on the internet.
>>
I hate both Glimmer and her fags
>>
Welp I just got my post deleted and a warning for complaining about Glimmer. /mlp/ really is dead. Congrats Glimmerposters and Lee, you've already killed the fandom.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.