[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you don't like Glim Glam because you think she was shoehorned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

If you don't like Glim Glam because you think she was shoehorned into the show and doesn't belong then what do you think about Flurry? If anything Flurry was shoehorned in and has no purpose. Her only purpose is to make another doll, and we didn't even get an interesting character out of it like Glim.
>>
File: 1113465.png (370KB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1113465.png
370KB, 1936x2592px
>>30796262
yeah, but Flurry is cute.
>>
>>30796262
>people actually like a flurry of emotions
>>
>>30796262
I don't understand why would anyone bother with this show anymore.
>>
File: WaifuMaterial.jpg (212KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
WaifuMaterial.jpg
212KB, 1000x1000px
>>30796262
I'm pretty sure Flurry doesn't appear in as many episodes as Glimmer.

Also, she's a qt
>>
>>30796262
It all started with Cadance. Cadance ruined everything.
>>
>>30796293
True.
>>
>>30796262
She was at least tolerable in Flurry of Emotions. People don't really make much of a fuss about her since her appearances are rare.
>>
It gives us insight into the genetics of MLP--it makes no sense. Do you become an alicorn from princesshood or are you born one? Fuck everything.
>>
>>30796304
A Canterlot Wedding was a pretty good episode. But yeah Cadence is boring.
>>
>>30796293
Technically Chrysalis ruined everything.
>>
>>30796262
At least the baby isn't a fucking commie.
>>
>>30796320
How? I liked the changelings, you know, before they became whatever the fuck they are now.
>>
>>30796262
It seems like people don't really screech about Flurry (from what i've seen) is because the main argument is about alicorn lore, and Cadence already took a big giant sledgehammer to that back in 2012.
>>
>>30796330
If Chrysalis had won we would never have had the demon alicorn baby, Cadence, or Shiny Douche.
>>
>>30796364
I wasn't around in 2012. I got in to the show at the beginning of the hiatus after S2 ended. Was it just because there were only supposed to be two alicorns?
>>
>>30796418
That was the issue with Cadance, yeah. They weren't just "the leaders", the Sisters were unique bearers of cosmic forces. It was never intended that there be more than two initially, and much of the world is built on that assumption.

Adding more both disrupted that lore, and opened a whole pile of questions about the setting in general.
>>
>>30796262
Flurry is just as problematic in my eyes as Glimmer, and I continue to dislike her. But I think the lower degree of rabble you hear about her comes down to three main points:

>Flurry is not so central a character
Starlight plays a huge role in many episodes, which naturally re-raises a lot of the same issues again. Flurry has really had two episodes so far (three, if you count the 2-parter seperately), and during her introduction she's basically a plot element, not a character. Compare with Starlight, where she's not just a main character but the one around whom all action revolves. It's natural for more to be discussed about characters with greater roles.

>Starlight has more issues than Flurry
Because of the above point, Flurry really doesn't have to many issues - it comes down to "speshul pretty little baby princess" and "took another steaming dump on the lore". Starlight, however, has a backstory, character "development", major character interactions, magical powers that drive the plot (and resolution) of multiple episodes... etc. There's simply more to argue about there than there is with Flurry.

>Flurry's problems are more easily accepted.
Flurry is walking merchandise. There's no real plan for her. We know this. We also know Haber was literally not giving a fuck about her impact when he wrote her in. All of this means it's pretty easy to just go "fuck this, right?" and move on. By contrast, with Starlight... well, they're trying, I'll give them that. In their own inept way they're really looking to try and carve out a spot for her in the show. Failing, in my eyes, but trying. That makes her more likely to be debated.
>>
File: flurry.jpg (73KB, 521x616px) Image search: [Google]
flurry.jpg
73KB, 521x616px
>There's still no episode-not even minor pondering in an episode-on why she exists as an alicorn, despite them blatantly saying this never happened.
It doesn't help that all three episodes about her have been absolute shit.
>>
>>30796262
>implying I like Flurry Heart any more than Starlight
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.