[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MLP is a great show, but what flaws would you say it has? I personally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: Spike_getting_angry_S4E16.png (305KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Spike_getting_angry_S4E16.png
305KB, 1280x720px
MLP is a great show, but what flaws would you say it has?
I personally don't like how non-pony races are portrayed. They always have to get the ponies to help them.
>>
>>30791400
i dont like how addicted i am to it.
>>
>>30791418
This, pony has been on my brain non-stop since i first watched it. It won't fucking go away.
>>
>>30791400
The mane 6 are the least enjoyable part and the show doesn't spend enough time with the interesting characters who include Glimmer, any one part of the main apple family that is not applejack, all three of the CMC, spike and discord.
>>
>>30791400
I would agree with this, non pony races are unhinged
>>
>>30791400
Yes, MLP is a great show, what make it more awesome (Phenomenon) is the fandom, but the problem is, this show lost its soul after Lauren Faust leave.

Time to time after Laure Faust leave, the fandom begin to lose its spirit, The rest of the staff the fans of the show who really care about the show leave, at first (golden age) MLP Fandom contain a lot of creative and talented peoples, and now the only thing left is................ something far from a creative and talented person.

Brony losing Lauren Faust is like a fursuiter losing his/her fursuit, there is really nothing to watch/interesting anymore.
>>
File: chunk_22.jpg (15KB, 320x568px) Image search: [Google]
chunk_22.jpg
15KB, 320x568px
Recently I was watching a lot of furry related videos, see a lot of new and learn a lot of things.

In my vision if Lauren Faust still with us until now, instead of wearing "pony fursuit" ended in retarded result (Example:"Spooky Applejack"), I can see lot of Bronies bring a plushie of their OC (like Digimon/Pokemon).

A brony wearing a pony fursuit is really not clicking for me, would be more fit if a Brony bring along a plushie of their own OC, for example Kuledud3 and her Pony OC.

>Pic related.
>>
>>30791400
It's lack of commitment of being either a down to earth slice of life or a magical adventure series. Like watching Applejack's Day Off and then something like To Where and Back Again makes you feel like the episodes are from two different shows. I wished they relegated the really mundane stuff to EqG and the more fantastical(stuff like the finales and Dragonshy) to the main show.
>>
>>30791438
ALWAYS A FUCKING TROLLFAG. Glimmer is the new troll face.
>>
>>30791400
This bothers me so fucking much.
Why cant ponies learn from other races at times? Why do they always have to help the non-pony instead of the other way around (barring Zecora)?

>>30791438
>The mane 6 are the least enjoyable part and the show doesn't spend enough time with the interesting characters

Regarding Glimmer, that sorta goes both ways. She calls them her friends, but never really has an episode with any of them as she's always under Twilight's hoof or using the group to her own ends. She may as well not exist to them.

>>30791529
>Yes, MLP is a great show, what make it more awesome (Phenomenon) is the fandom, but the problem is, this show lost its soul after Lauren Faust leave.

I only agree to an extent. Faust's departure (and that of others) was part of what caused things to deteriorate, but I'd really fault things on executive meddling and some poor decisions on their part.

I mean, we got 4 EQG movies before an actual pony one, after all. If the movie came out during the "boom" of the ponyfandom, it might have pulled bigger numbers than it will this late into the game
>>
>>30791400
Funny that, when last episode two adult non-pony characters dared to solve the problem on their own, everyone whined it wasn't the pony taught kid who did it...
>>
>>30791400
they don't give enough attention to the greater world of the show, we're seven seasons in and we've hardly seen anything of other races, or even other ponies
>>
>>30794888
>Why can't ponies learn from other races at times?
Friendship is Magic. That's the theme here, and ponies are all about friendship, so they're always going to be correct. Plus, now that Twilight is a princess, she must always be a wise leader, like Celestia. It's her job to be correct. The depictions of other races serve to show what it's like to live without friendship.

That's probably the mindset of the staff, at least. There are plenty of times ponies are wrong, by the way - it's just that they are always corrected by other ponies.

Now what I'd like to see is a predicament that isn't strictly friendship-related. Perhaps a dragon, changeling, griffon, or yak could provide the necessary perspective for a solution here.

>Glimmer is always under Twilight's hoof
Have you even been watching season 7?
>>
>>30795182
Actually, we have seen plenty. It just never vent anywhere and pretty much every non pony species are just limited to a single appearance.
>>
File: fkl3982.jpg (6KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
fkl3982.jpg
6KB, 225x224px
>>30791400
MLP's single biggest, huge-as-fuck flaw is INNER CONSISTENCY. Or lack thereof. I mean, it's not completely absent, like there's continuity and all, but there are still times where you wish they'd thought this through more. A character can learn something one episode and then act as if it never happened later. Granted, that doesn't happen too often now, but it's still very annoying. Like, the last episode with pic related has Pinkie forget what she was supposed to learn way back in Friend In Deed. It's annoying.
>>
>>30795269
But Maud is her Sister, they have a different dynamic.
>>
>>30791400
Not showing enough pony plots.
>>
>>30795284
Rehashing the same point over and over again and excusing it by "well the character doesn't know it's also applicable in this specific situation yet" is bad writing.
>>
>>30791400
Two things:
- some of the episode are pure material of nothing, being only episode slot waste
- they keep expanding more, while nearly completely forgetting some of unexplained issues.
>>
>>30794888
>Regarding Glimmer, that sorta goes both ways. She calls them her friends, but never really has an episode with any of them as she's always under Twilight's hoof or using the group to her own ends. She may as well not exist to them.
I wouldn't mind a show that focused on Glimmers group of friends plus the CMC, with the mane 6 occasionally being featured.
>>
>>30791400
>what flaws would you say it has?
It's owned by a company that has no respect for actually making a good show. Or any kind of cinematic experience.
>>
>>30791400
Alicons>Unicorns>Pegasi>Mud Pony>Nigger Ponies> Sandnigger Ponies>Bugnigger Ponies>Angry Lions with wings> Dragons
>>
>>30791400
>MLP is a great show
W R O N G
>>
>>30791400
Foresight is lacking when it comes to a lot major decisions.
>>
File: 100.gif (83KB, 395x281px) Image search: [Google]
100.gif
83KB, 395x281px
All you motherfuckers need Jesus.
>>
>>30797135
>Gif
>Doesn't move
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: three_easy_steps.jpg (46KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
three_easy_steps.jpg
46KB, 500x340px
>>30797219
>>
>>30795319
>While nearly completely forgetting some of unexplained issues.
I bet we'll never hear of Saddle Arabia again.
>>
>>30797219
gif is just a format
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.