[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think the show would really improve if it had actual romantic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

Do you think the show would really improve if it had actual romantic relationships involving the mane six? Instead of just alluding to them, like pic related.

Relationships are often despised in other cartoons, mostly because they're poorly written. Let's say the writers could pull it off well, would FiM benefit from it, and how?
>>
>>30781734
Fuck no. A very large portion of the autists who watch this show are unironically in love with a cartoon horse. Flash was ok, that shit ain't canon, but if they started pushing that shit in the show a lot of people would sperg out.
>>
>>30781734
I don't really have a strong opinion on the subject but if a relationship was to occur, it probably shouldn't be between 2 of the mane 6
I mainly think this because it'll attract faggots, /lgbt/ards and Tumblrite feminazis who'll latch onto the show for their own mentally deprecated agenda without contributing anything
>>
>>30781742
I don't doubt that that'd be the case. But should they really give in to the fear of backlash? Romance is very much related to friendship, and I don't think the show should be robbed of an opportunity to explore the subject just because of it. Plus, I'm sure there are a lot of people who'd eat it right up.

>>30781743
True enough, it can be annoying when that kind of crowd gathers around a show. It happened to Steven Universe. That show is now notorious for its "LGBT agenda", even though in reality it's a very minor part of it. But MLP has been around for a long while, and it has its own reputation. I don't think something like this could really shroud its history. Also, extra attention on the show is bound to be beneficial in some way.
>>
>>30781787
>But should they really give in to the fear of backlash?
Fuck yes.
>>
>>30781734
No. Romance in MLP is just a bad idea and they pretty much exhausted every good moral they could from Hearts and Hooves Day/Hard to Say Anything.
>>
>>30781734
No, that would actually be horrible.
>>
>>30781734
Mane 6 x Non-Mane 6 would be good to have on the show. Pic not necessarily related; the love interest should probably be a new character.

M6 x M6 would be toxic though. The entire point of the show is that they're only friends, and having two of them enter a relationship would completely ruin that dynamic. There's also the lesbian controversy, but I don't need to explain that.
>>
File: 41151.png (459KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
41151.png
459KB, 1280x720px
Stop shipping Applejack with everyone.
>>
>>30781734
No, especially not this forced shipping.
>>
>>30781734
But Rarity is straight.
>>
>>30781734
>Let's say the writers could pull it off well
OP, if you're going to give the writers some magic powers to write anything well, then of course the show would benefit from it. That's the biggest question with these kinds of changes to any show, "Can the writers pull it off?" Handwaving that question as a given, there's not much of a barrier to what would work in a cartoon and what wouldn't.
>>
File: 98989.png (1MB, 532x2188px) Image search: [Google]
98989.png
1MB, 532x2188px
>>30783440
But everyone loves AJ.

>>30783388
I'm of two minds on M6 x M6 ships. One the one hand I kinda wanna see where a relationship like Rarijack or Twijack would go, the former having more set up. You can still share friendship with your romantic partner. On the other hand I really like the thought of someone out there really amazing waiting for Applejack. Particular a stallion, who can hold and protect my waifu. But Rara works too.
>>
File: 1462553022381.jpg (148KB, 797x515px) Image search: [Google]
1462553022381.jpg
148KB, 797x515px
>>30783632
>Particular a stallion, who can hold and protect my waifu
>>
>>30783632
I think M6 x M6 ships can be really cute, don't get me wrong. They bring out the best parts of each character. I had to dig through pages of them on Derpi before I found that Rarajack picture.

However, it just couldn't work in the show.
What would the rest of the mane 6 think of the relationship? They're all friends with each other equally, so making two of them closer than the others shifts that paradigm in a way that the show probably couldn't handle well.
How would the relationship be introduced? What would it look like? MLP would need to show that they're more than friends, but it still needs to be kid-friendly. I don't think this show has ever shown non-married ponies kissing, so it would be a radical shift.
A genuine relationship couldn't be forgotten after one episode. It would follow them around for the rest of the series, even if they broke up.
It would be controversial because it's gay.
Why would two of the M6 suddenly show romantic feelings for each other after being friends for years? It's possible, but unlikely.

Non-M6 ships avoid most (all with good writing) of those problems.
>>
In the last episode of MLP I would indeed want to see at least someone be settled down with a stallion.

I think Applejack would make the most sense to be the one who starts a family first.
>>
>>30781734
Assuming the writers could pull it of yeah there's not much to do with mane 6 so giving them some love interests would benefit their story archs.
As long as it's not any relationship between mane 6 poners of course.
But that's just assumption. The writers would never pull it off and personally even if they could I'd prefer if they kept them single. I hate shippers and that would only add fuel to the fire.
>>
>>30781734
Bad idea.

They never really set the mane 6 up with perfectly platonic guy friends to turn into romance at some point down the road, so I wouldn't think it would ever happen anyway. It would only make sense to make one of the 6 fall in love if it was in the context of "friendship is magic" like an old, close friendship that blossomed into something more intimate and special. That would certainly demonstrate the magic of friendship in a still relatively wholesome way. Since that opportunity is not there, it would never behoove them not to just use some other minor character in a romance plot like they did with Big Mac's episode about being thoughtful and genuine instead of just trying to play the game. Or whatever that episode was supposed to be about...
>>
File: 1394565305225.jpg (96KB, 640x845px) Image search: [Google]
1394565305225.jpg
96KB, 640x845px
>>30784575

Putting a gay relationship between the 6 in there front and center would not only alienate like half the audience-- you gotta remember that just because the coasts are so loud doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't exist-- but it would also open the door for more unnecessary shoe-horned in progressive bullshit. First AJ and Rarity get together. Then Zecora's brother comes to town and Twilight falls head over hooves. Some ponies don't approve, but by the end of the episode everyone learns that just because you are different, doesn't mean you can't love. Twi gets married to now Prince Ungabunga in the season finale, and from this point on the zebra is always there with his hoof around Twilight for your little girl to see. Next, a young mare comes to Ponyville seeking help, but it turns out "she" isn't really a mare! Shining Armor comes looking for help from his sister. He has recently found out that his wife is interested in another stallion and he is having trouble dealing with it. Twi gives him a talk about how friendship can be hard, but it's always worth it. Furthermore, that love is like friendship+ and just like friendship, shouldn't be restricted to just one pony,but spread out and shared. Shining goes back to his wife to enter a polyamorous relationship with his wife and a crystal pony stallion.

The slippery slope is real, friend. You may think a couple of the mane 6 would be cute, but if you temp fate you will lose your footing, and you won't like where you go.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.