[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>People actually agree with this part of the episode Enjoyment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 1514431.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1514431.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>People actually agree with this part of the episode

Enjoyment of a mostly fun episode aside, who the fuck thinks like this? If you fuck up badly, and I mean so badly that you have to make active changes to your life and behavior, and then you do it again, you're a total fuck up. Why did they go with this meta thing when they've said before she was hard to write anyway?
>>
>>30781222
just writers making excuse, who cares
>>
>>30781222
>watching a show that hates you
>watching the show at all
>>
>>30781222
You're comparing "fucking up badly" to changing a trait you've had your whole life, like getting out of a bad habit. Fuck off do you immediately change your habits without ever slipping back into them
>>
>>30781222
I thought the point of an episode was that it involves a conflict which the character is challenged by and must adapt (keyword) and learn to tackle. If you don't really solve the issue or learn, then what the fuck was the point of the episode? This is a tv show not real life, "don't waste my time with crap" is basically how I see it.
>>
>>30781222
>we make the show for little girls
>lets dedicate multiple episodes to fandom references little girls won't get
When its time to suck dick and bathe in compliments those nu male writers won't complain but if someone says the episode is shit they pull the target audience card as if that ever justified shitty writing
>>
>>30781373
The best part is that they think that their show is only successful because of the little girls when in reality it's the older audience that's been keeping this show alive past 7 seasons. If it weren't for us autismos they wouldn't have theirs jobs right now
>>
>>30781222
>oh fuck I totally messed up my presentation because of my terrible stage fright
>welp now that I know what the problem is I'll just not be afraid next time and do perfectly

>>30781373
The show is quite clearly for all ages, but the problem is that those who don't watch cartoons at all believe it. It's a stigma that people really like to lean on.
>>
Has anyone heard Larson's Equestria Now interview recently? Did he ever talk about this Fluttershy shyness thing in that, I almost feel like he did but it could be a false memory and i'm too lazy to scrub through it. To me the Fluttershy scene sounds like it could have been the one in your face meta joke Larson wanted to put in the episode. Then Jim Miller's band of faggot white knights saw his twitter drama and realized they could turn the whole episode into a meta shitfest and change the ending to being one where only little girls learn the lesson. There's still leftovers that seem like they're from Larson in the episode like the book signing joke, the Applejack being popular thing, and the innocuous Rarity getting upset scene. But the real crux of the issue is whether or not Larson wrote the Fluttershy scene as that was always the most cringeworthy part of the episode, maybe even moreso than the infuriating Jim Miller ending. If we knew Larson did write it, at least we'd have the peace of mind that the episode would have been shit even without the meddling.

>>30781373
I hate the way they jack themselves by writing a story about how little girls get some deep significance from their work and then pretend that they're good at handling criticism by saying "we can't change the way other ponies think about us. But we can change how we let it affect us."
>>
>>30781306
The difference is, novel experiences, in this case a huge problem, tend to create very prominent memories that you will find difficult not to think about on a regular basis, let alone when a scenario similar crops up.
Whenever I go swimming, I remember the time I tried to prove I could swim when I was 8 by jumping into the lake without my life jacket while no one was looking.
The terror of nearly drowning before my sister pulled me to the dock resurfaces whenever swimming is mentioned. I still swim, but I'm a lot more aware of the dangers than most and always make sure to watch others, especially children, in the water for signs of struggle.

So in this case, yeah, it's pretty unrealistic whenever any of the Mane6 repeat a mistake they were already supposed to have learned to avoid.
It's like these ponies are completely immune to negativity bias.
>>
>>30781222
It's not that I don't agree that this part was excessively meta, but the fact remains that the world is FILLED with total fuck ups who can barely make the initial step of even identifying that they've fucked up, much less actively change because of it. It's why we have prisons and rehab and therapy and why anyone who goes once ends up having to return multiple times.
>>
>>30781450
>So in this case, yeah, it's pretty unrealistic whenever any of the Mane6 repeat a mistake they were already supposed to have learned to avoid
i think nearly being killed as a result of your actions is slightly different than your friends being like "guuurl, you needa learn to tell people to go fuck themselves"
>>
>>30781222
>If you fuck up badly, and I mean so badly that you have to make active changes to your life and behavior, and then you do it again, you're a total fuck up.
It doesn't apply to Fluttershy though. Her episodes are not a series of fuck ups, they merely deal with different aspects of social anxiety. The ones that she's already had. I.e., they're referring to the fact that Fluttershy had subtle long-term problems, not just giant instant fuck-ups.
>>
>>30781306
>Trait nearly physically harms others (Hurricane FS)
>Trait emotionally harms others (PYHD)
>Trait makes you incapable of helping your friends until a random animal is harmed

Fluttershy's shyness was something that was ruining her life and the lives of those around her but she kept lapsing back into it because the writing for her was bad.
>>
>>30781222
>Why did they go with this meta thing when they've said before she was hard to write anyway?
Can you remember which writer said that because I highly doubt they're still on?
>>
>>30782309
My drug addiction keeps ruining my life and I keep lapsing back into it. Changing who you are is very difficult.
>>
>Why don't people with phobias just, you know, get over them? Total fuck-ups.
>>
>>30782875
This.
>>
>>30782875
Too subtle for manchildren to understand.
>>
>>30782846
Except this is a TV show, not real life. The writers have full control over what happens, and they decided to make her re-learn the same general "be less shy" lesson over and over again.
>>
>>30782875
This. A thousand times this.
I suffer from Social Anxiety Disorder (which causes shyness similar to Flutter's) as well as trypanophobia and it frustrates me to no end how most people do not understand how psychological disorders like these work.
>>
>>30784034
p much this

I don't expect her to completely change in one episode, but we got what, 4 or 5 different episodes where Fluttershy learns to be less shy? It's repetitive as fuck.

It's almost as bad as Applejack, how almost all of her episodes are about her family in some way/shape/form. Like holy fuck do something different for once
>>
>>30784146
>>30784034
This. It's confusing when writers of fiction expect the audience to treat a fictional character like they're a real person. As if the fictional character is living with circumstances beyond their control.
>>
>>30781222
Good Job OP.
>>
>>30781373
Don't forget the Hasdrones to they tend to be the same damn way.
>>
>>30784092
>I suffer from
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>30784146
"be less shy" is simplifying it too much. that's like simplifying twilight's lessons to "be a better friend"
>>
>>30786830
This.

I feel like many people here don't understand that changing a long established character trait is a process and not an event.
>>
>>30782309
And you being retarded has been ruining yours
So, why are you still here?

Look at this shit >>30784034
Literally 'Yeah well it's not real so they can make them all mary sues that get rid of all their flaws and it'll be great XD'
How detached from reality are you faggots?
Bad habits are named that way because they're hard to get rid of
If the writers did exactly what you want them to do then none of us would still be watching the show
Because it would've become so shit it wouldn't have lasted past season 4

Fuck off my board
>>
File: fedorafluff.png (260KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
fedorafluff.png
260KB, 1400x1050px
>>30781225
>>30781280
>>30781373
>>30781381
>>30781434
>>30781450
>>30782309
>>30784034
>>30784146
>>30785678
>>30785803
>>30786469
Sperglords like you are the reason the episode was made.
>>
>>30789755
this
>>
>>30784034
>wanting characters that are unrealistic and don't progress and develop
This show handles its characters like real people and I appreciate that. If you want characters who just learn to not have anxiety instantly and it's never brought up again, watch a REAL little girl's show.
>>
Could it be that the writers were hesitant to make drastic changes to Fluttershy's character out of fear that fans wouldn't like the change? Considering the overall adverse reaction to "Nu-Shy" it seems like such a fear would be justified.

ITT faggots wanted her to change and when she finally changed they hated it
>>
another anon pointed this out before me and i'm taking his answer, but fluttershy episodes have been a systematic addressing of types of challenges people with anxiety face, right up to fluttershy leans in. it could never have been a one-and-done.
>>
and i want to add, it seems like they wanted her to be more lively and have more fun this season.
>>
>>30781854
But ponies also have a drastically different way of registering problems. Like, what might be a minor problem for a real person can feel like the end of the world for a pony.
Ponies overreacting is pretty much a show staple, so some of these problems the caste face might be equivalent to life and death scenarios to them.

That being said, this is more for a lot of the other problems except Fluttershy's. Her anxiety is a bit more complex then some of the other ponies' problems.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.