[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He has the option to be a pony in Equestria >he chooses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 284
Thread images: 47

File: 1263366.png (54KB, 383x383px) Image search: [Google]
1263366.png
54KB, 383x383px
>He has the option to be a pony in Equestria
>he chooses Earth pony
What would drive a man to do this?
>>
big dick
>>
>>30780178
Some of us don't wanna be special snowflakes. People who choose the other two really just wanna be an alicorn but don't wanna seem like an edgy faggot.
>>
>>30780178
He fell for the "urf pone strength" and "plant magic" memes
>>
>>30780192
What the hell are you talking about? Choosing Earth pony would be the ultimate snow flake move.

>"Hey guys! I could choose to fly or use magic, but I am such a faggot that I chose Earth pony!"
>>
>>30780192
shit dude I just think it would be cool to fly.
>>
File: 1508426296247.png (660KB, 1258x720px) Image search: [Google]
1508426296247.png
660KB, 1258x720px
>>30780178
opinion.
>>
File: sugar tilt.gif (1MB, 454x600px) Image search: [Google]
sugar tilt.gif
1MB, 454x600px
>>30780192
>not wanting to be part of the masterrace just for the sake of it
>>
File: 1498355702554.jpg (13KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1498355702554.jpg
13KB, 259x194px
>You're a Pegasus
>You can fly and walk in clouds
>You're an earthy
>You have force or some crazy power like pinky pie
>You're a unicorn
>You can lift stuff and make light
>>
>>30780178
It depends on why you want to be a pony. For most needs, a Pegasus or Unicorn body will do nicely. But if you want to spend the rest of your life in Equestria as a broodmare, pumping out foals and staying big-as-a-barrel pregnant as long as you're physically capable, then a birdhorse or narwhal donkey just won't do.
>>
>>30780233
I wanna be that broodmare
>>
>>30780178
>Wanting to be turned into any kind of pony
That's the real brainlet choice
>>
>>30780178
Simple life for a simple pony, gnomesayin?

I'd love to be a pegasus, however. Love love love those beautiful clouds.
>>
>>30780192
Nah, I've just wanted to be able to move things with my mind ever since I first saw Star Wars as a kid.
>>
>>30780253
This

>Be a changeling
>Can use magic
>Can fly
>Take on any form you want
>Still not op enough to be considered a mary sue

How can horses even compete?
>>
>>30780272
But then you would be an ugly changeling.
>>
>>30780283
>Take on any form you want
Can you even read?
>>
>>30780272
Or you can you know, remain a human and not deal with having to get used to a new anatomy
>>
>>30780330
But as a changeling you can just turn into a human, a better looking version of yourself while you're at it.
>>
File: IMG_0200.gif (954KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0200.gif
954KB, 500x280px
>>30780212
I honestly don't think I could function as anything other than an Unicorn. I mean what the point of living in a world of magic if you can't bend it to your will?
>>
>>30780330
>go to a magical land of cute poners
>wanting to corrupt it with your filthy warmongering ape body
>>
>>30780365
The body is not what warmongers.
>>
>>30780192
>And God held aloft a soul and spake
>"Young soul, what dost thou wisheth to become?"
>And the young soul spake unto God
"Just make me a regular human. I don't want to feel like an edgy snowflake."
>And God dropped his holy attitude.
>"What, seriously? You know I don't just let everyone choose right? You could have super powers, or be a mythical creature. Whatever."
"No thanks. I want to be entirely average."
>"Really?"
>The young soul nodded.
>"Okay."
>And it was so.
>The young soul was given a mortal form upon the Earth as an entirely average and completely uninteresting human being.
>Meanwhile a super human flew overhead with a wide grin on his face as an audience cheered him on in the distance.
>The newly formed human chuckled.
"I'm glad I'm not that idiot."
>He later died a very average death having accomplished nothing of note in his life.
>His gravestone read 'At least I wasn't a snowflake.'
>>
>>30780393
kek
>>
>>30780365
>he doesn't want to r(ape) ponies with his monkey cock
>>
>>30780294
You might dress and act like a normal dude, but you're still a faggot.
>>
Simple life
You get born in a big family, everyone loves each other and you get taught strong values

Look at AJ or big mac, they wouldn't give their life for anything else, no need for flashy magic or stupid wings

But if you accept meme answers, then of course, to be able to breed mudmares without messing with the genes
>>
>>30780178
>not retaining your Human body and absolutely dominating Equestria with your superior genes.

when you really think about it, Ponies are so ill-equipped for war they have to rely completely on magic to get the job done. There's rarely been a serious hoof-to-hoof confrontation when confronting a major villain, or just anything. Humans, meanwhile, can become effective and extremely lethal soldiers in just months of hard training, and our ability to survive and simply last in confrontation just buries any other species'.
>>
>>30780527
>being a human in Equestria
Terrible.
>>
>>30780393
>>30780200
Pretty much. The mere act of trying to act like you aren't an attention whore basically means you are an attention whore trying to get brownie points.
"Hey look at me, I'm taking the shittiest path because I'm not like you idiots!"
They're like the hipster using an old typewriter instead of a computer.
P.S.
Being a human in Equestria is still pretty attention grabbing, you'd just be dismissed later as useless since for anything you'd be able to contribute to society, there would be ten ponies who could do it better.
>>
>>30780178
>doesn't want to be the pony type with the nicest asses
>>
>>30780178
>implying i wouldn't choose to be glimglam
>>
File: kraut rat.jpg (133KB, 500x635px) Image search: [Google]
kraut rat.jpg
133KB, 500x635px
Would you think there was ever an earth pony holocaust?
>>
>>30780527
First, the Sombra war timeline. and...
Yeah, no, just because ponies don't spend all day killing eachother like morons doesn't mean they wouldn't wreck average humans in fighting.
Strength, speed, endurance, and durability, they have us beat in all of it, plus flight and magic.
Our only advantage would be weapons, which can easily be taken and turned against us.
Do you really want to fight an earth pony who can pull houses or pummel boulders into rubble?

Nukes are about our only surefire way of winning since they'd not have the ability to retaliate if we made the first strike.
>>
>>30780178
If I could go to Equestria, I'd prefer if I could still keep my human body. Luna is my waifu and I'd enjoy looking like a weird balding creature of the night.
>>
>>30780730
Give ponies a bunch of bullshit biology facts about humans.
>Much like the naked mole rat, we humans have no need for fur to protect us from the cursed sun's harmful rays.
>>
I would roll a dice to choose that
>>
File: uh.png (280KB, 774x1024px) Image search: [Google]
uh.png
280KB, 774x1024px
>>30780718
>implying Earth ponies won't overwhelm Equestria
>>
>>30780178
As long as you aren't a jew, what difference does it make?
>>
>>30780767
Still conflicted with Aryanne being an inferior mud pony
>>
>>30780725
Humans are the better fighters. The Sombra War Arc just proves that Ponies are good at fighting ponies, and that /some/ ponies with the penchant for rock-destroying exist. Ponies simply couldn't compare to a human in a one-on-one brawl. We're a species built to last, one that regularly hunted in our early days by outlasting our prey. Ponies can fly, yes, but not forever. Nor can they match a human's stamina without being near a wonderbolt class of flyer. They also have magic, yet we have regularly seen that magic isn't simply all encompassing. Rarity, for example, wouldn't really be able to use her magic in a straight out fight, that's not what her magic is used for. It's simply not what it does. Ponies also lack the distinct war-like aggression of humans.
>>
File: 1071213t.png (27KB, 270x334px) Image search: [Google]
1071213t.png
27KB, 270x334px
>>30780787
>inferior
Earth ponies are pure.and the original race.
>>
>>30780814
Yeah, pure shite.
>>
>be a Griffon
>get Griffon puss

Solid logic
>>
>>30780802
Ponies carrying several ton heavy boulders and surviving falling anvils is the norm, not the exception. Ponies can live their entire lives without touching the ground because they can walk on clouds.

Rarity doesn't use her magic offensively because she's not a fighter, but if she did it'd be an attack you can't possibly defend against, your frail human can't withstand telekinetically flung rocks or better yet, in Rarity's case needles, scalpels and scissors. She's been shown to wield half a dozen with precision simultaneously.
>>
>>30780971
>Ponies carrying several ton heavy boulders and surviving falling anvils is the norm
I'm positive that's more of cartoon-physics than actual ability, bare the select ponies who can reasonably do it.

>Rarity doesn't use her magic offensively because she's not a fighter
because it's pretty well established she CAN'T use it to fight. Lemme point you to the diamond dogs, if she was really capable of taking out a "frail human" then she could take on diamond dogs. In every instance of her being in trouble, she hasn't simply brute-forced her magic, nor has she used any tools with her magic to fight. Not all magic is equal.
>>
>>30780971
Ah, the classic all Unicorns are like Twilight and Starlight level.
>>
>>30780991
If it's merely cartoon physics, why is it so prevalent and consistent?

Diamond dogs aren't human, and are as strong as ponies, being superhuman burrowers and whatnot.
>>
>>30781003
>why is it so prevalent and consistent?
>why is cartoon physics
>so prevalent
>in a cartoon

>Diamond Dogs aren't human
I'd say they're the closest things, they have a lot more upper body strength, but I'd give them a reasonable comparison to a top-tier bodybuilder.
>>
>>30781013
Top-tier bodybuilders can't burrow rocky ground at a speed measured in miles per hour..
>>
>>30781059
Notice that I compared upper body strength, and not the ability to dig? Moles are weaker than shit, they can still dig a LOT better than even the strongest man alive bare-handed.
>>
>>30780178
I have an earth pony OC, so sue me
(She can also be seen as any of the other two races for convenience at it has never been questioned)
>>
>>30781098
Can I fuck your Earth pony OC?
>>
>>30781111
No, shes pure, but Ive got one oc thats obsessed with male humans if thats what youre looking for
>>
>>30781071
Your assertion about upper body strength is false. A diamond dog can displace significantly more material, i.e. exert a greater force, than a bodybuilder can. Even with a shovel and pickaxe a bodybuilder can't burrow at even a fraction of the speed of a diamond dog, so it can't be a matter of well-developed digging claws or whatever.
>>
>>30781153
except it can. Diamond dogs are known for their ability to dig, which, while it does depend on their strength, also owes their abilities to their natural appendages. Humans don't have any sort of natural affinity or limbs suited for digging.Diamond Dogs have extremely long forelimbs, ending in wide, flat paws that are excellent for digging, much like a mole. Pound for pound, a mole is able to dig better and faster than a human, but it doesn't have a /lot/ of upper body strength, it has the correct techniques and natural appendages that allow it to displace a lot of material.
>>
>>30781153
This pattern of extreme capability extends to every race within the show, by the way. Changelings striking the ground with enough force to shatter the pavement, dragons swimming in molten lava, parasprites multiplying by the seconds, etc.
Against such opponents, Rarity's magic is indeed fairly limited, hence why she resorts to kicking.
>>
>>30780192
Or maybe I just want the capability of fine control to make up for the loss of hands?

That's to say nothing of fetish fuel.
>>
>>30781178
Digging technique is a red herring here. Just try and estimate the weight of the stone and dirt displaced, and you'll quickly realize it's magnitudes above what any human could accomplish.
>>
>>30780178
Because magic is work. You'd have to learn basic magic like a child. Same with flying which might also involve overcoming a fear of heights. Being an Earth Pone is simpler. There's less need to adapt.
>>
>>30781192
except it is. I compared the diamond dogs to a top-tier bodybuilder. The strongest man on earth can lift around 1200 pounds, give or take. It's reasonable to assume a top-tier bodybuilder can lift around 800-1000 pounds, reasonably. Given that bodybuilders of any shape or size do /not/ have any sort of built-in ability or aptitude for digging, and diamond dogs DO, it's a safe assumption to believe that diamond dogs also rely a lot on technique, and their natural affinity for digging. They're not lifting 3 tons of stone all at once, so it shouldn't be treated as if they were.
>>
>>30780212
>big mac betrays his earth pony heritage to breed a superior race

boooooy
>>
>>30781204
Go watch the scene again.
Even if we disregard the scooping and breaking of the ground, they're lifting several tons of rock PER SECOND, for a period of time.
>>
File: large (2).png (541KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
large (2).png
541KB, 1280x720px
>>30781211
Cheerilee was not putting out fast enough.
>>
>>30781236
>several tons of rock PER SECOND
I'd assume you're talking about the scene when Rarity drew an X in the dirt of the cave floor where the gems were? First off, there's no way they lifted "several tons per second". The dirt was loose enough for Rarity to draw an X in it easily. It was also accomplished by several diamond dogs at one. And, neither was it simply pure rock and stone, no way in hell as we see in the piles that accumulate that it's just dirt.
>>
>>30780192
I'm a Pilot, I'd kill to have my own wings, so excuse me if I have to be a snowflake to fly without a plane.
>>
>>30780178
I think most fell for the meme of Unicorn master race (including me)at least once,and yeah,they are superior by using magic all the time

but if you have to decide the way of life there,you have to consider that everything has a tomorrow and so,being superior could not turn out as prideful or fun as it seems for entering the master race group

an Earth pony life is simple,less responsibilities to care in terms of magic or wing power, and more focus on how to carry your life

I'd choose that race because you don't really need anything else.

Although I wouldn't mind having a pair of wings for my free time weekends,making a trip through the clouds every now and then and using the wings for swimming more gracefully than just using hooves...it would comfort me and help for stressful phases.
>>
File: 1481895871256.png (518KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481895871256.png
518KB, 1280x720px
>>30781292
Same here, actually. Pilot, would murder to have a natural, fully functional pair of wings.
>>
>>30780178
>cornfags
You do realize learning magic is fucking hard right? There is a reason why most unicorns are fucking casuals who can only do basic spells
>b-but I can become like Twilight if I try hard enough
Good luck with keeping up with the autist who had good education and was trained by god
>>
>>30781277
Dirt, stony dirt, rock, whatever. The exact composition can be disregarded, as the maths for that can't be meaningfully accounted for. What's important is that it's dense, as in heavy by volume.
I was more thinking of the scene with the mane6 above ground, with all the large mounds they create on the fly.
>>
>>30780192
>wanting to be completely average at best
>when you could fly
>or have magic at your disposal that can give you access to an untold amount of abilities all dependent on your desire to develop said magic
>such as self-levitation, aka flying
>>
>>30780272
>become changelog
>get rainbowfied by faggot king who is just a puppet of the horse administration
>can't say anything because according to princess Toilet you are just oblivious of ((friendship))
>>
>>30781309
And talent. Remember that most unicorns literally can't even get close, no matter how hard they try.
>>
>>30780365
>implying Equestria isn't already corrupt
We know they reproduce like any other mammals, It's all downhill from there
>>
>>30781321
>the scene with the m6 above ground
that's not even really heavy, either. That's JUST dirt. Any species with a large upper body and the ability to dig quickly would be able to fill those holes no fucking problem.
>>
>>30781322
Magical aptitude is talent-based, not desire-based.
>>
>>30781333
Nah. You need superhuman strength (or a vehicle) to exert enough force that quick.
>>
>>30781335
>Magical aptitude is talent-based, not desire-based
Where's your proof, bro? Besides, Trixie, who people here say is shit at magic, can turn things into teacups just by thinking about it. No special training. Glimglam just told her she could do it and she did it.
>>
File: 1463252012924.png (281KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1463252012924.png
281KB, 1200x1600px
>>30780835
>be Geomar the griffon
>pay to live in shitty kingdom
>pay to fuck your girlfriend who later leaves you for a stallion
>pay to watch Equestrian Games losing to horses
>run out of money and get a job entertaining horse tourists who started showing up after the princess shilling her shitty cult
>house is demolished to build sun horse church
>>
>>30781342
you really don't. I'll admit the scene where they're blasting out dirt like a waterfall is pretty suspect, but everything else is within the realm of possibility for a species designed to dig. They were really just filling holes, and we already know there's a lot of diamond dogs, so it can be assumed it's not just the three main ones we see.
>>
>>30781329
This is what the corn elites want you to believe
>>
>>30781346
glimmer and co. fucking up seven seasons worth of mostly consistent magic lore
>>
>>30781203
>Choose pegasus/unicorn
>Can do literally everything mudpones can with the added benefit of one day learned flying and magic
There is absolutely nothing earth pones have going for them
>>
>>30781346
Trixie went to Celestia's school for Gifted unicorns, as was confirmed by Faust.
As for evidence, see Sunburst, Boast Busters, and arguably the very existence of a special school for unicorns who are 'gifted'.
>>
>>30781375
Well, except for fanon things like """super""" strength, breedability/fertility, and longevity. All of which are suspect and most likely not even exclusive to earth ponies and just depends on circumstance being right. Like, Maud would be able to break rocks just as easily as a pegasus as she would as an earth pony.
>>
>>30780178
Wanting to be an earth pone in Equestria is like going to a good italian restaurant and ordering a cheese pizza.
Thought to be fair, wanting to be a human in Equestria is like ordering dry bread.
>>
>>30781375
They use magic to grow plants, even in wastelands like Appleloosa. If you're Earth you've got your work cut out for you without even trying. It's a good choice if want to dedicate your life to hobbies, the arts, or similar ventures that don't specifically involve flying.
>>
>>30781402
>You could be flying across Equestria, going on grand adventures seeing shit with ease because you could legit jump off a railing in Canterlot and get to the top of a mountain within a few minutes
>Or you could be mastering ancient arts, studying and casting spells bestowed upon the world by men who understood more than mere mortals could possibly know
>But instead you chose to break rock
>>
>>30780178
Because flying would actually be as mundane as walking when the novelty wears off. It also wouldn't be necessary if your job involves being on the ground or in a building.
Hooves are capable of doing most jobs and if something needs fine minute manipulation then at that point technology will exist for machines to create or handle tiny objects.
>>
File: 1433532267038.png (274KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1433532267038.png
274KB, 500x375px
>>30781438
>Goes to the magical land of Equestria
>Wants a basic bitch human-tier job
Fuck that shit mang, I'll take a weatherpone job over fucking warehouse work or retail any day
>>
>>30780178
Earth ponies are the strongest, and the sex would be crazy.
>>
>>30780178
Grow weed lmao.
>>
>>30781309
Telekinesis is all you need in every day life, you fucking retard.
>>
>>30781423
Alchemy is portrayed as the ultimate art (and rightfully so), it can be mastered by anyone, so if arcane knowledge is your goal, unicorn doesn't really factor into except as one viacle option of the first stepping stones.
>>
>>30781438
>when the novelty wears off.
Fuck you and fuck this mentality, the sun has risen every fucking day that i've livedon this earth and watching that 'novelty' hasnt worn off yet.
Just because you cant appreciate the wonders you're given doesnt mean that others are incapable, every stretch of my wings, every touch of the breeze through my mane and every sight that touched my eyes would bring with it the simple joy of having your life long dream realised.
>>
>>30781457
You don't need telekinesis in your daily life.
>>
>>30781438
>Because flying would actually be as mundane as walking
Even so, at least a pegasus has the option of doing both freely.
>>
File: Snowflakes_in_a_bowl_S1E16.png (702KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Snowflakes_in_a_bowl_S1E16.png
702KB, 1280x720px
>>30781445
Because being in equestria still means you would most likely need to find a living. Even the mane 6 at the beginning had day jobs. Also weatherpony work means factory work too.
>>
>>30781472
to be fair we don't know just how much ponies rely on using their mouths
>>
>>30781485
Mouths and hooves get them by just as well as we humans do. Non-Twilight unicorns like Rarity also often opt out of telekinesis.
>>
File: 23543253245.png (185KB, 389x424px) Image search: [Google]
23543253245.png
185KB, 389x424px
>>30781438
>Because flying would actually be as mundane as walking when the novelty wears off
That is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard, yeah, having completely three dimensional movement is a "novelty" that wouldn't be in anyway useful for everyday life.
Nigga, even with normal work like construction or whatever flying would be incredibly useful, it'd be one of those things that once you have it you'd never know how you lived without it. And I don't know about you but I flew on planes a lot, let me tell ya, seeing all sorts of different little towns and cities from a birds eye view never gets old.
>>
>>30720646
>>
>>30781503
Yes, we know there is a furry general
>>
>>30781468
What I'm trying to say is that for most ponies, whether given wings or a horn, are probably going to be fine in their day to day life.
Feeling compassion can be done without wings too. An /out/ earth pony trekking a high mountain or sky diving can be just as exhilarating as you described flying.
>>
>>30781499
Not necessarily. Flying will probably be banned in medical environments to preserve sterility and even in the cloudsdale weather factory flying posed a danger and damaged materials in some areas.
>>
>>30781515
>Flying will probably be banned in medical environments
Which would be an issue if you lived your entire life in a hospital for some reason, but when your job is just your job instead of your life you could do a ton of shit with flying.

I mean, even Twilight was able to fly from Ponyville to Canterlot in less than a day with fucking Pinkie Pie on her back, mudpones have to pay for a train ride.
>>
>>30781499
Also I'm not saying flying is unnecessary but I'm trying to dispute claims that earth ponies are useless by trying to see it from their perspective. As a pilot, you know how fast and heavy aircrafts are. Any type of pony would be able to fly that thing and become useful for delivering cargo or munitions.
>>
>>30780393
this is gold
>>
>>30781533
Pegasi already pull chariots and lorries across the sky, and good pegasi can go supersonic, exceptional pegasi like Dash accelerate to hypersonic speeds in seconds.
I agree with your argument, but your example is shit. Manmade airplanes are fucking useless next to pegasi.
>>
>>30781393
>Trixie went to Celestia's school
When was this mentioned in the show? Sunburst's situation is left vague enough that he could have been another Trixie that just didn't have the right motivation. Magic seems like any other thing in life: some people won't reach A level because they just don't have it in them, but they can at least work their way up from C to B level.
>>
>>30781547
Those are only a few ponies who can go supersonic and only two who have done it on screen, Dash and apparently Twilight. Exceptional pegasi might be hard to find and taking your average pony with wings or not and training them to fly can be a huge force multiplier. Pegasi can still be used but now you have the option to support and supplement them if needed.
>>
>>30780178
>go to equestria
>turn into a anthro cat or storm baboon
>>
>>30781570
A sonic rainboom has nothing to do with the speed of sound, it's a magical discharge that cqn happen independently of speed. Twilight's for example is very slow, and Dash can break the sound barrier without creating a Sonic Rainboom
>>
>>30781564
Sure. And when it comes to magic, 'B' and 'C' level are leagues behind 'A' level.
>>
>>30781564
Exactly. Magic is talent-based, if you don't have the talent you're shit out of luck, and only know one or two spells related to your special talent.
>>
>>30781574
I would kill myself to be honest
>>
>>30780178
some people just like it vanilla.
>>
>>30781598
No. B is a league behind A. C is two leagues behind A.
>>
>>30780178
>not wanting to become a dragon
>opposable thumbs, bipedal master race, super strength, basically unbreakable scales, flight, can breathe fire, able to walk around Equestria so long as you're not a piece of shit
it's the perfect upgrade and yet so few people choose it
>>
>>30781753
If i couldn't choose to be human then 100% this. Though getting old and huge maybe a problem... not gonna be able to do much then.
>>
>>30781762
Your perspective of the world would certainly change with age and size, but I don't think it'd be all that restrictive.
First of all, you've already lived a full "normal" lifetime before size even becomes a significant factor, so you've lost nothing. Then when you do grow very big, distances in turn become much smaller, and no natural threat can harm you. Go on a migration and see the world. Write a book about your discoveries. Settle down for a while and build a settlement for ponies or one of the smaller races, you could set a stone house in a day if you're so inclined. Become a politician. Or an artist with the landscape as your canvas.
>>
>>30780178
What the fuck is with all the 'If I were in equestria, I would be an X' threads lately? Did we get invaded by EQD?
>>
>>30780200
It's like how all the Harry Potter fags identify as Hufflepuff: they're being narcicistic by pretending to be humble.
>>
>>30781831
The show is in full swing and hype for the movie is building. People who are actual fans of the show and it's universe as opposed to fans of the fandom are crawling out of the woodworks again. This happens whenever there's not a hiatus on.
>>
>>30781868
Are you implying that not making autistic arguments about what species I would be if I went to a completely fictional realm that does not exist makes me a fan of the fandom?

You'd be wrong, though, it never used to happen with this frequency, not on /mlp/ of all places. We used to have one a month, if that, now we're getting them all but daily.
>>
Because even without magic I could still woop ass with a sword
>>
File: IMG_0289.gif (997KB, 326x132px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0289.gif
997KB, 326x132px
>>30780365
>corrupt it with your filthy warmongering ape body
>>
>>30781762
>>30781809
>live a hundred human lives and still only be bipedal
>watch as the world passes you by
>grow big and old
>too old to see the new world
>but not too old to forget the old
>find a cozy mountain to live in and build your home in and around it
>collect tomes of old and long forgotten lore
>some of your own writings some of those from a time before yours
>many adventurers come to you in your final centuries, hearing of the mightiest hoard a dragon has ever collected
>they never find gold, or gems or weapons of power, but knowledge
>>
>>30781905
>Books filled with text of a green hue depicting erotic acts between ponies
>>
>>30780178
It's relly weird. I can understand people who say that earth ponies are important, that they aren't some untermensch, etc. I can understand people who likes earth ponies the most from all pony kinds, who wafiu earth ponies.
But what could prompt anyone to want to be earth pony? Unicorns and pegasi have everything that earth ponies have with added bonuses. Even if average pegasus or unicorn aren't powerfull they still have flight/magic while average earth pony can mak plans grow faster. And earth ponies don't have any big advantages in strength or endurance. They are probably a little stronger on average but nothing beyond that.

I would still choose human, tho you can eat meat, you have hands and you're bigger than average pony (thus stronger, their super strength is some big bullshit considering that one moment they can move whole house, and another they pull carts light and small enough that animal with their size would fit perfectly for them). You also are at least for a moment someone, if you became pony why would your life change in any way? If you aren't succesfull as human why would you succeed as pony? Cutie mark doesn't mean that you have sucessfull life, there is alot more shitty jobs to be done than good ones so there is high chance that you actually get talent in doing something not that great.
>>
>>30781939
No, their strength, super or not, is a confirmed part of canon. It's the rule, not the exception.

Sometimes a smaller cart is preferable. Similarly to how you don't bring your biggest trekking backpack when your pockets will carry your phone and wallet nicely.
>>
>>30781939
Earth ponies have their work cut out for them. Work the fields for a few hours and spend the rest of the day fulfilling your dreams, whether it be hanging out with friends, inventing new technology, or what have you.
Earth ponies are usually depicted at the forefront of technological development or artistic achievement. They can afford to do what they like and still comfortably sustain themselves wuth their magic.
>>
>>30780178
I like a challenge.
>>
>>30781947
No it isn't. We have many anecdotal examples, that's true. We saw them pulling train, moving house, destroying rocks, that's true. But when we see their daily life there are no examples of super strength there. Normal ponies don't carry heavy things, they don't pull heavy carts. They present stregth of animal of their size in normal life. Even AJ bucking her trees is some bullshit magic because if it was pure strentgh she would just destroy them insted of dropping apples.
It depends what headcanon you have there, we have some indication that they have super strentgh and some that they don't have.

>>30781954
Litterally headcanon. From all of M6 pony who do the most work is AJ, and when she's going on adventures than Big Mac is doing shitload of work himself. Dash was head of weather team and was lazy half of the time. Earth ponies don't have any advantages here. And they also don't have any special place in technology or artistic fields. They probably made their fair share of inventions, but same we can say about unicorns or pegasi.
>>
>>30781309
Starlight did it without any of that
>>
>>30781324
>Allowing yourself to always be on the verge of starvation because your "glorious" leader is a retard.

Granted Thorax is a retard too, but at least you won't have to worry about fucking starving to death
>>
I'd choose earth pony so I could have amplified strength that improves my monkness. I'd be the fist of the north star for horses.
>>
>>30781985
Starlight is a poorly written character
>>
File: kns.jpg (100KB, 1600x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kns.jpg
100KB, 1600x1080px
>>30782013
You and I - not so different.
>>
File: farteating.jpg (50KB, 925x703px) Image search: [Google]
farteating.jpg
50KB, 925x703px
>>30782015
nuh uh
>>
>>30780178
Most of us aren't into /x/ so we wouldn't be unicorns, and to become a pegasus we'd need to be /fit/. Earth ponies can be everything but the other two are highly specialized.
>>
>>30780178
Earth pony stallions have headcanonically the biggest penises. Moreover, Earth pony mares have the softest pussy, which you would have the greatest chance of attaining.

Though personally I'd still be a pegasus.
>>
>>30782149
>Earth ponies can be everything
They can't be flyers or mages.
>>
>>30781547
>Manmade airplanes are fucking useless next to pegasi.
Except for military aircraft.
>>
File: 1493842830323.jpg (941KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1493842830323.jpg
941KB, 1280x853px
>>30782149
>and to become a pegasus we'd need to be /fit/
Are you implying you wouldn't quickly get fit with a pair of wings on your back? I'd very quickly become the most active I've ever been in my life if I had wings.
>>
File: 1398961494620.png (3MB, 2181x1908px) Image search: [Google]
1398961494620.png
3MB, 2181x1908px
>you will never fly like a pegasus
>>
If it were up to me, there'd only be two or three unicorns alive at any time. No alicorns. Equestria's situation with unicorn/alicorn magic and how it's portrayed is so weak and contrived it would be better off not even having it. Make traditional magic a myth in the world where ponies have discovered technology and utilise tools left behind by ancient civilizations to move forward.
Have their be conflict regarding using such technology. Have there be lingering tensions between those of the earth and those in the sky. Just keep magic stuff relegated to Twilight Sparkle, one of the two royal sisters and maybe Starlight. Maybe.
>>
File: 133330123711.jpg (95KB, 1600x835px) Image search: [Google]
133330123711.jpg
95KB, 1600x835px
>>30783578
>"So, what do you want to do in life anon, got any dreams?"
>"Oh i dunno, havent thought that far ahead, guess i havent found one yet."
>"Well dont worry, just believe in yourself and i'm sure you'll be able to reach it when you find it."
>tfw your only dream is to fly under your own power.
I envy those who have achievable dreams, falling with style and using a machine just cant compare to the sheer freedom that your own pair of wings would bring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7mZTrXKNuY
>>
>>30780361
Flying.
>"oh, but I could just fly with my magic!"
Probably not, most unicorns can't do that at all, let alone for sustained periods of time.
Not disagreeing, being a unicorn would be way better, but still.
>>
>>30783694
>being a unicorn would be way better
>opinions
>>
File: IMG_0354.gif (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0354.gif
2MB, 800x450px
>>30783686

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nVhNCTH8pDs
>>
as an earth pony your puny magic can't get penetrate my muscles and if I wanted to fly I could just lift gravity upside down being how strong I am
>>
>>30780408
Thy would you rape with a tiny man-cock when you could rape with a massive horse-cock?
>>
>>30783758
An average sized human penis would be larger than a horse dick in equestria
>>
>>30781547
>>30781570
And what if I told you that their atmosphere is way less dense than ours and is why a fucking horse with wings can break the sound barrier, let alone FLY

TLDR your 'calculations' and comparing aircraft with flying horses is absolutely retarded because we don't know shit about them or their world
>>
File: Sam is interested.jpg (231KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sam is interested.jpg
231KB, 1920x1080px
>>30780178
You know, I'd be down to be a unicorn snowflake that does some magic besides telekinesis
Hell, I'll even be a pegasi for the sake of flying

But if I had to pick between a griffon and an alicorn, I'd obviously pick the catbird
>Can fly and walk on clouds
>HANDS
>Naturally /fit/ (if not, I would wok my ass off till exhaustion)
>Can SQUAWK like a motherfucker
>20/100 eagle vision
>Extremely quick reflexes
>Could, in theory, run faster with lion hind legs
>Can eat fish without looking like some sort of monster
>Masturbation is futile, since a lions dick is extremely small
>Still, who needs masturbating after all of the above?

If I had the choice, I'd be the Jetstream Sam of the winged lions
>>
>>30784017
griffons aint got de magicks tho
>>
File: Jetstream Sam in the elevator.webm (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Jetstream Sam in the elevator.webm
3MB, 600x338px
>>30784023
Who needs magic when going after that No Hit S Rank Score in Revengeance mode?
>>
>>30783686
I know what you mean, bro.
>>
File: 1503209853921.jpg (665KB, 1849x1441px) Image search: [Google]
1503209853921.jpg
665KB, 1849x1441px
>>30783657
>one of the two royal sisters
>one
seriously nigga? make the royal sisters the only alicorns, then make Twilight, and Cadence the only other unicorns maybe Trixie to since in the mostly magicless universe it could make her a much more interesting character if she was
>>
File: sRbnhct.png (728KB, 1313x1105px) Image search: [Google]
sRbnhct.png
728KB, 1313x1105px
>>30780178
Tbh i d pick to be a bat pony
They re pretty much a direct upgrade over the pegassie
>can fly
>likely to be more agile in the air due to bat wings
>can see in the dark
>have cool fangs
>are more fluffy
>they re associated with best princess
I wouldnt pick them for "snowflake" reasons either,but for cultural ones
Guess my nationality
>>
>>30784471
Serbian?
>>
>>30784505
No,but very close
Id like to know your reasoning for that guess
>>
File: 1352343449459.jpg (103KB, 500x530px) Image search: [Google]
1352343449459.jpg
103KB, 500x530px
>>30784523
One of the following, then: Croatia, Slovenia, Albania, Macedonia, Kosovo, Romania, Bulgaria.

I think Romania.
>>
File: Rainbowdash_e827cc_2689122.jpg (58KB, 662x872px) Image search: [Google]
Rainbowdash_e827cc_2689122.jpg
58KB, 662x872px
>>30784546
>i think romanian
Pretty much
>>
File: 1490651993770.png (418KB, 1008x663px) Image search: [Google]
1490651993770.png
418KB, 1008x663px
>>30784471
In that case you could easily go with 'dragon' and be ten times stronger and more durable to boot. Along with breathing fire.

Plus dragon babes.
>>
>>30784571
Yeah, blood sucking gave it away. You Romanians really love that ass blood.
>>
>>30780188

>big mac has a big dick
>every anon thinks they'll be the next big mac

that's not how it works
>>
>>30784585
>you love that ass blood
Expecially if its comming form hungarians
One of my headcannon is that bat ponies live in a land secluded from equestria,they put a lot of value on family and their race,the best of their fighters get hired as moonie guards and even tho they have a history of bloodshee and violence they re actually very welcoming to other ponies
Also they have a changeling infestation,but they ve become able to smell them while in disguise,so instead of a threat they re more of a nuissance
>>
>>30784471
We are talking about canon here not your deviant art fantasies
>>
File: 1499377021620.gif (3MB, 390x357px) Image search: [Google]
1499377021620.gif
3MB, 390x357px
>>30784762
>batponies are not canon
>even tho they ve appeared in the show
>>
>>30784805
They only showed up very briefly and we know nothing about them, stop getting your facts mixed up with headcanons
>but muh flutterbat
created by magic, she neither looks or behaves like the ones we saw
>>
>>30784827
>They only showed up very briefly and we know nothing about them
That doesnt meat they dont exist
They do exist in canon and they are the 5th pony race until proven otherwise
>stop getting your facts messed up with the headcanon
I already mentioned that was my headcanon,how could i get my headcanon messed up with other peoples headcanons?
>>
>>30784851
>That doesnt meat they dont exist
I never said that
>>
>>30783694
Yea you see the thing about that is that I couldn't give any less shits about flying than I already do. Besides I would sooner just own an airship or get pulled in a chariot by some pegasus. If I went to Equestria and the asshole who brought me there made me a pegasus I would cut the wings off out of spite.
>>
>>30784244
Think of it like this;
Starswirl the Beared is the only untouched being in the show's lore. He's been left out, unexplored, for which I'm thankful of. Alicorns should have been the same but now we have not only two alicorns, but five - one of which is a baby wherein their episodes are about 'alicorns are OP'; something that never really should be explored since an introduction to 'power scaling' in any show is a shit way to go.
Even Dragon Ball learned to drop that shit with Super.
>>
>>30780178
Giving up superior human genes and spirit. I'm not angry, just disappointed.
>>
>>30784017
20/100 eyesight is worse than blind.
>>
>>30783763
[citation needed]
>>
>>30783959
From a standstill to 500 feet in two seconds isn't enough to impress RD.
>>
>>30784851
4th is Crystal pony I take it?
What about zebra ponies? They have a cutie mark and everything. Changelings probably qualify as well.
>>
>>30786817
>4th is Crystal pony I take it?
I'm not him, but 4th is obviously alicorn. Zebras and Changelings are different species. I'd also say that bat ponies are merely a subset of pegasi.
>>
>>30786845
Wait, why are zebras different species? They have cutie marks, the same body type, and their own kind of magic.
>>
>>30787040
They're ziggers.
>>
>>30780527
And yet the pegasi were the warrior tribe, and as part of that legacy, the royal guard still wears pegasus-style armour to this day. It stands to reason that pegasi are probably the best suited for battle.

>>30781947
>>30781981
>No it isn't. We have many anecdotal examples, that's true.
If you accept official licensed materials as evidence, earth pony strength/durability is an actual game mechanic in Tails of Equestria.

>>usually depicted at the forefront of technological development
>Literally headcanon
The most notable scientist ponies we've seen are Doctor Hooves and Bill Neigh, both of whom are earth ponies.

>>30786817
>>30786845
In D&D terms, crystal pony is just a template that can be applied to any other type of pony. I'd like to see batponies explored as a fully realised race, given what Larson and Faust have said, but hopefully the Nightmare Moon timeline doesn't go too strongly against that.

>>30787040
The show explicitly says that they aren't ponies. Just having an equine body shape and a cutie mark doesn't make you a pony, I guess.
>>
>>30787057
A crystal pony is not the same as a different pony with a crystal pony template.
Any pony can participate in the crystal fair ritual and become shiny for a time, but only trueborn crystal ponies permanently retain hexagonal reflections in their eyes and are the only ponies who can have gradient manes and tails.
>>
Unicorns aren't really that powerful. They only have basic levitation and maybe a unique skill tied to their qt mark if you're lucky.

Likewise, Pegasi aren't really special either. None of them are that fast at all, let alone super strong fliers. Just enough to get around.

Earth ponies have shown to be particularly resilient and strong as a trade-off for lack of magic or flight.

All three races have their ups and downs, but none truly have a significant advantage over the other.
>>
>>30787139
>but only trueborn crystal ponies permanently retain hexagonal reflections in their eyes
It seems weird that none of the Crystal Empire guardsponies we've seen were born in the Crystal Empire. I guess it's possible given the somewhat recent regime change, though; these guys didn't even appear until EqG, so they could've just been reassigned from Canterlot.
>>
>>30787188
Or alternatively, if they WERE born in the Crystal Empire and thus "natural-born," it would mean this guy was natural-born as well -- which supports my point about templates.
>>
File: IMG_3717.jpg (49KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3717.jpg
49KB, 680x680px
>>30780178
My OC is an earth pony, but if I was going to ponyland I'd choose Lyra kind.
>>
>>30780725
You can't assume nuclear weapons would work in Equestria. Physics there might be VERY different.
>>
>>30780802
You can't make the assumption that the stamina of Equestrian ponies wouldn't be a match or superior to that of humans. There is no comparison in canon. I would assert that if push came to shove with regard to a war that pony kind would innovate and develop the magic in order to defend their world.
>>
>>30780991
You're making the assumption that cartoon-physics isn't the norm there. If all we have to go on is the show, then cartoon physics IS the norm.
>>
>>30780991
Further, it's possible that Rarara chose the tactic she chose because she abhors violence. By the end of that episode, the Diamond Dogs were defeated by her superior intellect.
>>
>>30787314
Regarding development, it took Equestria less than two years of Crystal War for them to develop artificial wings articulate enough to fly and perform frontline duty with. If they set their industry to it Equestria can VERY quickly field new ideas.
>>
>>30787336
Agreed. You and I are on the same page!
>>
>>30787188
I think it makes sense, as you say there's been a regime shift and the co-ruler is Equestria's guard captain.
If Crystal Empire had a functional guard of their own, they would have either had to be defeated and disbanded by Sombra, or be Sombra loyalists, because they didn't put up a defense alongside the mane6 in Return of Crystal Empire.

I'm still very sceptical towards guards as any form of evidence either way, up until S4 we only had two colors, and almost all were either pegasus or unicorn males, leading some people to even speculate Celestia used magic to make all guards appear white.
>>
>>30781002
True not all ponies are like Twiggles and Glims, e.g. Sunburst. However, there is that little school for gifted unicorns that Celestia runs. That's been running for a number of years. I would assume then that there are a more than a few magically adept unicorns throughout Equestria. Further, note that Trixie with some guidance from Starlight was able to transform common items into tea cups and also teleport the Cutie or Friendship Map to the Ponyville Day Spa. All I'm saying is that you are under estimating the significance of unicorn magic.
>>
>>30780178
Likes gardening a lot i guess?

Id do it only for the borderline druid buffs.

Im more of a flying sort.
>>
>>30787384
How many? A class or two every year? 20-50 unicorns maybe? The classrooms we see aren't very large, and the auditoriun couldn't fit more than a hundred, if even that many students.
So out of the entire unicorn population, 50 are exceptuonal enough to enroll in Celestia's school, and the population as a whole is, what, a couple of hundred thousands? Millions?
Exceptional unicorns are a fraction of a percent, and Twilight is beyond exceptional to the point where she studied directly under Celestia.
>>
>>30787484
To get into Celestia's school we presume that she selects the best of the best. You are also making an assumption there are no other schools. I assert that there must be tho I concede in the show there isn't any mention of them. I haven't read very many comics, so I can't speak to that part of the canon. In any case, we are probably looking at a few thousand exceptional unicorns at any one time based on your upper estimate for the number of students in Celestia's school. Nevertheless, assuming that there are other schools, there must be a number of other reasonably competent unicorn wizards in Equestria -- Note Starlight did not go to Celestia's school and she is Twiggles equal when it comes to magic. In any case, I've lost my train of thought. so I'll conclude by saying that it is not unreasonable to conclude that there is no small number of quite powerful unicorn wizards in Equestria that could be mustered to defend their nation should the need arise.
>>
>>30787528
Also note that with not much help Glim Glam was able to instruct Triskie on how to transform objects into tea cups. Likewise, Triskie was able to perform the teleportation spell on the Cutie Map tho not able to fully control it. I think that speaks to the versatility of the unicorn pony variant.
>>
>>30787533
Trixie went to Celestia's school. It was cut from the episode but was confirmed by Faust herself.

But yeah, a couple of thousand Trixie-level unicorns sounds about right.
>>
>>30787057
>earth pony strength/durability is an actual game mechanic in Tails of Equestria.

We had physical contest between AJ and RD that proved us that their strentgh is pretty siilamr (not identicall but difference wasn't big). And than Running of the Leaves and their endirance also falls apart.
>>
>>30787596
similar
>>
>>30787596
AJ physically broke the test your strength machine in that contest by hitting it too hard though. Running of the Leaves isn't a good indication either, because she's racing against Rainbow, a pony that's been training since birth in endurance. Plus, Twilight came fifth just by pacing herself, so clearly most ponies tire easily.
>>
>>30787596
I'd argue that that's one of the biggest indicators of Earth Pony strength. Rainbow Dash, the strongest pegasi that we've seen on record and who has been training her entire life for the equivalent of the pegasi military, is equal to Applejack, an Earth Pony farmer from bumfuck nowhere who grows apples for a living.
>>
>>30787634
>Strongest Pegasi

Ignoring Bulk Biceps, who is a joke character.
>>
>>30787612
>>30787634

RD is far from strongest pegasi we seen. She is really fast and athletic but she isn't strongest. She's stronger than average but that's it. We saw a lot of pegasi simply bigger than her and with more muscles. She even is part of stunt flying team, she simply can't grow to much muscles necause she needs to be light and lithe to perform.
It all was happening before she joined woonderbolts, when she was just weather captain and amateur stunt flyer.

Same as AJ isn't anything special when we speak about earth ponies, but she's still doing physical work since she was little filly so she's stronger than average earth pony.

And while AJ won some of the rounds, even in those that were purely about strentgh she didn't have some gigantic advantage, she even lost hoof wrestling contest.

So it proves that earth ponies don't have some magic fueled strength. Maybe they are naturally a little stronger because they have more muscle mass and harder bones, like men compared to women? But nothing beyond that.
>>
File: 1426044050591.jpg (62KB, 640x569px) Image search: [Google]
1426044050591.jpg
62KB, 640x569px
>>30780178
>He has the option to be a pony in Equestria
>he chooses unicorn/alicorn

Oh wow, what an original choice. I bet it's really hard to write a character that can use magic to solve any and every problem ever. Totally not the most overpowered pony races with an oversaturated number of OCs/ponysonas.

>>30781375
Earth ponies are more interesting as characters. Pegasi culture is "durr hurr we're athletes, we live in the clouds and control the weather" and no other interesting traits that are exclusive to them. Unicorns are almost like earth ponies but instead of being relatable they use magic, and because of this they're snobs like OP.

Not even touching alicorns, that shit is mary sue territory.
>>
>>30787551
Say, was Faust actually working on the show when she confirmed this?
>>
>>30787676
This was back regarding Boast Busters.
It's not solid proof since it's "only" word of god and hasn't happened in the aired final cut of the show, but on the other hand there's nothing in the show even remotely suggesting Trixie isn't exceptional.
>>
>>30787670
It's like you don't even watch the show.
>>
>>30787703
Except the fact that she's not really good at anything more than basic magic tricks. I think she'd have the skill, but not the education.
>>
>>30787663
>even in those that were purely about strentgh she didn't have some gigantic advantag

She broke the machine and kicked a football into high orbit, what do you mean she didn't have a gigantic advantage? Sure, she lost the arm wrestle, but clearly that was just a fault, because she won the tug of war later. The only challenges she lost were endurance based, in which she lost by a couple of seconds, or speed based, which is Dash's specialty.

I still affirm that Applejack is clearly stronger than Rainbow, and is as endurant as a pegasi that's trained for endurance their whole life. Sure, she's been working her whole life, but she's still equal to Rainbow endurance wise anyway. Hell, running of the leaves proved this even if we don't take the Iron Pony contest into account.
>>
>>30787728
Basic magic tricks as you describe them are very exceptional in MLP:FiM, most unicorns only know one or two spells related to their talent, Trixie probably has over a dozen.
>>
For the people claiming Earth ponies have some magical advantage when it comes to strength and stamina, consider running of the leaves.

In it, Applejack disallowed Rainbow Dash from using her natural advantage, while, according to you, maintained her own. If earth ponies have magic strength, keeping hers would give Applejack an unfair advantage.
Are you seriously suggesting Applejack cheated?
>>
>>30787737
Remember that Applejack is Ponyville's top athlete in Dash's own words, and that she won a fuckton of 2nd places in the rodeo. Applejack has also trained for athletics her whole life. Or the bit of it that matters at least. Dash didn't even discover her joy of Going Fast until she earned her cutie mark.
>>
>>30787767
The argument is about who has more endurance. Applejack has more of an advantage here, yes, but it isn't 'cheating.' Dash using her wings doesn't give her more or less endurance, it just makes her faster. It's a null factor. If it was an argument about who was faster, then yes, obviously not allowing Dash to fly puts her at a disadvantage, because she would naturally be faster. Whether or not Dash flies though, she has the same amount of endurance, so to make it easier, she might as well run.
>>
>>30787737

AJ decidedly won only events that measured strength of her hind legs while Rainbow won those about speed.
Dash won when they used their front legs and while event demanded usage of other muscles they were almost equal (tossing bale of hay).
AJ was kicking trees her whole life while RD spends almost all her time not using her legs at all.

Aj doesn't have any big advantage even in pure strength, if theory about earth ponies having some magicall strentgh was true she should declass Dash in most of events.
>>30787773
And as Anon said, AJ isn't some random farmer but athlete too.

Only real earth pony advantages over other types of ponies that is 100% confirmed is their ability to help plants grow faster (but they aren't only one that can grow plants, they have it easier) and whatever they have on their cutie mark.
>>
>>30787790
I agree with you, I don't think Earthies have a magical strength, earth pony magic is about making plants grow.
But some people really do believe earth pomies are naturally stronger/tougher than non-earths, and those are the people I'm adressing
>>
>>30787863
>>30787874
Ah, I guess you're right. I'll concede.
>>
>>30787863
Regarding plant growth, I'd argue the earth pony ability to grow plants is fucking massive. Places that don't have earth ponies are almost always barren. Like Grffonstone, Badlands, and the area surrounding Appleloosa. Non-ponies live in almost desert-like areas while every plqce that has one earth ponies (prime example being Appleloosa) bring in a bountiful harvest.
>>
>>30787888
Their ability to grow plants is important but that doesn't mean that they are only one that can do it.
We have othr races in the show, we have zebras, minotaurs, those weird cat people now, even in the case of griphons if their whole country looked like Griffonstone they would be all dead, they need to have some kind of agriculture. And we saw non earth ponies with plant related cutie marks.
I would also argue that if pegasi and unicorns needed they would be capable of creating working agriculture, with control over weather and magic. (Heck, put some soil on clouds and you have fucking floating farms, though it would be probably really expensive).

Earth pony ability to grow food starts to shine when you look at them as a whole group, but when you campare one earth pony to one pegasi or unicorn ability to grow plants vs flying/magic doesn't look that good.
>>
>>30787913
It's a fantasy show, and while I'm sure the griffon empire has better places than Griffonstone (on a lower altitude, for example) for natural growth, I don't think it'll be anywhere even close to what we consider fertile lands or what earth ponies produce.

Consider just how many races that have developed to sustain themselves on things beside plants and meat.
Changelings feed on love, breezies migrate and gather magical pollen from Equestria to feed themselves, dragons and diamond dogs eat gems, etc.
Basically you have 3 options. Be a pony, struggle to feed yourself, or subsist on something that isn't organically grown.
Or I guess be dangerous or witty enough that you can survive in places like the Everfree, with it's rampant magic and ecosystem where the plants that do ecist are as likely to eat you as you are them.
>>
>>30787935
We have whole civilizations that survive without earth ponies. Zebras, minotaurs, griphons, cat people. It's true that earth ponies stop Equestria from many problems that plagued medieval countries. They don't need to fear that weather is bad one year so they would starve. They don't need to control their population in the fear of widespread starvation.
But other civilizations don't have earth ponies and survive. While they are helpfull they aren't esentiall to survival of a country. And their lack doesn't mean that you will just live on the verge af niedożywienie you whole life. It's true that other countires probably have bigger percentage of population working in agriculture to sustain themselves, but that's about all they need to do. If they have bad yields they can just buy food from equestria.
>>
>>30787987
Different guy.
Zebra's are probably tribal and survive through foraging in an Everfree like environment, and we've only seen one minotaur, so I'm not convinced they have a civilization.
The other two are good points, but I want to point out that both of those civilizations are third world. It really seems like Earth Pony magic is the only reason that Equestria can really thrive like it does.
>>
>>30780178

See thread >>30775060 you chinless wonder.
>>
>>30787994
It's true magic as a whole makes Equestria thrive.
But there are other countries that don't have earth ponies and they exist.
There are also cat people, maybe comics aren't canon, but we saw working civilization there.
And griphons even if their city was in despair still need to eat. If they didn't have some source of food they wouldn't be able to live tegether in town. So even if without earth ponies it's harder to live it doesn't mean that it's impossible.
>>
>>30787994
Griffons probably get most of their food by hunting considering the cat and eagle portions, and cat people probably trade for stuff

That's not to say no one else can grow stuff, just that Earth Ponies are more efficient at it.
>>
>>30788022
This is a show discussion thread, not memefaggotry.
>>
>>30780178
IDK why you'd wanna be a pony at all. I mean flying as a Pegasus or magic as a unicorn would be different, but at the end of the day I wanna stay human
>>
>>30788120
They wouldn't be able to create civilization if their major food source was hunting. They would need to constantly move from place to place after animals. Working agriculture is essential if they are capable of creating cities.
>>
>>30788169
Did Griffonstone look like a city to you? I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it were the only gathering place of Griffins in the entire world, their homes were that dilapidated.

I see your point though, they might have limited agriculture and that would be enough since it was implicitly stated that Griffins are rare back in season 1.
>>
>>30788164
Special Snowflake detected.
>>
>>30780178
>Anons go to Ponyville as their favorite race
>They start to argue over which one is better
>They start to hate the other races
>Windigos revive and Ponyville is now a fucking ice rink
I'd read that
>>
>>30788187
Faggot detected
>>
>>30780178
Earth Ponies cover the overarching theme of "strength," and I believe that covers inner strength. An Earth Pony is someone who doesn't need flashy wings or a horn, and would never need them, because they have depth of character and inner resilience that others lack.

I value that more than I can say. I have a surface personality more befitting a pretty sparkly unicorn, but I would not even hesitate to pick Earth Pony if I had the chance.
>>
>>30788205
Explain.
>>
>>30788214
What on earth are you talking about? Which episode is this mentioned in? The show seems to closer depict the opposite, with Dash and maybe Rarity as the characters with the greatest inner depth and resilience, and Pinkie Pie having the most shallow surface personality.
>>
File: 1502967434817.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1502967434817.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>30780693
>Okay anon, you can have a bright red truck with a V10 engine, a purring sleek black two-seater roadster, or a small silver hatchback that doesn't make you look like a complete faggot, which one do you like the most?
>I think I'll pick the hatchback
>"LMAO VIRTUE SIGNALLING HIPSTER FAGGOT HOPE YOU CATCH AIDS"
>>
>>30783763
>When you need such delusions to fall asleep at night
>>
File: 1502781205308.png (115KB, 246x238px) Image search: [Google]
1502781205308.png
115KB, 246x238px
>>30780200
>>30780212
>>30780393
t. assblasted unicornfags
>>
>>30788187
Negro, hands>>>hooves no matter how many fancy powers you have. If anything, I'd choose to be a magical human instead of walking on four legs like an animal
>>
>>30788540

How? Hooves are every bit as dextrous as hands.
>>
>>30788214
This is outright wrong and proves that you don't even watch the show. Earth Ponies are 'industrious', they're adept at growing things and can use their magic to do it in literal seconds. Other uses seem to include doing things with minerals, like most of the Pie family and more obscure is their industrious nature in the literal sense, for example, the Apple family constructing an entire barn in an afternoon.

While it's true that Unicorns can do all of these things, they need a talent relating to the task for their magic to work properly, the only reason Twilight and certain others can seemingly do everything is because their talents are 'magic' rather than something task related. Pegasi just have weather and flying related stuff. So essentially, the Earth Ponies have the most practically useful innate magic of the three tribes.
>>
>>30788586
Well for one there's not a single person on /mlp/ that was born with hooves. If nothing else it would take zero adjustment to a new body if you plopped in as a human.
>>
>>30788234
You wanna be a gay-ass pony instead of being a human. Or even a dragon for that matter. At least make things interesting. I am happy being human be it here or any other dimension
>>
>>30789645
Faggot detected.
>>
>>30789689
You eat a lot of penis
>>
>>30780178
id rather be a griffon
I can fly and I have hands, It's like being an alicorn
>>
>>30788190
>Anon's team up to get rid of the Windigos
>Not through friendship, fuck that what do they look like to you, faggots?
>Divert their autistic race hate towards the Windigos
>Make the Windigos feel self-conscious
>Windigos run from the concentrated autism and the Anons go back to reeeing amongst themselves
>>
File: 133436582479.png (224KB, 635x900px) Image search: [Google]
133436582479.png
224KB, 635x900px
>You'll never laze about on a cloud overlooking your town after a days work sorting out the weather.
>>
File: 1499916381815.jpg (119KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1499916381815.jpg
119KB, 500x378px
>>30784680
Romania is just a worse version of Bulgaria. We're going to unmake Trianon now that you're happy with the r-word. We were the original horsefuckers even though we and others can only prove we came from Babylonia.

tl;dr - we like you guys from the other side of the wall :^).
>>
File: 1491250801395.png (32KB, 313x345px) Image search: [Google]
1491250801395.png
32KB, 313x345px
>>30790898
If i werent on the phone id post some of my anti hun memes,but as i cannot i ll just post how i feel right now
Also,dont compare us to bulgaria,moldova is a worse version of that
>>
>>30784471
>>30784571
I really doubt bat ponies are as bad as Romanians. Luna wouldn't employ them if they were anything of your sort.
>>
>>30791029
>what are romanian doctors
>or romanian engineers
>or romanian actors
wew
But anyhow,do you think moonie just hires ANY batpony?
Only the best make her guard
>>
>>30791045
>what are romanian doctors
>or romanian engineers
>or romanian actors
Things that appear in a fever dream.
>>
>>30791045
They were all secretly Hungarian.
Except Vlad. He was a Jew.
Anyatok.
>>
File: large (3).png (702KB, 1155x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large (3).png
702KB, 1155x1024px
Only reason to be a Earth pony is to be able to breed with another Earth pony. But I'd rather choose Pegasus, so I can fly around.

Would still have a Earth pony waifu though.
>>
File: Press In Case Of Degeneracy.gif (916KB, 2700x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Press In Case Of Degeneracy.gif
916KB, 2700x2000px
>>30792631
>I'd rather choose Pegasus
>Would still have a Earth pony waifu though
>>
File: STRIPED.png (206KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
STRIPED.png
206KB, 1024x1024px
>>30792651
>implying Aryanne wouldn't want to breed with other races
>>
>>30792721
Don't be gross.
>>
>>30788341
Get a diesel and roll coal on pussy Prius drivers. Fuck the enviroeweenies.
>>
>>30792721
Aryanne loves zebras
>>
>>30792721
Degenerate.
>>
>>30792721
ziggerxucks need to kill their wifes son, then themselves.
>>
I didn't choose the Earth Pony life.
Earth Pony life chose me.
>>
File: a fucking face.png (21KB, 353x364px) Image search: [Google]
a fucking face.png
21KB, 353x364px
>>30787196
fucking kek
>>
File: 1316620037544.jpg (68KB, 948x606px) Image search: [Google]
1316620037544.jpg
68KB, 948x606px
>>30784017
This guy gets it
>>
>>30781574
I just realised there's a pony in that shop window. Why is there a pony in Abyssinia?
>>
>>30795066
It's an Observer, anon, come on.
>>
>>30795111
Cheers. I don't read the comics regularly.
>>
>>30795111
>Observer
Alternate reality/Future equinity plot arc when?
>>
Being an Earthpony gives you the confidence that without you, everything would fall to shit, everything needs to eat, and your core purpose is to cultivate and make food. You are the base of what is needed in society.
>>
>>30795370
>being peasant gives you the confidence that without you, everything would fall to shit
still it's a lot better to not be peasant
>>
>>30795390
Equestria is meritocratic, not aristocratic. "Peasent" isn't a concept that makes sense in the world, because as a meritocracy (earth pony) farmer is a highly respected and honored job. Applejack is a pillar of her community as seen in for example Applebuck Season.
>>
>>30795505
I know that isn't ideal analogy, but it illustrate spirit of previous statement.
You can have ability to fly, or to have magic, but thing that makes you decide to abandon it is "confidence that without you, everything would fall to shit".
Which is false, you alone don't make difference, eveything would fall to shit if every earth pony disappeared, but thread isn't about every earth pony, it's about you and you alone
>>
>>30795527
How about "everything in your immediate surrounding would fall to shit"?
Earth pony is the secure choice, you'll always have a job, a home, and a place to settle no matter what. The "family man" choice.
You're not bound by the fickle moods of the fashion industry or the fear of athletic failure. You'll always be able to fend for yourself and your own.
>>
>>30795673
Literally how?
Being earth pony isn't different in their society than being pegasus/unicorn. You're defined by your talent and character, not your race. We saw more earth ponies not working at farms than being farmers.
What you menioned isn't in any way linked to your race but to who you are as a person/pony.
That Apples are a big family and close together doesn't mean that earth ponies are suddenly "family ponies". It just means that Apples are family ponies.
Everything in you surronding would fall to shit if you are important for community, not if you are earth pony.
>>
>>30795704
If you're an earth pony, people generally take for granted you'll be a farmer. Stereotypical I know.
>>
>>30795763
True, their innate magic helps them grow plants. But we saw more earth ponies doing other jobs than working fields. And we saw non earth ponies farming. When you have magic you don't really need 1/3 of your population working in agriculture.
Also I don't know about you, but I'm living on the farm, I don't really fancy idea of going to ponyland and ending in same shit again. And while they have magic their work is harder than ours. They don't have machnies or beasts of burden, they just need to use thir own muscles.
You can add some fancy ideology, talk about "honest farm work" but in the end I don't know how many people would choose such life over other available options.
>>
>>30780192
This 100%
There is nothing wrong with enjoying the simpler things in life
>>
>>30795850
Yeah, it's not a very popular choice.

Myself I'm still leaning more towards pegasus, five years ago it wouldn't even have been a competition, and I'd have picked pegasus without a doubt.
I used to be highly ambitious, but then I had a burnout and felt I had to change profession to survive.
Now I hold a steady job with physical labor and a solid enough paycheck that I know isn't going anywhere. I can honestly say I haven't felt this mentally good in years. I have a piece of mind I could never afford before, and instead of feeling mentally drained when I come home from work my head is fully relaxed and I can focus my free time on my hobbies and interests. I don't even need to waste my free time exercising any more, my job keeps me in the best shape I've ever been.

Appreciation for "honest farm work" is something I think has to come with age, but it's definitely not going to be something for everyone.
Thread posts: 284
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.