[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When are we going to get defining character scenes as good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 12

When are we going to get defining character scenes as good as this again?
>>
Whatever happened to her?
>>
>>30752534
this would be done with some weird unicorn laser battle now
>>
File: a big guy.jpg (112KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
a big guy.jpg
112KB, 720x960px
HELLO THIS IS JIM
THE CHARACTERS DONT HAVE TO BE GOOD BECAUSE THE SHOW IS FOR LITTLE GIRLS SO STOP COMPLAINING. BUT MAKE SURE TO LEAVE POSITIVE FEEDBACK
>>
File: 1242942424.jpg (34KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1242942424.jpg
34KB, 1280x720px
They tried to mimick this scene with the Cerberus in It's About Time S2E21. In that episode Twilight was sticking out her tongue while casting a spell, Fluttershy interrupted her spell. The cerberus looked and acted like a drooling idiot. Things like "Tartarus and Cerberus" were mentioned just to sound cool for the sake of it.
>>
File: PEPETHUR.gif (1MB, 400x560px) Image search: [Google]
PEPETHUR.gif
1MB, 400x560px
>>30752552
"Call your boss right now. I don't talk to worms like you. Ah hello Mr Vogel. How's the 6 year sabotage going? Have you screwed the movie in the ass enough to be a complete fail like Jim and the Holograms? oops I meant Jem."
>>
File: croco kek.gif (422KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
croco kek.gif
422KB, 500x281px
>>30752562
>Have you screwed the movie in the ass enough to be a complete fail like Jim and the Holograms?
>>
>>30752534
>Season 1 scene
>Good
>>
>>30752534
worst episode ever, fuck you for liking this
>>
>>30752600
>being unable to recognize good animation
symptom of autism
>>
>>30752649
>being reddit
>>
>>30752683
go back your loudhouse threads in /trash/ you pleb
>>
File: n gim.jpg (250KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
n gim.jpg
250KB, 720x960px
>>30752552
>>
>>30752683
>calling others reddit
We meet again, newfag.
>>
File: ce3.jpg (32KB, 600x619px) Image search: [Google]
ce3.jpg
32KB, 600x619px
>>30752900
fuck
>>
>>30752534
When another competent creative vision gets at the helm of the toy commercial, which is never.
>>
>>30752538
She continued living in the cave, and bitch-slapped Tempest
>>
>>30752534
HEY AMERICA WAKE UP
>>
>>30752534
>show boasters scene
>good
>season 1
>good character defining moments
Sleepless in Ponyville had a pretty great character defining moment with Dash+Scoots and the end of Flight to the Finish for Scoots as well; these two episodes are what separated Scootaloo beyond a simple rainbow dash clone who was more obsessive, rather was someone filled with fear/insecurities who felt the need to put on a facade and this would set the stage for her future development.

There was also the end of brotherhoof social for big mac + apple bloom, extending big macs character past the silent male trope and showing that apple bloom could look past embarrassment for the well being of her brother, something she struggled with in the past.

There were also episodes where that helped to define the CMC as a whole, such as Fault of my Cutie Mark, which really was filled with character defining moments as it showed how much the CMC have grown since season one, showing they finally understand what cutie marks are really meant for (it does this a lot better than crusades of the lost mark does).

I could go on about the CMC or Sweetie Belle, but I think the main point here is that most of the best character defining moments are CMC related.
>>
>>30753441
>Tempest got her Horn broken directly as a result of twilight's actions
>>
>>30755335
>Sleepless in Ponyville had a pretty great character defining moment with Dash+Scoots and the end of Flight to the Finish for Scoots as well
>CMC got better. Despite the fact Sweetie Belle can longer sing worth a damn.
>>
>>30755386
can no longer sing*
>>
>>30755386
Before Sleepless in Ponyville, how did Scootaloo differ from Rainbow Dash besides from being more obsessive?

Sweetie Belle can still sing, it just isn't that important to her character and that is really the idea that is important for all of the CMC (and what makes them work better than the mane 6); their talents don't define them, their characters do. What is more important are concepts like Sweetie Belle wanting to stand out from her sister and is willing to hurt her sister when she can't or the CMC realizing just how meaningless their crusades were and decided to do things they thought were interesting in On Your Mark.

CMC episodes are filled with character defining moments. I can barely think of any for the mane 6.
>>
File: 8657744545.png (703KB, 1319x920px) Image search: [Google]
8657744545.png
703KB, 1319x920px
>>30752552
>>
>>30752534
This was the single best showcase of magic in the show. I'm sad that they took a different direction with it later on.
>>
>>30755756
The fact that she can milk an entire cow barn from distance is still stuck in my mind
>>
>>30752534
you mean scenes that show off what a mary sue twilight is? ^:)
>>
File: 5678564545.gif (2MB, 254x196px) Image search: [Google]
5678564545.gif
2MB, 254x196px
>>30755818
>>
>>30755756
>Minor Control Elements: Wind
>Telekinesis
It wasn't super fascinating, but it would be nice to see someone push themselves that far again.
>>
>>30756301
Each of the six got super powers in Season 1; Fluttershy had the stare, pinkie had Psychic pinkie sense, dash got the sonic rainboom, twilight was shown to be super powerful at magic... its just the writers completely threw that out after Faust left and only focused on twilight's abilities.

If pinkie's pinkie sense had continued on a power creep level like Twilight's was, she'd basically be omnisciently psychic by this point.
>>
>>30752538
She is neck yourselfed by fluttershy
>>
>>30752534
Today.
>>
>>30756374
i noticed you left you rarity and applejack
>>
>>30756482
Applejack is like aquaman, only with apples. And just as shitty.
>>
>>30756363
Yeah, I don't mean the most powerful or most complicated. But the magical effect of layered spells, Twilight visibly straining herself, all that. The magic maybe wasn't very powerful, but it felt powerful.
>>
>>30752534
>When are we going to get defining character scenes as good as this again?

When we finally get a new direction team for the series and not a day before.
>>
>>30752534
Equestria girls series.

They're going to do something for each of the mane six as an establish character episode for what their abilities limits entail by having a villain tailored for each of them show up, the other 6 get worfed, and then that single character magical girl transform and solo it to shill them in that episode.
>>
>>30752534
Never
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.