[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You get to Equestria, but you can't understand any form

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_3410.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3410.png
2MB, 1334x750px
You get to Equestria, but you can't understand any form of communication. How do you prove your intelligence?
>>
File: anon dance.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
anon dance.gif
1MB, 400x400px
>>30751175
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Abk1jAONjw
>>
>>30751175
>Can clearly form advanced vocal and written parents, just ones that aren't understood by pones
>Wear clothing, imply level of sentience
There, that easy
>>
>>30751175
i tip my fedora.
>>
>>30751175
Probably just start drawing out mathematical equations that make sense regardless of language. Simple things like Pythagoras Theorem. Maybe more complex ones if that doesn't prove it. Once my intelligence is established, it's just a simple case of learning the language next.
>>
>>30751175
I read about this once. Apparently you just need to draw a right-angled triangle and indicate that the longest side is the length of the two other sides.

That apparently conveys a deep understanding of geometry, the sort of which only an advanced species with a grasp on mathematics can convey.

Or you an just do that >>30751201
Ponies aren't all that advanced themselves, you could probably just do that optical illusion where it looks like you're pulling your thumb off and they'll think you're Jesus or something.
>>
>>30751208
>the longest side is the length of the two other sides
Would you like to try that again?
>>
>>30751175
copy them.
>>
>>30751228
Go easy on him. He's not part of an advanced species.
>>
>>30751228
Dude, I don't know geometry, I'm not Jesus.
>>
File: 1489051324698.gif (352KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1489051324698.gif
352KB, 600x450px
>>30751208
>the longest side is the length of the two other sides

my sides
>>
>>30751175
Music.
I'd bust out my flute and play something emotional.
>>
>>30751261
a2 * b2 = c2
>>
>>30751208
Don't even need to draw it, just hold one arm 0°'s above your head and the other 90° to your side
>>
>>30751279
>squared alt code symbols turn into regular numbers
thanks an hiro.1
>>
>>30751243
>Decide to impress your waifu with your knowledge of mathematics
>Grab a stick and start writing out complex equations in the dirt
>accidentally forget to carry the one and your answer is wildly off
>Your waifu thinks your attempts to mimic smarter beings with your sub-pony intelligence is kind of cute and decides to keep you as a pet
>>
>>30751261
a^2 + b^2 = c^2, one of the most well know equations around the world, if you end up in another dimension that seems to have the same mathematical laws as ours this equation will prove your intelligence, that and knowing pie to the 5th decimal and knowing how to use it to get the area of a circle
>>30751279
kek
>>
File: 123431241234.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
123431241234.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>30751281
Forgot pic
>>
>>30751283
everything turned out better than expected. how long until fluttershy commits the bestialities with you in secret?
>>
>>30751283
>Get free shelter and food and get to be with your waifu and the only thing you have to do is look cute
Where's the downside?
>>
>>30751313
She won't sex you
>>
>>30751325
So it's really no different than my current lifestyle outside of no stress from the job hunt in which most my choices are either borderline impossible to get or painful, stressful careers that would make 25-30 year of my life an absolute misery before retirement
>>
Don't act like a scared animal

Draw a 3, 4, 5 right triangle

Find something written in a billboard or a book or a paper or whatever and just copy it to somewhere else

It shouldn't be that hard
>>
>>30751351
Hell, just try speaking to her
Humans and pones seem to have about the same level of average intelligence, if we attempt to communicate they'll likely assume we're some mysterious creature from a very distant land where a language other than Equestrian is spoken.
>>
am i the only one that would find it amusing to act like a simple animal and follow them around acting innocent?
>>
>>30751375
This, I know that if a strange clothed creature approached me making a variety of sounds and being emotive, I would probably assume it was fairly intelligent.
>>
>>30751381
It'd probably be fun for a while, but afterwards it'd probably get boring. Afterwards it'd probably be difficult to convince ponies you were intelligent too, because they could just explain it away as you imitating them or something.
>>
>>30751388
Or a body snatcher
>>
>>30751393
How... its a world were it seems they have hundreds of intelligent creatures. Minotars, griffons, changelings, zebras, diamond dogs, dragons, fairys, centaurs... and just look at the movie trailer, like another 10 entire species right there off the bat.

They would 100% think your another creature from a land they've never seen before. Same as 1000 others. What would be hard is proving your from another planet entirely and not just a unexplored part of theirs, which there seems alot of.
>>
>>30751393
>"Honey, that creature Twilight brought with her is watching us."
>"Just ignore him Cadance. She said he's not much smarter than a dog."
>"If you say so."
>...
>"He's just staring so much though. I think he knows what we're doing."
>"Probably, but most animals would. C'mon, I'm almost there."
>"Ah! Ah! Shining!"
>"Cadance!"
>"Oh. Oh, wow. Uh."
>"What?"
>"I don't want to sound weird, but his staring kind of."
>"It what?"
>"It just felt a little more, I don't know. Kinky?"
>>
>>30751175
It depends on how big I am in comparison. If I'm gigantic (conpared to them), they'll see me as a spawn of Tartarus and defeat me quickly. If I'm the size of a bug, they'll quickly ignore me (the best would probably be Fluttershy noticing me and keeping me as a pet in her garden). If I'm relatively close to their size, they'll most likely see me as friendly as long as I don't do anything violent or rude.
>>
Assuming you have no clothes or anything from earth, like other anons said math is best. Write lines in the dirt or something and connect them to Arabic numerals to try to explain how our numbers work. Right triangle geometry, prime numbers and the concept of zero would be more than enough. They might think I'm still dumb since I'm shit at math beyond the basics but at least they wouldn't think I'm an animal.

If all else fails then communicate through the language of DANCE.
>>
>>30751631
>communicate through the language of DANCE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuKft9LpL_0
>>
A really sure thing would be a list of the first few prime numbers, be it by placing down a series of pebbles, sticks, making repeating lines in the dirt, etc.
>>
File: speciumray.jpg (170KB, 677x461px) Image search: [Google]
speciumray.jpg
170KB, 677x461px
>>30751289
Okay, I think I got this
>be anon inna questria
>it's pretty great
>except the horses all talk in snorts and whinnies
>seriously tho, what did you expect?
>not horse math, apparently
>but today, today will be different
>see, you remembered what your old uncle Incognito used to say
>"Annie-boy, if you ever run into an advanced species of aliens who you can't communicate with, just show'em the right angle with your arms."
>"Then they'll know your not a brainlet."
>this was before the government suits came and took your Uncle away, but it's not necessarily a bad idea
>even if 'Nito was purchasing excessive amounts of fertilizer
>in any case, here comes Purple-er, Twilight Sparkle
>she gives a few snorts to Spike, who starts taking notes as Twilight marches around your cage
>eventually, she says some horsey humor, because the dragon starts his goonish chuckle
>whatever, time to make your move
>you clear your throat, causing both to jump
>staring intently at Twilight, you hear your Uncle's words clearly, and raise your arms into an L-shape
>it feels weird
>really weird
>like, a distant humming
>maybe you're not supposed to cross at the wrists but...
>>
>>30751763
>too late
>a beam of light erupts from your arms and blasts the cage to bits
>Twilight and Spike stand in awe, as do you, at the immense power
>the perils of being Ultraman in Equestria
>>
File: 1466694374693.jpg (74KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1466694374693.jpg
74KB, 480x640px
>>30751763
>>30751767
>attempt to prove your intelligence through basic math
>fuck up the diagrams making yourself look like a brainlet
>fucked up diagrams glow and shoot motherfucking magic
>mfw drawing doodles makes you a wizard
>>
>>30751631
>If all else fails then communicate through the language of DANCE.

I have this mental image of Anon trying to communicate with the poners through the waggle-dance of bees.
>>
>>30751175
Walk up to Twilight, maintain eye contact, and give her a firm handshake.
>>
>>30751175
I communicate with the ponies using my body
>>
File: handshakedadoffice.png (2MB, 928x653px) Image search: [Google]
handshakedadoffice.png
2MB, 928x653px
>>30751991
Listen son, I didn't raise a quitter. If you want those ponies to think you're an intelligent being, you're going to have to earn it. You kids have it so easy these days. When I was a kid, I had to trek through the windigos because my pegasus chariot broke down. Princess Celestia immediately dropped what she was doing, gave ma a firm hoofshake and granted me intelligent species status as soon as I arrived. What you need to do is get up, put your best suit on, look Twilight straight in the eye, give her a firm hoofshake and tell her you want to be recognized as a sapient species under the Equestrian constitution. You've got this son, I know you'll do well.
>>
File: 1427286869923.jpg (69KB, 497x732px) Image search: [Google]
1427286869923.jpg
69KB, 497x732px
>>30752077
STOP
>>
>>30752077
>>30752145
what shitty reddit meme is this?
>>
File: 1458504132002.png (255KB, 2568x2216px) Image search: [Google]
1458504132002.png
255KB, 2568x2216px
>>30752160
>reddit meme
I hope this is bait.
>>
>>30751388
Then you would get killed by it. You probably don't even own a shotgun. You're a fucking pussy.
>>
Why do I have to prove it in the first place?
>>
>>30752162
/b/ /pol/ and /r9k/ all count as reddit nowadays, if that's where it's from
>>
>>30752169
It's from /r9k/

>all count as reddit nowadays
I know what you mean. I hate how our site has been normalized for normals to come in and act like they fucking own it. At least this board is niche enough to have stayed relatively the same throughout.
>>
>>30752174
/mlp/ was never a real board.
>>
Everyones talking about right angle triangles and the longest side, why dontyou just draw an equilateral triangle but in the shape of a right angle?
>>
>>30752182
Holy fuck ignore this i fucked up. Just use sticks and make shapes, like a house, food, pretend to shiver. You could also start a fire
>>
Show them ((2^2+1)/(2^2-1))((3^2+1)/(3^2-1))((5^2+1)/(5^2-1))((7^2+1)/(7^2-1))((11^2+1)/(11^2-1))((13^2+1)/(13^2-1))...=5/2.
>>
>>30752232
Or, better yet, prove to them that the sum of all positive intergers is -1/12
>>
>>30751194
This, interpretive dance.
>>
>>30752488
ζ(-1)=-1/12 but the Dirichlet series for ζ(s) only converges for complex s with real part greater than 1. However, ζ(s) can be extended through analytic continuation to yield a contour integral definition that is valid for all complex s≠1. This integral representation leads to the functional equation.
>>
File: 1429632144030.png (142KB, 1191x2320px) Image search: [Google]
1429632144030.png
142KB, 1191x2320px
>>30751175
>>
>>30751175
Depends on how you got there and what you have with you.

If you punched a hole through their world and crossed over, I think that by far is the most impressive feat for intelligence. Thing of ExtraTerrestial Visitors on earth, if you crossed thousands, millions, billions of light years just to visit earth, you obviously know something even if you face a language barrier.

If they suddenly used magic and brought a "specimen" back from an extra dimensional world, well now you have to prove that you understand complex things, and that is working through a language barrier. Equestria has technology similar to ours in the 18th-19th centuries with some exceptions.

Writing out the entire alphabet, drawing pictures and then writing words associated with them can be the thing that bridges the gap between your language. You are the Rosetta Stone.
>>
The problem seems two-fold to me, as even if you could demonstrate your own intelligence, how could you get them to interpret it?
>>
You'd be a fool to try to establish your intelligence based on any Earth-based science or math. You just ended up in a new, magical world; there's no reason to assume any of it is the same, unless you happen to remember exact details from canon that prove something still works.

Instead, approach this from a personal angle. Draw pictures of the ponies' interests in the dirt. Anyone can handle sketching a book, dress, or balloons with cake. Once you've got their attention, they'll probably bare with you as you struggle to draw out more complicated things, like depictions of their greatest battles.

As soon as you've established that you know plenty about them, they'll make the effort to find out HOW you know, and then they'll just magic you into speaking Pony.
>>
By singing a song. Anyone that sings a song in Equestria is going to prove themselves worthy.
>>
>>30753160
>unless you happen to remember exact details from canon that prove something still works.

OP's pic tells us that calculus and special relativity still work there.
>>
>>30751874

Fluttershy: "Did he just call Twilight a bitch?"
*wiggle waggle*
"Nope, just a faggot. Why does he think Twilight's a stick?"
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.