[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just watched the new episode Holy shit this is beautiful They're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 26

File: qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq.png (1MB, 1280x681px) Image search: [Google]
qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq.png
1MB, 1280x681px
Just watched the new episode
Holy shit this is beautiful
They're just shitting on the fandom
10/10 this show continues to deliver.
>>
>>30731921
-10/10 op continues to be a faggot!
>>
>>30731921
I like it, 9/10.

I dont want more than 1 episode every 2 seasons with this level of meta and fandom references though.

Most seem to be complaining that they decided fuck criticism in the end, but the diffidence was that the book was real life in the show, they cant write it better or some shit, its not the same as saying the show is fine and the writers should not improve.

massive increase in
>LOL HAHA XDXD salt! mlpfags BTFO!
in response to anyone who didnt like it is fucking annoying as hell though
>>
File: 1502602487146.jpg (14KB, 406x400px) Image search: [Google]
1502602487146.jpg
14KB, 406x400px
ITT
salty fags who get mad at Hasbro shitting on them

ITT
shiteating cucks who accept it

ITT
retarded ignorant cucks who think that the message doesn't also apply to them and think it's just "other bronies" who were shat on
>>
File: 12.jpg (55KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
55KB, 1000x1000px
>>30731921
So is the show worth going back too?

Been a fan since /co/ days and lost interest after twilicorn and dropped it 2 episodes away from the season 4 finale.
>>
>>30732268
And who are you then, anon?
>>
>>30732271
S5 was spectacular with Larson at the helm
>>
File: 1449254118208.gif (475KB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
1449254118208.gif
475KB, 400x306px
gimmie a rundown on this episode i stopped watching at like season 5
>>
>>30732271
You might want to have someone trustworthy enough (and with a good taste too) to make you a list of episodes that doesn't suck. About 2-15 a season, I guess.
>>
>>30732283
Hasbro still abuses old memes about Twilicorn. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>30732258
It did not even make sense, when did the fans ever said they wanted retard clown Pinkie? Twilight already had wings when she started the journal. None of Fluttershy lessons in the diary are about being not shy. They did not even try, the song did not even make sense, the synopsis was a lie. At least the Daring Do episode had something!
>>
File: Big Sister Best Friend Forever.png (2MB, 1276x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Big Sister Best Friend Forever.png
2MB, 1276x1000px
>>30732280
I do love Larson.

>>30732285
I'll have to look into that, but nothing will bring back my love for the show, I love mythological themes and having only 2 alicorns played into that for me.
>>
File: agree.gif (203KB, 362x360px) Image search: [Google]
agree.gif
203KB, 362x360px
>>30732258
>>
>>30732292
You are kinda wrong about everything. Since Twiggles got wings, she started SHARING her jornal.
And Shy's lessons were actually about growing some balls.
And autistic Pinkie is mostly about how her character degraded over the years, losing its depth.
>>
>>30731921
ah, the good times when a guy judge an episode from story and characterization and not "oh, i like this why i hate the fandom".
>>
>>30731921
Eh, I didn't like cheesy ending and song also felt kinda out of place. It was 8/10 for me
>>
I only have 2 problems with the ep
>no spike, instead glimmer
>song did nothing and instead glimmer saved the day

first one could be because the VA was off, so i can forgive it, second one annoyed me. I would have preferred an ending where after the song the fans were a bit more accepting and nice about it. they could still have showed the fillies at the end that glimmer brought too, maybe in front of the other ponies and not behind closed doors.
>>
>>30732292
The synopis was a lie but I remember one retard before the episode air claiming it was a lie because glimmer was in the episode.
>>
>>30732650
>song did nothing and instead glimmer saved the day
It wasn't really glimmer, she just presented the thing that saved the day, also I loved that part.
No spike was fucking bullshit though.
>>
>>30732674
I liked it too, but they way they presented it was
>glimmer has a plan
>m6 try and save the day on their own
>fail
>glimmer comes back and saves m6

even just removing the part where glimmer teleports away to fix it right before the song would have improved it by makeing it seem like the fillies showed up at the castle because they wanted too meet twilight and not because glimmer went and got them saying 'hay, you 2, go tell twilight you like her book'.
>>
>>30732654
The song and synopsis apparently fit the ORIGINAL script for the episode that Larson wrote years ago. The script was "updated" to replace Spike with Glimmer and change "fans arguing over lessons" to "petty meta commentary that has nothing to do with the lessons"
>>
>>30732650
>song did nothing
I found that bit hilarious.
>>
>>30732696
That actually was good. Since all that talk-the-baddies-out-of-mischief-doing was becoming tiresome.
Also this is the second song that didn't help/proved to be harmful, which is cool.
>>
I think i must have missed the parts where they shit on the fandom desu.
>>
>>30731921

that stallion in the green tie is sexy. Very colour-coordinated.
>>
The Quibble Pants episode was way better. Also you could have done a very similar episode had you actually followed the synopsis.

Also, I know some people are salty but the creators of the show were salty enough about fan criticism to spend their resources to make an entire episode bitching, so that itself is some impressive salt.
>>
File: Rarity_is_mad_S1E8.png (386KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rarity_is_mad_S1E8.png
386KB, 1280x720px
>>30731921
>Holy shit this is beautiful
Are you clinically retarded, OP?
>>
>>30732709
>>30732696
Theve been doing the song joke for a while,
>start song, gets interrupted
>shouldn't have sung that song, huh
>sing song that doesnt do anything
>>
>>30732741
I still dont get how people with such thin skins on the internet get jobs. I assumed they would start crying when they get a difficult interview question.

When was the last time even a small fraction of angry fans had really mean things to say about the show in person? go to the cons and its overwhelmingly positive. The only place the show is even really insulted (i dont mean constructive criticism that may be a bit negative, I mean really insulted) is here and on twitter, and anyone who has been on the internet for more than a month should know that thats how these places works. But apparently the correct thing to do isnt to ignore them, or try and extract the bit of real criticism from the insults like faust would, its to make long ass posts on facebook about how the fans are mean to you and then shoehorn your insecurities into the show. People like this arnt happy unless their like dislike ration is over 0.98.

I liked the episode, but the more I think about it the more pissed I get.
>>
>>30733064
Its impressive when you think about it.
>>
>>30733064
Doing episodes about how the adult fans are retards only validates them, frankly. It proves the staff are listening and that it's getting under their skin, but instead of calmly acknowledging that, "Yeah, we mostly have creative control but we don't have a course plotted out because Hasbro makes unexpected changes," they insist that adults are stupid for recognizing that it looks like they don't have a sense of what the show is supposed to be.

And when the complaint is that the show has lost its identity, it doesn't help when they do a meta episode telling people to shut up. If that was one of the most creative ideas they had and they didn't want to use that time to tell another story, then obviously they don't know what they want to do with the show.
>>
>>30732650
No one saved the day actually, the episode wasn't reaolved
>>
>>30732290
>Still
What?
>>
>>30731921
>I liked the episode just because lol /mlp/ btfo

Ok, Jim.
>>
>>30732694
The whole point was that everyone was IGNORING the lessons over little nitpicking. Sound familiar?
>>
So they used the show to throw shit to autistics morons who criticize them because they're not capable to defend for themselves with real arguments. Bunch of cowards.
>>
>>30733342
>>30733369
anon, chillax
>>
>>30731921
I liked it too, anon.
>>
>>30733345
We aren't five year-olds, anon. The lessons about sharing and learning to tolerate your friends even when they have radically different preferences and lifestyles isn't what appealed to us. What appealed to us in the show was the conflict between adorable ponies clashing over radically different preferences and lifestyles. It was fun when there was conflict and adventure on a small, probable scale.

You can't just say, "Oh, anons, didn't you learn to love and tolerat from the ponis on TV?" The show rarely touches real nuance. I'm not sure if the ponies have even come across one real no-win scenario other than when Twilight couldn't change time.
>>
>sometimes we can't change what other people think but we can change how we let it effect us.
Sounds like a pretty good moral to me desu,
>>
>>30731921
The best part is all of the butthurt fans who don't understand the show is not shitting on them, just calling them out on their bullshit and also counter-arguing. Yet, i can't wait for all the analysts trowing sandstorms out of their vaginas while saying that even tho they "liked" the episode they felt somewhat offended by it.
>>
>>30733498
The analysts are trying to make a living from a dying fandom in a dying show. It's honestly time to bail out and start thinking about new work if they can't find new avenues for an audience. Youtube is a tougher animal than it used to be, though. You don't get big in intuitive ways anymore. Good entertainment isn't really something their program can gauge, so you wind up stuck doing silly gimmicks until the timer runs out on them.
>>
>>30732283
Watch the show faggot.
>>
>>30731921
>shitting on the fandom
Didn't see it that edgy way. Just wish it was more than the two fillies that got the real lesson.
>>
>>30732273
the first kind, we were offended and no one gave a shit. And you know they meant to piss you off because no one promoted or retweeted this episode. Hell even original writer remained anonymous.
>>
>>30733610
But it is FOR KIDS, FAGGOT. If the writer wanted to acknowledge bronies he would include at least one adult nerd joining up with the "enlightnened kids".
>>
>>30732292
>since when did we want this Pinkie?
Lol, that's easy. Ever since season 1 the fandom blew every little thing she did and reduced it down into "lol so random"; "muh 4th wall". Other characters delivered humor and use of cartoon physic(ex:Spike on the latter) but only Pinkie got the credit. People overblew her humor side to the point of missing that Pinkie still had really physical limits and couldn't 4th wall through everything.
>>
>>30733627
Idk starlight seemed to take the lessons on board.
>>
>>30732258
This, minus the part about the frequency of meta episodes. I've enjoyed most of them so far.

The tough thing about this episode is that it can be great or awful depending on how you think it's meant to be interpreted. It can either be the writers telling the fandom to stop complaining and just enjoy the show unconditionally, in which case it's immature and petty, or it can be the writers admitting that the show isn't perfect but saying they'll stick to what they've made so far and keep trying to develop these flawed characters further. I prefer the second interpretation, especially because of the song near the end, which is all about the flaws that make the main six interesting. I'll admit, though, that the portrayal of the fandom as unbearable and mindless even when they're being nice was far too severe a response.

At the end of the day, though, I'm watching this show as a story about ponies living in a magical world, not a meta analysis of real life. Viewed from that perspective, this is one of my favorite episodes, because unlike certain other recent episodes about the negative effects of criticism, the main six handle this problem the right way and remain in (slightly exaggerated) character.
>>
>>30733221
but the writers of the book feel better about themselves, what more can there be to resolve?
>>
>>30731921
>Lol the show is good because people get butthurt over it.
go back to >>>/b/ronies.
>>
>>30732757
He is from Derpibooru, which is basically the same.
>>
>>30733629
Are you a retard? People -complain- about her flanderization in episodes like Rock Solid Friendship.
>>
>be part of a group that unintentionally advertised a cute but overrated show all over the internet for 7 years
>the writers of said show make you the conflict in an episode because the job security you provided them gave them massive egos

fuck off. Anybody that's fine with this is a massive cuck or a glimmer blowing newfag.
>>
>>30733064
Can't believe we are reaching Teen Titans Go levels.
>>
>>30733989
I dont know what that means, so ill call you a faggot just in case.
>>
>>30734065
Good call, but basically:

>TTG is shitty reboot of TT
>Fans get mad at TTG creators
>TTG creators get butthurt
>Make meta episode lampooning fan complaints and intentionally rubbing it in how "different" and "funny" TTG is compared to TT

tl;dr google "TTG The Fourth Wall"
>>
>>30734115
>episode
I wish it was only one.
>>
>>30733659
She's a mary sue and a main character and part of the mane7 circle. Only bg ponies were reflecting the adult audience.
>>
>>30733798
this, it's literally the only reason why it got so many high scores
people up-vote it because of the salt it makes, just like the faggots who "like" Glimmer
>>
File: 1476177976236.png (640KB, 1042x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1476177976236.png
640KB, 1042x1200px
>>30731921
>The episode was good because it had nothing to do with what MLP is supposed to be about
>>
>>30733064
>>30733148
What surprises me a bit is that they had and entire group of people online to mock (Barneyfag,the people that caused Gr15 to be created, etc) and they chose to focus on criticism, and not even the unrealistic criticism like a pony trying to get one of the mane6 to admit that one of the events in the lessons didn't actually happen because they didn't like it.
>>
>>30734209
I couldn't quite figure out why this episode bothered me a bit. I actually enjoyed the episode at first, and even chuckled at a few parts... but afterwards I was just left thinking... wow, they really hate (some of) their fans.

But what you said is right: they chose to mock those criticizing the show, but they didn't mock the ridiculous outlandish criticisms, they mocked stuff that real fans have legitimate complaints about. Fluttershy learning the same thing over and over is a completely valid complaint against the disorganized, inconsistent writing that has been a major issue in this show since like season 3. Then of course stuff that fans would actually, unironically like to see future stories based on: ie, Pinkie and AJ's possible blood relationship.

The "twilight was better before she got wings" joke stung particularly hard because that was basically them saying "fuck you if you liked the show better when it was primarily still Lauren's vision."

It really did seem like someone I think we know who had a pretty mean-spirited vision for this episode. Which I think is also why Larson wants/wanted to distance himself from the ep so much. From his few tweets it sounds like they took an old idea of his, then retooled it to add in the brony hate stuff.
>>
File: FAM post.png (30KB, 1301x295px) Image search: [Google]
FAM post.png
30KB, 1301x295px
>>30734284
>I think we know who.
I have a feeling that Larson was more involved with the episode than he's claiming.

Some are saying that the Lazy writers did the work that Larson didn't for the script, but some of the references, like Twilicorn, go back well before they ever joined the show. And pic related points out, that alot of the settings and characteristics don't reference pre-S6, like Rainbow working on the weather team that add to that.

And I've also said before, the message, at least the message of the song, is that the mane6 have flaws and are defined by more than just one characteristic. Yet whoever wrote this couldn't see the irony of turning every other pony, including locals that should have had plenty of previous interactions with them, into obsessive fans.
>>
>>30734362
Weren't there some Larson tweets where he specifically agreed with someone who said the episode came across as mean-spirited and basically said that stuff wasn't his idea? (He replied "Yep")

I saw a screenshot a day or two ago, but it's not on his Twitter so it was either fake and I'm a faggot, or he deleted it. (Or I just can't find it... i'm terrible at navigating Twitter)
>>
File: pone.png (1MB, 2400x1100px) Image search: [Google]
pone.png
1MB, 2400x1100px
>>30731921
I actually enjoyed it, kinda sucks Rarity got shit on so hard, I legit felt bad for her I didn't know people hated her that much.
But the "twilight was better before she had wings" part had me in stitches.
>>
>>30734182

i'd leave that call up to the creators.
>>
>>30734504
Lauren Faust then?
>>
People seem to be confused about who this episode is pointed at. It's shitting on the people who show up when you get popular in general.

Hell, the worst thing about the episode in general is that those two fillies are either heavily suffering from abusive parents who dye their hair weird colors or they're being allowed to choose such things, which would get you ostracized in any real society.
>>
>>30734743
Yeah those color schemes were god awful
>>
>>30734435
No you're right, those tweets existed but were since deleted.
He probably deleted them himself because if it looks like he's badmouthing / shifting blame, irregardless of whether it's true or not, it looks bad to future employers.
Thats the most bullshit part about this, he literally cannot defend himself and most people will think that larson is responsible for this episode, when it's only the song an intial draft that can be credited to him.
If you notice, the song is actually altered to fit into the episode, listen to it once and then listen to it at 1.25 speed.
It sounds far more natural sped up slightly.
>>
>>30734843
Am I deaf? This is like the fourth time I hear that claim. And for the second time today I'll respond that I just don't know what's supposed to make the sped up version sound more natural. Doesn't speeding up songs just tend to make them more pleasant to listen to under some circumstances, and isn't that the reason why stuff like nightcore exists?
>>
>>30732268
Guilty as charged. It's not about them taking a piss on me, it's about people who are incompetent taking a piss on me and getting away with it. Just like at my job.
>>
File: 132623245227.png (664KB, 1269x1145px) Image search: [Google]
132623245227.png
664KB, 1269x1145px
>>30734943
I dont know the musical terms, so forgive the following.

It sounds far too deliberate, when the characters sing or talk normally it has a sense of flow to it but in this song both the vocals and backing track feel very stilted.
Compare this song from EQG that also features the mane6 singing as a group and is also a semi-slow song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2UhUtBzxHM
If you speed this one up, it sounds obviously unnatural, most obvious in the dazzlings and the background beat.
It's possibly an issue with the songs..tempo?
Either way, it caught my ear the instant i heard it but it was another anon that suggested speeding it up.
1.25 is probably too much, but youtube cant do lower increments.
>>
File: 1453710902392.gif (2MB, 400x282px) Image search: [Google]
1453710902392.gif
2MB, 400x282px
>>30734284
It honestly feels to me a bit like the whole Mass Effect 3 extended cut train wreck, and the refusal ending.
>tfw Mac the Hack is now running the show
>>
>>30735042
I don't claim to have any sort of knowledge about music, either. I've checked out your >no hooves video and you're right, it does not sound that good in comparison after the speedup. Maybe "Flawless" was slowed down in production for some reason. For one thing, its beat sounds much better at 1.25x. I just don't know.
>>
>>30733375
No, Jim.
>>
>>30734115
Same with Return of Slade episode, Entire episode was a joke at the expense of the older fans
>>
>>30731921

Just watched it too. Pretty much the writers are being butthurt at being criticized and are telling people "you're missing the point we're trying to get across, you guys". The comments made inside the episode have to do with writing and characterization, not other aspects of the show such as character design and animation. One thing the writers need to do is to watch the Scrottie McBoogerballs south park episode in order to understand that different people interpret the same story differently. Another thing they need to do is stop being butthurt and take complaints for what they are. Feedback. The writers aren't even the same ones as older seasons anyway.
>>
>>30734171
>Starlight-hatefag
Dude, just stop watching the show, it has matured and obviously you didn't catch up to it.
>>
File: Starlight housefire.png (11KB, 1360x84px) Image search: [Google]
Starlight housefire.png
11KB, 1360x84px
>>30735860
Fuck you and all your kind.
>>
>>30735826
Funny. To me it seemed like it was the writers poking fun at themselves.
>>
>>30735878
:)
>>
>>30735860
Starlight has good moments

But most of the writers don't have a clue how to write her
>>
File: average poochienigger post.png (38KB, 581x643px) Image search: [Google]
average poochienigger post.png
38KB, 581x643px
>>30735925
>>
>>30734284
>Fluttershy learning the same thing over and over is a completely valid complaint against the disorganized, inconsistent writing that has been a major issue in this show since like season 3
Actually if anything, the opposite is true. Fluttershy used to learn the same lesson over and over again in earlier seasons, but since Filli Vanilli in S4 they actually started to make her more confident over time. Yet just like in the episode, every time Fluttershy acts more confident and puts her hoof down, Anons start complaining that she's out of character.

>Twilight having wings means the show can't be primarily be Lauren's vision anymore
Pls, that's stupid. It contradicts one specific point of Lauren's vision, yes, but it doesn't prevent the show from following the vision overall. I'd even argue that a graduation would also make it very likely that Twilight would start teaching/spreading friendship to put her degree to use.

I do agree that overall the episode comes off as a bit mean-spirited, but most of the criticism presented is fairly outlandish in my opinion. Also remember that not all of the episode is criticism, a lot is also general popularity problems and other "missing the point" stuff.
>>
>>30735878
This actually made me chuckle
>>
>>30735826
The one missing the point is you but HEY who cares
>>
>>30735932
>Starlight has good moments
that's just an illusion
you only think she has good moments because she's next to ponies who actually have character and learned something
the only thing we have actually learned about her since her reformation, is that she likes kites
>>
>>30735879

I dunno dude, if they were aware of issues with their writing then they'd correct them. Plus there's the removing a character completely thing. I'm a little surprised they didn't have a fanpony point out things about Starlight.
>>
>>30735995
i could start start sperging about her character but i swear that in the starlight thread someone posted a screencap of a good sperg and that makes me too lazy to actually do it myself
>>
>>30736020
She's not on the Journal tho. Would've made Twilight tell starlight to add her own stories so that we could also see the ponies throwing shit at each other over her.
>>
>>30736020
Not sure I get what you mean. The journal would still only go up to the end of Season 4.

What surprises me personally is that no one even acknowledged that Spike wasn't even in the episode.
>>
>>30736020
Starlight wasn't exactly around during the time the book was written, would've been funny to have someone point out that there's nothing after Tirek though.

>if they were aware of issues with their writing then they'd correct them
Well, Fluttershy has actually been properly getting more confident since S4 and Spike has finally been used a bit better which was confirmed to be due to fan feedback.
>>
>>30736030
>>30736041

I meant in a "who even is she and why is she staying with you?" kinda way.
>>
>>30736080
eh, doesn't seem like that big of a deal. They could have mentioned Discord, though if he was in the episode he'd have taken the spotlight and probably encouraged the criticisms of the journal
>>
>>30732650
Spike wasn't in the episode because the next one is about him and it happens simultaneously with this one.
>>
File: 1502555625441.png (42KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
1502555625441.png
42KB, 580x435px
>>30734843
You are welcome.

Of course, the Jimfag Defense Force has been trying really hard to pass this as a fabricated Tweet because they would die before accepting that their beloved cartoon and Sempai-samas are anything but perfect.
>>
>>30736875
Spike wasn't in the episode because the writers had to get rid of him in order to give us the obligatory Starlight Fixes Everything episode.
>>
File: owo.png (5KB, 581x643px) Image search: [Google]
owo.png
5KB, 581x643px
>>
>>30735948
pls
>>
>>30732689
>even just removing the part where glimmer teleports away to fix it right before the song would have improved it by makeing it seem like the fillies showed up at the castle because they wanted too meet twilight and not because glimmer went and got them saying 'hay, you 2, go tell twilight you like her book'.
That would have been better.
Although I suppose you could say they would not have been allowed inside.
>>
File: 1494609408369.png (666KB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
1494609408369.png
666KB, 3648x2736px
>>30738619
Anon, Twiggly's castle is like Rarity's rump - everyone is allowed inside.
>>
>>30736960
The episode was written before Starlight's reformation. Instead of rewriting the episode to give Starlight a role in it, they just gave her Spike's role and left him out.
>>
File: 1499675337685.png (161KB, 1029x683px) Image search: [Google]
1499675337685.png
161KB, 1029x683px
>>30739257
Which is pretty indicative of how the show in general works nowadays.

Pic unrelated.
>>
File: 1468120238199.jpg (33KB, 366x461px) Image search: [Google]
1468120238199.jpg
33KB, 366x461px
literally our version of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOtmdHiCJNY

and it feels bad
>>
>>30736946
I notice he didn't actually answer the question.

I can understand his displeasure at having his name on this episode though.
>>
>>30731921
Holy crap. So they stuck with the rainicorn thing. And Twilight has a crystal mansion now. Things sure have changed.
>>
>>30735860
>it has matured
believe it or not Anon but introducing another archetype =/= maturing show
oh and not learning her lesson who acts differently constantly because the writers don't know how to handle her =/= complex character with multiple personalities
>>
>>30735860
>Dude, just stop watching the show, it has matured
More like spoiled, anon.
>>
File: barney.jpg (120KB, 613x1154px) Image search: [Google]
barney.jpg
120KB, 613x1154px
>>30739655
Holy KEK, even Barneyfag was foreseen... that's kinda uncomfortable to think of.

Maybe it's one of the laws of the universe that every fandom has it's own Barneyfag?
>>
>>30741415
yep the show has been shit ever since S3
>>
>>30741562
Oh hey, that's exactly when I lost interest.

But, why are you here, then?
>>
>>30739655
You know, the writers of this skit actually screened this for their fans whom they were lampooning in this.
First comment was one of their fans correcting an error, followed by large amounts of laughter.
>>
File: a1e.png (258KB, 600x439px) Image search: [Google]
a1e.png
258KB, 600x439px
>>30741592
>>
>>30741756
what? I don't understand what you just said
>>
>>30741793
I may have jumbled my words, hold on.

So, the Animaniacs writers were worried their jab at the fans would be taken the wrong way, so before the episode aired, they did a screening for some of the fans that fit the nerds in the skit.
After it was over, they asked the fans what they thought, and the first comment was someone pointing out an error. Afterwards they all laughed and aired the episode.

Just thought it was a neat factoid that was somewhat related to the thread about when writers address their fan's complaints.
>>
>>30741826
What was the pointed out error?
>>
>>30741940
I can't remember. For the last 20 minutes I've actually been trying to find the source that I got it from, but to no avail.
>>
File: 1474330346004.png (335KB, 1024x623px) Image search: [Google]
1474330346004.png
335KB, 1024x623px
>>30741959
so you made it up
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 955x559px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 955x559px
>>30731949
>>30732268
""
>>
File: 83.png (3KB, 344x326px) Image search: [Google]
83.png
3KB, 344x326px
>>30742048
until I find proof, you may assume so. There ca nbe no other option.

I know I saw it in an interview somewhere though. I know I did.
>>
>>30742048
>>30742155
Well I found something that aligns with my story, which hints at me not being a crazed liar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1W-wnh__DM
And down in the comments I found this:
>It was making fun of those of us you see in this video. They used actual things we posted to the Animaniacs newsgroup -- just reworded slightly. On this same day, they also gave us a preview screening of the cartoon, nervously. They were relieved to discover that we could take a joke. We were well aware of our own obsession with minutiae. We discovered that the people who made the show obsess over minutiae too. Some of them can go on for hours about every little detail of cartoons they grew up with or worked on! A few have kept in touch with me ever since that day. Cool people!

So there's that.
Though this small saga has gone on too long already I think.
>>
File: 1471472387325.gif (610KB, 415x232px) Image search: [Google]
1471472387325.gif
610KB, 415x232px
>>30742202
Congratulations, anon. You have played yourself. For you see, I never doubted you. I have merely made you believe so so that you would dig up information for me. Information I was interested in. So, thank you, my dimwitted friend. You have made yourself useful to me. And there's nothing you can do about it. You'll have to remember this day as the day you've been strung along and rused.
>>
>>30736080
I'm having thoughts of ponies assuming that Starlight is Twilight's gay lover and Twilight being disgruntled by this has to keep telling them she's not gay. It makes me laugh.
>>
>>30742142
Holy dicks the pure salt that went into making this image.
>>
File: 1478689064305.gif (953KB, 450x252px) Image search: [Google]
1478689064305.gif
953KB, 450x252px
>>30742202
ty anon
>>
>>30742864
Imagine the salt that went into making the episode itself.
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.