[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remind me again why they thought it made sense to reform them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

Remind me again why they thought it made sense to reform them?

We're about to go two fucking seasons since they were used.
>>
>>30729562
Every character has one use. Once that use is no longer needed, we never see them again.
>>
>>30729562
Because they were the worst part of every CMC episode.
>>
>>30729562
Because Hasbro can't risk schoolgirls recognizing themselves in these gossiping harpies in becoming.
>>
now they can make friends with Twist.
>>
They reformed them specifically to wrap up the CMC arc. They never intended to use them again after that
>>
File: shiny happy fillies.png (11KB, 755x113px) Image search: [Google]
shiny happy fillies.png
11KB, 755x113px
>>30729562
Because the show is in the hands of talentless, unmotivated hacks who don't even watch the show.
Diamond Tiara wasn't evil and didn't need to be reformed; she was just mean and needed a Very Important Lesson about nicer ways to get ponies to do what she wants, if anything.
>>
File: 1423670925803.jpg (125KB, 635x934px) Image search: [Google]
1423670925803.jpg
125KB, 635x934px
So they could be shoved into the background forever to save a couple bucks in VA fees.
>>
>>30729562
Diamond Tiara was literally the worst character in the show. You pedophiles should be thankful she got at least ONE episode where she was enjoyable and had some character.
>>
File: uwot.png (244KB, 375x382px) Image search: [Google]
uwot.png
244KB, 375x382px
>>30729562
>reform them
theyre kids ya dolt.
>>
>>30733478
>at least ONE episode where she was enjoyable and had some character
Yes, I suppose we'll always have "Ponyville Confidential".
>>
>tfw no filly mistress to boss me around
>>
>>30729562
They didn't reform Silver Spoon because she never needed it.
She was the straw that broke the camels back to DT.
>>
>>
>>30735067
Silver Spoon was even more in need of a Very Special Lesson about "just following orders".
>>
>>30736668
She kind of learned that one herself at the voting booth, then told Diamond Tiara off.
>>
>>30729562
Maybe they were reformed so they could be written off. Maybe they thought the bully stereo type was out dated so they gave these characters a send off and then respected them by not using them again.

I wish they did the same with Starlight after reuniting with Sunburst but they didn't.
>>
>>30736703
Fuck off Poocienigger.
>>
File: 1500978872605.png (997KB, 1400x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1500978872605.png
997KB, 1400x1100px
>>30735097
I want to hug her.
>>
>>30736703
>and then respected them by not using them again
I appreciate this; I don't think I could stand 22 minutes of good girl DT.
>>
>>30737991
What about 22 minutes of DT struggling to be a good girl?
Kind of like Glimmer trying to not mind rape ponies with magic but as a disgusting mud horse?
>>
>>30738001
Yes, because we love Starlight so much we need a mini version of her
>>
>>30738001
Intuitively that feels like it would be even worse for the tantalizing glimpses of her former greatness and the deliberate suppression thereof.
>>
>>30738019
DT is a mini Starlight.
>>
>>30738037
Don't you mean Starlight is a maxi DT?
>>
>>30729562
They ran out of juice and couldn't bully the CMC anymore. Prolonging the status quo would have been much worse than redemption. It's a shame they haven't been used in new creative ways yet.
>>
>>30738777
How would they use a redeemed Diamond Tiara anyway?
She's basically a born leader or some shit.
>>
>>30738781
Sounds like a great concept for a redeemed bully character. She's wealthy and charismatic and knows what it is like to manipulate others. Concerning Silverspoon, she has never been fleshed out and can also still develop a character of her own. Not to mention the imminent Babs return episode.
>>
Her 'reform' was way too fast it's kinda dumb yeah
Would've preferred it if it lasted through the entire season or something

I'm not too interested in seeing her again if she'll be all 'I love everyone and everyone loves me yay' like she was at the end desu

But I really hope we get more songs from her at some point, I love the ones from cotlm so fucking much
>>
>>30738957
considering we never actually see silver spoons parents or living conditions, and that she tries so hard to suck to to diamond to make sure they stay friends, it might be possible shes actually from a mid range or poor family and is merely pretending in order to shmooze some status off diamond. for what reason, who knows?
>>
>>30740208
Her name suggests she is actually from the upper class. She's rich and never had to work hard to attain power, now that she has been shown the light and realizes that she can't cling on to Diamond Tiara's authority anymore, she must learn to be independent.
>>
>>30740208
She's named "Silver Spoon"; she's old money.
Old as balls.
It's actually really interesting that she hangs out with a nouveau riche kid like DT at all.
>>
>>30740189
Ideally they would've cut Appleloosa's Most Wanted and split CotLM into two unrelated eps about the CMC getting their marks and DT resolving her beef with Apple Bloom.
>>
>>30743733
Well we could've had an entire episode on DT desu
Just put AB in there like, they need to do some school project and get stuck together and there you go, DT doesn't want to go even near the farm so AB has to go to the rich's mansion and we see all the fucked up shit happening in there and from there AB start being more understanding of DT
Then cotlm happens or smth, I don't know

There's a couple S5 episodes that could've been cut entirely desu, like Appleloosa's most wanted, brotherhooves social or the hooffields and maccolts
>>
>>30743782
AMW is the worst of the lot since it's so unvarnishedly just Bridle Gossip again.
>>
>>30743782
>brotherhooves social
>cutting out one of the best episode of s5 that actually gave big mac some depth
but why?
>>
>>30743846
>give him some depth
>by making him make a fool of himself in front of everyone in town to show that he loves his little sister
>instead of, you know, simpler ways
oh yeah, he got some depth alright
Like, now we know that he loves playing with dolls and doesn't mind crossdressing...?
>>
>>30743879
>and loves crossdressing
somepony who merely "doesn't mind" crossdressing wouldn't have a stallion-sized drag getup ready to deploy at a moment's notice
>>
>>30743879
they dealt with his feelings about AB no longer looking up to him the same way she used to. we learned hes a really insightful and clever pony;knowing exactly what to say to resolve his situations. we learned to what extent he would travel outside his own comfort zone to be someone important to his sister. we learned that he usually liked to keep his problems to himself and has a hard time talking about it.

you gotta look past the memes, anon.
>>
>>30743782
Literally none of those episodes could be cut. Appleloosa's and Hooffields are both important for story arc reasons and brotherhooves social was a big mac episode, someone who never gets episodes.
>>
>>30743937
>his heretofore unmentioned issues that were conveniently resolved by the end of the episode
>a clever and insightful pony who didn't think to just ask the Social organizers if he could participate in AJ's stead
>>
>>30743998
i cant even begin to tell you how much i hate the logic of "it wasnt mentioned before" as a strike against a story. they cant bring up every issue at once in episode 1. when the writers feel like they can address something worth addressing, they do. and every issue of each episode is resolved by the end. thats how its always worked. are you going to retroactively apply this to every other episode and call them all shit for it?
once you come out and ask an official if you can do something and they tell you no, youre kinda fucked arent you.
>>
>>30743997
AMW was only necessary to set up the revisionist idea of Cutie Marks being something that you can just randomly get without an accompanying moment of clarity, understanding, and acceptance of your destiny so that the CMC's ridiculous guidance counselor marks would make any sense at all.
In a hypothetical improved version of S5, obviously the guidance counselor marks would get the axe as well in favor of something less stupid.
>>
>>30741886
Her dad is rich as hell.
And at night he wears pajamas and fights crime.
>>
>>30744452
I know you're going for a Batman thing, but the idea of a little pony fighting crime by night in hoofie pajamas with a butt flap is overpoweringly cute.
>>
>>30744034
While I agree that a pony with a cutie mark has no clue of its meaning, tje concept can still wor, as evidenced by Forever Filly. That aside though, the CMC should just focus on blank flanks for the sake of the show's in-universe logic.
>>
>>30746801
the concept can still work*
Fucking phones
>>
File: blackberry-keyone.jpg (28KB, 680x466px) Image search: [Google]
blackberry-keyone.jpg
28KB, 680x466px
>>30746805
>fucking software keyboards
>>
>>30746801
Apparently I can't write coherent sentences either, and I see that just now. What I meant to say:
>While I agree that a pony with a cutie mark who has no clue of its meaning is an absurd concept, the concept of the CMC as counsellors can still work, as evidenced by Forever Filly. That aside though, the CMC should just focus on blank flanks for the sake of the show's in-universe logic.
>>
>>30747414
Probably the best we can hope for, at this point.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.