[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diamond Tiara had a verse in "We'll Make our Mark&

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

File: image.png (153KB, 617x475px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
153KB, 617x475px
Diamond Tiara had a verse in "We'll Make our Mark" back in "Crusaders of the Lost Mark" that was cut for time.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1SwIPgNZVDk
>>
>>30728043
>Clapping.
Do autists really do this?
>>
>>30728057
Only American ones.
>>
Well at least the tards fucking stopped clapping so we can hear the verse.
I like DT's singing voice.
>>
File: 1498630723899.png (1MB, 8192x5793px) Image search: [Google]
1498630723899.png
1MB, 8192x5793px
>>30728043
I want DT to come back from background pony hell already.
>>
>>30728043
Surely there must have been something else they could have cut.
>>
>>30728374
Pip.
>>
>>30728043
Her voice is amazing. I wonder why they cut it. Who is her singing VA?
That clapping was hella autistic.
>>
>>30728043
I was a little worried they were gonna keep clapping through the new part but it's all good.
Seems an odd song to clap along to though.
>>
File: images.png (8KB, 210x239px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
8KB, 210x239px
>>30728385
You don't cut Pip. Pip cuts you.
>>
Why is everybody complaining about the clapping? It's not like they clapped through lines you haven't heard before.
>>
>>30728343
Crusade of the Lost Mark was a metaphor, the writers apologizing for all the bad CMC episodes in seasons 1+2 by finally closing their cutie mark arc and by removing diamond tiara, the worst aspect of their episodes.
>>
>>30728844
If I want to listen to fat sad people clap I will go to a theater.
>>
>>30728866
They appologized for the terrible cutie mark episodes by giving them terrible cutie marks?
>>
>>30728043

I'm still waiting the extended version of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJw0ktrsv6w

Ingram already told in a con that this exist
>>
>>30728975
By giving them good cutie marks that create interesting development like in the fault of our cutie marks.
>>
I'll just let this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HCAk7gaB7Q
https://my.mixtape.moe/xbrbvu.m4a
>>
>>30728866
>Crusaders of the Lost Mark was a trainwreck, the writers squandering the longest-running plot threads in the show by giving the CMC Cutie Marks that contradict everything we've been told about Cutie Marks pre-S5 and giving Diamond Tiara, the best part of every CMC episode, a total personality transplant because the harebrained plot of CotLM wouldn't work if DT were in-character
ftfy
>>
>>30732311
thanks Anon

>>30733367
And this
I mean, I don't hate cotlm that much, but it should've been a fucking two parter, this was rushed as fuck

But their cutie marks are the most retarded thing that happened to the show since candybutt's reveal
>>
>>30734403
>>30733367
Why do people dislike their marks? They are really the best possible marks they could have gotten in terms of character development/creating a new arc for the CMC.
>>
>>30734437
they're ugly as sin
I would've done a better job in a couple hours in illustrator, made something that doesn't clash with their coat so much and isn't so stupid looking
Why a badge? Or a shield or whatever this is supposed to be

See, it should've been independant marks, each about themselves, WITH something in common
Not the other way around like it is now, they have the same mark with a different logo, it's stupid

Whenever they appear on screen I feel like I'm watching some retarded OC with a paint.net cutie mark
>>
>>30728043
>Cutie Mark Crusaders, I've got
>Something I need to say.
>I was headed down a path that
>Was leading me astray
>But now I've changed my ideas
>You helped me see I care
>I'm gonna show the world how much I have to share

>You made your mark
>And showed me a better way
>You've made your mark
>Helped me see how I could change
>All I thought I ever knew
>Of my cutie mark
>>
>>30734437
They're ugly, the idea of needing to explain to a pony what their Cutie Mark means is retarded since ponies only get their CM when they realize what their special talent is, and the CMC being destined to be guidance counselors throws away years of foreshadowing dating back to S1 about what the CMC's special talents were.
The CMC's CMs are basically an encapsulation of everything that's wrong with MLPFiM.
>>
>>30734513
Lets be honest, the foreshadowing in season 1 was weak at best and character ruining at worse. If their marks really were for their talents in show stopper, it would make the entire CMC arc insulting, as in, why didn't they realize it was "scootering/singing/construction" earlier and would ignore a lot of the development the CMC actually had.

Rather, the marks they went with make much more sense if you consider more subtle aspects of the show. Rather than their marks being in the obvious thing, having them be helping others with cutie mark problems makes the weak CMC episodes better (show stoppers, cutie pox, ponyville confidential) by having the CMC learn more about earning a cutie mark and really makes all of their crusades into them learning about their real destiny rather than being filler.

Then there are episodes in season 6 which show the advantage of giving them the marks they had like on your mark and the fault in our cutie mark; both of which highlight how much the CMC have grown since season 1. On Your Mark does this by showing the CMC that their entire lives isn't about their marks (something that couldn't be done with their original plan) and Fault does this by having the CMC learn that being good at something doesn't automatically make it ones destiny.
>>
>>30734513
diamonds tiara is naturally charismatic and her mark has never really been explained. one would assume her natural abilities have something to do with it. abilities which she was using to be a manipulative cunt. now shes using her talents to help other ponies. just because you know what your talent is doesnt mean youre using it correctly, or even to its full potential.
theyve also helped ponies get their marks on at least a couple occasions, not just figure out what to do with their current talents.
also their obvious abilities from s1 are still part of their mark, but the first thing youre good at isnt necessarily your destiny in life.
>>
>>30734619
I don't doubt that they were able to pick up the pieces created by CotLM and make something of it, but
>why didn't they realize it was "scootering/singing/construction" earlier
Because they're dumb little kids who can't objectively assess their capabilities and because the show staff lacked a coherent, auteur-driven plan for developing the CMC's characters over the course of the show, so they ended up spinning their wheels for years until Hasbro forced them to do something.
The ideas you mention being developed in S6 aren't supported by anything else in the show, either; all of the M6, for example, got their CMs in the first thing that they were good at and realized they enjoyed doing, be it making beautiful dresses or being an Apple or having sex with animals, and the bulk of their lives are about those things.
Some of them have hobbies outside their talents, but Rarity's participation in the Ponytones is nowhere near as important to her as Scootaloo's scooting, for example.
>>
>>30734909
>Because they're dumb little kids who can't objectively assess their capabilities .
This is bad characterization though. We got episodes like Staremaster and Show Stoppers under the premise that they were dumb kids. The writers realized that such characterizaiton wasn't just boring but also annoying and started changing it around seasons 2+3 and had much better results. CotLM was the writers way of rectifying this bad characterization; episodes like showstoppers no longer ruin the CMC beyond just giving them one bad episode. This isn't saying that they shouldn't be written as kids, rather that they shouldn't follow the "kids are stupid" trope; this is something the later seasons improved on.

Cutie Marks were never about talent, they were more about one's calling in life. This is where the CMC got it wrong in the earlier seasons. Because of this, its pretty easy to justify why the CMC didn't get cutie marks in their respective talents, because they were just that, talents.
>>
>>30735439
can confirm kids act exactly like they do in staremaster and show stoppers when in groups.
>>
>>30735692
Sure, but it doesn't make for interesting characters.
>>
>>30735439
>they were more about one's calling in life
Which is, implicitly, something you're talented at and enjoy doing.
It's a distinction without a difference unless you're a revisionist trying to excuse the show's radical departure from established Cutie Mark lore and existing character building.
If there had been a plan for the CMC, and the writers had stuck to it, they could have gotten their Marks in scooting, singing, and carpentry back in S4 or even earlier, and there still would've been plenty of latitude for episodes about having hobbies outside your special talent, not being a master at your lot in life right off the bat, etc. but instead they spun their wheels and dithered and ended up having to retcon everything we knew about Cutie Marks pre-S5 in order to salvage the mess they had made of the CMC's arc.
>>
>>30735864
thats a matter of opinion. personally i really enjoyed both of those episodes.
>>
>>30728075
Saw War of the Planets of Apes yesterday, one guy was clapping at credits. He quickly stopped when he realized he was only one doing it.
>>
>>30732311
>https://youtube.com/watch?v=1SwIPgNZVDk
You can hear a guy moaning or what ever he is doing, probably the same recording. This kills it.
>>
>>30728343

It's okay, Diamond Tiara. If the next generation is set twenty years in the future from this one, you'll be the Captain of the Royal Guard.
>>
>>30736864
>It's a distinction without a difference unless you're a revisionist trying to excuse the show's radical departure from established Cutie Mark lore and existing character building.
You can be talented at something without it being your destiny. Conversely, you can start out as really bad at something and have to work towards getting good at it and it still be your destiny. I'd argue that the latter applies much more to the CMC, as they were really bad at understanding cutie marks but got better at it as they grew.

>If there had been a plan for the CMC, and the writers had stuck to it, they could have gotten their Marks in scooting, singing, and carpentry back in S4 or even earlier, and there still would've been plenty of latitude for episodes about having hobbies outside your special talent, not being a master at your lot in life right off the bat, etc. but instead they spun their wheels and dithered and ended up having to retcon everything we knew about Cutie Marks pre-S5 in order to salvage the mess they had made of the CMC's arc.

You are contradicting your self. But ignoring that, the show established pretty early on that they are already really good at carpentry/singing/scootering. There just isn't anything to write about those talents outside of an episode of sweetie belle getting over her stage fright (unlikely though because they did that with fluttershy already, I am have convinced that that was supposed to be a sweetie belle episode though). The original idea for cutie marks is also problematic because of how unfortunate the implications were; it implied that one's special talent is what defined them rather than who they are and in contrast, the purpose in life interpretation circumvents this problem entirely by making cutie marks more about self discovery than talent.

Besides, its more probable that cheerilie didn't know a lot about cutie marks or was oversimplifying it because she was speaking to children.
>>
File: 1394677007584.jpg (40KB, 600x514px) Image search: [Google]
1394677007584.jpg
40KB, 600x514px
>>30736910
Dog bless america
>>
>>30736910
>Saw War of the Planets of Apes yesterday
How shit was it?
>>
File: 256823568.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
256823568.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>30736910
europoors will never take our clapping.
>>
>>30736910
Are you me? Same exact thing happened when I saw that movie. One person started clapping at the end, but then he stopped when he realized he was the only one doing it. The theater was full too.
>>
>>30728343
Now that she's no longer an antagonist the writers don't know what to do with her.
>>
>>30728043
To be honest I think the song does better without it. It feels a bit out of place with the rest of the song.
>>
>>30739531
>befriend more random background ponies
>use her wealth to do more good deeds
>just stop being a bitch
>>
>>30739531
I'd make it where one of the CMC (probably scootaloo) doesn't fully forgive her but isn't exactly hostile to her either and try to build their relationship.
>>
File: diamond tiara distasteful.png (495KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
diamond tiara distasteful.png
495KB, 1280x720px
DT episode or we riot.
>>
File: 1424123791493.png (109KB, 300x333px) Image search: [Google]
1424123791493.png
109KB, 300x333px
>>30728057
As a Merican, yes
It happens literally fucking everywhere and I understand it to an extent
People do it mostly because it seems polite and to show appreciation
It's probably appropriate at things like ballgames or at the end of a song, but people also do it at horrible times likes this where it just ends up overwhelming the sound
>>
>>30728043
Shit that was good. Maybe they could have toned down the shitty vote song to fit this verse.
>>
>>30736910
>>30738547
Anons who have been in the same place at the same time show how little the world is.
>>
File: 9835628.jpg (22KB, 471x353px) Image search: [Google]
9835628.jpg
22KB, 471x353px
>>30744343
>>
File: 1498420271266.jpg (73KB, 791x716px) Image search: [Google]
1498420271266.jpg
73KB, 791x716px
>>30728043
>that clapping
>>
>>30743756
>chimping out
That wouldn't be very cash money of you.
>>
>>30728143
too bad you'll never hear it again
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.