[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has the ending to a fic ever ruined an otherwise excellent w

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: yogurt.png (109KB, 520x462px) Image search: [Google]
yogurt.png
109KB, 520x462px
Has the ending to a fic ever ruined an otherwise excellent work for you? Because goddamn I am so fucking disappointed right now. What the fuck X-roads? https://pastebin.com/81etrY2w
>>
>>30722320
At least there was an ending. Your average fic will forever stay half finished and without any closure whatsoever.
>>
>>30722332
I know. I've read at least five 9/10 stories that I was completely engrossed in that ended up being dropped. Shit's heartbreaking. But this story was some Mass Effect 3 level bullshit ending.
>>
File: Spooky sad.jpg (24KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
Spooky sad.jpg
24KB, 480x358px
>>30722368
>at least five 9/10 stories
>"Five" is his minimum.
Oh you sweet summer child, you'll come to cherish the word "Complete" like no other.
>>
>>30722531
You know, it would be so much better if your average writefag knew when to stop, rather than to continue the same story for at least ten threads before disappearing completely.
>>
File: 1501998859989.jpg (36KB, 604x397px)
1501998859989.jpg
36KB, 604x397px
>>30722531
What is this hell? What did I do to deserve it? It's like emotional blue balling.
>>
>>30722320
there was an ending? didn't he stop at the portal cliffhanger?
>>
>>30722663
I assumed that was the ending since it had been so long. Seemed like he implied she died there.
>>
File: TSIATAC Cover.png (384KB, 600x800px)
TSIATAC Cover.png
384KB, 600x800px
That never was the ending. I just burnt out on the story and then got distracted by other stories, work, life and such shit.
>>
>>30722320
The ending of "Antipodes" made very little sense, and came out of nowhere.
>>
>>30722796
I can respect that. Glad to hear it wasn't the ending at least. I mean it when I say the entirety of that story is some of the best stuff I've seen written here or on any other site. If you ever feel like finishing it I'd be extremely grateful.
>>
>>30723008
Thank you. Actually I tried continuing it this january or so, but it didnt went so well.
I might try again sometime in the future though.
>>
>>30722705
no, he said he finally started writing the real ending a few months ago but then he vanished, blueballing dozens of anons in the process
>>
>>30723103
That's awesome dude. Good luck with whatever irl bullshit you're dealing with.
>>
>>30723158
Pretty much this. It didn't feel good doing this, though.

>>30723181
Just the usual, Anon. But thank you.
>>
>>30723103
Good luck to you lad, here's to hoping we get to see some more of that fix. You're a darn good writer
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.