[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't the show indulge in boundless fantasy and adventure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

Why doesn't the show indulge in boundless fantasy and adventure any more? Why does it all seem so lazily written and created by people who don't have big imaginations?
>>
Wait for the movie.
>>
>>30722145
It's for little girls, and little girls belong in the kitchen. Fantasy and adventure aren't for girls. Petty discussions and bitterness fit them better, and that's why the show is like that now.
>>
>>30722176
Stop pretending like you give two-shits about kids and just want an excuse to bitch.
Your "think of the children!" excuse is sad.
>>
>>30722680
So much moral superiority coming from the people who praised the episode because "lmao salt xd." I bet you were thinking of the children too while you were celebrating the massive saltmining. :)
>>
>>30722962
I never once used the salt meme. But go ahead and keep thinking everyone who calls out your shit is a hasbrony and isn't just sick of your spam. :^)
>>
>>30723006
>the True Neutral man who was only tired of one side of the spam
Yeah, seems legit.
>>
Season 1 is the only one that is canon, and the only one worth watching. As always, the popular opinion is shit. Thanks for reading
>>
>>30722145

Because the 'adventure' suffers from the restrictions of the medium.

It's hard to have a meaningful adventure when the foe is defeated inside of twenty minutes, and probably introduced after minute ten.
>>
>>30723036
Which side? It's literally just the vogelfag and jimfag jerking each other off and samfagging like they always do in the hopes of stirring up artificial drama.
>>
>>30722145
Because it's for little girls and little girls are satisfied with any mediocre crap they are told to love and consume.

Faust is long gone and Larson isn't returning. The current direction only refers to FiM as a "Job" and not as a dream, or a project, or anything that could at least imply the care about it beyond the paychecks and ego fueling.

This is all what we will get as long the current staff remains there, as we already have seen the full extent of their abilities, period.
>>
>>30723124
Uh, interesting. So you didn't use the salt meme, but you don't consider it spam. Which means that you endorse it. The point in >>30722962 still stands.
>>
honest question. does anyone in here remember being a kid? like, at all? do you remember the shows you watched? do you remember how you felt while watching them? have you rewatched them as an adult and torn them to shreds for all their plotholes and bullshit?

kids arent retarded, but they also arent hyper critical like hardcore adult fans and shouldnt be measured as such.
>>
>>30723150
You're the one who keeps bringing up salt. I never mentioned it. I guess it's an effective meme if it is triggering you this much. :/
>>
File: 1472312933519.png (2MB, 1313x1052px) Image search: [Google]
1472312933519.png
2MB, 1313x1052px
>>30723150
>I'll be annoying to counter these other annoying people
>>
>>30723171
As least we agree that you didn't give a fuck about the children. ;)
>>
File: 1462640727399.gif (1MB, 598x354px) Image search: [Google]
1462640727399.gif
1MB, 598x354px
>>30723150
You're arguing like the vogelfag...
Are you him? Come on, you can tell me. I can keep a secret.
>>
>>30723156
When I was a kid I could tell when a show had turned into shit, man.
Like for example I loved the original Flinstones but when my country began reruning the 1970's version (The one with teenage Pebbels and Bamm-Bamm) I could tell right on the spot that it was shit.

Same goes for FiM.
>>
>>30723198
I never said I did. You were the one being disingenuous. :-)
>>
>>30723203
Nah man I love Lesson Zero.
>>
>>30723221
Good, that makes you, me, and the show staff. :D
>>
>>30723207
your dislike of that particular show could have stemmed from the fact they changed what you enjoyed, not because it was bad in its own right. do you have better examples?
>Same goes for FiM
you cant possibly know how you would view FiM through the eyes of a kid.
i dont think most people here are in touch with how they view things. i have some confirmation bias from this, but every kid ive met enjoys EqG as much or more than the show proper, yet a significant portion of /mlp/ claim its the worst thing ever.
>>
>>30723253
Looney Toons vs Daffy & Speedy Gonzalez 1960's mexican crap

Tom and Jerry (MGM shorts and Chuck Jones's Tv episodes) vs the crappy Polish episodes.

Gargoyles vs Goliath's Chronicles.

There. Now be a good Hasdrone and tell me that nothing of that is a valid opinion because "Good is subjective" and "HAHAHA SALTY!"
>>
>>30723253
Old PPG vs Nu PPG.
Also the anime version, which sucked.
>>
File: Thesethousandwinters.gif (1MB, 250x214px) Image search: [Google]
Thesethousandwinters.gif
1MB, 250x214px
>>30723156

If all you have to do to be a kid is to enjoy shows without wanting to tear them up for plotholes, then I never grew up, though I did get a college degree and a job so I guess I got that going for me.
>>
As good as season 7 has been with its characterization and continuity, it's definitely been lacking in the magical hooks and imaginative things that draw you into the world.

>Celestial Advice
Uses magic as an unimaginative plot device to project Twilight's thoughts.
>All Bottled Up
Awful art design combined with a horribly plain and obvious metaphor.
>Flurry of Emotions
Baby is intelligent enough to consciously do things. Compare to Baby Cakes where they actually designed lore about magical surges the babies get.
>Forever Filly
Completely generic settings and situations when we previously got the Sisterhooves Social and Luna's Dream Saga for Rarity/SB sister episodes.
>Hard To Say Anything
Basically a followup to Hearts and Hooves Day. HAHD had the magical hook of a love poison which was a creative and fun way to bring you into the world. HTSA just had a real world pretty boy lookalike and some generic jokes.
>Honest Apple
Lame, uninspired SoL premise that expands nothing in the world or characters.
>NAFT
A lackluster attempt at expanding Yak culture. You never really believe that the Yaks could be real creatures living in Equestria while acting and living like that.
>FAMF
No explanation needed, completely takes you out of the world with meta jokes and annoying ponies that act and look like humans.

There's some standouts like Rock Solid Friendship that expand the diamond dog caves into something cool. Even though it wasn't great, I liked how Discordant Harmony had the hook of Discord fading away. The show absolutely needs more magic and things to bring you into the world like we got constantly with the early seasons. Season 1 felt like you were actually being brought into a world and learning its rules. Newer seasons feel like an unimaginative cartoon sitcom with some good characters being its only saving grace.
>>
>>30723301
>Looney Toons
Opinion discarded
>>
>>30723415
You know for being on what is essentially a spin-off of /co/, you don't have much taste in animation.
>>
>>30723435
I love Looney Tunes though
>>
>>30723411
>As good as season 7 has been
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Faggot, what? This season has veen even worse than season 06.
>>
>>30723301
again, youre comparing shows, not measuring shows by themselves.
for example, how about pokemon gen 1, the show? did you enjoy it as a kid? how about watching it again as an adult with the same hyper critical attitude you have for pones?
>>
>>30723435
i think hes pointing out the misspell.
>>
>>30723529
> "I will keep being a contrarian until I win!"

>>30723539
My bad.
>>
>>30722176
THIS and only THIS.

American view of the female gender will prevail starting with little girls. You CAN NOT fight it.
>>
>>30723411
>celestial advice
i thought the new spell was interesting and im always happy to see them find new uses for magic.
>all bottled up
agreed about the painfully obvious metaphor, but i thought the rest was fine.
>flurry of emotions
nothing to add.
>forever filly
of course theyre generic situations, its things she enjoyed as a little filly. when youre a kid you think going to the park is the best thing ever. not to mention finding a reason to callback that puppet show guy. the visual humor was also decent in most places.
>hard to say anything
there was no real reason to complicate things further in this one. sometimes telling someone you like them is its own adventure. i dont really like how they handled it overall. it could have been a good story without the needed drama of the random nobody and the CMC being retarded. i have a theory the CMC were only there cuz they couldnt excuse giving a background character his own episode.
>honest apple
agreed.
>not asking for trouble
have to disagree here. they come across as a very proud and stubborn race. the only reason that made peace in the first place with dragons is because they were both going to die if they didnt, not because its what they wanted. theyve become more peaceful relatively speaking over time, but that same stubbornness is there. i also found the ending to be fairly clever. in yak culture you dont ask, you just do it if it needs to be done. its some of that world building you said you wanted.
>fame and misfortune
i dont think the meta jokes were the problem. the problem was how blatant they were. in stranger than fanfiction, they at least made the meta jokes part of the episode rather than making the episode about the meta jokes. with this one, its obvious they wrote the whole thing around being meta. it was poorly handled.

i do agree about them needing more magic and more creatures. it seems like they forgot its a fantasy world.
>>
>>30723580
i asked you to take a show from your childhood you enjoyed, and compare it to how you would see it now as an adult. you keep comparing shows you thought sucked as a kid which isnt what i asked at all.
>>
>>30723447
how do you even know what it is? These cartoons are from over 60 years ago.

In only know what they are because my grandpa played them for me on VCR
>>
>>30723659
I loved original Flinstones as a kid, I still love it now despite being aware of how corny it was.
I hated Nu-Flinstones as a kid, I still hate it now.

There, happy? I can enjoy the same things I enjoyed when i was a kid, and now that I'm older, I still hate the same things I hated when I was a kid because shit is shit no matter how old you are.
>>
>>30722157
The movie will have horrible pacing and shoehorned randumb sequences. That doesnt make it creative
>>
>>30723890
so you are aware of the corniness and flaws in your favorite childhood show now yet you still enjoyed it as a kid.
>>
>>30723822
>In only know what they are because my grandpa played them for me on VCR
You mean his ipad?
>>
File: 1502252580994.jpg (264KB, 1249x912px) Image search: [Google]
1502252580994.jpg
264KB, 1249x912px
>>30723055
:|
>>
Because they know that the show has a dedicated autistic fanbase that will eat up anything they shit out as long as it has ponies in it.

See: People unironically enjoying EQG movies even though they are trite, cliche, by-the-book garbage full of pop songs, bad writing, dumb characters and horrendous animation.
>>
>>30724617
HAHAHA
SALT
>>
>30724619
HAHAHA
(YOU)
>>
>>30724621
HAHAHA
SALT
>>
File: batman_superman_4.jpg (21KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
batman_superman_4.jpg
21KB, 620x465px
>>30723156
I was a kid in the 90s and 2000s. I grew up on Batman: The Animated Series and the rest of the DCAU. So my bar for quality children's entertainment is understandably set pretty high.
>>
>>30724684
thats fine, and im sure if you rewatch any of those series youll find they had their fair share of flaws and even may have gone in directions you no longer like. kids dont dislike shows for the same reasons adults do. theyre not thinking "wow, the joker just keeps getting caught and escaping. batman is shit." they enjoyed it because the stories of each individual episode were fun and engaging.

i can get wanting to make pone amazing, but at the same time i think people can be too critical and unfair when making judgment calls.
>>
>>30722145

Hasbro happened, of course. The second corporation exceeds creative, a show stops taking big chances and making big statements. That MLP has managed to go this far is a testament to how much space Faust (and to an extent, Larson) opened up before leaving.
>>
>>30723156
>do you remember how you felt while watching them
I remember getting incredibly pissed off at the ending to If It Smells Like an Ed and sighing at the "Jack finds a time portal but some bullshit happens and he can't use it" episodes of Samurai Jack.

I also remember being somewhat glad Teen Titans ended because the last season's arc was shit compared to Raven's dad and I doubted another season could top it.
>>
>>30722145
>>
>>30722157
The movie will lack any good humour and imagination. The sea ponies are shit.
>>
Because the adventure episodes have always been the exception, FIM has always been a SOL show.
>>
>>30724448
Oh hey, this thread is still alive.

Anyway, what kind of shilling reply are you trying to fish from me? Because it's obvious that no matter what I say, you still will try to twist and spin it until you get what you want to hear to feel like you are still right.

What a rich and fulfilling life.
>>
>>30722145
Unfortunately I'm gonna have to agree. Equestria has essentially become modern day earth but with ponies.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.