[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think you all have misunderstood the point of the episode.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

I think you all have misunderstood the point of the episode. They were essentially telling you not to be like these people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q1GetC83ec

Basically obsessing over unimportant minutiae and missing out on the message the show is trying to convey, just like all the people criticizing President Whitmore's speech over insignificant details while ignoring the overall message of the speech. With so many in the fandom acting this way, is it any wonder /pol/ managed to hijack it?

However, it also admits that you can't control what people think about your work, nor should you. But as long as at least one person is positively affected by it it's still worth doing. Essentially, the message in Abridged Snake's monologue from Sons of Abridgerty:

https://youtu.be/irWAC1l3rwU?t=12m47s
>>
File: smug liberty.png (291KB, 539x575px) Image search: [Google]
smug liberty.png
291KB, 539x575px
>>30722068
You're right, we should be discussing whether or not an episode's end meaning has any value to us in the real world. The answer 9/10 is no.
>>
Faggot.
>>
>>30722068
>Jun 26
Now I'm even more confused
>>
>>30722129
Is it possible to convert Pony Liberty into a cuckshed?
>>
>>30722068
I chuckled a few times during the last episode, I feel it was jabbing at the "fandom" then again, I only been to 4chan and half of everything in the episode was what was being said and memed here so... That says something.

Whine, Whine, Whine is all the fans were doing and yes it was quite meta in a sense but had the frame of the journal to lash back out at the "fans". Interesting how that was set up. Thing is, the message of the show was strong and clear, fans just don't see the messages being told. Twilight wanted a book that would share the friendship lessons she has learned. That is what Hasbro wanted in their show, a show that taught valuable lessons and did so in a non hashed PSA at the end of the show sorta way. But the fans just not getting it.

But in a way, I say the writers aren't getting it either. The show isn't some hashed PSA. The show has been around for 7 years now and anyone that started on this ride from the beginning quite literally grew up with ponies. We watched and enjoyed it and grew with it as the characters themselves grew. So we are curious, we do have our favorites and not so favorites, we have our favorite moments and want to delve more into the lore and characters and story. Because we grew up with it, we feel attached and apart of it, this is what makes a fan. Some are a bit too obsessed , picky and dare say autistic, but don't put down your fans for enjoying your show.

What is always a problem is when suddenly you're famous. The shows popularity is a huge thing for Hasbro and all the creators of My Little Pony, how often do shows gardner this much attention? Not often. With shows which demographic is for adults, MLP took everyone by surprise and with writers used to children's writing now are pushed to their limits trying to please all crowds. Thing is, they can't please everyone. But dont' neglect them either, it is a beautiful thing. There are some trolls out there, but some valid praise and critique too.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.