[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The fact that Fame and Misfortune teased the bronies with butthurt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 17

The fact that Fame and Misfortune teased the bronies with butthurt facts, is what actually makes it enjoyable in my opinion. Of course the episode caused a feud in the fandom, but I guess that’s what we get for being a popular group. Just know that what we saw, shouldn’t be legitimately cannon. It’s just dramatic comedy that we should be enjoying. Also, we should be aware that the writers are trolling us to cause mayhem in the MLP fandom.
>>
File: 1498674980648.jpg (385KB, 975x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1498674980648.jpg
385KB, 975x1199px
>>30719188
>Just know that what we saw, shouldn’t be legitimately cannon
So why am I supposed to think it's good again?

>Also, we should be aware that the writers are trolling us to cause mayhem in the MLP fandom.
This is also why it's bad. Go back to making episodes in the tone of MLP and leave the meta funny stuff for other shows that obviously established they make use of it from the start. I don't want to see acknowledgement of the fandom in the show, in whatever form it may be.
>>
>>30719204
AHAHAHA
SALT
>>
This episode is the best "trolls trolling trolls" bait episode.

Like no one will be able to tell if you're bitching seriously or tongue-in-cheek if you complain about this one.
>>
>>30719188
I still think that the episode stands on it's own merit. I.E. if you strip away all the metacontext it's still a good episode and it fits just fine within the established universe.

In that regard I'll personally consider it canon, though as always I understand if anyone wants to reject that regarding their personal interpretation of the canon. I encourage people to do the same with any part of the established canon they see fit, provided they understand that when people are discussing the show they're going to discuss what's actually on the show and not what you've made of it.

I also really don't think that the writers were being malicious here. I honestly see the meta stuff in this episode as more tongue in cheek satire and less of a scathing rebuke. That being said, I understand that some people are gonna get bent out of shape about it regardless.

That's just my two cents on the issue.
>>
>>30719188
from winter wrap up to meta episodes we shouldn't even consider canon. this show has come a long way, hasn't it
>>
>>30719225
If you strip away the metacontext, you're left with the conclusion that ponies in Equestria behave basically like bronies here.

It's kind of flattering, really.
>>
>>30719238
I wouldn't say it's flattering or unflattering, I would just say that's how fandoms work in general.

I mean, consider that in the episode everyone who got the journal was exposed to a similar body of work to what we've been exposed to in a similar context, so in that regard it's not that surprising that many of them reacted similarly when the material they were given became popular.

Expecting something else is kind of definition of insanity stuff desu.
>>
File: totally_not_jim_miller.jpg (182KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
totally_not_jim_miller.jpg
182KB, 720x960px
>>30719217
This. I find it hilarious that some people are mad at this pic.
>>
File: OP.png (334KB, 1280x864px) Image search: [Google]
OP.png
334KB, 1280x864px
>>30719249
>>30719238
>They think this episode is a good example of what real world fandoms are like.
>They want equestria's citizens to be as autistic as /mlp/ on it's worst days.
>>
>>30719238
I think it's a little weird that everyone read a book then suddenly started criticizing the real lives of the people in it.

I mean that works as a matter of fiction but how do you extend that to the reality they all share?
>>
>>30719336
Well, I mean sure.

Everyone's got dents and quirks, right? Nobody is flawless and everyone is prone to sperging out once in a while.

Honestly it would be quite a boring world to live in if everyone was perfectly civil and sensible all day every day.

If anything I think that this is a good showing of the fact that ponies can be passionate about things that lie outside of their talents, and that's a good thing because it means that they aren't one dimensional creatures like so many people seem to think they are.
>>
>>30719188
>Our flaws make us good.
What flaws? Oh right the fact they're incompetent whenever Glimmer is around and whenever Vogel grabs the script.
The fact they lost all their charm since season 1.
The fact they've always been stereotypical 1 dimensional pieces of shits which never evolved since season 1.

Yeah great fucking "flaws". If I hear this joke one more time I'm going to snap a neck.
>>
>>30721122
you could just fuck off already.
>>
>>30719204
>doesn't want the fandom to be acknowledged
>gets triggered when Jim says the show isn't made to cater to you
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>30719188
>Stop hating the episode.
>cannon
You have every mark of a shill when you can't even spell proper fandom lingo and throw a tantrum over the fact that it's hated Quitting to become a prostitute would give you more dignity.
>>
>>30721271
shhh, youll break his brain
>>
>>30721271
>gets triggered when Jim says the show isn't made to cater to you
>By acknowledging the fandom you aren't trying to acknowledge the fandom
Do you even read the shit you write?
>>
>>30721366
Did you?
Either you're fine with the show not being aimed at you and are okay with the staff not worshiping you on their personal twitters, or you want the show to cater to you and have to accept that the show will make references to the fandom every once and a while.
You can't have it both ways.
>>
File: 1486811518699.png (90KB, 304x426px) Image search: [Google]
1486811518699.png
90KB, 304x426px
>>30721395
>Either you're fine with the show not being aimed at you and are okay with the staff not worshiping you on their personal twitters
Yes
>or you want the show to cater to you and have to accept that the show will make references to the fandom every once and a while
No, and I don't understand how the fuck you came to the conclusion that I want this at all.

Explain how the last episode acknowledging the kind of criticism that comes from the fandom constitutes a statement that the show isn't for the fandom. In fact, the people defending the episode with this kind of argument are the ones trying to have it both ways. You can't say they are trying to say this show is not for the fandom but reference the fandom in the show. What is so hard to understand about that, and that I want a show about ponies living in their own world and separate from whatever crap happens in the real world?
>>
File: 1487502409331.png (250KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1487502409331.png
250KB, 500x495px
Can't we all be friends?
>>
File: 1489441469277.png (121KB, 641x674px) Image search: [Google]
1489441469277.png
121KB, 641x674px
How the fuck can you niggers be so butthurt over this? This was more season 1 than the show has been in a long time. I was getting good old vibes the whole time. Rainbow was a cunt, Rarara is completely shallow, pinkie is just a fucking gag that boarders on annoying sometimes, Fluttershy is a doormat until she suddenly decides to stand up and run everyone off. I meant they spent the whole episode pointing out all the characteristics of these ponies that everybody fell in love with back when it first went on the air, and then made some fun with it and the way they changed/stayed the same. It was a fine episode. How are you so fucking angry? Like it was an attack on you? Like it's fucking about you? Well it isn't, you hyper-autistic shits. It's about the ponies. I really don't understand how you could actually hate it without just being blinded by your impotent rage. Are you all like season 2-3+ newfags or something?
>>
>>30719188
It was honestly an all around very shitty episode right in the middle of a season that was shaping up to be pretty decent.
>>
>>30721456
You know how SJW's and tumblristas are seemingly offended by everything that any normal person wouldn't care about or simply acknowledge and move on? Yeah, we're dealing with the polar opposite side of that spectrum.
>>
File: derpi_490941.png (192KB, 518x418px) Image search: [Google]
derpi_490941.png
192KB, 518x418px
>>30719388
...Had me going for a second, good job.

Wish i could discuss this episode without all the "LEL SO SALTY" and trolling going around though, it has some pretty big flaws outside of the obvious "Why is ponyville so autistic all of a sudden."
>>
>>30721480
were not seemingly offended by nothing that no weird non-human would care about or complexly ignore and stay there?
>>
>>30719188
No, explain why people are mad. I don't understand what the fuck you're all mad about. At every turn the "fans" are right about everything and the characters play into it. Likewise everything in this episode is counteracted. Twilight saying the book was not made for marketing. Meta episode on how the target audience is little kids. Every character claims they don't act like "that", while acting exactly like "that".

I don't understand at all what the fuck is you peoples problem. Its like this board is being raided by niggers pretending they're mad. Or just constantly posting how /mlp/ is mad.

Whatever was addresses, was not denied and could not be denied. Lets look at Fluttershy.
>Fluttershy learns the same lesson over and over
Yes. That's a fact.
>Yes, but it takes her just that much time to learn it
You know why that sounds like a cop out? Because it is a cop out. Because shes a cartoon character and pursuing that goal is in her character. In her name in fact. Like when you redeem a villain, you kill them. You killed the purpose of having that character.
>But she has made progress
It depends on the script how much. And in this scene, she has both made progress being "assertive" and is also seen cowering on the ground.
>Not sure if I like assertive Fluttershy
Fluttershy's assertiveness always leads into her anger issues, since season 1.

Why am I even trying to analyze this shit. I don't know what the fuck you're all mad about.
>>
File: Pennyroyal-Academy.jpg (337KB, 1500x2263px) Image search: [Google]
Pennyroyal-Academy.jpg
337KB, 1500x2263px
Does anyone still question Larson's role in writing the episode? I can't help but shake the feeling that when I rewatch it that a lot of Larson's original lines were retained. The most obvious one is the book signing where the ponies haven't actually read the book. That's clearly a Larson line from his experience with his own book.

The scene that makes the episode go to shit is the one with Fluttershy learning the repeat lessons. This one is the one that's been bothering me the most. Even if this wasn't originally a brony meta episode, I feel like this scene could have still existed in the context of the mane 6 publishing the friendship journal. If Larson wrote this scene, then he is definitely not blameless for what happened. The song at the end of the episode doesn't really make that much sense in the context of the final episode, which makes me assume it didn't change much from Larson's original script BUT it does still include the reference to Fluttershy scene which makes me believe that it was in deed originally from Larson.

What I think happened was that the drama with Jim Miller on twitter happened right around the same time Larson had submitted this episode (or if they had dug up an old script, whatever it was.) They saw that larson had those two major meta jokes about bronies in it and were like hey, let's go all the way and make it super meta. So they edited it to include a bunch more meta jokes and then the two little fillies to represent the fact that they make it for little girls and changed the ending to be in line with Jim Miller's bullshit.

Larson may have completely disagreed with the changes, but I can't help but to think that he was the one who started the whole ordeal by having one or two major meta jokes in the episode that resonated with the other staff and gave them the idea to go all the way with it.
>>
I get it now.
People are going through the five stages of grief

True patricians will stay at anger though.
>>
File: 1502555625441.png (42KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
1502555625441.png
42KB, 580x435px
>>30721852
>>
File: 247247.png (381KB, 1027x441px) Image search: [Google]
247247.png
381KB, 1027x441px
>>30721870
but it was literally his idea that he submitted.
>>
File: 356856.png (396KB, 582x509px) Image search: [Google]
356856.png
396KB, 582x509px
>>30721866
>patricians are /v/
you keep on believing that.
>>
>>30721884
His idea was probably maybe one or two meta jokes, vogel and jim must have just went with making the entire episode meta.
>>
>>30719213
AHAHAHA
TRIGGERED
>>
>>30721870
Typically episode ideas are pitched and then the story editors assign writers to each episode premise. Nothing I said is invalidated if he had just gotten the premise of the mane 6 publishing the friendship journal. It really depends on if they wanted him to write something meta from the beginning. When he originally disowned the episode in that podcast a while back, It sounded more like his original script was edited into oblivion. We know that Ingram writes the songs pretty early in the development process, so it's possible that the song retained its original lyrics through the heavy edits to the script. Though it does make me wonder how Larson would even be informed of the edits if they happened when he had already left the show.
>>
>>30721852
He's made fun of the fandom before, but in the sense that "We're all autists." rather than "God you're all pathetic"

Most glaringly obvious sign that the episode has been meddled with is the song, it simply doesnt fit with most of the episode.
Chances are high his original idea was about the mane6 being heavily flanderised by their fans and the song was to try and disabuse them of that notion.
Throw in a few jokes about the fandom, come up with ones about the writers themselves, stitch it all together and you have a cute little episode that pokes fun at this whole ride in a similar vein that SoL did.
Instead we get an episode thats only entertaining for salt miners.
>>
>>30721769
you know,consider everytime you reply seriously to a thread full of faggots the "I didn't listen" meme of Party Favor

it's a good one though,I can't complain about Fluttershy's development because her gain of confidence is her progress and main purpose during all her existence in the show

the board has become really chaotic this weekend
seems that the hiatus is over and summer shines more than ever
>>
>>30721956
A million times this. The synopsis and the song seem from a different episode than the rest of the episode.
>synopsis: "Twilight Sparkle's publishing of the friendship journal has unintended consequences when ponies start to argue over who wrote the best lessons."
>song: "We're not flawless"

>episode: "We wanna know why Fluttershy keeps learning the same thing over and over again!" "Twilight was better before she got wings!"
>>
>>30721956
One of the much better actual criticisms of the show that wasn't just "it's shit, I hate it and you're faggots/summer/newfag if you liked it" horse shit.

Thanks for that, anon, even though I fall on the "like" side of the camp.
>>
>>30719204
This. Fuck man, I watch this show to get away from the cynicism and petty bullshit the real world offers, and then this episode is nothing but cynicism and petty bullshit.
>>
>>30722064
>This. Fuck man, I watch this show to get away from the cynicism and petty bullshit the real world offers, and then this episode is nothing but cynicism and petty bullshit.

Then why on Earth are you taking that escapism /here/ of all places?
>>
>>30722084
What?
>>
>>30722095
If you say that the show ruins your escapism, you're ruining that anon's escapism who wants to believe that the show isn't utter shit. Please, leave.
>>
>>30722109
>If you say that the show ruins your escapism, you're ruining that anon's escapism who wants to believe that the show isn't utter shit. Please, leave.

You couldn't be more flagrantly wrong.

>>30722095
You are on 4chan. The Internet Hate Machine. A site that effectively runs entirely on cynicism and petty bullshit and applies it to absolutely fucking everything - especially the show itself. If you're trying to escape petty bullshit and cynicism, why would you come to a den of cynicism and petty bullshit to talk about it?
>>
>>30722109
Again, what?
>>
>>30719188
Thats why i liked the episode. It wasnt that good but it held a mirror towards the part of the fandom that i don't like aswell
>>
>>30722132
>why would you come to a den of cynicism and petty bullshit to talk about it?
It wasn't always like this, but anyway, my point is I don't need the fandom's cynicism acknowledged in the show.
>>
>>30722161
>It wasn't always like this, but anyway, my point is I don't need the fandom's cynicism acknowledged in the show.

Why not take it as a wake up call?
>>
>>30722166
As to what exactly?
>>
>>30722192
To relax a little bit. To consider whether or not you should try to be more positive about things and discourage some of the cynicism yourself. Or, if it doesn't apply directly to you, remember how to laugh at the absurdity of it all and brush it off.
>>
>>30722192
In short, he says we can't afford to make things better and that it's presumably healthier to wallow in despair or to laugh at our own pain.
Of course, as you are aware given our modern day climate, this is a really shitty approach towards things since it only leads to stagnation, deterioration and everyone going 'heh'.
>>
>>30722213
I'm usually pretty damn relaxed and to be honest I don't visit this board often any more cause of the way it is...but this episode really gave me some bad vibes and I had to rant somewhere.
>>
>>30722237
>the problem is everyone else
>>
File: s7 finale writer.png (182KB, 1496x759px) Image search: [Google]
s7 finale writer.png
182KB, 1496x759px
You know it's pretty funny that all of this drama came about just from a script being edited late in the game in order to appease Jim Miller's petty twitter argument. Imagine the fun that awaits us next year seeing that Trump won right before they started coming up with premises for season 8 and they actually got to sit down and think about how they were going to inject politics into the show? We've already seen a little hint with Scootaloo having Lesbian caretakers (though it could be possible that's just for Vogel/Dubac's book series). Miller, Vogel, Haber, and the newcomer Nicole Dubac have all complained about politics incessantly throughout the time s8 was being written and some straight up said they're putting it in their writing.
>>
>>30722251
>"It's not your fault, it's everypony elses!"
Hey, you were the one to present it as such.
>>
>>30719336
This is my biggest issue. However you feel about the meta teasing, it's not entertaining to see a bunch of assholes yelling at each other. I mean, it CAN be, but it wasn't in this episode.
>>
>>30722243
>but this episode really gave me some bad vibes
Maybe it's because you've forgotten how to laugh at yourself, as much of 4chan has sadly.
>>
>>30719204
I knew this shit would happen after Slice OF Life episode. Once they make a meta episode WITH fans, at some point they will make a meta episode AGAINST fans.
>>
>>30722290
There wasn't even that much meta teasing. Other than "Twilight was better before she had wings" and "Fluttershy learns the same lesson ever time," all the other shit had nothing to do with the fandom.
If it did, AJ wouldn't have been popular to go with the background pony meme. They would have made fun of Rarity for being too flirtatious to get what she wants from others like Spike. They would have rode Pinkie for all the autistic screeching she does. And everyone would have hated Dash's cockiness.

There were like 2 or 3 direct nods to the fandom and they were pretty mild. It makes the people making a big deal about it and bitching to the staff on twitter look like a bunch of thin-skinned special snowflakes that can't handle a light bit of teasing.

It would be like someone coming on here and getting mad at being called a faggot.
>>
File: what are you doing.png (282KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
what are you doing.png
282KB, 1280x720px
...Did we get a bunch of newfags this weekend?
I'm getting a serious "How do you do fellow kids" feeling from some of the guys ITT.
>>
>>30722629
Feel free to point out who and why.
>>
>>30722629
We've had a bunch of newfags since early june.
How can you have not noticed.
>>
>>30722516
Faggot
>>
>>30719188
It was good as far as meme face went but shows counter arguments were shit. Fluttershy can't just change her personality in 1 go? k but does not mean we have to see every step and its like people who have fear of going outside, they don't get over it in one go but they practice the same steps over and over, they don't have the steps reexplained to them
>>
>>30721480
may the car of peace be upon you
>>
>>30722431
Oh I know how to laugh at myself, but I don't feel like laughing at far too specific references to other dumbasses I have to share this fandom with. Three years ago, I might've laughed. But at this point I'm just tired.
>>
>>30719188
I still feel it was a jab at religion vs prophecy.
>>
>>30722516
>AJ wouldn't have been popular to go with the background pony meme.
reverse of that acknowledges her background statues. she is popular because usually she is not
>>
>>30719347
You've never heard of people refusing to serve actors because they can't separate them from their characters?
>>
>>30722725
No. I have seen some social media posts hating
Joffry's actor but I really hope no one is so retarded that they will do something like that
>>
File: 1464229560425.png (19KB, 201x200px) Image search: [Google]
1464229560425.png
19KB, 201x200px
>>30722657
That wasn't nice.
>>
I love this ep for acknowledging starlight's manifesto. where is the art /mlp/?
>>
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheBiggestJim/status/896839012295376896?p=v
Here is Jim again trying to deny the obvious.
>>
File: 5685865368.png (150KB, 500x472px) Image search: [Google]
5685865368.png
150KB, 500x472px
>>30722780
>i said it was, he said it wasnt
>obviously hes just a liar
>>
>>30722780
Do you just sit there and spam 'F5' every 2 seconds in the hopes the Jim will say something to trigger /mlp/?
>>
>>30722826
Yes, next to the same faggot who spams "HAHAHA SALTY" on every thread since yesterday.
>>
>>30722905
and responds with "HAHA TRIGGERED" secondly
>>
>>30722912
And says "NOT AN ARGUMENT!" to any kind of comment that isn't a praise for yesterday's episode.
>>
>>30722905
I wouldn't be surprised if that faggot coincidentally spammed booping threads on the catalog
>>
I think you're all missing the real scandal with this last episode. The replaced the wooden mugs with little glasses so it looked more like apple juice than cider! Those fucking faggots! This is all the dirty non-americans' fault, those fucking faggots.
>>
>>30719188
>shouldn’t be legitimately canon
Only sad sacks like you think about things like what constitutes 'canon'. A real fan let's each episode happen to them, after which they offer praise to the writing team and then don't ever think about it again.
>>
>>30722993
The only scandal is that DHX once again wasted an episode slot on something petty instead of using it to make a good episode about anything else, like for example the Cakes.
>>
>>30723096
On the upside, now that they have the shit episode out of the way, maybe the upcoming Spike episode won't be total shit.
>>
>>30723096
DHX are on the way out anyways... Hasbro bought their own animation studio. Ponies will be produced in house for the net, Itunes, netflix, etc..
>>
>>30723139
Sorry to break it to you, but Spike's lone episode is one where he will behave like a moron so Starlight could once again save the day.

For all the people who keep defending the staff with that lie about them listening to critics about Spike episodes, this is the proof they never listened and never cared in the first place, as all S06 Spike episodes were nothing but more stepping stones to make Starlight outshine everone even more.
>>
>>30719188
This thread is full of butthurt people.
>>
>>30724370
Yeah, they are so angry because this episode wasn't praised as comedy gold.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.