[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this fanfic hated so much anyways? To me it sounds like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: Past_Sins_coverart_by_Dreatos.png (2MB, 1600x889px) Image search: [Google]
Past_Sins_coverart_by_Dreatos.png
2MB, 1600x889px
Why is this fanfic hated so much anyways? To me it sounds like /mlp/ would love it given all the reasons they hate the show. It's essentially a love letter to /mlp/ at this point.
>>
>>30712277
It's a fanfic.
Fanfic are autistic.
End of the story
>>
>>30712292
Would you believe me if I said that /pol/ used to be leftist? I'm wondering if /mlp/ has completely swapped its opinion of the show and fanbase.
>>
>>30712292
The show is autistic, it all depends on the quality of whatever you're reading or watching. Some fanfics can be good.
>>30712305
What's that got to do with anything?
>>
>>30712277
A piece of feces in 2012 will have hardened and been picked at by flies long enough that by 2017, you'd have no idea how foul it once was, nor would you have any way of going back to really recapture how much it stank.
>>
>>30712338
>Some fanfics can be good.
No, they are all shit.
>>
Because it´s from a general thread where always without any reason they put twilight being killed by nightmare moon. And a lot of people loves twilight
>>
>>30712404
And sorry my bad english
>>
>>30712385
SALTY
A
L
T
Y
>>
>>30712502
Oh boy, oh boy. We're gonna have umad salty threads for at least week straight.
>>
>>30712404
>Twilight killed by nightmare moon

It's a shame we have warning labels on everything because you probabily wouldn't read those either.
>>
>>30712385
t. failed writer
>>
>>30712341
As opposed to the people like you who happily pick up the wet steaming turd that is this episode and hug it?
>>
>>30712528
We´re talking about the pics, no the Green texts
>>
>>30712715
Twilight doesn't die in Past Sins
>>
>>30712724
too bad
>>
It's not terrible, but it's incredibly predictable and by the numbers. Read the first two chapters, look at the picture, guess what is going to happen. THERE ARE NO SURPRISES OR INTERESTING DEVELOPMENTS. It's really not an exaggeration to say that it's the most bland fanfic out there.
>>
>>30712743
Admittedly, pretty much all stories these days are predictable in their end game, it's whether the ride is fun or not that counts.
Like, we all know the upcoming movie will end with the good guys winning and Tempest being reformed, but it might still be fun to see the hows leading up to that.
>>
File: 106256156.jpg (408KB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
106256156.jpg
408KB, 945x945px
>>30712859
I fucking hate Twifags. They just shit things up because they have nothing better to do.
>>
>>30712926
okawy
>>
File: 1477684878677.png (350KB, 700x665px)
1477684878677.png
350KB, 700x665px
>>30712926
What?
>>
>>30712277
I haven't read it yet, But sounds too shitty.

Should i read it? Or is It too shitty?
>>
Isn't there like a lot of Celestia hating/ NMM victimization going on in this fic?
>>
>>30712292
>watching show targeted at girls is okay
>reading fanfics targeted at fans is autistic
>>
>>30712277
Probably because Nyx was spammed a lot in the early days of the board, and it pissed a lot of people off. The actual story isn't bad, just bland, but for a board that was created to stop spamming, we get surprisingly mad at said spam.
Now, the rage at Past Sins has kind of died down, mostly because Glimmer is the hot new face of spamming, and Nyx is slowly drifting into obscurity; kept alive only by the determination of one man.
>>
>>30718190
>NMM victimization
It's literally a story about NMM getting turned into a cute and innocent filly. What do you think?

>Celestia hating
Not sure about "hating" but the fic definitely doesn't treat sunbutt very well. From what I heard, in the original version, Celestia hears about Nyx and immediately plans to have her killed. Twilight finds out and freaks the fuck out that Celestia wants to kill her daughterfu. This was too stupid even for fanfiction, so after a quick edit, now Celestia hears about Nyx and plans to scan her for evilness and make sure she's not gonna murder Twilight in her sleep. But Twilight still freaks the fuck out about Celestia wanting to kill her daughterfu, even though that doesn't actually make sense any more. So Celestia gets treated as the villain for a big chunk of the story, for no reason whatsoever.
>>
>>30718403
>kept alive only by the determination of one man.

You're goddamn right
>>
In my opinion, Past Sins is one of the most important fanfics of the early fandom which had helped establish a lot of things. It's even the highest viewed on fimfiction. The fact it is completely forgotten nowadays is honestly abhorrent. Please tell me what Fo:E has done for the fandom? It literally stole its story from its own source material.
>>
File: 1469159564612.jpg (24KB, 515x375px) Image search: [Google]
1469159564612.jpg
24KB, 515x375px
>>30718547
>Past Sins is one of the most important fanfics of the early fandom
>>
>>30718547
It's not forgotten. It's just that a large part of its popularity and influence was based on it being one of the few tolerable fanfics in the very early fandom. Nowadays there are loads of good fics, including many that are better than past sins.
>>
>>30717522
Do something better with your life.
>>
>>30712277
Most people here have never read it. They say they hate it just to try to fit in
>>
>>30719181
Mainly because it's genuinely retarded like most if not all Mary Sue OC self-insert fanfiction...
>>
>>30719196
>self-insert
You just proved what I said
>>
>>30712277
A fair bit of it, honestly, is kickback against the absurd popularity it enjoyed in the early days. Past Sins was praised as the next best thing since the show itself, novel-tier writing, the staff should take it and make it into an episode... It ran on several extremely popular early-fandom memes, which carried it forward independent of the actual quality of the story writing. The endless adulation was deafening, and that masked real criticism of the story.

The fact is, it's not a perfect story. There are quite a number of flaws, both with the storyline and characters. The latter was particularly what got to critics, as once you strip away enjoyment of those memes there are several gaping issues with development and out-of-character behavior.

It's not a shit story either. It's a middling-tier attempt with some good points and some bad ones. But the thing is, once the mindless adoration and early-fandom memes that drove its popularity died? All that was left is criticism, and that's become a meme in and of itself. If it hadn't been so ceaselessly praised at one point, neither would it now be so ceaselessly hated now. It'd just be ignored and left to gather dust, like so many other similar stories are.
>>
>>30719201
Who cares really? There are better things to do with one's time than read someone's stupid fanfic. If something is stupid people will call it stupid. It's surprising how much time and effort people waste into these fanfics. If only people can have that same vigor toward creating original material (or a career). If you're the kind of person who gets their rocks off to this then that's you.
>>
>>30719242
>Who cares really?
You, obviously

>There are better things to do with one's time than read someone's stupid fanfic
Like wasting your time here?

> If only people can have that same vigor toward creating original material (or a career)
Then you wouldn't be here
>>
>>30719245
>> If only people can have that same vigor toward creating original material (or a career)
>Then you wouldn't be here

Damn
>>
>>30719261
Don't worry, it applies to pretty much everypony here
>>
>>30712277
Kill yourself, thanks.
>>
>>30719279
nty
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.