[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If friendship is magic, shouldn't every character that exhibits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 2.jpg (534KB, 1280x1835px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
534KB, 1280x1835px
If friendship is magic, shouldn't every character that exhibits friendship be able to display some modicum of magic? Or is rainbow friendship plot power reserved purely for the main characters during the season premieres/finales? It's almost as if the title of the show was only meaningful for the first two episodes.

Metaphors are great and all, but after 7 years of seeing the phrase "friendship is magic", it's hard to not be able to treat it as a literal rule for their universe.
>>
>>30681537
Well, technically it's everyone's friendship what keeps the Windigos away. So even if it's just in the form of some kind of herd immunity, the magic of Friendship keeps them safer.
>>
>>30681537
Magic isn't special in any way and is just DHX's way of handwaving a scenario to it's closure or use it as a crutch to prop up an otherwise disappointing plot.
>>
>>30681573
Alright, I'll take that, nice point. Given that they use that as the founding of Equestria, that's darn pretty important.
>>
>>30681537
I feel as though the magic is in a Yin-Yang position in-universe, and the power of friendship purifies it, which is why I'll totally lose my shit if they come up with some retarded "Starlight's magic is stronger than the Mane 6's friendship" plot.

That's the one thing I'll give Starlight. Although her role in the narrative is annoying, she hasn't really broken any of the show's rules yet.
>>
>>30681856
Starlight was levetating herself so much the staff forgot she shouldn't be able to walk on clouds.
>>
>>30684000
Or maybe she cast a cloud walking spell on herself? Y'know, like Twilight did back in season 1.
>>
>>30681537
All ponies contain some kind of magic you stupid buttmunch.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.