[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else notice the songs seems to be degrading in quality?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 1490894399855.png (168KB, 373x372px) Image search: [Google]
1490894399855.png
168KB, 373x372px
Anyone else notice the songs seems to be degrading in quality? Other than A Perfect Pear (which I thought was excellent) a lot of them are either really bland in meaning (best friends till the end of time, the new one in the mid season trailer "we're not flawless") and the EgQ short trailer songs are really clunky. They have just horrible rhythm. Monday Blues is hard to listen to for me.

I realize this is opinion but am I the only who feels this way?
>>
>>30676734
Daniel has been mainly focusing on the movie's soundtrack. It will be back to normal in season 8.
>>
>>30676776
This. Been like this since S4.
>>
The kiddos don't care anon
>>
>>30676823
But I care. And I watch the show.

Why does Jim hate this show so much? I swear he's trying to kill it.
>>
File: 136176879969.png (169KB, 354x348px) Image search: [Google]
136176879969.png
169KB, 354x348px
Never liked 'Musicals'. I must be straighter than a laser

Never seen the point in them.

And MLP:FiM would be better without singing.
>>
> never liked musicals
Or autistic
>>
>>30676878
The show music was the main attraction for me. Love the songs.
>>
>>30676776
I don't blame him. I can't imagine what it must be like to do his job full time. Nice to know he makes a living do it. Even if he did take a commission for a fan song.
>>
>>30676776
I hope Sia does not steal his acadamy award.
>>
>>30676734
Yes, for now S7 has not remarkable songs.
>>
>>30676776
This
And EQG, because those are still as great as ever
(other than this science twience whatever, but I just can't believe it's one of Ingram's)
>>
>Retards claim and autistically screech "MUH SONGS R STILL GUD DURRHUURRR"
>Meanwhile in reality, I forget the songs within minute of them finishing (except Like A Catchy Song), lyrics and tunes.
>That's not even going into EQG.
>>
>>30676734
Best friends was better than perfect pear.
>>
>>30676734
>Anyone else notice the songs seems to be degrading in quality?
Yah. I noticed that they kind of seem very un-unique and they all almost sound the same. Back in the earlier season, every song sounded so much different, like Smile Smile Smile, Stop the Bats, Find a Way, etc... Now it almost feels as if the lyrics in any of the newer songs could almost just be thrown into any other song that was released within a season of it. I really used to love the songs that Daniel Ingram would put out, but they genuinely have become forgettable in my eyes.
>>
Rate the seasons in terms of song quality
4 = 5 > 1 > 3 > 6 > 2 > 7
>inb4 why do you hate X
all the seasons have great songs. Some just have more great songs than others.
>>
File: a big guy.jpg (112KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
a big guy.jpg
112KB, 720x960px
>>30676734
HELLO THIS IS JIM
THE SONGS DONT HAVE TO BE GOOD, ONLY LITTLE GIRLS MUST FIND THEM CATCHY. STOP COMPLAINING, THE SHOW IS NOT MADE FOR YOU.
>>
>>30679793
Jimposter please leave. Its extremely petty to misquote people just to fit your narrative.
>>
>>30679801
Hi Jim
>>
File: trump.png (186KB, 620x820px) Image search: [Google]
trump.png
186KB, 620x820px
>>30679793
>>
>>30679859
What a stellar argument.
>>
>>30676776
>doing 6 songs for 3 years
lol
>>
>>30676734
Noticed it too, but I guees Ingram is just out of inspiration. If you think about it, he is the only major castmember from the originals still on the show, aside from the VAs. It's probably not easy composing songs with the same core themes for 7 years straight
>>
What bugs me is that there are usually one or two good songs in a season but it seems that the ones submitted to the animation awards are the crappy ones.
>>
>>30680893
Yeah, he's the guy that composed all the songs. Including the shorts, eqg movies, and show. He's literally written just over, like , 100-ish songs.
Cut him some slack
>>
>>30676734
Daniel admitted that the work's been shit because they've been phoning it in to focus on the movie.

Hopefully it'll snap back next season.
>>
>>30682686
Source?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.