[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You people are too easily impressed by season 7. I get the feeling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: ReadyFace.png (788KB, 1289x929px) Image search: [Google]
ReadyFace.png
788KB, 1289x929px
You people are too easily impressed by season 7.

I get the feeling you lowered your standards somewhere along the line.
>>
>>30670388
Anything can be better than Season 6, but that doesn't excuse 7 from having its share of problems.
>>
>>30670388
Those with higher standards already stopped watching the show.
>>
>>30670399
>anything
>meaning Season 3 was better

Get help.
>>
File: 1413651864696.jpg (30KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
1413651864696.jpg
30KB, 653x490px
>>30670388
oh my standards have fallen drastically, but not regarding the show. where i used to expect critical thinking and discussion in all things, im now surprised to find someone that isnt just being a sarcastic reply mining faggot, and can scarcely believe when someones actually interested in an intelligent discussion.
>>
>>30670388
You expected a group of 20+ year old males to have standards?
>>
>>30670408
Everything has fallen in quality since Season 1 ended and they transitioned away from what made that season so endearing.
>>
>>30670433
So what the fuck have you done for the past six years?
>>
>>30670388
Really? All I see is a bunch of doomposters insisting the show gets worse and worse, which obviously isn't true since Season 7 > Season 1 so far.
>>
>>30670408
6<3<7<2<5<1<4
>>
>>30670455
Season 3 is a fucking joke. There is nothing worse in this series.
>>
>>30670388
I don't like this season to be quite honest with you guys if anything this season is kinda shit.
>>
>>30670455
5>7(so far)>4>2>1=6>3
>>
I started watching again this year after 5 years away.
I feel like i'm as unbiased as i can be because of that.
>>
>>30670388
I feel like your standards are too high
>>
>>30670521
>only watched season 1 and maybe 2
>didn't watcn anything else
You're probably pretty biased mate Unless you have the same opinion then me, in which case you're not the least bit biased^:)
>>
>>30670388
No, we just get invaded by paid Hasjew shills daily
No real horsefucking would ever slurp up that shit
>>
>>30670388
We're on 4chan.
Did you expect us to have standards?
>>
>>30670460
t.Glimmernigger
>>
>>30670554
>watching the show to know its shit
faggot paid hasjew shill detected
>>
File: 1422675936753.gif (945KB, 229x140px) Image search: [Google]
1422675936753.gif
945KB, 229x140px
>>30670388
>You people are too easily impressed by season 7.
>lower standards

My standards are if I watch the episode and like it, like the characters, and like the lesson, then I liked it. I stopped caring for in-depth analysis of how X was executed or how Y-technique was demonstrated. I got into ponies because I wanted to watch a show that made me want to watch it a lot, and season 7 (and all of them) do it for me.
>>
>>30670540
I mean because i haven't been influenced by fanworks, headcanons, this place, being emotionally dependant on the show, waiting for long periods of time, dedicating my life to a single thing for 7 years etc.
Imo it goes
S1 on a seperate line because it's not the same thing
S2 > S5 = S7 > S4 > S3 > S6
>>
>>30670388
Or maybe you have nothing better to do and want to complain on /mlp/.
>>
>>30670408
Season three has two redeemable episodes (Magic Duel and Sleepless in Ponyville) while season six only has one (Saddle Row Review)
>>
>>30670587
This tbqhf. If I enjoy an episode, I enjoy it. There are only about 3 episodes I don't enjoy.
>>
>>30670600
6 is the second worst but it had some good moments.

And I only liked Sleepless in Ponyville. Wonderbolts Academy would have been good too if not for the ending.
>>
>>30670388
Dude, it's just a cartoon, don't take it too seriously.
>>
File: purple_ponytail.jpg (153KB, 1024x964px) Image search: [Google]
purple_ponytail.jpg
153KB, 1024x964px
S2>S1>S7>S5>S4>S3>S6
If you disagree you may as well stay on this board, as you have no taste along with your shitty glimposters
>>
>>30670600
I enjoyed Stranger Than Fanfiction, The Times They Are a Changling, The Gauntlet of Fire, A Hearth's Warming Tale, No Second Prances and On Your Marks too. They weren't amazing, but they were all a solid 7/10 and up.
>>
>>30670627
>S3 better than S6
I liked the crystal empire too.

>tfw pretty much no one talks about it anymore and the only thing anyone says about s3 is that it was irredeemable shit
>>
>>30670627_(You)
Oh no an anon with shit taste said my taste was shit. Whatever shall I do?
>>
>>30670440
The same thing I've done for seven years: hope shit gets better and shitpost. It worked for the first two years.
>>
Tried to watch S3 and further. It was pretty bad. A few good eps since s3e1, but not many.

The show died when Faust stopped being involved.
>>
Why do people keep going to a board for a show they don't like anymore?

Asking for a friend.
>>
File: 1484889552095.jpg (90KB, 866x743px) Image search: [Google]
1484889552095.jpg
90KB, 866x743px
>>
>>30670811
autism
>>
>>30670388
>I get the feeling you lowered your standards
Or maybe there are a lot of the people who would have hated S7, but left within the last few seasons because they were unhappy with the show then, which just leaves the people we have now and any newfags who feel like they are in good company.
>>
>>30670590
I have the same opinion with you with an exemption of = between S5 and S7 is swapped with > between S7 and S4 in my opinion.
>>
>>30670388
it's called having fun
>>
File: tfw (2).png (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tfw (2).png
30KB, 400x400px
>>30670424
It's just how boards go. It's entertaining for three months until the shitposters find what triggers anons, tolerable for one to three years until there's a happening that triggers even more butthurt/derailing, and then it's just a slow ride to where there's just varying levels of smug.

Leave this place, anon. We eat our own young until only the most fattest and bitter remain.
>>
>>30670388
>>
>>30670388
Season 7 actually feels like they deliberately chose episodes that contribute to the overall development of characters while having good continuity.

>CA
Adresses the lack of Twilight in a teaching role in season 6.
>ABU
Continuation of Glimmer/Trixie friendship
>FOE
Probably a forced hasbro plot, but at least it characterized Twilight in a very charming way
>RSF
Actually developed and expanded Maud while cleverly showing how Glimmer's personality leads to different interactions than the mane 6
>FLI
Finally an episode about Fluttershy and woodland creatures that also gives her a plausible dream
>FF
Expansion of the Rarity/Sweetie Belle arc while also showing that the CMC have grown
>PG
Shows why Dash is an egomaniac in addition to showing her parents and hint at Scootaloo's homelife
>HTSA
Show off some clever Big Mac Oedipus Complex before The Perfect Pear while making a pseudo sequel to H&HD
>Honest Apple
Shit, I don't know why this exists. Probably one of Joanna/Kristine's sitcom friends who wanted their own premise.
>A Royal Problem
Semi solo Celestia/Luna episode
>NAFT
Yak lore expansion?
>Discordant Harmony
Kind of a lame premise but it at least had a twist. Continuity with how Discord has been depicted even his character is shit now.
>TPP
Absolutely amazing twist on the fans begging for the dead apple parents. Instead of making it sad by talking about their deaths, it celebrates their love story while also having the emotionally devastating hook through Gran Pear.

Look at season 6 by comparison:
>1&2
Trash hasbro shit
>3
Old hat bullshit
>4
Useless CMC episode
>7
Fuck you to dashfags
>8
Generic Christmas Story plot
>10
3 minute premise stretched out for 22 minutes
>11
brony meta episode
>12
indian ponies
>13
brony meta episode again
>15
MMDW 0.2
>18
nonsports ponies doing sports
>21
You're a wizard, Glimmer
>22
fuck you Larson, we do what we want

Even the good premises in season 6 turned out to be complete shit because of no real story editing.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.