[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why did you give the show a chance and decide to start watching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

why did you give the show a chance and decide to start watching it? I had always been accepting of children's media such as teletubbies, or pokemon and girl's media like disney princesses and barbie. but I was hesitant to start watching because I was unsure if I would like it until I learned my friend enjoyed it so then I started watching it.
>>
I don't remember.
Honestly i think i was on fucking memebase at the time.
>>
>>30658116
I was always into stuff that wasn't entirely normal, like anime, and I spent a lot of time on the internet. I had a pretty open mind about new things so when I heard about grown men watching my little pony in 2012 I decided to give it a red hot go. Needless to say, I liked it.
>>
>>30658116
Well from what I remember I started to watch it when it first came out long story short we were depressed me and my whole family stuck in Ohio with some family members from my dad who hated us each day the same thing, eventually I got a phone and started to watch amnesia videos and one of them was the small horse and well it stemmed off of there and I started to watch pony related video then the episode and we moved back where we came from and I got stuck to it.
>>
>>30658116
Kept seeing a lot of pony avatars and pics and decided to see what the hell that was all about.
>>
>>30658116
The shitposting was glorious even a week or so before the show aired. I figured I'd give it a chance, and it's now been about seven years. Someone help me.
>>
>>30658116
>i started when watching someone's video about the fanservice
>he talked about that time when RD said "Derpy" on S2
>also talked about how Derpy was born and those comunity things like Octavia and Vinyl and Lyra's plushie
>after that i actually wanted to know more about the show
>i learned about the characters (mane6 and some background ponies)
>after that i actually decided to watch the show.
i'm glad i've waited to watch the show, since Episode 1 and 2 where horribly bad and until half the S1 the thing didn't get better, but because i actually wanted to go further, i kept looking all episodes, until actual S7
>>
>>30658166
This
>>
>>30658116
I saw it come up one too many times around the end of 2011 and decided to see what the fuss was about. Only took Twilight's "Tell me she's not..." to Pinkie's sudden singing to keep me curious enough to keep going. I had no hope of leaving after that.
>>
>>30658116
looked cute and i was willing to overlook any cringe writing (that's usually present in children's cartoons) for that alone.
>>
File: Bbi3UUgCUAAECfz.jpg (36KB, 545x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bbi3UUgCUAAECfz.jpg
36KB, 545x600px
>>30658116
I jerked off so hard to fluttershy one day that I wanted to learn more about her and character, I ended up watching all 3 seasons.
>>
>>30658116
Because I watched G1.
>>
>>30658116
In early 2011, I was first introduced to the show by a friend of a friend, and a decent sized group all watched the first anthology together on Skype. I figured that with how much effort was put into this hour-long fan-made video, there has to be something to this show. Watched the first episode the next day and haven't looked back since.
>>
I watched this.
I was quite into tf2 back in 2012.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxWVSQ0Gf2k
>>
>>30658116
Was looking for a new show to watch but didn't really know which one so I just dived into the youtube hole to see what i could find. At some point the first episode was in my recommended list and I figured I'd watch it to laugh at how shit it was like the previous shows. Ended up marathoning all 13 or so episodes that were out at the time that same day. I didn't even know there was a huge group of other male fans until I read the comments of one of the episodes.
>>
Why does everyone in this thread talk like this they don't use enough commas or breaks in their sentences so it makes them sound like a total spazz guys learn to talk
>>
>>30658116
Because it was being spammed on /b/.
>>
>>30658116
I was on a forum for webcomic I followed and saw that there was thread that was pretty active. I ignored it for awhile until I went to another forum I was a part of and asked what the hubbub was all about these ponies. They then gave me the basic rundown . I marathoned all the episodes that were all out at the moment in an entire night and the rest is history.

Reason I gave the show a chance was that it reminded me of the old saturday morning block cartoons with it's ensemble cast. It wasn't your typical pony show. It was feminine but not in your stereotypical way for a show for this demographic.
Voice acting, and characters I actually liked.
>>
>>30658116
I've always been into cartoons and I even liked oldscjool pony, but I was pretty skeptical of the new one. At a hotel the only station that aired cartoons was airing pony so I gave it a shot. It quickly ate up my entire life and spare income.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.