[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I used to love this show. I read the comics and bought the merchandise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: Pout.png (249KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pout.png
249KB, 1280x720px
I used to love this show. I read the comics and bought the merchandise too. Now it's 2017 and I haven't even bothered to watch a single episode since the end of season 4. What the fuck happened? Why did ponies become so meh to me?
>>
You stopped watching. Watch the next season and you'll be back
>>
I hope so.
>>
I think the reason why it's hard for me to come back is because there's so many other forms of entertainment out there and mlp just feels like the same thing over and over again.
>>
Unless you are literally mentally ill, it's impossible to do the exact same thing over and over ad nauseum without getting sick of it.

Many, many people on this garbage website are mentally ill because their brains have been melted due to too much Internet. It's not difficult to work out.
>>
File: 1453595311000.png (74KB, 245x415px) Image search: [Google]
1453595311000.png
74KB, 245x415px
>>30657170
Blog it
>>
>>30657170
You got burned out. All the fans I know at this point have taken a break from the show before reengaging
>>
>>30657170
Try watching again and see how you like it.
>>
File: Mod Approved Thread.jpg (65KB, 1000x668px) Image search: [Google]
Mod Approved Thread.jpg
65KB, 1000x668px
>Hourly blog thread
>>
>>30657296
>>30657213
>There are people on this website who tired themselfs out on poni because they decided to only do poni for an extended amount of time
Why? Just watch the show when there are new episodes or you feel like watching an old favorite, same with fan content. Other times, do literally anything else.
>>
>>30657170
Lauren Faust leave, S3 - S7 not cannon, the show is not original anymore.
>>
>>30658523
>is not original anymore
it wasn't from the beginning but your post is even less original
>>
>>30658539
>it wasn't from the beginning but your post is even less original

Please define what do you mean "it wasnt from the beggining"?, are you talking about the first episode of MLP FIM S1 Mare in the Moon part 1 and part 2 suppose to be 13 episode?.
>>
>>30658554
MLP is a franchise that is multiple decades old.
>>
File: wink wink.png (204KB, 507x640px) Image search: [Google]
wink wink.png
204KB, 507x640px
>>30657170
The people who original worked on the show and made it work, either got fired, quit or went to work on the movie.

Then along came Haber to 'appeal to the autistic faggots with overused memes and pop culture references and mary sue OC faggotry'
>>
>>30658443
>>30657170
Kill yourself, you clearly dont spend any time on the board or you'd have seen this thread 100 times this week already and had the decency not to post this same shit again
>>
>>30658570
Hey paul.
>>
>>30658554
literally everything that made this show
everything is inspired or based on X thing that comes up in the mind of the content creator.

If you call from season 3 onwards unoriginal,then nothing in this show is.Originality ended when Disney and the first stories pioneered the way to make episodes.Way too late to innovate because someone had X idea at the time before FiM

to come up with something original is the global result.Mare in the Moon for example is the typical story in which a laughing villain appears and "ooh so edgy and dark" and then,elements and get out.

What ends up original is when you mix the chemistry and charm of the show into a story that accidentally clicks and shines.Season 1,while it didn't have memes,wasn't free of old clichés.

If you can think about something original,then Party of One or Lesson Zero are something that defined comedy drama.

But then you have things like the Equestria Games arc(doesn't fully shine but it's a thing),getting a cliché like Indiana Jones and work with it in the canon Equestria,The Saddle Row Review or the expected AJ parents episode.

Originality shows when you know how to build the base,then make it flow somehow and then,master it combining the right parts ,while putting little details to make it richer.
>>
>>30657170
Haber and Glimmer ruined the magic
>>
>>30658636
This to be quite honest, family matters
>>
>>30658565
>MLP is a franchise that is multiple decades old.
Dude, if you talk about G1 ~ G3½ that mean you are fucking retarded, no one gonna watch that shit.

MLP:FIM become a thing because of Lauren Faust, Brony exist because of Lauren Faust, since I know the different between Cartoon and Anime I stop watching Cartoon, only watch Cartoon if there is nothing else worth to watch, and now because of Lauren faust I got attracted to watch MLP:FIM (Cartoon).

I miss my childhood friend, Donald Duck, Goofy, and Mickey Mouse, Daffy Duck, bugs Bunny, and Yosemite sam that is my only reason back watching "Cartoon" (Nostalgic).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JwUM_L2N4s

Holy shit.

>>30658631
Excuse me, WHAT?

>literally everything that made this show
everything is inspired or based on X thing that comes up in the mind of the content creator.
"content creator", speaking of creator, Lauren Faust is the "Story Creator" also the "Character Design" of the show.

Twilight Become an Alicorn and become a Princess is not even "Come up in the mind of the content creator", how you can call that is Original?.

>If you call from season 3 onwards unoriginal,then nothing in this show is.Originality ended when Disney and the first stories pioneered the way to make episodes.Way too late to innovate because someone had X idea at the time before FiM
Dude just stop, Hasbro, Disney, WB, MGM, or whatever is it, its a company, not related to each other at all, make it simple, and let me tell you what a simple "1 Show tittle = 1 creator = that what I call an original".

The rest of your ideology/argument is really difficult for my brain to take.

As the "Character Designer" Lauren Faust draw/create the characters, as a "Story Designer" Lauren Faust create the universe (Equestria, Everfree Forest, Ponyville,) also the character Trait, Element of Harmony, and their role in the show.
>>
>>30658631
Story Creator and Story Writer, you need to know the difference, the Story Writer cant do anything without the Story Creator (Lauren Faust), because the Story Writer will had no idea what they must write without the content from Story Creator.

Story Boarder will had no idea what to draw without the guide from the Story Writer and the Story Creator.

An Animator cant start to animate if there is no story board to begin with.

The Voice Actor will eat their microphone if there is no Animation to dub, they had no idea how they must sound like without the guidance from the story creator and story writer. is the character shy?, is the character retarded?, is the character drunk?, is the character in panic?, is the character in pain?, is the character sick?.

MLP:FIM still going on without Lauren Faust its because Hasbro have all the component needed to make an animation (Story Writer, Story Boarder, Animator, and Voice Actor), you (viewer) got almost everything episodes to watch, cute ponies, cute ponies talking, and great animation, but not a legit story, because the only legit story is only the story/episode where Lauren Faust still work on the show.
>>
>>30658713
well,to leave it clear

FiM is indeed the end of a creator driven era in animation.Faust left the base of the universe in the first season and a half.Then the writers join to write their stories under an editing revision and then leave.
What came after Faust wasn't under her vision but other minds that put their contribution and then,using it conveniently in a future episode that another writer will follow.

You can say that Season 3 onwards isn't canon to Faust's vision but it is to FiM and the staff.
>>
>>30657170
Only newfags and shitposters still watch the show
>>
>i didn't watch ponies
>but ponies have become meh

What the fuck is this logic?

Can you even begin to justify this sentence?
>>
>>30657170
I think there has been a dip in quality, not as much as other people would make it seem, but there has been. Also, it is a bit repetitive. But I think the major reason, hearing multiple people leaving, is that they've changed as people. A 2010 Anon watching a 2010 show is not going to be the same as a 2017 Anon watching a 2010 show.
>>
>>30658837
I don't play video games anymore, but they're meh to me. I know what OP is talking about. You should too if you ever grew out of anything from childhood and weren't such a manchild.
>>
>>30658812
>You can say that Season 3 onwards isn't canon to Faust's vision but it is to FiM and the staff.

What is the point if the show only canon to.... what? fim? the staff?, DUDE! you are literally just like the person in this video named Pete who claim his pizza is the best because he is the only one who think his pizza is not taste like a dog food..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHmo602vUwM [Embed] [Embed]

>"You can say"
No, not only me, all fans who care about the show all care about Lauren Faust vision, Season 3 onwards isn't canon and its is, what you literally see right now is no more than just 22 minute of animation to marketing a toys.

Even Princess Cadance originally is a Unicorn if not because of Hasbro.

I cant blame you if you still liking the show, animation is made to be watched anyway.
Sarcasm
>>
>>30657170
because you wanted to part of a counter culture in a vain attempt of showing your ideality.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.