[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you like the show to have more adventure episodes, or would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: 1430486801919.gif (72KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1430486801919.gif
72KB, 360x360px
Would you like the show to have more adventure episodes, or would you rather it stay slice of life?
>>
>>30655811
More Slice of Life. FiM isn't really built for adventure. Sure, the lore is there, but everything else about it is suited for Slice of Life.
>>
File: pepe sad.jpg (7KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
pepe sad.jpg
7KB, 228x221px
>>30655811
Would like some sort of overeaching plot for the whole season.
Not every episode have to be about it, but little bits here and there to give the feeling things are moving foward to somewhere.
>>
>>30655811
I just want the show to be about mane6 or atleast CMC.
Not about one shot OCs or something only hardcore bronies care about.
>>
>>30655811
I don't care as long as I still enjoy it
>inb4 doomposters say "but anon its shit now"
>>
File: 1414107592911.png (517KB, 4283x2001px) Image search: [Google]
1414107592911.png
517KB, 4283x2001px
>>30655811
yes.
>>
The show had it's chance at DEEPEST LORE adventure series with friends and it blew it. Too many retcons, missed potential, not enough loose ends to tie into and the 'continuity' in the show is essentially "Hey, remember when that one thing happened in that one episode awhile back?" Rather than something organic or structured.
I'd rather it stay SoL desu.
>>
>>30655952
We've had that nearly every season though.
1 had the gala episodes
3 & 4 had olympics
4 also had the box
5 had Starlight
6 had Starlight again

I have a hunch a lot of seemingly unrelated episodes from 7 are going to tie into the finale, especially the history episodes. If not, it certainly the most consistent thematically with its emphasis on family and legacy.
>>
>>30655811
Both
>>
>>30655811
> A beautiful fantasy world
> Completely wasted on shit SoL crap

The more episodes them release, the more I love the first 2 seasons and the more I resent the replacement staff for fucking up a cartoon that could have been so fucking awesome.
>>
>>30657042
Is the MLP world really that interesting for fantasy? It is pretty generic fantasy or just like our world.
>>
>>30657060
First 2 seasons had all kind of creatures, settings and unique celebrations.
Season 03 onwards turned Equestria into Earth 2.0 and instead of adventures we had Maehattan, boutiques, more boutiques and completely desolated outside shoots when the original seasons made outside shoots full of life by placing ponies doing their stuff while Twilight and company also did their own thing.

If you like what the current staff did to the series, is OK, but if you try to pretend the series is exactly the same as the original seaosns this is when I'm going to call bullshit from your part.
>>
>>30655811
do one then the other, then tie little clues here and there to finale, but as time goes I=on recognize past episodes and expand on them. eventually episodes will be 100% expansion at which point you need to end it but not in a dramatic way.
>>
More Slice of Life episodes with Starlight.
>>
>>30657080
Well I don't think the fantasy element is irredeemable.
>>
>>30657080
>First 2 seasons had all kind of creatures, settings and unique celebrations
We've literally had more of all those things in S3-7 than 1-2 though.
>>
>>30657176
And I don't think the current direction team is entitled to more chances since everything they do never gives any payoff for all the wait and promises leading to it.

A new team could do wonders since by now it's already obvious that the current directing and writing team is not going to get any better than this, much like the IDW comic team already did.
>>
More adventure ones, all these slice of life ones are beginning to feel old and repetitive.
>>
>>30655811
What makes MLP great and awesome is the balance between both SoL and adventure/lore expansion.
So, no. None of them. Harmomy and balance.
>>
>>30657526
This
>>
>>30657526
Im gonna second this
>>
>>30657080
Every new season has introduced more new creatures and fantastical places than the last (excluding S3 of course). What on earth are you on about?
>>
>>30655811
That depends. Will the adventure episodes be more of the writers jerking off over how great Twilicorn and GlimGlam are, or will the Mane Six get to actually work as an ensemble team again?
>>
>>30657672
Probably small-group adventure focusing on 2-3 mane6 members like the vast majority of them.
>>
>>30657816
Something like the cutie map's adventures from season 5 story arc?
>>
File: IhJi_X1o_400x400.jpg (12KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
IhJi_X1o_400x400.jpg
12KB, 240x240px
>>30657526
We need more pony fags, like you!!
>>
>>30657889
Sure. Or Sleepless in Ponyville that mixes it up by including the CMC, or the numerous Daring Do episodes, or Spike's various journeys (some of which have been shit, admittedly).

It would be really strange if they started jerking off over how great Starlight is all of a sudden, that's been something that only shows up once or twice and typically in SoL episodes.
>>
>>30655811
Yes
>>
File: consider.png (305KB, 1090x820px) Image search: [Google]
consider.png
305KB, 1090x820px
Consider the following:
- First of all, stop making slot wasting episodes like "applejack's day off". Such episode is hardly a slice of life and serves nothing here.
- Secondly, if you would go full adventure / deepest lore, then you would have similar stuff like Legend of Galactic Heroes. While everything is greatly explained by narrator, a lot of characters are cardboard characters, because they would not be showcased.
- Thirdly, If you go full slice of life, I'm sure it will go with formula with some of the shows like Friends, HIMYM (haven't watched them, so this is my guess). Even if writers would do wonders it would be frustrating to see M6/7/8 + "some recurrent characters" "interactions permutations", because fantasy world potential is being wasted here.

The point is, keep good ratio of both.

I do agree with motion that a lot of SoLs happens now, but if you will go rapidly with Adventures it will suck too.
>oh look they are going AGAIN somewhere to fix AGAIN some problem

Now let us focus on other things.
- I think it was a mistake to showcase Yaks. Not that Yaks are bad, but there would be good idea to showcase Zebra nation in first step, then introduce Yaks. The order is important. A lot of people would love to learn about Zebras, while Yaks were never mentioned in show at first place. Now anons have impression that Zebras are truly niggers, because no one wants to mention them in show.
- Spike / Scootaloo characters are still begging for background stuff and explanation. You could see Maud, Trixie more than once, while Spike and Scoots are still left behind with proper character progress here.

I believe, that while writers had left a lots of question marks, they somewhat insists to dwell into new things.
That's also a bad thing.
>>
>>30660254
>SoL
>sitcoms
Not the same at all in the slightest.
>>
>>30660270
Ok my mistake. But I had this notion that sitcoms follows formula:
>a certain permutationS of subset of characters are doing some random shit
>>
File: 1492011391427.png (46KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1492011391427.png
46KB, 480x360px
>>30655811
I don't care as long as Poochie gets the boot
>>
>>30660385
Don't you mean the REboot?
>>
Perfect the way it is
I love both and want both

It has a lot of potential for an adventure with a real plot à la airbender, but it also is perfect for stupid SoL stuff and worked with it until now
Also little girls don't want adventures, because they can't follow a cartoon the same way a boy can
>>
>>30657080
t. I don't watch the show
>>
I only watch the show anymore for spike if we're being honest.
>>
>>30660765
>Also little girls don't want adventures, because they can't follow a cartoon the same way a boy can
Lauren will be so ashamed of you...
>>
>>30657526
>>30660254
>>30660765
>radical centrists
>>
>>30660821
I don't give a fuck about what mom would think of this desu
Unlike her I've been around little girls for years now, and I can tell you that they don't give a fuck about cartoons the way I, and certainly you, did
Do they watch it? Yeah
Would they prefer going out and play with their friends? Yes
Would they actually give a fuck about missing out on a finale? No

I remember when I was a kid and I knew that there was a big dbz episode coming, like frieza fight or whatever, I'd tell anyone to fuck off because I wanted to see it, family wanting to see the tv or friends wanting to play soccer or whatever
>>
>>30660839
>if you don't whine then you're a radical centrist
what did he mean by that
>>
>>30660772
t. Hasdrone
>>
>>30660847
>Unlike her I've been around little girls for years now
But have you ever been a little girl?
Because she was, and I'm pretty sure the main reason she created MLP as a series with complex lore (adventure) and deep character development (SoL) was because she, as most people I know, was pissed off by the enormous ammount of low-quality shitload TV networks used (and still use) to offer to little girls.
Basically, girls don't look so interested because they've grown with the mindset that cartoons for little girls are shitty. Just like you, and me, and Lauren. But it doesn't need to be like this forever.
>>
I like the slice of life stuff and usually only involving the main characters.
>>
>>30661022
>have you been
No, indeed, I haven't
Are you implying that all little girls are like her?
Or if 'she' even is the majority?

But to say that the shows for little girls back then were all shit is kinda stupid, if not flat out retarded
Rather, all the 'great cartoons' from back then weren't 'made for boys'
Johnny bravo? Edds? Dexter?

What's a 'cartoon for boy'? Gi Joes? Master of the universe? TMNT?
I mean, they had great cartoons too, sailor moon, card captor sakura (that even boys watched in secret)
PPG?
All those disney movies 'for girls'? Like B&B or little mermaid or the hunchback? How were any of those bad in any way shape or form?
We had shit cartoons, just like they did

It's just that girls don't want to watch cartoons if they can spend their time with their friends Anon

And to get back to my own experiences, here we are, 2017, the 'cartoons for girls' are greater than ever, with MLP, Star vs, gravity falls (even tho you could argue that it's not really made for girls, but my nephews just hate it and the girls love it so idk), ladybug thingy, SU... all of those are great, better than the boy's cartoons even
And still, they don't give a fuck about cartoons if they can watch iCarly (I mean, whatever these sitcoms are called now) or go outside
>>
>>30655811
Moar worldbuild
>>
>>30655811
I liked the first season, which had a pretty comfy mix of slice of life and spice of life. SOL is relational, and adventure is aspirational. It makes the adventures all the more interesting because they're being had by characters we know on a more personal level.
>>
>>30665308
Welcome to the club of radical centrist.
>>
>>30655811

I want more romance and for Fluttershy to become a princess but then to tell Celestia/Luna/Twilight that she doesn't feel like sitting on a throne and thus going back to her humble life.
>>
>>30660952
>Sh.shill!!!!
i bet you unironically call Starlight poochie
>>
>>30656573
>1 had the gala episodes
>3 & 4 had Olympics
>4 also had the box
>5 had Starlight
>6 had Starlight again

Guesses as to what seven has, if any?
>>
>>30657211
>>30657666
In season 1 and 2 my perception of the MLP universe was a sort of medieval era place with magic, where ponies had no clue what was going on beyond their villages because most of them had no magic dragon letters. I used to think (for lack of provided lore) that the Everfree forest was the edge of a great unknown beyond beyond which maybe there were zebras. Instead it turns out the Everfree forest is just a wooded area near a Canterlot suburb and on the other side is the Vanhoover Walmart parking lot.
Meanwhile Twilight is already king of the world and has a map which holographically displays the ends of the earth so that it feels like there are no more mysterious far way lands or dark forests to explore.
Consider the Daring Do episodes. The first one was a story about a mythical mare in a far away jungle with other strange creatures. The second one was about walking across Equestria and to the jungle in like one day and meeting the not so mythical mare. The third one was a meta commentary on criticizing children's entertainment programs in which we visit a convention with body pillows for sale. What bothers me isn't that Daring Do is real but that instead of having arduous journeys to far away lands and discovering ancient magic rituals and unheard of creatures we went to the mall.
It's not enough to nominally introduce a yak and griffon kingdom, there has to actually be something to find when you get there instead of stick huts and violent aboriginals.
>>
The first two seasons had great fantasy elements because it had Lauren doing all these amazing creatures and character designs. No one would give a shit about this show without Lauren's pony design which is not only visually appealing but also well suited to the production of the show (Flash animation). Lauren also fleshed out the world by showing us what other creatures existed and what they looked like.
>>
>>30666403
This is a discussion thread about the merits of adventure vs slice of life. Not a Lauren dick sucking thread.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.