[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>decide to start watching S7 since new eps are about to start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 26

File: Screenshot (52).png (2MB, 1776x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (52).png
2MB, 1776x1000px
>decide to start watching S7 since new eps are about to start again
>this shit
HOLY FUCK SHE LITERALLY NEVER LEARNS!
>>
>>30643006
Why would she ever need to learn when there's no punishment for when she screws up?
>>
File: glimmerdress.png (292KB, 566x484px) Image search: [Google]
glimmerdress.png
292KB, 566x484px
>>30643006
Her spontaneous and impulsive nature is part of her charm. She shoots first and asks questions later.
>>
>>30643026
but its the same thing every time.
>>
>>30643006
>HOLY FUCK SHE LITERALLY NEVER LEARNS!
her diehard fans are on the same boat as well.
>>
File: TwilightGrin.png (456KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TwilightGrin.png
456KB, 1280x720px
>Acts on impulse.
>Plans usually backfire.
>Never gets in trouble for her actions beyond a eye roll from her friends/teacher.
>Ends up pulling something out of her ass to save the day.
Reminds me of someone.
>>
>>30643041
Pot and kettle.
>>
>>30643006
>Before she used her magic to control others for her benefit
>In this episode used her magic to help the princesses understand each other to help them become better people
Glimhaters can't be this retarded
>>
>>30643058
Muh Winter Wrap Up though.
>>
File: 1404527179782.png (530KB, 680x1042px) Image search: [Google]
1404527179782.png
530KB, 680x1042px
>>30643058
But Twilights fuckups are many and varied. Starlight eps are always "the central conflict of this ep is caused or exaggerated by cutie mark magic" when the entire fucking pint of adding her to the cast was for her to learn to stop doing that shit.
>>
>>30643082
You aren't supposed to fuck with cutie marks. This is the kind of thing that would have thrown the entire balance of the world off in early seasons.
>>
>>30643034
Well, it's the same in the since of it being, "When panicked or anxious, Starlight quickly goes with her instinct response." But not outside of that. In this instance, she swapped two pony's cutie marks so they could understand eachother better. Not something she's done before. Also, unlike previously, she immediately realizes it was a rash response. But she also follows that up by saying that she still thinks it was a good idea, and it turns out she was right this time; also new.

That's all after-the-fact analysis to me, though. What matters is that her impulsive personality allows for a lot of entertaining episode plots to develop. Complaining that she keeps doing it is like complaining that Chrysalis keeps being evil despite losing, or that Twilight keeps stressing and having OCD. They keep those traits because they serve both narrative and comedic function. Now, if outside of Starlight's presence or personality, you still hate the plot for her episodes, that's another story, but I enjoy them.
>>
>>30643103
>You aren't supposed to fuck with cutie marks
Because that was ever established
>>
>>30643058
>someone
sompony*
>>
File: 1404168056865.png (240KB, 1274x720px) Image search: [Google]
1404168056865.png
240KB, 1274x720px
>>30643112
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oonab4s8Ijk
>>
File: mane7.png (158KB, 380x600px) Image search: [Google]
mane7.png
158KB, 380x600px
As an aside to the ever ongoing Glimmer Wars, I recently showed pic related to my sister, who only casually watches MLP. Her response was to laugh and say
>"I love Starlight! She's such an asshole."
>>
Starlight's surprised reaction to the marks changing back on their own proves that she lied about the 24 hour time limit.

She had the ability to change them back at any time, but she pretended she couldn't because she knew that was the only way the princesses would consider accepting her idea.

The question is: what DID change them back? Did the map do it?
>>
>>30643006
Forget about that. Look at how thick Luna's ass is. Like, damn son.
>>
>>30643006

The point of "Every Little Thing She Does" was about when not to use magic, and "A Royal Problem" was about when to use magic.

Starlight is basically following the same story arc Sunset and Scilight had in Friendship Games and Legend of Everfree.
>>
>>30643006
>Twilight fucks up with cutie marks and has to fix her mistake
>Becomes a fucking princess for it
>this is OK
>Starlight fucks up with cutie marks and has to fix her mistake
>Gets no reward other than being constantly reminded of her mistakes
>Is a karma houdini Mary-Sue for it
Really activates your almonds
>>
>>30643099
Yes, but Starlight is a sperg and her teacher is like, the alpha sperg of sperg castle.
>>
>>30643136
>Did the map do it?
that's the impression I got since her mark had the mission complete thing happen at the same time.
>>
>>30643133
Your sister has good taste in assholes I see.
>>
File: 1427789202025.png (759KB, 3051x2273px) Image search: [Google]
1427789202025.png
759KB, 3051x2273px
>>30643139
>this is OK
No it wasn't. The board saying it wasn't OK was literally the biggest shitstorm of /mlp/ history.
>>
>>30643136
I actually think that was an editing or direction mistake. It seems to me that Starlight's "Im not doing this," line was supposed to be when she saw her own cutie mark glowing afterwards, to which Celestia was supposed to be replying, "I believe that means your mission is complete."
>>
>>30643139
I ran out of almonds at some point and moved on to walnuts.
>>
>>30643127
That was something that was thought to have no solution and Twilight had no idea how to fix it. Starlight knew how the spell that she casted worked and that it would go away in a day.
>>
>>30643159
And this shitstorm with Starlight is headed by the same faggots but with more practice this time.
>>
>>30643150
Looking back to the ending of Cutie Remark and what happens to the time-scroll, it seems like the Map can reverse Starlight's magic when it wants to.
>>
>>30643159
They had no problem with twilight getting rewarded, they had a problem with what twilight was awarded with. If twilight was awarded with a congratulations ceremony and a big fucking statue no one would have gave a shit.
>>
File: IMG_0206.png (557KB, 948x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0206.png
557KB, 948x1080px
She's too cute to stay mad at!
>>
>>30643150
Or swapping cutie marks is the same kind of spell she used to take away cutie marks and without containing them, they naturally go back to their owners.
The map is just a troll with impeccable timing.
>>
>>30643139
And she has to live with Spike.
>>
>>30643082
>>30643139
/thread OP BTFO'd beyond repair.
>>
>>30643139
More like
>Celestia sends Twilight an incomplete spell
>Scroll says to cast it
>Twilight casts it
>Fucks up her friends buttmarks
>Spends the hold day trying to fix them
>Not only does she fix them
>She also completes the spell
>Celestia gives Twilight I know you could do it speech

The difference is, Twilight didn't know what she was doing, and spent the entire day trying to undo what she did. Glimmer know full well what she was doing, and instead of just trying to fix it, she let it wear off in 24hrs.
>>
>>30643279
>spell said to cast it
wrong
>Spends the hold day trying to fix them
She spends the whole day crying until she sings a song to fix it
>Glimmer know full well what she was doing, and instead of just trying to fix it, she let it wear off in 24hrs.
I'm refering to earlier times when Starlight fucked up despite good(ish) intentions. In A Royal Problem, she uses her magic in a way that helps further the plot and move towards a positive end goal. She is terrified of fucking up with her magic that she was on the verge of a mental breakdown, thinking she might of fucked up again.
>>
File: 1450041157715.png (2MB, 9036x9339px) Image search: [Google]
1450041157715.png
2MB, 9036x9339px
>>30643322
She could have not cast the spell and instead of taking the easy way out actually engaged the princesses and had a meaningful exchange of viewpoints. Instead she did what she always does and blasted cutie mark magic everywhere to get what she wants. In the case what she wanted was less self serving than usual, but it was still basically the same concept.
>>
>>30643322
>The spell contained on the last page of this book is Star Swirl the Bearded's secret unfinished masterpiece. [gasps] Ooh! He was never able to get it right, and thus abandoned it. I believe you are the only pony who can understand and rewrite it. Princess Celestia
No, I'm right

>She spends the whole day crying until she sings a song to fix it
And? She still spends all day trying to fix it.

>I'm refering to earlier times when Starlight fucked up despite good(ish) intentions. In A Royal Problem, she uses her magic in a way that helps further the plot and move towards a positive end goal. She is terrified of fucking up with her magic that she was on the verge of a mental breakdown, thinking she might of fucked up again.
And how does this negate what I said? Since Glimmer loves to fuck with cutie marks, and since she changed theirs on purpose, then she should've been able to just undo it.
>>
>>30643340
>Starlight Glimmer and the princesses talk it over instead
What a shit episode that would be. It would literally be the "compromise" scene from Celestial Advice. Also cutie mark magic is sort of glimmers thing.

>>30643352
>No I'm right
It said to rewrite the spell not cast it. If someone tells you to rewrite a script, you don't go ahead and make the entire movie before you rewrite it.

>And how does this negate what I said? Since Glimmer loves to fuck with cutie marks, and since she changed theirs on purpose, then she should've been able to just undo it.
Yeah like I said. Cutie mark magic is glimmers thing. She didn't change it back because she wasn't sure if she did the right thing.
>>
>>30643392
>"Twilight, here is Starswirl's chemical equation in which he was trying to create a cure for aids. The math is clearly wrong, but we're hoping you can finish it."
>"Sure, I'll just make it as it's written for now to see what happens!"
>"Oh fuck, nerve gas! Maybe that was a silly thing to do!"
>>
File: 1449124603544.gif (4MB, 600x334px) Image search: [Google]
1449124603544.gif
4MB, 600x334px
>>30643392
>cutie mark magic is sort of glimmers thing.
Her thing is an affront to nature and nothing less than the rape of a characters very soul.
>>
>>30643392
>It said to rewrite the spell not cast it.
It said that only she could understand it, and how else to better understand a spell than to cast it. To use your script analogy, how do you know a script is shit unless you write it? How do you know a script is good if it's incomplete, and it's given to someone else.

>She didn't change it back because she wasn't sure if she did the right thing.
Then she shouldn't have change their marks in the first place if she was scared of what might happen.
>>
>>30643409
>"I know what will fix this! A song!"
>And then Twilight dies.
>>
>>30643322
>>30643392
>>30643409
>>30643435
MMC was a crime against nature
>>
>>30643418
>It said that only she could understand it, and how else to better understand a spell than to cast it. To use your script analogy, how do you know a script is shit unless you write it? How do you know a script is good if it's incomplete, and it's given to someone else.
>>30643409 has an analogy works alot better. Casting a spell when you don't know what it could do, a spell which could litterally do almost anything, is an extremely reckless thing to do.

>Then she shouldn't have change their marks in the first place if she was scared of what might happen.
At the time she thought her plan was solid, but over time her insecurities started to get the best of her.
>>
>>30643082
>>30643112
>>30643166
It's additionally a matter of state security being abruptly violated by someone who acted against Equestria's interests in the past, which would therefore be grounds for execution. I pray for a PG-14 or an R rating.
>>
>>30643468
>punishment in equestria
If you say you're sorry the maximum penalty is literally just a slap on the wrist.

Then again if you're unapologetic you are literally sent to hell.

Equestria's laws are wierd.
>>
>>30643451
> has an analogy works alot better. Casting a spell when you don't know what it could do, a spell which could litterally do almost anything, is an extremely reckless thing to do.
It was a reckless thing to do. A reckless thing that Celestia counted on Twilight doing just to see if she could undo it. And she did.

>At the time she thought her plan was solid, but over time her insecurities started to get the best of her.
There are better ways to fix the problems of the two sister than changing their cutie marks. It was an impulse thought, and she only worried about it after it was said and done.
>>
>>30643490
>It was a reckless thing to do. A reckless thing that Celestia counted on Twilight doing just to see if she could undo it. And she did.
There are better ways to fix the spell than casting it right away. It was an impulse thought, and she only worried about it after it was said and done.

>There are better ways to fix the problems of the two sister than changing their cutie marks. It was an impulse thought, and she only worried about it after it was said and done.
It was a reckless thing to do. A reckless thing the map counted on Starlight doing that would teach the sisters faster than talking. And she did.

Look, I can do it, too.
>>
>>30643006

Regardless of why Starlight did it, it was because she was the only one who could do it that it worked in the end. Her magic allows her to literally let you walk in another's shoes.

Not a big fan of her, but you gotta admit that pony's got skills.
>>
>>30643490
>It was a reckless thing to do. A reckless thing that Celestia counted on Twilight doing just to see if she could undo it. And she did.
You're assuming alot here. And according to Larson there was a cut scene where Celestia more or less says "What the fuck have you done"

>There are better ways to fix the problems of the two sister than changing their cutie marks. It was an impulse thought, and she only worried about it after it was said and done.
Like I said before, talking it out would make for a shitty episode that would basically be the compromise scene from celestial advice. Also starlight did attempt to reason aith them some before casting freaky friday on them. It didn't work.
>>
File: 1406909547417.png (195KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1406909547417.png
195KB, 500x370px
>>30643513
>it was because she was the only one who could do it
Twilight can do this very thing. She doesn't because the last time she did it was a huge disaster and she learned from her mistake. Unlike Glim Glam.
>>
>>30643513
Why did they need to switch Cutie Marks again? Why couldn't they just do each other jobs for a day?
>>
>>30643550
Which is why Twilight couldn't have done it, and why the map sent Starlight instead.
>>
>>30643562
Twilight did most of the big magic without the other princesses marks before, but has anyone beside Luna done dreamwalking? It might be tied to her mark more than her other powers.
>>
>>30643109
Sorry, but Starlight was never needed for that episode
It should have been Twilight
>>
>>30643562
Because apparently entering the dream realm is tied to the cutie mark. Recall Luna telling Celestia she couldn't help her resolve the nightmare because she didn't have the cutie mark. I suppose Luna could have just drug Celestia with her for an evening, but Celestia would've just been watching her sister resolve things like she's been doing, making it look easy, rather than have experienced how difficult it is for herself.
>>
>>30643568
You don't understand the difference between couldn't and wouldn't, or the fact that she shouldn't.
>>
>>30643138
>basically following the same story arc Sunset and Scilight had in Friendship Games and Legend of Everfree.
lol, no
>>
>>30643583
Twilight was only added to the episode to make the point of why it needed to be Starlight. She spent the whole episode freaking out and doubting everthing Starlight was doing for the express purpose of making it clear to viewers why Starlight was sent instead of her.
>>
>>30643006
I know right? It's like watching the same episode over and over and over AND OVER AND OVER AND-[gunshot]
>>
>>30643138
That theory only makes sense if Glimmer purposefully used magic in Royal Problem, which she didn't. She panicked and got lucky, and that doesn't teach someone when it's okay to use magic.
>>
>>30643581
All of Ponyville did some dream bullshit against the Tantabus, but I don't think that counts.

>>30643586
Ay, fair enough.
>>
>>30643562
Technically they could. But with her own magic celestia couldn't enter dream
>>
File: 1471652064120.jpg (215KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1471652064120.jpg
215KB, 750x750px
>>30643598
One of Twilights batshit crazy schemes to get the sisters to understand each other would have been better than
>lol just force them with magic.
>>
>>30643583
Twilight wouldn't have been so rash.

Why am I defending Starlight again?
>>
>>30643619
>Twilight attempts to do both of the Princesses jobs to give them enough free time to solve their issues.
>It doesn't work, and they have to work together to fix everything in time for the next morning.

I'd watch it.
>>
>>30643619
Twilight would be too pussy to do anything to the princesses. I doubt she would even let herself even consider they are having a friendship problem.
>>
>>30643605
Then why was she able to explain how what she did would help the second after she cast it?
>>
>>30643592
The anon you were responding to was making the point that only Starlight could accomplish the task. Your argument didn't invalidate that, it only agreed that Twilight had the ability, but not the will to. I was pointing out that your argument was therefore not an argument, because since Twilight WOULDN'T have done it, she COULDN'T have been the one to accomplish the task. You're arguing semantics, not the topic.
>>
>>30643632
>princesses are alone
>don't do shit because they wouldn't acknowledge the problem on there own
>twilight fucks up and dies
The End.
>>
>>30643598
Twilight would have convinced the sisters to switch their own marks (they moved their own magic, and my extension their CMs, into Twilight)
it would have also made Twilight see Celestia and Luna as equals rather than superiors like always
>>
>>30643641
Twilight could could do it, the task wasn't to solve the problem with cutie mark magic, it was to solve the problem. Twilight would have employed other means like >>30643632

>>30643651
Rests on the notion the the princesses would be so pig headed stubborn that they would ignore Twilight even if her efforts lead to dire peril. Unlikely.
>>
>>30643668
>>30643674
The problem is, you assume twilight would be willing to take these leaps on her own, which she wouldn't.
>>
>>30643511
That's cute. But can you do better?

>>30643516
Not really
>You did something today that's never been done before. Something even a great unicorn like Star Swirl the Bearded was not able to do, because he did not understand friendship like you do. The lessons you've learned here in Ponyville have taught you well. You have proven that you're ready, Twilight.
Celestia counted on her casting the spell. And Larson's script isn't what we got. If MMC wasn't fucked with you would have a point.

>Like I said before, talking it out would make for a shitty episode that would basically be the compromise scene from celestial advice.
Taking it out wouldn't compromise anything. Celestial Advice wasn't about her not using magic on impulse, it was to reward her for learning the friendship lessons. Every little thing she does was about not casting magic on others, and All bottle up was about not using magic to solve problems without thinking what might happen. If anything A Royal Problem compromises those episodes.
>>
>>30643689
Because Twilight has never taken on more responsibility than she can handle for the sake of helping others before.
>>
File: IMG_6490.png (832KB, 620x880px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6490.png
832KB, 620x880px
>>30643006
But shes so cute!
>>
>>30643689
twilight actually remembers the shit that happens to her so she would have remembered the CM magic that was done to her in S4 and would have suggested a time limit
all the info she got about the situation was from Starlight
if Twilight had actually been there, she would have come to the CM switch conclusion that Starlight did, but obviously executed it differently
>>
>>30643695
Again, nothing in there implies twilight was supposed to cast the spell.

>Taking it out wouldn't compromise anything. Celestial Advice wasn't about her not using magic on impulse, it was to reward her for learning the friendship lessons. Every little thing she does was about not casting magic on others, and All bottle up was about not using magic to solve problems without thinking what might happen. If anything A Royal Problem compromises those episodes.
Funny how you didn't acknowledge that starlight did attempt to talk it out like I said. Also no, the episode was about how starlight can use her cutie mark magic thats pretty much exclusive to her, to help people, a complete 180 from what she used it for when she was first introduced and in the s5 finale. ELTSD was about not using magic for selfish means, and ABU was about being able to express her emotions instead of using magic to try and fix everything, all important steps towards improving starlight as a person. Pony. You know what I'm getting at.
>>
File: plotting.gif (161KB, 587x521px) Image search: [Google]
plotting.gif
161KB, 587x521px
>Glimmer fans insist multiple times that only Starlight could do this only with her cutie mark magic

>Twilight fans present multiple ways she could have handled the situation with or without magic

Almond status indeed.
>>
This thread began as everyone debating on if Starlight using magic to solve the problem was rash and/or repetitive. But at some point, it seems to shifted gears to whether or not Twilight should have been in the episode instead, and we're now re-writing the episode to make it work with a different character. What is even the point? Is it just ass-blasted glimmerhaters? Glimmer's impulsive nature gave a quick way to get the plot going without the need for a diplomatic discussion taking up screentime, and allowed progression of Twilight's mentor subplot as she oversaw her student tackling a task. Any episode or moral could be re-written to work with any character, but does anyone actually have a good reason to swap out characters in the episode?

As is, this episode shows that Glimmer's methods sometimes have some merit, reverses the scenario of ELTSD in that instead of messing up but not noticing, she did the right thing but doubts herself, adds to Twilight's mentor arc, sets up Starlight's dynamic with the princesses (outside of her brief bit with Luna in TWABA), and Starlight's self-doubt provided an easy nightmare setting. Swapping her for Twilight wouldn't seem to add anything but Twilight mentoring the other princesses a bit, which would be nice, but that's not the arc she's on now, and it's not worth the rest of the trade-off to me.
>>
>>30643729
>>30643709
Like I said, Twilight wouldn't get to that point. Do you think twilight, the twilight from Swarm of the Century, Lesson Zero and No Second Prances, who has panic at the mere thought of letting celestia down, would do anything that would involve being critical of her?
>"Gee Celestia, you sure are shit at being friends with your sister. Let me show ya how its done"
>>
>>30643785
>but does anyone actually have a good reason to swap out characters in the episode
it's been listed several fucking times, you flaming sack of glimshit
>>
>>30643785
>whether or not Twilight should have been in the episode instead

I think that happened because
>every glimmer episode is the same
>what could have been done to make it different?
>nothing with glimmer because that would require her to stop doing this same fucking thing over and over
>they should have used Twilight instead.
>>
>>30643800
No good reason was given that didn't over complicate things, rewrite the episode to be worse or make characters OOC.Also nice job straw manning >>30643785 's entire argument.
>>
>>30643799
She would have lied, something she does often, and told the princesses the map wanted them to go someplace with a 'problem' and done everything in her power to distract them so they could have some quality time together, and Canterlot would have fallen apart because Twilights attention was divided and she was trying to do too much at once. Then the princesses would work together to solve the problems and learn something about each other and have a resolution.
>>
>>30643779
More like
>Twifags rewrite the episode to be complete just so they can give their waifu more screentime.
>>
Twilight didnt need to be in the episode either, the princesses have already shown to be capable of giving their magic to other ponies.
We could have had 50% more princess time in that episode.
>>
>>30643831
as if twilight doesn't have enough of that already
>>
>>30643799
>Implying she wasn't critical of the princesses in the episode itself
>"The last time something like this happened, Luna transformed into Nightmare Moon, and Celestia had to banish her for a thousand years! You can't let that happen again, Glimmer."

Twilight isn't stupid. If she thinks something bad is going to happen, she's going to do everything she can to prevent it. That was the entire point of It's About Time.
>>
File: yes and.jpg (10KB, 134x207px) Image search: [Google]
yes and.jpg
10KB, 134x207px
>>30643831
>>
>>30643826
The problem wasn't needing to spend time together, it was not respecting or appreciating each others jobs. Also the twilight in that summary is horribly out of character.
>>
>>30643831
Sorry, complete SHIT. rewrite the episode to be complete SHIT.
>>
>>30643765
>Again, nothing in there implies twilight was supposed to cast the spell.
If you can't tell that was Celestia's plan all along, then we are done with this.

>Funny how you didn't acknowledge that starlight did attempt to talk it out like I said.
Why address something that you're right about? She still impulsed to cutie mark magic, and got worried about the after math only after it was done.

>the episode was about how starlight can use her cutie mark magic thats pretty much exclusive to her, to help people, a complete 180 from what she used it for when she was first introduced and in the s5 finale.
You talking about a Royal Problem, not Celestial Advice

>ELTSD was about not using magic for selfish means,

>Twilight Sparkle: What made you think that casting a spell on your friends to do your bidding was even remotely a good idea?
>Starlight Glimmer: Well, when you put it that way, it sounds really bad.
>Twilight Sparkle: That's because it is really bad!
>Believe me, I know. What I did was wrong, a-and I can't take it back. You're right to be upset, and I hope one day I can make it up to you. But all I can say is... I'm sorry. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've gotta go clean the castle covered in wet cake batter and spiders.
ELTSD was about not using magic on others

1/2
>>
>>30643858
>ABU was about being able to express her emotions instead of using magic to try and fix everything,

>Starlight Glimmer I'm really... mad at you. You lost Twilight's map table. You make jokes like it's no big deal. It's like you don't even care you could get me in a lot of trouble. If we can't find that table, Twilight's never going to trust me again, and the worst part is you didn't even say you were sorry!
Trixie: I... I-I'm sorry. I had no idea you felt that way.
Starlight Glimmer: Yeah! I do! But to be fair, I don't know how you could have known. I did a spell and bottled up my anger, but when the bottle broke, it infected these three. I'm really sorry. I used magic so I wouldn't use magic. I should have guessed that would backfire.

ABU was about trying to use magic as a cure all, but she didn't think it could backfire and it did.
>>
>>30643840
Thats not critical, thats overly cautious and fearful to the point she is too afraid to do anything. Also, thanks for pointing out some in-episode proof twilight wouldn't fit the bill for that episode.
>>
>>30643874
>proof twilight wouldn't fit the bill for that episode
lol, no
they did it just to make twilight look stupid and make you THINK that Starlight was a good choice
it's nothing but Vogel shoving his shitty "Alicorn" OC down our throats and some of you are actually retarded enough to ask for more of the thing that's ruining the show right now
>>
>>30643718
NOOOOOOO
>>
>>30643858
>If you can't tell that was Celestia's plan all along, then we are done with this.
Her plan was for twilight to fix the spell. There is no proof celestia wanted twilight to cast it and potentially fuck up her friends lives forever.

>You talking about a Royal Problem, not Celestial Advice
Yes and?

ABU and ELTSD were also meant to be shown how her magic could be used wrong in different ways, that way she can use her magic in ways ton help others like in A Royal Problem.
>>
File: 715980.png (347KB, 714x418px) Image search: [Google]
715980.png
347KB, 714x418px
>>30643082
>if you have good intentions you can do literally whatever you want and it's OK
Glimmerfags can't be this retarded
>>
>>30643913
they like Glimmer
that should have been your first clue
>>
>>30643897
>Vogel
>Alicorn "OC"
oh your just a shitposter. To think I was about to reply with an argument with effort in it.

Fuck it i'll bite

So then why did you use it as an example of proof twilight is critical of the princesses if she's OOC? Seems counterproductive.

>>30643913
I fucking dare you to find ONE character who was punished AFTER they showed regret or said sorry. If you hate that, then you hate how equestria works, not glim.

>>30643919
Nice argument
>>
>>30643913
Hitler legitimately did nothing wrong and the likelihood of the holocaust and the statistics related to it being correct are nil.
>>
I personally think this should have been an Applejack episode. She always gets the shit episodes because all the important plots are given to "fan favorites," and this is just another example. All this talk about which unicorn can cast cutie mark magic. But have any of you considered that Applejack is one of the few mane 6 that actually HAS a sister? She could relate more easily to the sibling rivalry. Moreover, the princesses have no reason to not appreciate the other's work. Luna's only recently completed an arc of repentence for not having appreciating her sister before, and Celestia had to endure 1000 years without her sister. Younger siblings, like Rarity and Sweetie Belle would have been a better choice. As a filly, SB wound't understand the time Rarity's job requires, as shown in Forever Filly, and Rarity could be so task-oriented that she doesn't appreciate her sister's attention. After they begin fighting, Applejack could talk about her own sibling relationship to them! Neither could really spend a day in the other's life, but instead they could argue about how to spend their time, like at work versus some fun event. In the end, Rarity would appreciate that he sister wanted to spend time with her, and they could compete in the event alongside the Apples, showing that they now have a healthy sibling bond.
>>
>>30643904
>Her plan was for twilight to fix the spell. There is no proof celestia wanted twilight to cast it and potentially fuck up her friends lives forever.
She had to cast it to undo it anon. That's the point, the whole thing was a test, and Twilight passed it.

>Yes and?
Your point of it compromising Celestial Advice when the episode had nothing to compromise is my point.

>ABU and ELTSD were also meant to be shown how her magic could be used wrong in different ways, that way she can use her magic in ways ton help others like in A Royal Problem.
And that is all well and good, but the morals of the episodes are clear, and A Royal Problem compromises those morals. Just like you bring up celestia not wanting twilight to fuck up her friends lives forever, glimmer could've easily fucked up everyone's' lives forever.
>>
>>30643149
>the alpha sperg of sperg castle.

died irl
>>
>>30643954
That actually makes a good amount of sense. Although I prefer what we got sense its an episode where glimmer doesn't fuck up for once, thats actually a different way the episode could of went that still made sense.

Good on you anon. I like the way you think.

>>30643967
>She had to cast it to undo it anon. That's the point, the whole thing was a test, and Twilight passed it.
although the way she fixed the spell was only possible by casting it, celestia nor anyone else had no way of knowing that. It was literally luck that she didn't fuck up

>And that is all well and good, but the morals of the episodes are clear, and A Royal Problem compromises those morals. Just like you bring up celestia not wanting twilight to fuck up her friends lives forever, glimmer could've easily fucked up everyone's' lives forever.
ABU and ELTSD are bad examples of using magic to solve your problems, ARP is a good example of using magic to fix a problem.
>>
>>30643674
She likely wouldn't have the propensity or inclination to approach it in that manner.
If she wouldn't have done the task as a result of emotional rejection and pursuit of alternative, it's a safe assumption that her inability to initiate the task would prevent her from being capable of completing it.
>>
>>30644005
This is my last post for now. I need to get some sleep. >>30644008 argue with this guy instead. He seems smart.
>>
>>30644017
Kay, night anon. I'll make may last post, then I'm done

>It was literally luck that she didn't fuck up
The same could be said for glimmer, since no one know what could happen in 24hrs

>ABU and ELTSD are bad examples of using magic to solve your problems, ARP is a good example of using magic to fix a problem.
Yes, you're right, but those episodes should've made glimmer pause before changing their marks, or atleast asked them before doing it.
>>
>>30643927
>So then why did you use it
wasn't me

Vogel loves that piece of purple shit, he even identifies with her a lot of the time and even has gone on the record as saying as much
I say alicorn OC because that is what she is
an OC teir character with a shitty backstory (muh fwend moved away) and miraculously gains the same level of power as a damn alicorn
it's fucking stupid NOT to call her an "alicorn" OC
she was able to move/remove CMs, which all but lobotomized the ponies, and the only ones who ever did anything like that was that spell in MMC (which was written by THE most powerful unicorn ever) and the 3 ALICORN princesses
she was great as a villain (minus the shit BG story) but she's complete trash as a "redemption" character

she's not a main character (and never will), she's barely a secondary character
she almost never interacts with the rest of the main6 (you know, the MAIN characters of the show) outside of Twilight
the only reason why she's even in the movie is so it dates it to be taking place during or post S6

I bet you that Vogel sucked some Hasbro dick to get Starlight a toy in the movie toy line
unless she has some significant role in the movie we don't know about, why else would she get a movie toy but other PROVEN fan faves didn't?
she has maybe 8 toys and has been in the show for almost 3 seasons
>>
>>30644045
Who am I kidding I was too autistic not to see if you'd reply, besides I can pretty much agree here. Starlight didn't handle her situation with the cutie mark switch perfectly, but it does show she has improved quite a bit compared to her previous endeavors, which is a very good direction for her to go in. I'll leave it at that because I think we're more or less on the same page at this point. Also I am tired and I have shit to do tomorrow. Good night anon. Its nice to argue with someone who isn't a shitposter, so thank you for that
>>
>>30644081
I hope you die in your sleep and never go to Equestria
>>
>>30644073
>an OC teir character with a shitty backstory (muh fwend moved away) and miraculously gains the same level of power as a damn alicorn
*tier

>she almost never interacts with the rest of the main6 (you know, the MAIN characters of the show) outside of Twilight
*mane6
>>
>>30644088
D:
>>
File: shiggy.png (43KB, 502x284px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.png
43KB, 502x284px
>>30643006
>decide to start watching S7
>fan of the fandom doesnt like glimmer
really activates my almonds
>>
>>30644073
writers all have their favorite characters. who cares.
all the characters have shitty backstories. its impossible to name a single defining a moment that turned you entirely into the person you are today. it was a cascade of decisions and events, not a single one. her friend leaving may have been a trigger point, but it was not the first and last event that led to who she is today.
shes not an alicorn, she simply wields magic with finesse as is shown by her ability to combine complex spells like its commonplace.
she has never removed anyones talents, shes only ever been able to exchange them and they kept all their memories. twilight rewrote time in her friends minds and actually made them trade existences.
youre welcome to your opinion on how much you like her.

as for her character interactions, its about the same level as the CMC. she has her own adventures that may or may not include the m6. its nothing new.

because other proven fan faves are background ponies, not close-tied characters. are you actually upset hasbro isnt pandering to you or other bronies?
>>
>>30644124
her friend leaving may have been a trigger point, but it was not the first and last event that led to who she is today.
canonically, it is

>she has never removed anyones talents
why couldn't the ponies do anything but the major bland clothing, food and such?
AJ lost her country-isms, Fluttershy lost her ability to communicate with animals, RD lost her speed, etc
if they try to do anything remotely towards their CM talent, they got the "shivers" or whatever you want to call it that "corrected" their thinking about their talent back to them being bland at it

for starlight, it literally WAS because her friend moved away that made her decide to hate CMs and remove them from the ponies in Equestria

Hasbro is pandering to Vogel
I'm also saying that she has no right to be part of a movie toy line that she has no significant role in

>as for her character interactions, its about the same level as the CMC. she has her own adventures that may or may not include the m6
so you admit that she's a secondary character
in order for her to be a main character, she needs to actually have more than a couple of episodes in which she interacts with the mane6
she needs to be actual friends
she doesn't have the bond that the rest of them share so she can never be a main character that so many of Glimmerfags keep going on about

I find it absolutely stupid that Glimmer "graduated" from Twilight in one season that took Twilight 3 seasons to do (minus the Alicorning) with Celestia
we didn't even see her learn anything about friendship from the mane6, which was the whole fucking point of her becoming Twilight's student
they screwed her redemption arc up and I can't believe people actually defend it
>>
>>30644189
if you mean they didnt show anything else therefore it doesnt exist, thats a petty argument and we both know it. following that line of reasoning we know the m6 had dreams, RD had an orgasm and suddenly they all achieved said dreams.
if you want to have a nice discussion dont be a faggot.

yes, their = qt mark and whatever talents that entailed (which wasnt much). she replaced their talents with those. it may have had some other magic worked into it, but they never explained it.

like i said, it was a trigger for events, but it wasnt the only one. it never works that way unless an event is exceptionally traumatic. like people dont just wake up one morning and become serial killers. its a safe assumption she got to where she is in increments that gradually became more and more sociopathic because she justified it to herself.

hasbro panders to no one. all the writers in all the panels have discussed ideas they submitted and were able to do. from their own words, theyre often surprised at what hasbro lets them get away with.
shes in the movie, therefore she has a movie toy. take it up with marketing.

>admit
if you think im some other anon, that was my first post in this thread.
yes, shes a secondary character in the same vein as the CMC. people over-exaggerate her number of relevant episodes. so all of those arguments about her taking over as the new main character are bullshit.

twilight has no self confidence. she was an autistic shutin for most of her life. she does have natural leadership abilities, but she doesnt think so. thats why it took her so long.
glimmer on the other hand was a leader most of her life so over confidence in herself was her main problem. now shes had a rubberband effect and constantly questions herself due to that giant fuckup in the s5 finale.
you can see the effects in her interactions. shes becoming more confident in friendships since s5.

i enjoyed it, but i can believe some people didnt. to each their own.
>>
>>30643006
Everything always works out for her anyway.
>>
>>30643006
There are plenty of good episodes in S7. You shouldn't have bothered watching that garbage. I know I didn't.
>>
>>30644830
yeah, if you skip Poochie episodes, it's like she's not there at all, but it makes the seasons only 3 episodes long
>>
>>30644115
>waiting until mid season hiatus is over makes you a fan of the fandom
wat?
>>
>>30644115
>fan of the fandom
>watching the show at all
>>
>>30643063
Poochiefag detected
>>
>>30645677
Starlight has only had 13 total episodes with a speaking role in season 6 and 7 combined. If you count 2 parters as one episode, she's only in 11 episodes with a speaking role.
>>
>>30643006
Sometimes I think Glimmer should have been given a life sentence in the Crystal dungeon located under Canterlot.
>>
>>30646022
wnat do you think the other times?
>>
>>30643006
This is how a quality of show writing has become. Well considering the show's original intent was altered and they need to milk out story ideas. Same thing goes with CMC's cutiemark and a map table
>>
>>30645720
AGA detected
>>
File: swing and a miss.png (24KB, 425x404px) Image search: [Google]
swing and a miss.png
24KB, 425x404px
>>30646012
>he actually counted them
>>
>>30646057
>implying I didn't just google it
>>
>>30646039
The show's original intent was to sell toys. The shows intent now is to sell toys. The only difference then was when they introduced a toy then it was "world building" and now its "Hasjew and Vogel meddling" but everyone is too blinded by nostalgia to realize the show has always worked like that.
>>
>>30646070
Then why do we even bother with mlp if its always been such a shitshow?
>>
>>30646151
Its not as bad as people may want you to think. The worst they've done is replaced a location or changed a characters design. Compare that with shows like transformers where they will kill off entire casts and completely rewrite character designs and personalities for the sake of making a new toy.
>>
>>30646151
>such a shitshow
Well, no-one's asking you to stay Anon

I bother because I love the show, I love the characters and I love this place and the fandom's content
If you don't... well that's your problem

But he's right that the show has ALWAYS been a glorified toy commercial, the exact same way the GI-joes and master of the universe cartoons worked
Difference is that we have great VAs, great songs, good animations and a 'little something special that no other show has' being that they're cute pastel talking horses
>>
>>30643006
It's the only interesting character trait she has, Anon. If they take away her fuckups and make her stop fucking around with cutie marks, then she make an even more boring protagonist.

>>30643012
Creator's pet doesn't GET punished. That would be acknowledging that she has flaws.
>>
>>30643006
I'm picturing the last episode of season 7 where Glimmer fucks with the princess's cutie marks again (only this time all 4 of them), and when she finally falls ass-backwards into the solution to fix it all, her hindquarters start to glow. When the light fades, everypony looks at Glimmer: she has wings and her cutie mark has been replaced by an amalgamation of the sun, moon, magic, and love. Everypony stomps their hooves and cheers, fade to black, end credits.
>>
>>30646758
Piss off, Vogel
No one likes your shitty OC
>>
>>30646713
Name one character who showed remorse for their fuck ups that got punished. If not getting punished makes you a creators pet, that means almost all the main characters are creators pets.
>>
>>30643058
At least you admit that Glimmer is a shitty Twilight clone. Just like Sunset.
>>
>>30646779
Don't try to deny it Anon. This is the future you chose. Get ready for Princess Glimmer, high queen of Equestria.
>>
>>30646785
Twilight shouldn't get any sort of credibility for being a shitty Mary Sue first. They are all shit.
>>
>>30646785
Why do all the shitty characters have names that are all different ways to say "Twilight Sparkle"?
>>
>>30643598
>She spent the whole episode freaking out and doubting everthing Starlight was doing for the express purpose of making it clear to viewers why Starlight was sent instead of her.

>The main character's new purpose is to behave in a way that shows off how awesome and better the new character is
no kidding
>>
>thread is just antiglim fags circlejerking and ignoring arguments
>only 35 posters
Holy shit. Here I thought the vocal minority thing was just a meme.
>>
>>30646785
>Just like Sunset
No
>>
>>30643103
Something something Cutie Pox
Twilight even tries giving her one.
>>
>>30646813
>Faustfags shit on newer episodes because Twilight isn't a sarcastic nerds who has freakouts when anything doesn't go as planned like in season 1.
>Episode comes out where Twilight acts in that exact season 1 way while at the same time showing how starlight would be a better fit for the job than Twilight in that situation
>Suddenly that Twilight is OOC and is only made into an actually flawed and relable character to put glimmer on a pedestal
>>
>>30646844
Yeah, and look at what she did. When she isn't fucking around with cutie marks, she's mind controlling other ponies. She shows no remorse for anything she does; she's clearly a sociopath. For fuck's sake, what kind of excuse for stealing cutie marks is "well my friend had a cutie mark and he went away"?
>>
>>30643133
Your sister is probably a shit kid, and her household is bad as well.
>>
>>30646905
You have to remember she was a child. Shit that you would be able to shrug off as an adults would fuck you up if it happened to you as a child. Also, ever since her reformation, after she fucks up she obviously feels like shit and apologies. Go back and watch the end of one of those starlight fucks up episodes if you don't believe me.
>>
>>30646817
welcome to 4chin, enjoy your stay
>>
>>30643006
It's bad writing.
>>
File: how do I shot magik.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
how do I shot magik.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>30646785
Here's your (You)
Sunset actually has traits that make her different from Twilight and likable
>>
File: 96.jpg (50KB, 618x510px) Image search: [Google]
96.jpg
50KB, 618x510px
>>30648069

Not to mention she was properly integrated into the main cast, thereby making her interactions with them feel more natural.
>>
>>30648069
Like?
>>
>>30648084
not only did she interact and integrate with the main cast, she became their leader
>>
>>30646844
For the billionth time while I'm not here. You hasdrones are fucking idiots and will always be wrong. Understand how inferior you are and get the fuck out.
One is written in a quality manner and the other is not. Not like a stubborn moron like you will ever accept that till I literally beat the living shit out of you and force you to view it my way.
>>
>>30643026
...Just like American police officers.

But anyways, that seems to be a general problem with the show. Ponies have retention deficit disorder.
Like they learn a friendship lesson in one episode, only to make a similar mistake later.
Like when Applejack wouldn't accept help and ran herself ragged, then learning to accept help by the end and understanding she didn't have to do everything on her own, then later making similar mistakes in the Last Roundup.
Or when they ignored the animal expert about fruit bats after learning not to question somebody in their field of expertise with Rarity and the gala dresses.

Over all, I think it's mostly just the writers not keeping all previous episodes in mind when writing new ones, leading to inconsistencies, especially in the moral lessons the ponies are supposed to have already learned.
>>
>>30643858
>If you can't tell that was Celestia's plan all along
It wasn't, at least not in the original script. Her response to Twi telling her about it (which was cut) was along the lines of "what have you DONE??"

Source: Larson
>>
File: 1893040.gif (933KB, 452x256px) Image search: [Google]
1893040.gif
933KB, 452x256px
>>30643006
>cousin oliver the OP unicorn causes a problem then """fixes""" it
Sure am looking forward to another season of that
>>
>>30643967
She undid it, but that wasn't the test. Nothing happened after she fixed her friends.

It was only when she completed the spell the elements activated and killed her.
>>
>>30648547
You seem mad. Next time explain why I'm wrong instead of crying.
>>
>>30643099
>the entire fucking pint of adding her to the cast was for her to learn to stop doing that shit.
And the entire point of Twi moving to Ponyville and joining the rest of the cast was for her to stop being a basement-dweller and a sperg.

Learning takes time.
>>
>>30648547
>I'm so butt-blasted that I'll take out all my autistic rage at one anon while still being too blinded to explain how I'm right
ftfy
>>
>>30643718
b
a
l
d
>>
>>30646713
Remember when Rainbow Dash destroyed a cloud factory?
>>
>>30643103
>This is the kind of thing that would have thrown the entire balance of the world off in early seasons.

Considering Celestia managed to move the moon without Luna, not really.
>>
It's things like this that I like to see in /mlp/. Sure, you may argue that the debates and discussions we have are shitty (or equated to shit-flinging) and subpar, but I suppose that's part of the charm.

Starlight Glimmer's decision-making skills aside, something occured to me by the end of the episode.
Didn't Celestia take over Luna's duties for a thousand years while Luna was on the moon? Why would Celestia have trouble doing Luna's responsibilities, if then?

This was probably discussed before, but I wasn't around for over 4 months and had just caught up recently.
>>
File: child-covering-ears1.jpg (43KB, 484x274px) Image search: [Google]
child-covering-ears1.jpg
43KB, 484x274px
>>30646905
>She shows no remorse for anything she does

It's when you guys say stuff like this that I think you go pic related whenever she is on screen.
>>
>>30650539
Celestia took over the moon raising part, but not the dream moderator part. When Luna returned so did the dream moderation and advice, which is what luna does during her night shift.
>>
>>30650539
>Why would Celestia have trouble doing Luna's responsibilities, if then?

Luna's only responsibilities are raising the moon, watching the kingdom while Celestia sleeps, and helping ponies' dreams. The dream part would only be an issue since she never did it before. I took her shaky moon rising as her not being used to her sister's own magic.
>>
>>30650583
>>30650589
Fair points. I suppose there isn't much to go on with this, so I guess the duty shenanigan is justified.
>>
>>30646844
>Implying I can't be a Faustfag and a Glimfag
Suck my sparkly gay weenis.
>>
>>30646151
Because the ride never ends
And seeing things like this hurts
>>
*Super Mario bros 3 theme intensifies*
>>
>>30646449
>No mention of setting/ lore/ potential
Shiteater confirmed. Go watch Littlest Pet Shop.
>>
File: 1500932369919.png (80KB, 191x201px) Image search: [Google]
1500932369919.png
80KB, 191x201px
>>30646817
>Implying Poochie shilling threads are any different.
Feel free to fuck off back to derpibooru. I'm sure your arguments will be greatly appreciated among your Glimturd-loving cronies.
>>
>>30651868
>loreshitter
>watching mlp
it's like you don't even understand what lore is
>>
>>30651894
It's okay, neither does the current writers.
>>
>>30651903
>>>/fimfiction.net/
>>
>>30651889
>"I'm cool because I hate something and told someone to go back to a website. I sure showed him!"
You sound like you'd be right at home on derpibooru yourself, newfriend.
>>
>>30651973
>N-no you!
>Gotcha!
simply ebic my dude.
>>
>>30651985
>Implying >>30651889 wasn't just a "no u" too.
The shitposter giveth, the shitposter taketh away.
>>
>>30652080
>>Implying it wasn't just a "no u" too.
Are you legit retarded or just pretending? If you're gonna meme, at least get your memes right.
>>
>>30652275
>it was't a "no u"
>"implying Poochie shilling threads are any different."
No u, or more specifically, no u too. The rest was just some REEing I just kind of glanced over.
>>
File: disappoint.png (350KB, 573x533px) Image search: [Google]
disappoint.png
350KB, 573x533px
why are you guys still arguing? there was a decent discussion and now its just devolved into idiocy.
>>
>30646785

Unlike Glimfam and Twilight, didn't Sunset actually face some consequences for her actions?

Not as bad as the consequences the Dazzlings faced, seeing as apparently they were sent to the shadow realm, but hey ho.
>>
>>30652390
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rHqOkmZ_lc
>>
>>30652379
>No u, or more specifically, no u too.
You were talking about threads. Are you a thread or something? Literally, what's your major malfunction.
>>
>>30652437
>what's your major malfunction.
I argue with shitposters about childrens cartoons while simultaneously producing shitposts as well.
Thread posts: 192
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.