[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Miracle CYOA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: 459 - Title card.png (274KB, 1113x1302px) Image search: [Google]
459 - Title card.png
274KB, 1113x1302px
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This is still a small miniquest to Miracle that requires no prior knowledge to be played.
-----------------------------
> Catch up at https://www.anonpone.com/miracle
> Last thread: >>30396472
-----------------------------
In the last thread, Sparkle helped us descend... and was greatly exhausted in the process by the strange effect that crossing room has. Now we are searching something for her to eat, and in the process we found an oddly friendly dragon and a machine which seems to have issues with energy.
>1/2
>>
File: file.png (10KB, 877x446px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
10KB, 877x446px
I search some kind of opening in the machine, and after some rummaging realize that the keyboard can be pulled out like a drawer. On it's side are five buttons, each with a number besides it:

>Sanity check:
>Regardless of the situation, this is extremely important and delicate machinery. If you open it, do so with a cool head.
>Select the one which doesn't fit:
>2 3 5 6 7
>Any wrong try will block the hatch for ten minutes.

>2/2
>>
>>30640531
>>
File: IMG_4915.gif (469KB, 512x807px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4915.gif
469KB, 512x807px
>>30640502
Who's the orange pony in the picture?
>>
>>30640648
Applejack. It's cammy's fursona.
>>
>>30640622
I press the third button. It flashes red, several pieces of machinery clicking inside the keyboard drawer, and when I try to open it further it doesn't budge.
>>
>>30640792
Head back and check on sparkle.
>>
>>30640826
This.
>>
File: 461.png (115KB, 637x803px) Image search: [Google]
461.png
115KB, 637x803px
>>30640826 >>30641599
I give a last tap to the drawer and give up, cringing before I cross the ice-cold waterfall again. Let's hope I don't catch a cold now...
I am still trembling when I reach the room with the precipice, and stare at the rope I left hanging for a moment.
"How did you get across." I ask aloud.
"What?" The dragon gives me a confused look, "I jumped. What's wrong with Twi?" He points at Sparkle, who is cowering from him in a corner. "She looks scared sick."
>>
>>30641966
Amnesia.
>>
>>30642040
"We don't know who you are!" I shout across the gap, "You can't just pop up like we do."
"You don--" His mouth opens like an O, "Ooooh amnesia."
"Yes."

"Alright, Twi?" He turns to her and lifts his hands, showing that he's unarmed. "See the gloves? It's so that i don't hurt you. And see this?" He turns them, showing her the back of his hands, "it's your cutie mark, see?"

She looks at her flank and then at me, and it's with some hesitation that I nod. It's not like there's much of a choice here.

Sparkle nods at him, letting him approach and grab her head softly to look directly into her eyes, "Twi, what happened? Can you remember anything at all...?" He turns her head slightly, "Why aren't you an alicorn? What--" He snaps his head closer to hers, looking deep into her eyes, "Your magic is so much weaker than it should be."

"I--" Sparkle gulps, breathing quickly, "I don't know, b-but I feel so weak and I get tired so fast."

"Calm down, we can do this together," He says soothingly, brushing her mane with a palm, keeping her claws away from her neck. "Alright, we were in Surane, and Applejack was passing by it... first time in like a year we met her, took a photo and everything. Any of this sounds familiar?" He smiles, but she shakes her head, "Alright, and then..." His face darkens, "And there was a fight? And you... And I was fighting with something. Do you remember any of it?" She shakes her head again, seemingly almost in tears, "And then I..." He falls completely silent, furrowing his brow.

"What?" Ask Sparkle weakly.

"I... can't have died, right?" He touches his face, his chest, gulping. "I'd know if I was dead."
>>
>>30642543
I have amnesia. What are you asking me for? I know less than you.
>>
>>30642543
Maybe we all died.
>>
>>30642622 >>30642753
"Stop asking ME questions." I snap. "Well for all I know we are all dead!"

"What? No, that's silly." He snaps out of his dread with a snort. "Twi can't just, die. And knowing you you'd just say nope to death and come right back because you have chores left." He says mater of factly. "It must be some bad dream that I am getting all mixed up. So, why does Twi look like a truck ran over her."

"Stop calling me that." Protests Sparkle.

"What?" The dragon is confused by the small outburst, "It's your name. Twilight Sparkle, plus more titles that care about. Oh, and you," He points at me. "Applejack. And I am Spike."

I shake my head with a sigh, "There wasn't any way to come down here, so she levitated a ladder with us."
"That's it?" He gives Sparkle a surprised look.
"There's something with some doors too. Like you are freezing."

"And it happened when she was coming down?" He looks up the tunnel, "I can climb this. But what were you doing there?" He gestures at the passage behind me.

"Some weird lock I didn't figure out." I disregard it.
"You sure you don't want to give it another go?" He grabs the rope from the floor, "Yeah, gimme a sec and I'll pull you two up with this."

"I am hungry." Protests Sparkle, still looking like she's about to fall off.
"Oh. Yeah. And see if there's food behind the lock too."
Sparkle's ears perk up at that. "What lock."
"It had a few marked buttons, two three five--"
"Prime numbers." She interrupts you.
>>
>>30642888
Holy fuck I am retarded.
Head back there and open it up.
>>
File: file.png (49KB, 1404x1728px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
49KB, 1404x1728px
>>30642941
"Prime num--" I stop. "I feel stupid."
I turn back and return to the room without waiting for an answer, bearing the third crossing across the ice-cold waterfall with grim determination, and give the drawer a moment longer to unlock before pressing the number six.

This time it opens in half. It seems like one of the halves contains the most commonly maintained pieces, so I take the piece of paper hanging from a wall and read it's indications, written in hard-to-read Suranean, enjoying the hot, almost searing air that comes off the machine. It's a nice change of pace.

Once I've read them and know what every component is, the first thing to draw your attention is the battery-- one of it's electric contacts is half melted, and it's dial seems to mark it having over half it's charge despite the computer saying it has under a third.

Had a power outage. Paused.
>>
>>30644499
Take a closer look at the gauge on the cooling system.
>>
>>30645497
>>
>>30644499
Without the proper tools like a multimeter there is a limit to what we can do here, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to take a few shots in the dark for the hell of it. We could try replacing any wires that look damaged, or switch out the battery to a new one.
>>
File: file.png (26KB, 640x432px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
26KB, 640x432px
>>30644544 >>30647659
I lift the lid of the battery -one of it's contacts melted and almost half the size of the other one- a little, wondering if the issue is inside it, and have to pause. This isn't a large battery, but just a box with a lot of AA batteries that, I guess, multiplexes their charge.
This, just...

I groan and replace the five oldest batteries with new ones -keeping one to myself just in case- from the toolbox, the dial going up a notch after I do that, but he computer still marks the battery as having just under a third of it's charge.
With that done, I move the torch closer to the coolant liquid unit's dial. It's a hair in the red, so I search for it's lid and start opening it.

Liquid starts leaking immediately. I search some more until I find a particularly hard to reach on/off switch and take a deep breath. The machine is hot already, so I put the bottle at easy reach and loosen the lid again. This better work.

I turn it off and take off the lid at the same time, ignoring the hit liquid that sings my fur, then squish the bottle to pour it's contents faster. The machine feels much too hot by the time the needle reaches yellow, so I put the lid on as fast as I can, turn it on, and wait for a moment in silence.

The air starts to cool down. I read the monitor again.

>1/2
Apparently I didn't save the layered image so I had to draw it all over again.
>>
>Status
>Local coherency:
>>Safe
>>Warning! Only every room-space's individual coherency is currently maintained. Moving between two might affect health negatively. Room layout might change erratically.
>>Sudden atmospheric changes might be noticed
>System-wide coherency
>>Network disconnected or missing
>Battery status:
>>30%
>>>Operating in low energy mode
>>>Operational time left: 16 hours.
>>>Currently returning to normal temperaaaslllllll---

>---------
>---------
>---------
>Exception Cx0000000015 memory segmentation
>Redo from start.
>...
>...
>...
>...
>...
>Booting StablOS 3.4.0.0.0.1.5
>Warning: Local event-sequence stream is weak. Currently attuning to last recorded event-sequence-spot.
>...
>...
>...
>Attuned to wrong event-sequence-spot. Involuntary time travel might have happened.
>>:(
>>Mariela I swear
>Stand by until attunement is done. Time left: 00:09:21. Being outside this room when the attunement is complete will result in being left behind.

I can hear voices outside the room. I open it a smidgen out of curiosity.
A group of ponies, two minotaurs among them, is talking in front of the coffin.

>2/2
>>
>>30648905
Say hello.
>>
>>30648918
Don't leave the room though.
>>
>>30648918 >>30648923
I open the door, careful not to exit the room, and cringe when cold drops start falling on my fur again.
"Hi?" I ask, wondering if they'll actually see me.
They turn to me surprised, making me wonder what are they afraid of, and when I don't pounce on them with a weapon one speaks in dense, heavily accented Suranean I can barely understand.
"Hey [ ] you [ ] doing [ ] minotaurs?"ยท
I shake my head, talking in Equiish, "I don't understand you." He just shakes his head in shared ignorance, so I try another language. "Hello?"
"Ah! hello" He smiles, talking in Tharatean, "I am of many, congratulations that welcome you."
I cringe harder, but decide to ignore his horrible accent, "What is this?" I pause, remembering the words 'time travel' "What year is it?"
"This tower of dream! Big importances." He says proudly, then seems guilty, "You, with knife?"
"What knife."
"None!" He rushes to say, "You ask when year? Sixty!"
"Thanks, mister..." I look at the coffin. "What's with that?"
"Me of Seer." He says, then points at the coffin adds. "Big important! Armor of armor!"
I only blink at that.

"Ha!" He keeps talking, "Daring much. Took many pickaxe to find. Historical perspective! Much!" He walks closer to me, looking curiously into the room, "Normal standard engine it broke?" He points at the machine I sort of fixed. "Be calm! Did too. Saw big animals! Then it went back." He taps his chest. "And went back with sick, lungs not the same since. You lucky!" He smiles widely and points at me, careful to not pass the hoof across the doorway. "Not much far, yes?"

I need a moment to process his words, "Sixty two."

"Ah! Lucky! See?" His smile grows wider. "Did my name get big importants?" He points at the coffin, "Big discover. Minotaurs very helpful too."

"I wouldn't know." I say with as much tact as I can, "I was a visitor. The place looked the same."
"Oh." His smile fades some. "Oh. Can I be help?" He asks politely. "You look, not best day."
>>
>>30649762
No I have amnesia.

Does our earth pony power provide us with any disease resistance? If not we should probably leave the room.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.