[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cirquesque CYOA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 354
Thread images: 15

File: 051.png (278KB, 1654x1046px) Image search: [Google]
051.png
278KB, 1654x1046px
>Catch up on https://www.anonpone.com/cirquesque/
>Last thread: >>30455419

You and Herb land near the edge of the town, several stages -each a square of ricolant clay a little higher than the walkways around it- dividing it into a neat grid.
"All wrong, innit?" Says Herb, annoyed. "They says it's so the actors have clean water. I says it's so the actors aren't on the hubhub."
"Might as well see if we can take one, right?" You say as brightly as you can. "The carnival will be done here after all."
He does the closest thing to a shrug he can, clearly still discontent with acting so far from the central areas of the city, and snaps his head to the left. A group of forget-me-nots are chattering happily on a platform.
"Give me a few willya." He bird-hops to them without waiting for an answer.
You make a face and wait him, tapping a hoof to the floor and feeling the weight of your bags -The bronze rods Natan made for your wings are inside it- and looking around lazily.
A group is flying to the platforms too, several pegasi dressed in light shirts and skirts that flap with the wind, and a member from it lands in a nearby one to stretch, her shapely legs (and those wings!) Attracting your eye immediately. Talk about beauties…
…Familiar beauties. The more you look at her the more familiar she seems, like a cousin you've only ever seen in photos.
>>
>>30640409
Look at her for a little while longer to try to remember her and then go up and introduce yourself. You would like to know how often ponies come around here. Ask what she's wearing. Some kind of uniform or personal dress?
>>
>>30640409
Those aren't the typical wings of the locals. How strange. What say we go and talk to her.
>>
>>30641028 (dis me again cuz I only thought of this now)
>>30640409
Did we get some of Bubba's hot alchemical waste yet? that was supposed to be joke if you couldn't tell. Seriously did we get the alchemical waste yet?

>You think, again, about the delicate copper rods you'd need to get to wear on your wings to do what Herb insists in calling the thunder flappies.
Thunder flappies. I still kek every time I think about it.

>A group of forget-me-nots are chattering happily on a platform.
Holy toledo. Looks like there are forget-me-nots here as well. Do they have wings made for swimming like other pegasi here?
Go ask that pegasi mare is she and her fellows will be acting here for the carnival. If so, what will they be doing? How did she keep her wings so healthy?

What's with the figure in the title card? That a duda?
>>
File: file.png (34KB, 311x405px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
34KB, 311x405px
>>30640592 >>30641028 >>30641206
You watch her for a moment longer -it's not a bad sight, all in all- hoping that you'll recognize her… you can't know her, right? It's only been do little since you came here, long as it feels, And you can recall everyone you've met.
But the feeling still bothers you like a sore teeth, making you walk to her—

A shuder running down your spine, You stop walking and turn to look at the window of small shop. No one's there.

"Seeing ghosts, my little pony?" Asks the mare, amused. Your first impulse is to protest jokingly, but then you realize she /is/ taller than you. And has such a sexy voice...

"Might be" You try to laugh it off, but it comes off as a dry chortle. "Miss…?"
"Better hope it's good fairy folk, or a star child." She flexes her neck, bones popping, and turns around to the water. "You wanted to talk?"
"Kind of. Do I know you?" You ask despite not expecting a positive answer.
She gives you a look and, after a moment, shakes her head, "It's not mutual if you do, sirree." She continues walking.

>1/2
>>
"I was afraid of that." Your eyes are drawn down her figure again, "Can I ask you...?"
She follows your gaze, "My wings? I'd say, yours aren't bad either."
"I just felt curious about them. How did you get them like that?"
"Same way you did, if I were to venture." She pokes a hoof into the water as her group lands, making you cringe. Even here at the borders you don't trust this water. "Be lucky when sired."
"Uh huh. What are you doing?" You ask carefully.
"Testing the waters." She says simply, then shouts- no, talks loudly at someone from her group, "Leo?"
He searches on his saddle bag and throws a bottle at her, which the mare stops with a wing and, when it falls vertically, catches with her mouth.
"What's that?"
"See to believe." She says with a smile, dipping some of the thick gel in it on her hoof. "Curious much?"
"It's just that I hadn't seen anyone like you. Or people who wore clothes in a while." You add.
"Oh, yes... The big question. What ancient tradition it is, you wonder?"
"IIII wouldn't put it like that."
"It looks good on my flank."
You can only blink at that. It seems... mundane-- Woah. She grabs her a hindleg and then the other to put some of the gel on them too, not at all caring about the connotations of such a position.
"Would it bother you if I call you gypsy?" You ask when she stands, bouncing some on her hooves.
"Not if you don't want me to." Her placid smile doesn't fade at all, which you take positively. "Gypsy is a nice name. I've had worse ones."
Her misunderstanding gives you pause and she hops to the water before you can correct her, standing on it's surface somehow.
"You see," Her smile wide and a little exhilarated now, she slides on the water as if she were wearing roller skates."Do you believe?"

>2/2
Yeah, Leaf's already got some waste.
>>
>>30641906
That's amazing! If I had a fer bottles of that stuff, I wouldn't have to worry about drowning. Do you know where I can get some of that stuff? Maybe Bubba knows how to make some of that.
Say, would you also happen to be a Scurlock? I've been trying to learn some weather magic for a performance me and some friends are trying to perform. Scurlocking stuff isn't exactly my forte.
Do we have any clouds for practice?

>"Same way you did, if I were to venture."
>"Be lucky when sired."
Actually I was born some place VERY far from here where there are more pegasi with full wings. And more earth ponies too.

So what of the wings of her compatriots?
>>
>>30641906
If Star informed Leaf about the swim club, he could learn how to swim.
>>
>>30641906
Can we try?
>>
>>30642064 >>30642333 >>30642373
"I-- How do you do that?"
"You believe, but why should I show?" She laughs, jumping on the water like a trampoline, then slides off waving soft curves with her legs to speed over the water.

You turn to the other gypsies, but she shouts before you can say anything, "Practice time, boys!"

Some share irritated looks and rush to the boxes they were carrying, pulling violins off them, and you follow with them despite not being sure of why.

The three ponies -none of her entire group, you notice, with wings like hers or yours- follow her, flying upside down with the instruments on their bellies, tapping the sides of the violins like drums sometimes, their brightly colored clothing waving on the wind.

"Wait!" You reach her, thankful that she doesn't seem to care about speed.

"Where is your music?" She shouts, amused. "Gypsy colt, you really don't know any of this!" The musicians reach you, dancing circles in the air around her, making you dodge them. "See? They do!"

"You are right I don't! But that thing on your hooves, if I could try--"

"My magic? What kind of magician would I be?" The musicians laugh at the joke, cheering her up. "Say I taught you, mystery stallion? What trick can you give in return?"
>>
>>30642431
I can make clouds?
And I can do, "thunder flappies."

God I love that phrase.
>>
>>30642431
Do we know any aerial maneuvers?
>>
>>30642431
So a group of pegasi with full wings. That is very uncommon.
>>
>>30642630
>none of her entire group, you notice, with wings like hers or yours
>>
>>30642431
I"Say I taught you, mystery stallion? What trick can you give in return?"
I can show you how to make a veggie Panini or souffle if I had the ingredients.
>>
>>30642643
Shit. I read it wrong.
>>
>>30642431
We can always ask Bubba about the water skating potion goop.

So what does thunder flappies entail? What exactly will Leaf do when he attaches the copper rods to his wings?
What do the rods look like? Do they only cover the base, meaty parts, or do they spread our like a skeletal bat wings?
>>
>>30642431
On a scale from 1 to 'oh good Lord take me now,' how attractive is Leaf? And how attractive is the Gypsy mare?
>>
>>30642431
No tricks to offer in afraid. I'm just a curious pony.
Is it weird that we still do slight of hoof tricks despite the existence of magic?

Also bump.
>>
File: file.png (56KB, 430x409px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
56KB, 430x409px
>>30642464 >>30642481 >>30642630 >>30642643
>>30642651 >>30642644 >>30642681 >>30642707
The first thing to come to your mind, is cooking, but you scratch that one off immediately.
"Thunder--" You stop yourself before calling it that of all name. You open your bags to get the copper rods from them. "Do you know what a Scurlock is?"
"Ah?" She watches you put the harnesses on, losing speed very slowly on the water. "Curious word, that. Skyurlok."
"Alright," You look around, not hoping for much, and see a smallish, low hanging cloud, "Give me a few minutes and I'll show you."
"I'll be resting," She gestures at the others to follow her back to the stages, "Make it worthwhile, musicless."

You nod and fly to the wing without wasting a second, hoping that it'll be enough. Keeping an eye on Herb -he's still chattering happily with the others- you compress and upset the cloud until it's almost the size of your head, and buzzing angrily with it's small charge.

You fly under the diminutive cloud and take deep breaths, remembering what the history book said: 'Scurlocks used respiration techniques to become more acutely aware of their pegasi magic'.

That one is easy enough, something any colt plays with. Deep down the belly, keep it there until you feel something not unlike drinking water on a hot day...

ANd there it is, the vague feeling of coolness on your wings. The cloud buzzes closer to the twin sets of turning wheels that hold the rods over your back, and the rods, before flinging uselessly, tremble before a moment before starting to move in synchrony with your flaps, unloading painful static shocks on your wings and back.

Keep calm... the book said that reduces the damage despite increasing the pain, keeping your muscles adapted to the electricity without it staying in too long. You focus the on same mental switch you used so many times to buck thunders out of clouds, and your wings start throwing electric shocks back to the rods.

>1/2
>>
Alright, ouch. This is getting painful very quickly.
You hover up, and the cloud stays locked at a fixed distance of you, caught in a magnetic field.
And this is where you have to start winging it, pun intended, as the books didn't go into detail of how did scurlocks throw thunder.

Except...
Except what Sea said.
No. It can't be that simple.
Hng. You are sure Scurlocks had some... secret feng shui to do this, right? Mystical focus trained for decades?

You gain some altitude and stop flapping for an instant, instead flinging your wings violently toward the water, throwing punches rather than flying.
The rods lock in place and reverberate, twin streams of electricity surging painfully from your wings and using almost half the charge of the cloud.
You aren't telling this to Sea.

After waiting for the pain to fade for a moment you fly back to the gypsy mare, whose definition of resting seems to slide circles on the water.

"Was that you, musicless?" She asks happily.

"I--" You blink, noticing her eyes for the first time. Now that she's using eyeshadow the feeling of resemblance stronger than ever. "Yes, I just-- Don't you want to get away?" You ask when you notice a few electric discharges fall near her.

She looks at one, "What better seat than first row?"
"If you say so..." You sigh, "This is what a Scurlock did. Sort of."

You fling your wings again, using away the rest of the charge of the cloud, to fire away from her. She looks at it with starry eyed wonder and a open mouth smile.

"Woah!" She laughs, "Ten out of ten."
"And me?" You ask jokingly, pushing the rods so that they are aligned with your back and don't inconvenience your flying and thinking of her flanks. Solid nine.
"Let's saaaay..." She pauses playfully. "Seven when casual."
"Oh, nice, but about the water walking..."
"This?" She jumps on the water like a trampoline. "If you'll teach me we got a deal."

>2/2
Had a power outage. Paused.
>>
>>30644276
Let's try to teach her.
>>
>>30644276
I don't know if I'd be capable of teaching you the ways of the Scurlock since I'm still learning it myself.
Are you familiar with the shocking sensation from bucking clouds?
>>
>>30644275
>Keep calm... the book said that reduces the damage despite increasing the pain, keeping your muscles adapted to the electricity without it staying in too long. You focus the on same mental switch you used so many times to buck thunders out of clouds, and your wings start throwing electric shocks back to the rods.
Gosh. I don't suppose there's a way to build up a resistance or reduce the damage to the point where it is negligible?
I forgot the past conversation about muscle damage and other bodily harm from Scurlock related activities.

>"If you'll teach me we got a deal."
If you're fine with the pain of dealing with lightning.
>>
>>30644276
How much experience do you have with weather manipulation? Judging by your feathers, you have better luck with that then everyone else? Or is this more then just genetics?
>>
So we gonna fuck the gypsy?
>>
>>30648255
Reminder that you have my blessing to try fucking anything so long as it's in-character. Will quote this with my next quest post to prove it being me.
>>
>>30648703
Does that include blowjobs from snakes?
>>
>>30644465 >>30646298 >>30646755
>>30647404 >>30648255 >>30648703
"I can try to," You extend a hoof to her to shake, taking the rods off. "But fair warning, it's painful."
"I think I can take painful. You need those things?"
"Yup, they are simple," You show them to her, turning the rods around some, "It's angled so they aren't in your wings' way. You ever pushed a cloud?"
"Oh, clouds too." She grabs the rods off your hoof without asking, looking at them like a biologist dissecting a whole new species, "Add some filigree and this is great for a costume..." She falls silent, thinking, "I'll go search a cloud and practice pushing them," She says, smiling again.
"Do you want me to--"
"I haven't acted with clouds on years." She shakes her head and pushes the rods against your chest "The practice will do me good."
You land on the walkways and she slides away across the water instead of flying, giving you a good look of her flanks.
"Girl loves doing that." Says a stallion, one of the gypsy's musicians. His voice has a high, dry bass to it. "Sliding, I mean."
"Oh?" You offer him a hoof. "Lettuce Leaf, my pleasure."
He doesn't take it, instead making a reverence- one that you feel is intended to mostly poke fun at anyone who takes them seriously.
"Corvis, at someone's service." He says, then puts his hat on again. "You acting here?"
"Probably," You give Herb and the other Forget-me-nots a look, "You?"
"Yes sirree, our girl loves acting in this city. I'll warn ya, she learns fast. Hurts the pride some."
>>
File: file.png (59KB, 692x499px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
59KB, 692x499px
>>30649625
>>
>>30649625
Maybe. Do you know where I can get some of those potions or how to make them? What ingredients I'd need? I hope they're fairly inexpensive.
So what will you be performing here? A musical performance?
>>
>>30649625
I would be surprised if she can learn this fast.How long have you known her?
>>
>>30649635
So how long you guys been doing this?
How long would it take Leaf to make a decent cloud? A few hours or so for a dog sized one?
>"Alright, back in a few. Don't touch anything." You tell the Star before trotting out.
>The 'a few' turns into nearly an hour before you can gather enough clouds to make one the size of a small dog.
> gather enough clouds
Oh...I thought you could just make clouds. I've misunderstood that for a while now.
>>
>>30649625
His Cutiemark is a dot? Can you tell me about that?
>>
>>30649625
What can you tell me about yourself and your friends Corvis, if you don't mind me asking.
>>
>>30649840 >>30649653 >>30649653 >>30649660
>>30649893 >>30650576
"You say?"
"I say. Seen it time and time again since I was a foal." He snickers, searching something on the edge of his hat. "She's got the moves and liiiiiiiiiiikes to show 'em off. Not that I complain."
"It's there." You point at the cigarette that fell off his hat. "So you two go way back, huh?"
"Yup yup, I grew up in the caravan. You got a fire?"
"Not a smoker." You shake your head.
"Clever boy, stay that way." He puts the unlit smoke in his mouth regardless.
Your eyes flutter to his flank, "Can I ask you...?"
Corvis gestures to the sky with his muzzle, "A little brother."
"Oh?"
"Bit of a long story. And boring." He disregards it completely. "What's your act?"
"See to believe." You echo him and the gypsy mare with a smile. "So... Can I take a guess about what you are?"
"You as in me or as in we?"
"You bunch." You point at the others with a wing, "We call ponies like you gypsies back home, you know."
"Ah. Have at me." He throws the smoke to the air, making it spin in the air several times, and catches it again... from the wrong side. "Every time."
"Alright. So you are a traveling group..."
"Not hard to guess."
"...You perform, I already know that. But you also get your kicks off people thinking you have old, secret magics."

"Lyf, that's circus." He passes a leg across your shoulders, "Three rules. Be larger than life, don't be afraid to be silly, and be so silly you are larger than life for it." He points a gun-wing at you. "You got a snazzy hat, so halfway there."

"Er, thanks. Right, so you also say that you are from an old, lost pony tribe."

"There might be a lost city somewhere." He says vaguely. "But we don't tell the story. Good ones go on on their own." He moves the unlit smoke on his mouth. "You done?"
"Yup yup."
"We like flying and acting. The rest's just dressing." He swings the smoke up and down a few times, "Nice dressing, though. Gets people starry eyed."
>>
Queued a few things for a post or two, and also paused.
>>
>>30650755
>gun-wing
Heh, finger bang right?
...right? He doesn't legitimately have a gun on his wing, right?

>"Nice dressing, though. Gets people starry eyed."
Why thank you. I was hoping for that.
>>
Bunp
>>
>>30650755
Do you guys usually hang out around here?
>>
>>30650755
What, you mean the hat or the rods? O thought the hat was cool since I could pretend to be a sea captain, and the rods are for Scurlock magics.

Yaaar! I'm a salty wizard pirate!
>>
>>30650755
Can we try attracting a hiss hiss pet from the water?
Ask Corgis if he knows if the sneks are poisonous.

Is Star gathering an army of danger noodles? Will she be the Shepard of danger noodlers? Their god?
>>
>>30653056
>Headlines for the Arabesco preacher or information slab (because they don't have newspapers)

>There seems to be a strange phenomenon occurring in the city of Arabesco, as a large number of snakes seemed to have been gathering at at the docks near the slums.
>When one of our reporters approached the scene, they found a large congregation of snakes....apparently worshiping a strange purple duda that bared the likeness of a snake itself. Strangely there were several finely dressed snakes that were assumed to be concubines coiled below the duda.
>Upon investigation we learned that the duda was declared, "Queen Star of the Danger Noodles," as she had put it.

......bump
>>
I bet Rarity secretly has the hots for Leaf.

.....bump
>>
>>30650755
What kind of weeds or herbs is his cigar made of?
>>
>>30650771 >>30651560 >>30653056 >>30654106 >>30654857
"Hey, I try." I take off my hat for him, curtsying, "Yours isn't bad either."

"This old thing? Ha." The laugh is as dry as it is amused, "Belongs in the trash. Got it from there! But the same goes for me, after all."

"Don't say that," You notice the gypsy mare flying to you, pulling from a cloud. "And these are a Scurlock's tool, you know."

"And they look snazzy." He wing-bangs at me again. "Add some nice looking shoulder plates and you'll have old, secret magics. Lads love that."

"I'll keep it in mind." The gypsy mare atracts your eyes again, "Forgot to ask her, where does she get that thing she puts on her hooves?"

"Whale fat." He twirls the cigarette into the air again, catching it by the filter this time. "Been trying this for three years, wouldja think I still catch the wrong side?"
"Is it tobacco?"
"Towhat?" He gives you a confused look, "Penguin salts. Calms you down, good when a show's left you shaky from exhaustion."

"Penguins don't make salt."
"Salty bastards, though." He laughs as if to a private joke. "Ever had one try to whisk your ear off?"
You cringe, remembering how dangerous can a pack of angry gooses be, "Sort of."
"Ha. You- Oh." He notices the small snake crawling to him, "Shoo. No food here."
"I still don't like those." You can't help cringing away from it. "Some are poisonous back home."

"Doesn't sound nice in your home." He grabs the snake, tries to outstare it for a second, and throws it to the water. "Our girl," He gestures at the gypsy mare. "Told me some where when we had changelings, but that was who knows how long ago."

You nod, looking at her again. SHe's still trying to get a grip on the cloud to drag it here, rather than pushing.

"Ooh golly. She's hooked you?" He asks, amused, "Fair warning about that too, she's got a boyfriend or five in every port."
>>
File: snapshot-2017-08-03-21-34-45.png (18KB, 366x275px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot-2017-08-03-21-34-45.png
18KB, 366x275px
>>30653056
>>30654106
The Star shakes her circle-plate again, producing a deep, long hiss at Sea's snake. It turns it's head to the Star, pokes it's tongue out, and returns to trying to steal Sea's fish.
The Star returns to studying it's samples of hissing. She'll bridge communication yet.
>END.
>>
>>30655329
That is fine. She is very beautiful, but I'm not looking for a relationship.
>>
>>30655333
>She'll bridge communication yet.
And then, world domination.

>END
What? Like the end of the thread?
>>
>>30655406
Nope, I didn't want people to think it was a surprise PoV change.
>>
>>30655329
Quite the free spirit then isn't she. Make sense though. Let's hope she's a lot of fun.
>>
>>30655329
>SHe's still trying to get a grip on the cloud to drag it here, rather than pushing.
She's probably doing fine. If Corvis said she's a quick learner then she'll probably get it in no time.
I don't remember if we were told her name.
You guys travel a lot. What can you tell me about Landly?
>>
>>30655329
It's been a while. Some of us have forgotten about that one gryphon we talked to in the flotilla and the contact he had.
>>
>>30655389 >>30655406 >>30655431 >>30655526
"Oh?" I pause, then laugh. "Oh! No no, I am not in a place for that."
"Good for you. It's never nice when a stallion can't get that. There was this blue unicorn, you got no idea..."
"She does have the moves." You wing-bang back at him. "And the flanks, and the eyes."
"Yeah yeah I get it, casanova," He snickers, standing up. "Just telling ya, girl thinks she's too hot for any single stallion."
"I wouldn't mind the burn." You say honestly and with a grin.
"You seen her flank? Of course you did. Her cutie mark is the big sister." He gestures at the sun again. "Anyway, gotta see some other cuties, catch ya later." He waves a wing at you and takes flight.
"Yeah, catch--" Her cutie mark is the sun? "Catch you."
You give the mare her time to reach you, beating her large wings strongly enough to buffet you with some wind when she approaches, "I don't think I got your name?"
"Gypsy sounds nice enough." She takes a few deep breaths, "I needed a new stage name. So what now?"
The lesson lasts a while, long enough that Herb waves you goodbye and flies back home before you are done. Corvis snickers at you several times during it when the gypsy mare doesn't notice.
"Alright, so I tighten the cloud." She presses her hooves against it, not finding as much purchase as you had hoped she would.
"No, you'll up--"
It flings thunder at her face before you finish talking, snapping her head backwards.
Your gut feels heavier.
Then she starts laughing, "Woudh yah beghieve dadh?" She chortles again, "Candh bheel me dhongue!"
"Rrright. So you have to compress it and then upset it, not the other way around. Can you try to feel your pegasi magic again?"
"Sort of." She repeats the breathing excercises you taught her, clearly not as used as you to manipulating it.
After several more hours she's done it, and is wearing the rods -clearly not made for someone her size-, standing on the water.
>1/3
>>
Now the electricity isn't only jumping between her wings, the rods, and the cloud. The water also receives more than a few discharges, some vapor rising with each.
"Try to fly, the charge's being wasted. Now feel your pegasi magic again, alright? Try to move it from your hooves back to your wings."
"Hey." She starts moving her hooves, "Hey, I got an idea."
"What--" She runs away from you before you can answer. "Hey!"
She laughs as you chase her, moving her wings gently, "Look at this!"

Electric arcs form between her wings at the water, the unskilled way in which she's using her magics obvious to you but also eclipsed by the beauty of it-- Electricity arcs in her wake, producing an alighted path behind her.

"See?" She laughs again, flapping her wings harder to produce more static, "It's not haaAAARDDJKRGGGGGGGH."
Her mane smokes. She flapped too hard, not keeping her magic wound tightly enough, and the whole charge went to the water and bounced back to her.
"I-I-It's not m-m-my! ffffault!" She stutters, her jaw muscles twitching from the discharge.
"Told you." You bit your cheek in an effort not to laugh. She snorts loudly.
She looks at her nonexistant cloud and speaks gruffly. "Yeah yeah l-let's get b-b-b-b... back!"
You put some of the whale fat she offers you quickly, impatient to try this... and fall on your face the moment you touch water. It takes effort with your four legs, and some flapping, to stand upright on the water.
"No." The gypsy mare -already back to her cheerful demeanor- slides in front of you, "Don't fight it, try to make your legs fall the right way."
"Huh?"
>2/3
>>
She grabs you by the neck like a kitten and pulls you upright, "Make the legs fall /towards/ your center of mass.
"Right." You pull your legs some and lock your knees, confirming it's less effort immediately. "Now what."
"Now rlide your legs in circles," She moves around you slowly to show, "Like you are cleaning windows with all four."
"Circles?" You try mimicking her and find it familiar, happy that there's finally /something/ you have some previous skill for. "Hey... it's like walking on high grass!"
"High grass? No, keep your wings folded for now." She mounts you, folding your wings again with her hooves, "And stand high, you'll move the wrong way otherwise. And get a hunchback." She bits your ear to pull your head up to a proper poise.

>3/3
>>
>>30656391
Would she like to see grass? She can come over to our place if so.
>>
>>30656391
You guys are weird. Never seen plants in your life.

The fuck did Herb leave for? Did we only come here to check out our performan e grounds?
>>
>>30656437 >>30656958
"Yeah yeesh I get it." You cringe, choosing to focus on the bite rather than how compromising the position is.
"Do you?" She hops off you and slides a few circles around you, then grins. "Dashing. Now try to keep up."
"Keep up?"
She slides away.
"Hey!" You try to move forward and slide backwards instead-- The way the water actually moves under you makes it surprisingly different to ice skating.

She pokes her tongue at you and keeps sliding away.
High grass, high grass...

You give yourself a hearty thrust with your wings and slide forward, swinging your hips to the sides in soft curves, trying not to look to much at the gypsy mare and the way the wind lifts her tail.

Nope. No way swinging your hips as much as she does is necessary.
She notices that you are actually catching up and smiles an you, then bounces on the water several times, a little higher each, then does a pirouette midair before landing on the water...

...and actually penetrating it, to your surprise, water bubbles appearing around her hooves when she slides upside down. No way you are doing that anytime soon.

She smiles smugly at you from the water, seemingly uncaring of how unsanitary it is to swim near the city, water bubbles raising from her nostrils as she swims like the reflection of a mare that isn't there.

You can only try to keep up to her increasing speed for a moment, trying to figure out how is she even doing it, and then she punches a forehoof out of the water and then another, then tears herself out of the water -moving only on two legs for a moment in the process- to circle in your way. You crouch by reflex, passing under the belly of the tall mare.
>1/3
>>
"Now try this." She starts sliding again, keeping her wings low in a sort of flight, and again you find a certain ease in getting into the swing of things. "Oh hey!"
"Tough you'd leave me behind?" You ask happily, still in a high.
"Puh-leaze, I am playing with you." She snorts.
"Aw, then I am not good?" You say jokingly.
"You got some talent." She starts moving faster, "I'd love to see how good you are in a few years."
It starts becoming an actual strain to keep up with her, but you try not to let it show.
"I don't tell this to anyone," She says, "But you are exotic, musicless."
"Then you should see my home! I got grass in it."
"Is it tall?"
"Well, I haven't cut it. Want to see?"
"Oh?" She smiles a small smile, "I didn't expect you to be so forward. But let's see this home of yours."
You look around and realize you already moved closer to it without noticing. "Is this thing really whale fat?"
"They told you?" She laughs to herself, "No one believes it. But the same magic that lets whales fly does this too."
"I saw whales fly. I'll believe whatever you say by now."
"Pffft." She rolls her eye, "What's about it?"
"They don't back home!"
"Then how do you make cities in them?" She asks, joy overridden by curiosity for a moment.
"We don't?" You ask, just as puzzled.
"I've traveled everywhere, and--" She pauses for a moment. "Deja vu."
"Have you really traveled everywhere? I am not buying that."
"Try me."
"Landly."
>2/3
>>
"Ugh." She rolls her eyes. "Landly is an eyesore. All grey and stone and mortar. And the only place I've been that ponies are so racist." She pauses. "Didn't use to be so bad... nice churches, though. And old books. They like their old books. And they actually let you read them."

"Uhm." You pause to remember the name. "Albino?"
"Albaricoque. They have this thing on their city, a pile o' wood." She laughs. "Not joking! It's this pillar made of wood with green stuff in it? And food grows off it. But good luck getting anywhere near it."

"A t--" The Star flies off your way. "Hey!"
"Hey!" She shouts back.
"Ohmystars." The gypsy hops off the water and flies to the Star. "You are so cute."
"I am?"
"She is?"
"I am!" Smiles the Star. "Hello!"
"What even are you?" The gypsy mare flies around the Star, "You remind me of-- Oh!"
"That's my home."
"It's like the sun!" She flies to it, smiling widely, then grimaces after touching it. "It's just like Landly's."
"And that's grass." You point at it, not knowing what else to answer, "Let it grow a bit lately."
"Oh?" She glides down to it, surprised at it's texture, and smells it for a moment before dropping and rolling on her back. "Ooooh this is great."
Sea, sitting on her walkway, talks before you can, "Are you high."
The gypsy ignores her, still rolling like a cat, and stops to feel the grass with her wings. "Okay, serious question. How much."
>3/3
>>
>>30657749
That depends on what you're asking to buy. If you want some grass then it'll be 2 pearls. Anything other then that though is not for sale.
>>
>>30657749
I'm sorry? What do you mean how much? It's just grass. And can you tell me more about the city with a tree?

>>30657774
I-I don't know anon. I don't like making deals that are vague.
Wait. Does she want grass clippings or something? Or like a turf of grass to roll in?
>>
>>30657749
>"You remind me of-- Oh!"
Has she seen another star or, Duda, like Star?
>>
Maybe we should be straight with noble and ask if we can browse her library.
>>
So did Sea ever consider going to the fight club?
>>
>>30659895
>>
>>30657749
Fyi I don't have any of kind of grass you smoke. I think?
>>
>>30657748
>"I've traveled everywhere, and--"
But I've traveled the farthest. So far that getting back home will be difficult if I don't want to leave my friends behind.
Can you tell me where I can find Landly and Albaricoque? I think I would like to go there some time in the future.
If you look at my small garden you can see that I'm growing 'green stuff too.'
>>
>>30657749
How much for what? Lessons on Scurlock? You want some grass? Star? How much I make?
>>
>>30664398
>>
>>30657774 >>30658667 >>30658762
"How much for what." You land besides her, "Grass?"
"All of it." She says without any hesitation, her mane sprayed all over the grass.
"Excuse me?"
"All of it." She repeats.
"You are high." Says Sea drily from her walkway.
"I can pull strings, musicless. Call favors and get you a nice yacht, or it's price in pearls." She rolls on the grass some more.

"No sell." You shake your head."Maybe I can sell you some. It grows on it's own!" You rush to add. "Grass does that. You just need dirt. Like here," You fly closer to your small farmground, where a tomato plant is peeking from the dirt timidly.

She scrunches her muzzle, "How long?"

"In this weather?" You think for a moment, then realize any soil she got here would lack any innate micro fauna. "IIIIII would be patient. About a year for a few square meters. It'd get faster after that."

"Aw." She pouts. "Where do I get dirt."
"The seabed?" You try, then think more thoroughly about it. "You'd need to take the salt off it somehow... and to find proper dirt too."
"Then what is proper." She turns around to rest on her side and look under the grass. "Just black sand?"
"No, it's-- You've been down there?"
She just smiles smugly.
"My country is much farther than that."
"I might just visit it."
You chuckle, "I hope you can. But there's a number of things about the sand."
"Then you'll come search with me." She says mater of factly. "Just give me some time to get tickets. And you still haven't given me a price."
Your first reflex is to ask two pearls for some, but you close your mouth before saying immediately after remembering what she was willing to pay.
>>
>>30667258
I'll think of pricing later. Right now I need to find books and more "Duda's" like Star. And maybe build a boat of the shell stuff around my home.

Oh and fight a monster soon.
>>
>>30667258
A portal back home.
>>
>>30667341 >>30667796
"A way back to Equestria." says Herb from the ceiling.
"And why did you just come back without asking me?" You shout back at him.
"The stages are up for the taking! No bureaucracy there." He seems pleased by this.
The gypsy's brow furrows for a moment, but she shakes her head, "I don't know a way there."
"Didn't expect you to." You click your tongue, feeling sad for a moment but shrugging it off. "I'll think of a price later. We still need soil."
"If you say so... I should get tickets in a day or two." She stands, shaking a few broken blades of grass off her wings. "We might have to run, siren ships have tight schedules."
"You going back?"
"I should... And I'll leave the thunder for you this time. But next time we act in the same city..." Her smile is a little challenging this time.
"Got it."
"Hey!" The Star floats above the gypsy. "Who?"
"Who?" The gypsy blinks a few times in confusion. "Oh... of someone I knew. You are such an inquisitive little thing, aren't you?"
"I was made to be." Chirps the Star. happily, her pieces -now arranged like a snake again- waving around. "I am a diplomatic complex-enough artificial intelligence."
"She wanted to make machines that thought... a pity she's not with us." The gypsy nods to herself, distracted for a moment. "You also sound just like she did."
You pip in before this gets grim, "You said Albicoque--"
"Albaricoque."

"Albaricoque has a brown pillar? That's a tree." You regret the fact that none of yours made it here. "Like wood? With green things like grass on it? That's a tree."

The gypsy furrows her brow again at a few of the words you use, but doesn't comment on them. "The rest of the city's like a big ship built all around it, with a dome to protect it and everything."

End this scene?
>>
>>30668476
Yeah, can't think of anything else to add. I wish I knew what the cost of things were though. That way I would know if 2 million pearls for everything is too much or too little.
>>
>>30668772
You take a fragment of the cloud you have tied -You spent all of yesterday collecting smaller clouds, so it's back to being about twice your size- and upset it properly before putting it in the clay container, which now has it's insides partially baked by the discharges of a few clouds fragments you used before.

"Natan?" You ask him, not taking your eyes off the lid as you lower it carefully. Last time you did it too fast and the cloud, small and unstable, evaporated.
"It's working." You turn to him now, and he's examining the movie projector in case it, you don't know, decides to grow legs and take a trip.
...Jeez. Sea is rubbing on you.
"The tray is wobbling a bit." He adds after pressing the play button with no disk on it.
You fly down to him, careful not to hit the table you took outside to test it at Natan's insistence. "Yeah, it does that."
"Should it?"
"Doesn't mater." You take one of the disks (Old ones, each large as a plate) and press the stop button to put it on the tray. When you press the play button again, the disk starts spinning on it's tray on top of the projector and the movie -fickle in the daylight- plays on your house's wall.
"It works?" The Star crawls to you, something that still confuses you when flying seems effortless to her. "It works!"
'Y'ain't the boy aeh knew, Silver." Says a country girl on the wall. The cowcolt grimaces, but doesn't answer.
Natan's lens is as impassive as ever, but when Nitzan asks him something he sounds nervous.
Someone shoots a six-shot, the sound distorting on the small speakers for a moment from it's sheer volume and making Natan jump a few steps away from it.
Sea jumps off her walkway, spear ready and her whole body ready to pounce.
'See what happens to ya, boy.' Says a stallion with a twirly mustache on the movie, 'When you-'
"Far away!?" Asks Sea tensely and, maybe, with some worry. "Who is that!?"
'-try to steal my girl?'
>>
>>30670080
A stallion who isn't really there. It's just a recording sea. It can't hurt us. Besides, it's just an actor.
>>
Paused. WIll try to have moreu pdates tomorrow.
>>
>>30670080
No need to be alarmed, Sea. We are just watching a recording that involves actors. A moving picture won't do anything to us.
>>
Poor sea. We must hug her.
>>
>>30670080
As soon as we can figure out how to get you to Equestria Sea, one of the first things we'll do is take you to a movie theater.
Behold the wonders of cinema everyone. It's pretty much the same thing like the video Star made.

Idea: We find some large flat surface for the projector. We can charge ponies a pearl for admission after we show a few free shows, just to get ponies hyped.
>>
>>30670080
How many films do we have? Do we have the three stooges?
>>
>>30670080
If only we had some MGMO seeds (Magically Genetically Modified Organisms). Maybe then we wouldn't need months to grow produce.
And popcorn to. Popcorn for movies. fuck you Bubba you stupid sexy beast and your stupid potion yin yang nonsense rules
>>
Bomp
>>
>>30670080
It's been a while since that wisp warned us about the monster. What do we do? Rent a boat and drive out of the city with our weapons?
>>
>>30670080
We got anything for romantic tragedies? I want people to cry like they've never before.
Hug the Duda for being so awesome.
>>
>>30670191 >>30670946 >>30671349 >>30671524
>>30671914 >>30671972 >>30673367 >>30674374
"It's no one--"
"Where's Silver." She interrupts you.
"In the movie." Says the Star.
"Where."
"It's a movie. Like a moving picture." You say, trying to think of how to explain it to a mare that can't see. "It's, like a mirror that reflects things that aren't there, with sound."
"I understand less the more you explain."
"Do I have to hug you?" You joke. "It's just make believe."
"Just try to." Her posture relaxes, but her teeth stay gritted. "That thing should come already."
"The worm?"
"Probably waiting until we lower our guard." She sounds annoyed, "I didn't take that thing for a coward... assuming what you heard is real."
"Sorry." It's all you can say.
"I didn't accuse you of anything." She hops back to her shed. "We'll time off the city one of these days anyway. You will learn to swim."
You realize that you never told her of the of the water sliding, "Actually--"
"You will learn to swim." She says terminantly. When you don't answer, she sighs. "It's all water, and I can't save you every time. Like I can't go much longer without hunting."
"Did you check that fight club?" You turn back to the projector and turn it off. "The Star said you had the address to one."
"Tomorrow."
You nod, checking your old movie disks... where did all these westerns come from? At least there's some old comedies too. And-- You slide the disk back into it's blank sleeve. Not something you should see anywhere in public. Or with kids.
"You could use this for money." Says Natan. "The novelty alone would be alluring."
"Hey!" The Star flies between you and Natan, either ignoring or ignorant of Nitzan's immediate stream of what, despite the language barrier, you just know is insults. "Natan and Nitz can use the projector while we act! Twice the money!"

End this scene?
>>
>>30674895
>"I didn't accuse you of anything." She hops back to her shed. "We'll time off the city one of these days anyway. You will learn to swim."
We'll spend time off the city*
>>
>>30674895
Yeah end the scene.
>>
>>30674895
Star is a genius!
>>
>>30674910
>water world quest
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tkzY_VwNIek
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oEp382HIisE
>>
>>30674958 >>30674996 >>30675018
"Say it again." Insists the Star, her demeanoruncharacteristically curt.
"Your highness." You repeat, trotting quickly after her and uncomfortable in your suit. It's just wrong for a pony to wear clothing. "My Lady Golden Thread."
"Good, now--" A fanfare drowns her voice for a moment, and her head spins several turns like a radar. "What's that?"

"Maybe I could tell if this let me fly." You don't bother trying to hide how much it annoys you. And after your (Attempt) to see the Noble you will go with Sea to checking that fight club, which might just be another nerve wrecker. Keep it together, Leaf, keep it together...

"Shush." The Star gains some altitude, "Oh?"
"Please don't do that."
"It's another parade. A griffon this time." She flies back down to you.
>>
>>30675104
Quick investigation before heading to Lady Golden Thread?
Does this suit have wing slits?
>>
>>30675104
The last parade had a robbery happen. Maybe another one will happen here too.
>>
>>30675139 >>30675280
"Let's see it." You head in the direction the Star looked without waiting for an answer.
"But Lady--"
"You might see the thief this time. " You say. She makes an unintelligible sound and follows you, her legs dragging on the walkway.
"Ooookaaay." She floats besides you with a grimace, "But only because it has cultural value."

The parade is larger than the last and, the Star mentions, has no city guards this time so it might not be a dignitary. At it's head is a griffon dressed in rich clothes, with some sort of silver mask with slits over the eyes that covers all of his beak, and several acrobats follow him.

"Who's this?" You ask a nearby pony.
"New to the city? It's a Cir."
"A sir?"
A teenager answers you this time, "Yes! Cirs are really cool griffon magicians and lords. Hey, look!"

As he points the griffon extends his claws, flame surging from them and blossoming between his outstretched claws. The acrobats run to him and each extends a torch to it, seemingly hooking the fire and running ahead of the griffon.

"Noope." Says another teenager. "This guy can't be a noble."
"How do YOU know?" Asks the first teenage, "If they are nobles they can learn magic, duuh. They got books and stuff."
The second starts arguing back, and you stop hearing them at that point. The griffon looks at the crowd, wings open wide and flame licking his feathers without burning them...
...And for an instant -and you know this despite the mask- his eyes are nailed on you. Then the instant passes, and he tears his eyes off to keep parading.
>>
>>30675424
>And for an instant -and you know this despite the mask- his eyes are nailed on you
That's not ominous at all. Nope. No way this guy will have any plans relating to Lyfe. No sir.
>>
>>30675424
Well that was weird. Better go to the noble now.
>>
>>30675424
Can Star tell if they're using actual magic from here?
>>
>>30675541
dis
>>
I'm only here to fuck a Triton.
>>
>>30675424
Gryphons are half feline. I dislike gryphons now.
>>
Feel bad for ponies more unfortunate then himself and donates some to the poor, and pays Natan for his mechanical services when
>>
>>30675476 >>30675541 >>30675584 >>30675624
>>30675852 >>30675857 >>30675964
"Riiight." You take a few steps back, keeping your eyes nailed on the parading griffon. "Let's get this done with."
"Okay." Chirps the Star, oblivious to how you feel. "Remember, Your Highness My Lady..."
"Your Highness My Lady Golden Thread." You ruffle your wings, anxious that the suit lets them out but is too tight for you to move comfortably on it. And the hat too. The Star insisted you take off the hat.

Between your wariness that anything tarries what is an uncomfortable, but still good looking suit and the Star's insistence in staying in main streets, it takes you half an hour to reach the Noble's mansion- a main building that could easily host a dozen families surrounded by a pair of elongated glass domes, each similar to a toparium- Statues decorated with what looks like sealife, some of them made of glass and projecting some sort of hologram, hard to see through the greenish glass, being projected off them.

An old mare opens the door when you knock, seemingly offended that you did so at all and not meaning a single of her words, "What is that ye want, kai?"

Kai? The Star talks before you can ask. "I apologize in both our names for the inconvenience," She says politely and a little musically, the kind of voice that your father would've called gracious, invited to dinner, and sat at your side on the table. "But we are in need of an audience with our Lady."

"The missy has precious little time."

>1/2
>>
The old mare starts closing the door, but the Star blocks it with one of her pieces, "Then I am sure you know when can we come back," She says sweetly. "So that we aren't inconvenient next time. Or the time after that."

The mare looks at the Star, a look that makes you cringe a little, but the Star uses what you are now convinced is a skill at targeted obliviousness. Her smile stays as sweet and pleasant for a solid minute.

"We will see." The old mare turns around -now you notice that there's a chain preventing the door from opening completely- and walk away slowly. More slowly than she can actually walk, you have the feeling.

When you think the crone is out of earshot -fifteen minutes later- you lean closer to the Star, "Nice save."
"Diplomacy is my intended function." She says proudly. "Hearing white makes it easier."
White? You try to remember who is that but can't before the old crone appears again and, not seeming glad about it in the least, unchains the door you knocked.
You have a look around. Why does anyone need so many doors? Is this some kind of complicated system, like posh forks?
"Thank you." Says the Star with sincerity you doubt is real.
"Dun't mention it, kai." The crone doesn't bother to simulate sincerity, seeming more tired than annoyed. She is silent on the way to the noble which, you count, takes about three minutes. "The missy's time is precious, you see, and she is fond of brevity."
"We will keep it in mind." Chirps the Star.
"Ye better." She opens a richly ornated door of copper and metal just enough to pass her muzzle, "My Lady, the visitors are here."
"Let them in. Charl. You are dismissed."
"Thanks, my Lady." The old mare makes a curtsy and walks away, leaving the door open for you.

>2/2
>>
Oh, whoops
>>
>>30676434
(bow) Your Highness My Lady Golden Thread.
Hope Star can do the rest.
>>
>>30676455
What do you mean "Oh, whoops."?
>>
>>30676570
Was using the trip I usually only use for OOC posts.
>>
>>30676573
How could you, you monster!

Is Charl a GILF? I bet she gives great gumming blowjobs thanks to the lack of teeth.
>>
>>30676434
We're here in search for an abducted pony, and we we're hoping to ask for your permission to look for their journal in your library in hopes of finding clues as to what became of them.
>>
>>30676434
Bow and say hi. You would like to make a request of being able to see the books in her library.
>>
Oh, and paused
>>
Let's hope we're able to read the books and learn something of value to us.
>>
B
>>
U
>>
M
>>
>>30676500 >>30676579 >>30676583 >>30676671
>>30677595
"Your highness." You enter the room with the Star, bowing deeply.

"At ease." She doesn't turn to you and the Star, so you use the chance to have a good look at the room- a small, wood paneled room dominated by a desktop covered by a certain tidy chaos that tells you this is a personal working area. Three feathers flutter around her desk in telekinesis -each with differently colored ink- occasionally scratching traces with quick, precise movements that make you think of fencing. The wall at the sides of the desk is covered by vitrines, embelished like everything else but clearly meant to be practical.

"My Lady--" Starts the Star, but Golden Thread interrupts her, the maid -The Star said her name is Silver Platter- giving her a mean look.

"You came uninvited and unexpected." Says Golden, stating a fact rather than accusing or demeaning you. "You will wait."

"Beg you forgiveness." The Star curtsies and sits quietly.
It's several minutes before Golden Thread gives a pair of envelopes to Silver Platter, who nods and walks out of the study.

"I am done." Golden turns to you, and you see something of a kindred spirit in her-- Someone who has overworked herself every day, who has known overbearing stress for so long she isn't even aware of it anymore. "Ah. The possible diplomat... and a friend." Her eyes stop over your wings for a moment.

>1/2
>>
"I remember that eve fondly, My Lady." Says the Star graciously.
"I am not your lady. Albeit that only makes me wonder. Cirrus? Nereid?"
"Twilight Sparkle is much too far for you to know." She says. "My..." The Star seems at a loss of words for an instant. "My friend and charge, Lettuce Leaf, is in need of assistance."
"Use your own mouth, mister Lyf."
Silver enters the room again and sits at Golden's side with her head bowed, also giving a brief look to your wings.
"Of course, your highness." You say as mildly as you can. "I am searching information about a mare."
"A mare. A blind mare, by chance?" Asks Golden Thread.

That gives you pause, but you shake your head and spread your wings to let her see them, "Moonlit Creek. She would've had wings like mine, and a house made of clouds. And several written records of her travels, which I hope you might have some of."

Golden looks at your wings carefully before speaking. "Let's assume I do, which I may not. Let's assume I knew someone as foolish as to use paper for something as inane as journals, and bought them when she direly needed pearls. What could I expect in return for doing something as crass as letting a commoner read them?"

>2/2
>>
>>30679728
Again it's still strange how paper is so expensive here. Back home every household would have their own shelves of books. Mayhaps she didn't buy any journals here, but came brought.
I can offer you seeds to grow crops if you're interested?
>>
>>30679728
Why are you interested in my friend?....did she break something?
>>
>>30679725
You quoted my post but didn't answer it.
Is Charl a gilf or not?
>>
>>30679770 >>30679799 >>30679809
"Why did you ask me about Sea?" You try to dodge the question she made, much to the Star's displeasure.
"We have plants." She says immediately, her voice almost completely unaffected. "Like seaweed that grows onto the air. And of course, Princess Twilight would remember it fondly."
"I care none for seaweed." Golden doesn't take her eyes off you,
"Did she do something wrong?" You try.
"Little diplomat, you are dismissed." Says Golden cooly.
"As you wish." The Star gives you a last look before walking off the room.
"Just what do you know about Sea?" You give a look to the Star as she closes the door.
Golden walks a step closer to you, her saphire eyes drawn to your wings for an instant, "I was going to ask just that. What do you know about her."
"Sea's my friend?" You try, intimidated by the way she's bearing on you. "She's not a very open mare."
"Ha." There is no mirth in the exclamation. "What if I had things to tell you about her, instead? Would you hear?"

She is whatever you want her to be.
>>
>>30680406
What things? How could you possibly know her?
>>
>>30680406
I would listen but I doubt it would be anything she wouldn't tell me herself eventually.
>>
>>30680406
>"What if I had things to tell you about her, instead? Would you hear?"
Yes? What do you know about her? Is she some kind of ninja?
>>
>>30680460 >>30680548 >>30680604
"You know her?"
"Of course I do." She smiles faintly, a small and private thing, but it's replaced by her usual, neutral expression quickly. "I first saw Francesca on the stage, that delicate little thing."
"Delicate." You repeat.
"Well of course. You know of her condition."
"Look, if any of this really maters I am sure Sea will tell me on her own."
"Hasn't she?" Golden seems confused. "How could she not? She needs a guardian who understands her needs." Golden pauses, "Bring her. Then I shall let you read the journals."
>>
>>30680406
I would ask how you even know anything about her.
>>
>>30681187
I don't think I could do that unless she wants to. I'll..ask.
>"Bring her. Then I shall let you read the journals."
So she just confirmed that she did infact own the journals. Looks like we don't have to travel to Landly. Still. How she came to own these journals kind of worried me. Did she kill her? Or, maybe it's not as bad as that.
What if we exchange a book? for the journals? Does she have the means to fabricate books?
>>
>>30681187
What if she doesn't want to come?
>>
Also why don't you just go to her? Would you like me to tell her anything for you?
>>
>>30681295
>Also why don't you just go to her?
Bad question to ask. She doesn't know where she is which is why she's talking to us.

>>30681187
What's she to you? Other than 'delicate'?
>>
>>30681252 >>30681268 >>30681295 >>30681326
"So you have them?"

"I bought them. But I am not sure..." Silver whispers on her ear, or at least you assume as much-- Her lips may move, but you don't notice any sound at all. "I read some and didn't have time for the rest. And, unless you bring Francesca, they will remain unread."

"What if she doesn't want to come? Could I trade you books, then?"
"She will." Says Golden mater of factly. "You have books?"
You pause for a moment, wondering if it's a good idea to tell the mare on charge just how many you have, "I might get some."
"Ha. We'll talk if you do."
You nod, taking your eyes off her for a moment, "If I may ask, miss... What is Sea to you? Besides delicate?"
Golden looks at you for a moment, then shakes her head. "No. You may not ask."

Paused.
>>
>>30682063
Guess this is our time to leave.
>>
So fourth coming with information. Just like Sea. Then one more important question she could easily lie about, what does she intend to do once sea is in front of her?
If she doesn't answer I can only assuming bringing her here is selling her out in someway.
>>
B
>>
So she knows Sea. And Sea's actually Francesca. Huh.
>>
B
>>
U
>>
Hey guys. There's always the option of stealing then like Sea suggested. Maybe if we can find that thief, they could help us. Probably for a price though.
>>
>>30682143 >>30683062 >>30683979 >>30685390
"Then I will take my leave, my lady," You make another reverence just in case, "Thank you for your time."
"Bring Francis back." She gestures at her maid, who walks you out of the manor. The Star is quiet all the way out.
It's only after a few streets that she speaks up, "I don't like that mare."
"Golden?"
"Silver. I can't ever hear anything she says." She says it as if it was an injury on her pride.
"I know-- Wait, you were hearing on us?"
"Of course I was." She smiles. "Do you think it's a good idea to call Sea that name? Francis?"
"I have no idea." You shake your head. "Might as well just ask, you know?"
"But she won't answer." She questions you curiously.
"It's the principle of the thing." You shrug, "I ought to."
"Why?"
"To let her know I want to. And to give her a chance."
"I don't think she cares."
"It's more about me." You shake your head. "It's complicated… are you angry with her? Over that bet?"
The Star chooses not to answer, instead grimacing and walking -crawling, as she turned back into a snake at some point- a little ahead of you.
She doesn't speak with you on the way back, which thankfully isn't very long, and wanders of in Natan's general direction when you reach home.
"Hear you." Says Sea -Francis?- when you land, no longer in your suit, near her.
"Hey," you pause for a moment to consider your words. "Golden Thread told me something. A name."
Her scowl deepens. "Did you ask her?"
"She just said it. Called you Francis."
"Why did I expect anything but." She falls silent, teeth gritted, and speaks when you are about to. "Francis was a character. Nothing but."
>>
>>30686900
May I know the complete history you have with this mare?
>>
>>30686900
She asked me to bring you to her in exchange for the journals, but you know I won't and can't do that.
I offered to exchange a book or two in exchange for the journals, and in actually considering stealing the journals as bad as that sounds.

Your thoughts?
>>
>>30686900
For some reason she is interested in me being bringing you to her, but I'm not planning on doing that if you don't wish to come. Not like I could force you in the first place.
She said that you were supposedly someone delicate who needed a guardian. What is your history with her?
>>
File: file.png (37KB, 569x590px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
37KB, 569x590px
>>30686925 >>30687829 >>30688141
"So what happened between you-- Between Francesca and Golden?"
"None of your business." She says gruffly, her tail leashing once and the fire in her voice making you shy away from her.
"She said you are delicate. And that you need a guardian." You say, knowing that the disbelief in your voice is enough to get the point across.
A minute passes.
"Everything Golden says and does is poisoned." Says Sea coldly.
"So I take it you don't want to see her." You think for a moment. "She said I had to get you there to read those journals. Or trade my books."
She grits her teeth harder, lips thin, and takes a few deep breaths before answering, "I won't have anything to do with Golden."
"Wouldn't make you." You shake your head, considering your words carefuly, and look around just in case before speaking more quietly, in the hopes that it'll cheer her up. "Not even stealing them?"
Her ear twitches once before she answers, her expression not as bitter anymore, "I could live with that."

Shit art because I am falling asleep. Paused.
>>
>>30688185
We don't nessisary have to take the books. Maybe we can sneak in with Star and have her speed read the journals. But there would be the issue of finding them.
The option I myself can see are:

>attempt to steal the journals
>trade a book or two we don't need for them
>attempt to contact the thief and see if they can help us
>Kick her bitch ass, loot her home and burn burn it to its fucing foundations because she's a massive cunt Maybe Star and Leaf would be against that, but Sea and a lot of common ponies would most likely revel in seeing her taken down a peg or twenty.
Or all her pegs.

>trade something else other than books
>convince Sea to go
But that's as likely of succeeding as a cow jumping over the moon. Then again in Miracles, Appul and her GF managed to travel to the moon via the tower, so I suppose that's not entirely impossible.
>seduce her will Leaf's sexy pegasus body
>ask our gypsy friend if her "connections" can get us the journals.
>>
>>30688185
>Leaf learning of the journals existence
This proves that Leaf is not crazy. Just though I should point that out and for severance to anyone in the story who's asking.
Say, theoretically you had a plan on how to break into her l library and take or copy the books. What would you suggest?
I'm banking on Sea to know something about Golden Thread's estate which might provide as helpful information.
>>
>that horizontal D shaped deadpan eye behind her sunglasses
>that little curve at the end of her frown to reinforce her displeasure
Oh that's our Sea. Such a situationally lovable, outwardly exspressive handycaped, fighting mare.

Doc mentioned something about taking care about here eyes and here eye patches. And maybe eye drops.
>>
>>30688185
Well then time to hijack some books!
>>
>>30689396
>>30688828
>>30688553
>>30688536
"Well, not stealing stealing. Not when she knows I want those journals."
"Don't tell me you are pussying out on me that quickly."
"Hey hey I am not! But the Star can memorize them. We just need to… to take them for a few, as it where." You try to say it humorously.
"No fun."
"Sea, your fun is dangerous and hurts."
"So."
You don't know how to answer to that. "There might be other ways. Like dunno, she ogled at my wings too. Might as well try something."
When she speaks it's in the voice she usually uses to play the baturai. "Like hex she moved; ignis occulus, vininum lingua, vagina dentata."
"Okay. But I'll still search a better way to do this."
"I'll wait sitting."
"So w—Ah!" You little shout gives Sea an almost unnoticeable start. "Don't do that!"
"What?" Asks the Star obliviously.
"Sneak up on me."
"Told you." Sea seems, maybe, pleased that someone else was surprised by the Star.
The Star pokes a fake -and bifid- tongue at Sea before speaking up. "What were you talking about?"
"You already know that." Says Sea.
"It's polite to ask." Says the Star defensively.
"It's not to sneak or hear on people." Sea pauses. "You make noise when you are hearing more."
"Hey," you say as cheerfully as you can. "What if we don't tear each other's throats."
"For your information I don't have a throat." Says the Star, "And you could've pushed that you are a dignitary more, you know. Or trade books. Or sleep with her or Silver. Something legal."
"Maybe." You think for a moment. "If worse came to worse I can talk with the gypsy. I don't think she lied about knowing people. Or that thief."
"The one with the cape?" Asks the Star. "We'd have to find them. And the library. My sensors didn't ping in anything like paper."
"Hidden under the statues." Says Sea gruffly. "We could find that fighting ring too."
>>
>>30690563
I don't know how much she would believe that I were I dignitary. But if she read those journals than she might believe me. Even then she'd probably want something in exchange.
So an entrance to her library is hidden under her statue? What'd have guessed.
The journals aren't going anywhere so I guess we could go check out the fighting ring? Or Star could go with Sea to it.
>>
>>30690563
We can try offering books, but her main priority is to get to Sea. At least Sea seems to know where the library is hidden at if we do decide to break and enter.
Go find this fighting ring with her.
>>
Leaf's cutiemark should have been a waterfall or or a riding crop, cuz he's drowning in Pussy.
That was an attempted joke. I am sorry if it failed to make you kek. He only fucked one chick. I wonder if there will ever be a Prostitute Quest.
>>
>>30690563
We might have to trade a book because Sea won't show and I don't think golden has even the tiniest interest in us but then the question becomes which one.
>>
"Right, just let me—"
"Now."
"Okay, it can wait." The Star flies off wordlessly, a mater-of-fact statement that she won't be coming with. "You really need to punch someone, don't you." You say as you walk off, Sea following you.
"Yes."
"Okay, I get it."
"If you think so."
You don't answer to that, turning to look at her instead. Thread said Francesca was delicate and needed a Guardian.
Sea is pretty guarded herself. Nevermind physical safety.
It only makes you wonder. A character, said Sea. Nothing but.
You don't act, she also said. You are.
"You are still thinking about that." Says Sea.
"Kind of."
"Don't tell her about your books."
"I know."
"Did she talk about Vile Trades?"
"No?"
"You don't want her to."
She doesn't seem to feel like talking anymore, so you leave her be—she might give in to her craving for violence on you, with that mood.
"Do you—" She starts after a while, only to shut up again.
"Hm?"
She doesn't answer. You find what you hope is a proper, respectable gymnasium or dojo a few minutes later.
Then you slap mentally for that. It's not what Sea is searching.
You knock the door, well cared for but unadornished steel, and wait until what looks like an old janitor opens it, squinting -eyes as yellow as everyone else's- to see you past cataracts.
"Are you the new lad?" He asks.
"Is this a ring." Asks Sea.
"The lads are—" Starts the old stallion, but Sea shoves him aside to enter, head low as if she was ready to pounce at the nearest thing.
You can't help shuddering, a cold shiver going down your spine.
>>
>>30692863
Follow her in. Maybe we can place a bet on her and win some pearls.
>>
>>30692863
Place all our bets on Sea. Nothing will stand in her way with that mood. More questions about questions her past just keep coming up. She really doesn't want to remember it.
>>
>>30692863
Sea wait! L-let me ask for someone ti spar with you.

>>30692880
>>30693338
betting everything is stupid, and this is a dojo, not some shady pub to place bets on brawlers you idiot.
>>
>>30693338
no on the betting everything as Sea is not invincible. maybe she doesnt want to cgate about her past.
>>
>>30692863
Apologize to the old stallion and ask if there is anyone nice who wouldn't mind sparring with our friend.
>>
Did I already ask it Leaf had a book on how pegasi mass produced clouds?
>>
>>30692863
Please don't hurt anyone too badly Sea. I think this is a dojo.
Ask the old stallion if he's the master of this dojo or how one can apply themselves. Or if they can use the equipment here.
How did they afford metal doors?

Also is Leaf earning enough to bmpark his and Sea's homes out of the ghetto? Did we make any friends with anyone living in the ghettos?
>>
bump cause i saw it on page 10
>>
>>30692863
Ask Sea to wait up. Maybe they have an area dedicated to sparing? Might be a ring or a large mat on the ground.
Ask the old dude if it's ok if she comes inside to spar. Who's the best fighter that's currently here?
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HLDJ2QteN7c
>>
>>30692880 >>30693338 >>30693427 >>30693407
>>30694160 >>30694345 >>30694670 >>30697216
"Hey-- Wait, did you do this?" You start running and stop immediately, looking at the door. It has the sort of hammering that's there to make it obvious it wasn't bought. "Nice frame."
"Well yes, me n the lads, we wuz without door after--"
There's a shout. You shout, trying to be as gentle as you can when you have to shove the old stallion out of the way too.
A roll of the cheap clothe they use for bathrooms here flies over Sea's head when she walks out of the room in question, unaffected by it. The next door is a closet, as evidenced by the broom that falls on her face. Another janitor shouts her off the next door, having heard her approach.
She keeps advancing from door to door with grim determination, feeling the walls with her tail, like a banshee without any idea of where she is or where to go.
"Hey," You trot to her, "Sea, you could just ask."
She grumbles something and tries the next door. This one--
Okay how many things is this place. Why is there a sauna.
Sea doesn't seem any more pleased by the sudden wall of vapor or soap bar hitting her face than she was by any of the other doors.
The next, thankfully, leads to a large room with two fighting rings-- each a circular stage covered in polished wood that raises a meter or two off the ground, with ropes that remind you of boxing delimiting it. A few foals are playing in one, but there's a pony and a triton on the other.
"Are they fighting." She asks.
"About to--"
She walks to the stage, climbs it, and as the stallions make a reverence she grabs places her left hooves on his side and pushes hard, kicking him off the stage without doing any damage.
"Hey!" Starts the triton, bearing on her, "You can't just--"
She punches him, making his head wipe back strongly enough that you are afraid his neck is broken for a moment.

>1/2
>>
"Ouch." He turns it back to her unaffected. "You-- You!" He moves his jaw some, as if it was hurt.
Sea only remains silent, in a low posture.
"Fine," He readies a punch, "Have at you, biAH!"
Sea remains in the ring, now the only one there.
"Bitch!" Shots the triton from the chair he fell upside down on.
"Is anyone here worth a damn." Demands Sea.
"Uh, are you okay?" You trot to the triton as someone else climbs to the ring, saying she has a spur.
"My pride isn't." He doesn't seem to feel like standing properly yet.

>2/2

I haven't done much exploration of the neighborhood because then the SoL would've become endless. Same reason I am taking the fast lane with so many time skips.
>>30697219
Why do the directors of that movie hate teeth so much.
What did teeth do to them.
>>
>>30697432
Help the triton and watch the shit unfold.
>>
>>30697432
The teeth killed their parents, so the director became Tooth Man, defender of teeth and slayer of plaque.
>>
>>30697432
Try not to cry. Sea please. I don't want us to get arrested or something. No one will want to fight you if you're like this. Can you please get out of the ring so we can talk to the owner of this place? Maybe he could schedule a match for you, instead of you possible waiting hours -at worst- for someone to come.

Go check on the other ponyvshe threw out.
>>
>>30697432
They have a teeth fetish
>>
>>30697432
Good Lord how many bones do Tritons don't have?
Find protective hoof and head gear.
>>
>>30697432
Do they sell mouth guards here?
>>
>>30697462 >>30697496 >>30697844 >>30697846
"You sure?" You offer a hoof, and after a moment he grabs it to stand on his hooves again. "That was a nasty hit."
"You think I don't know?" He stretches his neck, and against your expectations there isn't any popping. "Bitch has it for me."
"Just how flexible are you tritons?" You sit on the closest chair and look at the match. Sea is hit on the face, but she grabs the hoof with her teeth and throws the mare who did it out of the ring.
"We are tough boys." The triton doesn't seem to have the intention to enter the ring again, unlike the mare Sea threw out. "But jeez doesn't she pack a punch."
Sea grabs the mare midlunge and grabs her by the barrel, neither stopping moving, to throw her off the stage again.
"Is anyone here worth a damn!?" Repeats Sea with a shout, again alone on the ring.
"They wuz training," Says the old stallion who opened the door. "They's rookies, you see."
"Then bring someone who isn't."
"Innit Sunday yet." The stallion starts climbing the ring awkwardly. Why didn't they put steps?
"I won't wait for Sunday."
"No need to, lass." The old stallion walks to Sea.
She is completely still for a moment, seeming confused, and steps away from him like a cat.
The old stallion keeps walking to her, stopping every once in a while to rub his aching hips. Sea keeps her distance from him, ears twitching, now wearing a curious expression.
"'Fraid, missy?" He keeps advancing with nonchalant persistence "Very meen, to jus' barge in."
The triton whistles, looking at the door, and your heart skips a beat when you look there.
Silver Platter sits quietly, eyes trained on the ring.
>>
>>30698963
Tell sea to be careful.
>>
>>30698963
lets go talk to Silver. if she tries to avoid us then dont let up.
what is she doing here? is she going to give a bullshit answer?
>>
>>30698963
looks like Sea will be taken down a peg.
>>
>tritons are super flexable
u-unf
>>
>>30698963
Did Sea take off out sunglasses? Can we stop the fight to get them?
>>
>>30698963
> A few foals are playing in one
And how are the reacting to Sea's brawling?

>Sea is hit on the face
I hope not in the mouth or eyes. Can we stop the fight and ask if they have mouth guards?
>>
>>30699039 >>30699909 >>30699919
>>30700042 >>30700319 >>30700346
You turn to the ring right now, since Silver seems like she'll stay put. She's still strafing circles, looking at the stallion curiously. The foals on the other ring are looking at them in fascination.
One of them trots to the triton, "What are they doing?"
"I think waiting for first blow?" He says, shrugging, "This is way off my league."
"Sea? Please be careful." You talk loudly.
She doesn't answer at first, but stands off her posture. The old stallion answers by stopping chasing her, giving her time to take off the glasses and throwing them in your general direction.
You scramble to grab them, missing them by a hair... and they are caught in green telekinesis. Silver's.
She floats them to her face and turns them, seeing them from different angles before throwing them back at you, eyes back on the match already.

They strafe for a moment longer, then Sea hops to the stallion in a feint and bounces back, his hoof moving quickly and her face, for an instant, moving away as fast as it approaches. The old stallion gives chase, pouncing on her while she's still reeling from the near-hit, and it's only now that Sea does something concrete-- Bouncing back towards him while he attacks, moving under his body to headbutt him on the jaw from below. Instead, he sidesteps and tries to give her a punch on the side of the head.

She takes it as gracefully as such a thing can be taken, hitting his leg away to then grab it, but can't find any purchase and he slides it away. Her next hit he bounces off with the flat of his hoof, but she presses on to land a hit on his head.

Or almost do so. She somehow stops it after it touches his for but before it touches the skin, her face unreadable to you.
"You are too old." She says mater of factly.
>1/2
>>
He doesn't answer-- Teeth gritted in pain and mouth half open in a smile as he flexes the leg he parried her punch with, "I say, about thirty, fifty years ago? We wuz even," He stands again, "But now? Ye need more practice, lass."

"I'd only have to hit once." She moves her hoof away from him, returning to her usual low posture.
"'N you takes too meny hits." He stands perfectly still, making you wonder if he's not actually always in posture. "Bad fer the body god gave you. You'll feel it when ye hips don move the same."

She doesn't answer, throwing herself at him again. He slides off to a side, but she keeps running and, when he seems surprised that she'll only pass by him, she hits sideways, shoving him aside with a hit of her flanks. She tries to press on, but he keeps parrying her with little effort in spite of the pain it causes him, forcing her to outwit him.

You turn around to Silver, who is watching the match intently, "Hey."
She doesn't look at you.
You sigh and stand to sit besides her, remembering the way the Star got you into the manor. "Hey."
Her eyes move to you, twitching to your wings for a split second.
"Any reason to come here?"
Silver gestures at Sea with her head, not seeming pleased at all, and her eyes return to the match.
>2/2
>>
>>30700647
How very informative of- wait. You probably are related to Sea in some way. She's blind.

Let me guess. You're mute? Or deaf?
>>
>>30700647
You cone here often? What's it like working for Silver Thread? How did you know to come here? We're you stalking us? Are you a creep? What can you tell me about Sea, yourself and Lady Golden Thread? Do you fight? What kind of spells do you know? I didn't know you had computers here, are there computer stores in this city? What can you tell me about Landly? What do you know about trees?
>>
>>30700647
Do you know anything related to farming in this region of the world?
>>
>>30700647
Ask if she likes sea or think she's delicate.
>>
>>30700647
Thanks for saving the glasses. Say why are there more pegasi than unicorns and earth ponies combined?
>>
>>30700647
check out her cutiemark.
>>
>>30700647
Yeah go Sea! Try dodging!
>>
Bomp
>>
>>30700694
>>30700717
>>30700725
>>30700750
>>30700769
>>30701047
"Thanks for the save." You show her the glasses. "Uhm, do you come here often?"
She still doesn't answer. You dig the floor some before talking again, "I am a farmer and chief back home, what's it like working for Golden?"
She turns to you with sepulchral silence, horn glowing. "Your Lady." She says terminantly.
"My Lady." You nod. My Lady Golden Thread." You give Sea a look— They are strafing again, trading short, fast bursts exchanges of blows every so often. "Are you related to Sea? Francis?" You correct yourself.
Silver shakes her head, not seeming particularly happy about the idea.
"So you don't like her." You nod again. "I'll cut to the chase… Does this give you the impression that she's delicate?"
She doesn't answer at first, and you take the chance to give a look to ger cutie mark.
A… silver plater. One of those fancy ones with little legs wrapped in golden filigree.
Silver notices and seems to misinterpret your intent, checking you out with an unimpressed expression that, for some reason, gives you the impression that she's playing hard to a degree.
"My thoughts about a cripple are not important." She says finally. "Only My Lady's."
>>
>>30702799
What is your cutiemark supposed to mean?
>>
>>30702799
>you take the chance to give a look to ger cutie mark.
>Silver notices and seems to misinterpret your intent, checking you out with an unimpressed expression
Don't flatter yourself, I was curious about you mark and with how you didn't like talking I figured looking would be fine.
So will this be a constant thing with you following Sea around? You gonna follow her home? Should I put a kettle on and invite you to tea?
Why has my lady taken an interest in Sea?

>She turns to you with sepulchral silence, horn glowing. "Your Lady." She says terminantly.
Watch out guys. She's threatening us. She's nothing but an uncivilized goon inside her guise of sophistication.
>>
>>30702799
Will you be telling your lady what you saw today then in detail?
>>
>>30702806
>>30702840
>>30702880
"Then you'll tell her about this?"
She doesn't answer.
"Or will you keep following us?" You say, "Should I boil some tea? Get the cookies? Why is My Lady interested in Sea?"
"My Lady only wishes for the safe return of Francis."
"She said as much, but not why."
Silver seems conflicted for a moment, still looking at the fight, "My Lady... covets Francis, is bewitched by her." She is quiet for a moment, "And the only thing I see here is a cripple who would do naught but harm to My Lady."
>>
>>30703436
Francis doesn't seem like the one who'd liked to be owned, especially by Lady Golden Threads. If you know enough about her then you'll know it won't work so well. Maybe if My Lady was a little more, "physical."
Gesture to the fighters.

I don't know the history between my Lady and Sea. I mean Francis.
>>
>>30703436
Hey. That's not a very nice thing to say about Sea. Surely your lady see's something in Sea that you cannot?
>>
>>30703963 >>30704916
"Sea won't accept being owned the way Go-- My Lady seems to want to." You say mater of factly. "And if she tried to Sea's liable to get physical." You gesture at the stage, where Sea grabs the old stallion by the tail to toss him halfway across the ring.

"My Lady can more than deal with a self-glorified cripple."

"Maybe," You try to picture the fight and regret it immediately. "I don't know what happened between them, just that Golden would harm Sea too." Silver doesn't answer, "Would you mind giving me an inkling?"

Silver takes her sweet time to answer, then grabs and drags you out of the room to a bathroom, threatening someone out of it with a glow of her horn.
"My Lady saw her on the stage and was charmed by the character," She says hushedly, "and when they met off the stage and My Lady saw behind that cripple's mask, it only enamored her more."

You give her the hardest look you can manage, too fed up with her calling Sea that. "I don't care what you think of her, have you thought you simply don't get it? That Gold--" She gives you a warning look, a telekinetic hand ready to slap you. "My Lady sees something you can't?"

"My Lady--" Silver closes her mouth, seeming conflicted. "My Lady sees what isn't there."
"I don't think you like this anymore than I do." You sigh "Do you?"
"I don't think you want them to meet anymore than I do." You sigh. "Do you?"
"My Lady wants her." Says Silver immediately.
"That's not what I asked."
Silver is quiet, tapping a hoof against the tiles, working her jaw as she takes her sweet time to give an answer, and doesn't answer by the time the door slams open.
Sea enters the room, head low, teeth gritted, now genuinely ready to tear someone's throat rather than looking for sport. "Leaf, did she hurt you in any way."
>>
>>30705477
>working her jaw as she takes her sweet time to give an answer, and doesn't answer by the time the door slams open.
Cammy you damn tease.

>"Leaf, did she hurt you in any way."
Nope nope nope just a conversation between two ponies. How'd the fight go? Are you ok? Is that stallion ok?
>>
>>30705477
is it me or are there glaring errors in this post?
>>
>>30705523
I forgot to delete that one line so there's two versions of them, I know, but I didn't think it was worth deleting and making a corrected post.
>>
>>30705477
Nah, she's alright.
>>
>>30705477
No need to be concerned. We just talked. She didn't do anything else.
>>
>>30705477
So you're a full time servant of Lady Golden Thread? Is that like a full time job? Do you get payed?
>>
>>30705477
>then grabs and drags you out of the room to a bathroom
>lewd assumption
We weren't doing anything I swear! W-we were just talking.
>>
>>30705518 >>30705533 >>30705604 >>30705888 >>30705899
"No!" You rush to say. "She just had something sensible to tell me."
"Silver talking to commoners." Sea doesn't seem convinced.
Silver doesn't answer, but gives Sea such a look that, if it doesn't kill her, it's not for lack of trying.
"You never answered me." You say before anyone decides to start a fight. "Do you want Sea to get anywhere near My Lady?"
Silver turns her look to you, but you do your best to stand your ground. Sea seems content with standing on the doorway and in Silver's way did she try to leave.
And, at last, she shakes her head.
"She should've stayed lost." She grimaces, "Regardless-- No, in spite of My Lady's wishes, their reunion is the last thing I want."
>>
>>30706664
Then maybe you can help with that. We need to look through some books. Give them to us and when we're done with them we'll give them back and she won't even notice they were missing. Better yet if you have a good memory look through them yourself and tell us what's inside.
>>
>>30706664
>"She should've stayed lost."
That's not a very nice thing to say, but I guess you have your lady's interests a heart?
>>
>>30706765 >>30707476
"Then help me avoid it. Get me those books for a few hours and you can take them back."
Silver is first confused, then surprised, then angry, "I'd rather burn them that give books to a plebeian."
"Hear me cry." Sea leans on the open door, not intending on moving away from it anytime soon.
Silver's eye twitches, "Even if I wanted to, I can't take books off My Lady's library. Only she can."
"Steal them." Says Sea simply.
"You are such an indignant—" starts Silver, but you interrupt her.
"Let's not." You make your most friendly smile, worried that she might call Sea a cripple on her face.
Silver snorts angrily. "Security is tighter while we have dignitaries and after that thief appeared in broad daylight. I cannot steal them singlehoofedly."
>>
>>30708593
>inb4 created an obvious situation where we need to work together to steal the books
>lel stupid fucking sub par unicorn slave servant too stupid to suggest the gtfo of town in exchange for the books.
>>
When a we gonna fuck a triton?
>>
>>30708593
Sea is there anything stopping you from just walking out the door once you meet her for awhile?
>>
>>30708593
>>30708593
Invest in Charisma and Speech
How exactly is security tighter? I thought It was just yourself that sexy ass gilf and maybe one other guy. Did she she have some kind of security system?
I forgot. Was that sea pony and gryphon parades had anything to do with dignitaries?

I bet Silver or Golden has a filth fetish.
>>
>>30708698
A Triton gilf
>>
>>30708593
>"Even if I wanted to, I can't take books off My Lady's library. Only she can."
Why?

>worried that she might call Sea a cripple on her face.
Is it 'in her face or 'on her face?

When will security loosen up? Is there a way to loosen security? Aren't you a lesbian too?
>>
>>30708831
*plebeian
I ment to say plebeian. Auto check is a bitch.
>>
Threesome when? They in the bathroom. Or is it also a shower?
>>
>>30708593
Do you know anything about the thief?

I vaguely have an idea as to why you dislike Sea, but what about me? What did I do?
>>
>>30708723 >>30708767 >>30708831 >>30708843 >>30709320 >>30710694
>>30710694
"I didn't see anyone but you and that old mare."
"My Lady may not need anyone to protect her, but her possessions and guests do."
"Golden--" A bolt hits the wall besides Sea, who is unfazed, "What? I am not in a first name basis with her?" She asks sardonically. "I am. That's everyone's problem, even mine."
"Please." You insist, "We can do this calmly. Isn't there any time security loosens? Or Sea-- Sea, can't you just talk with her and go away?"
"You don't know her, Far away." Sea shakes her head, "Golden will find some way to try keeping me there, and I'll try to break her neck when she does, and no one involved will like it."
"The sirens will visit the city, and most security will go with them... and must agree with the brute." Silver seems like she'd rather cut her own throat than say it. "My Lady craves her company."
"No, Golden craves Francis." Says Sea tiredly. "Which'll only make things worse."
"If you just went out of the town this'd all be solved." Says Silver gruffly. "I could convince My Lady it was a similar mare."
"No can do."
"We still have things to do here." You add. "Like getting those journals."
"And money." Adds Sea.
"I can pay you." She offers angrily, "I will pay you to go quietly by nightfall, if that's what it takes for My Lady to remain well."
>>
>>30710943
I think the journals are more important than the money. It's important that we find this mare and make sure she's still alive. Or at the very least find out what became of her.
>>
>>30710943
The journals would be a sure way to keep us out of Lady Golden's mane
>>
>>30711072 >>30711114
"The journal maters more than money." You shake your head.
"What is so important about them, anyway?" She nearly shouts. "What could be important enough for a plebeian to want books!?"
"Because you have Royal blood, do you." Says Sea drily.
"If you have to know," You say before Silver can snap back. "It's my only way to find a compatriot, or at least what happened to her, so that my princess and her family know."
To your surprise this gives her pause-- Mouth frozen in what you have no doubt was a quip aimed at Sea for a few seconds, looking at you with, at least, a little less haughtiness now.
"I am doing this for My Lady too-- My own." You add.
"You want us to stay away? Get us those journals." Says Sea.
"I already told you I can't take them off the library, you both are too large to sneak into it, and none of us can memorize several books. Unless you wanted to wait months for them?" She asks pointedly. "My Lady would seek Francis on her own long before I was done with the copies."
"You can get us keys." Says Sea. "Get us guard schedules. Distract Golden."
"I won't give the keys of the manor to plebeians, you brute." Silver's face is a rictus when she says it. "I'll unlock doors myself, if that's what it takes."
>>
>>30712461
Star. She might be able to do. But we'd need the dimensions of whatever place she'd need to sneak through.
>>
>>30714181
That's right. Thanks to her repairs she is nearly silent.

>>30712461
Who exactly was this "Francis" character?
>>
>>30712461
Fine. But let us about retaining the information. Just give us a path.
>>
>>30712461
I wonder if there's someone outside waiting to use the bathroom.
>>
>>30714181 >>30715085 >>30715711
"We can get the Star." You tell Sea, "She already was getting the jump on you before getting fixed."
"Do you think she'll fit in a bag? Or want to enter one?"
"I am sure she'll be fine with being inside a bag."
"Are you talking about the little one?"
"Yeah, that's the Star. She can float her pieces around."
"If that thing can be discrete enough I will get her in." Silver doesn't seem to put much faith in it, "Just get her to shut up."

Queued the Francis question, and paused.
>>
>>30716016
Make small talk.
So besides all this, how is your day?
>>
>>30716016
What did her magic bolt do to the wall? Did she burn it? Crack it? Or was her bark worse thwn her bite?
>>
>>30716016
Well this is gonna be fun. I hope not all unicorns are jerks in the future though they probably will be. Think of all our good unicorn friends we had in our life.
>>
>>30717322
Cold Snap, Dimethyltryptamine (or Big D for short), Suddy Rudder, Spinoff, Nitro Turner, Arbitrary Power.
>>
>>30716120 >>30716158 >>30717322 >>30719699
"What do we tell the Star? To just go to the manor?"
"Tell that thing to go to the east statue garden tomorrow morn." She gives Sea a sideways look, "Is there anything else?"
"Uhm. How's your day?"
"Dreadful." She says plainly, turning to the door.
Sea doesn't seem to feel like moving from it yet.
Silver throws another bolt at the floor near her hooves, melting the metal. Sea's only acknowledgment is moving a hoof away from the heat.
"Sea." You say.
Her eyes, through blind, move in your general direction, and she moves out of Silver's way.
We remain silent for a moment after she exits, then get out off the bathroom. Wouldn't be good to be made responsible for the damage.
"Sea?" You ask her as you both walk quickly out of the building. "I can't help wondering who was Francis, you know."
She is quiet for a moment, "Francis is just a character I played too well. And a corpse Golden won't let sink."
>>
>>30721463
But who was she? Like, a frail maiden or something?
>>
>>30721463
So how did your match go?
>>
>>30721463
Will you come back here on Sunday? does padding and head gear not exist in this setting?
>>
File: file.png (30KB, 442x372px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
30KB, 442x372px
>>30721486 >>30721511 >>30721982
"Golden talked like she was some frail maiden."
"Maybe that's what Golden liked."
You don't answer to that, walking quietly for a moment before a small gleam draws your eye, "Is that nosebleed? Couldn't you use protection?"
"The fight got heated, I don't, and give me the glasses. Light is distracting."
You put them on her forehead, "Forgot I had them. Did you have fun?"
She lowers the glasses to her eyes, "The old stallion was good."
"You plan to come next sunday?"
"Probably."
You walk for a moment longer in silence, "You know what's weird?"
"What."
"Snouts aren't as sharp back home."
"Ah." It's all she says.
You walk for a minute or two quietly. A sparrow caws in the distance.
"No wonder you are so bad at swimming." She says, then adds. "Are you free tomorrow."
"Bubba said he had personal affairs. I planned to practice the acting."
"We'll dock off to swim."

End this scene?
>>
>>30722852
Get her nose cleaned up.
If we dock off than we should bring the stuff we had intended to kill the monster. Did we get the flares?
>>
sex when?
Don't take me serious.
>>
I kind of miss the old stressed out crying Leaf.

>>30722852
Practice acting, or swimming? Hard to decide.

WHOA. I just had this great idea. LEAF could quit his job working as Bubba's assistant to help run his personal movie theater. Natan and Nitz will be part of the film crew while Leaf will serve drinks and snacks. Some substitute for popcorn, some kompot (a non-alcoholic beverage made by boiling fruits. Look it up), and other delicacies he can make with the local ingredients.

Looks like Leaf just might be able to open up that restaurant after all.
>>
>>30722852
When will Bubba grow some balls and ask Leaf for a tumble in the hay? Or in this case rocking the boat. I think.
>>
>>30722852
Oh boy more swimming. Yeah let's do it. I don't think acting as is life saving as swimming.
>>
>>30722926 >>30723408 >>30724356 >>30724359 >>30724367
"We should..." Your eyes are drawn to the blood. "Can you clean that? The blood?"
"Why."
"It's bothering me."
She shrugs and cleans it off her face with a hoof. It being on her arm unnerves you just a little less now.
"I'll get that flare gun I've talked about. And tell Bubba just in case."
"Is he your wife now."
"What? Bubba?" You try to laugh it off, remembering all the small things he adds to whatever he tells you. "Just a friend. I told him I'd check in in case his stuff was canceled."
"Sure." Blood keeps trickling off her nose.
"Doesn't the nosebleed bother you?"
"I've had worse."
Paused
>>
>>30724721
If you won't take care of yourself than I guess it's up to me. That sensei at the dojo had the right idea. Got to care for your body.

Good night
>>
Is seducing the giant Sea monster within the realm of possibility, without aiding it in any world flooding plots?
>>
>>30724738
>>30726279
"Alright, then I'll do it for you." You say decisively.
"Here."
"Yes."
"On the middle of the roadwalk."
Oh.
"When we get home." You say abashedly.

> -•-

The sails open with a loud thump, catching the feeble breeze. Sea decided moving her shack too wasn't necesary, so she took a few things from it -including ger refound spear- and left it under Natan's care.
He and the Star wave their hands at you. You wave back trying to ignore the weight in your chest.
Open sea again.
There's beauty to the endless horizon, you suppose. It's still as mildly scary as before, so you can't much appreciate that.
Does it count as agarophobia if a chunk of the fear is because of sea monsters? The question distracts you off the might-be-agarophobia, at least.
You grasp the fragment of the star on your hoof. You can squeeze it to call the Star if need be.
"Far away."
"What?"
"Are you brooding again."
>>
>>30726965
No I'm no. I'm just deep in thought. Yes.
Anyways what will you teach me?

Get to strechin boyo. Don't want to get any cramps not do ya?
>>
>>30726965
Prepare yourself for the ass whopping.
>>
>>30727116
Bit the pillow
>>
>>30727079 >>30727116
"No, no. Just thinking."
"So yes."
You sigh, "What did you want to teach today? Just swimming?"
"Hold your breath while I fish. Try swimming too." She checks the rope tied to her leg and the smaller, cheaper spears lying near her —each a short, sharpened metal rod, with a sturdy ring you can't guess the purpose of on it's blunt end.
"You to have to at least last a minute underwater as soon as you can."
"And if that snake comes?"
As if on que Sea's self-entitled pet of a snake, coiled over head, perka up.
"I hope it will, Far away."
You gulp.
"I'll notice it long before it reaches us." She adds.
"Thanks." You aren't sure if she's trying to comfort you, but it does. "I'll get to stretching."
"If you want." She tests the edge of her spear, drawing a droplet of blood off her arm, and seems pleased by it.
An hour or two pass. She seems content sitting stoically while you stretch every muscle—it keeps you distracted off possible sea monsters, at least.
A few ponies pass you by, swimming in the opposite direction. Sea's ears twitch and her face stays angled towards them like a cat's towards food.
That seems good enough for both of you, and once she's on the water you check your own rope and climb down into it.
Cold. You try to ignore the goosebumps and focus on your breathing. Not in, not out, you open your eyes and instead look underwater. Sea is already a distance away, her whole body -snout to tip of the spear, held by her tail- a single, fluid line of movement that chases after fish, only ever abandoning it's shape to stab with sudden, violent jerks that result in fish impaled by her spear.
You ascend for a breath of air, not wanting to see the grizzly display much more, and descended again with your eyes closed.
Blackness, pressure. Cold, a shudder running down your spine. Is this what it feels like for Sea? Or is it diferent for her?
A memory of the worm swimming returns to you. Your eyes open in their own.
>1/2
>>
"Unexpectedly gracious for such a mare, isn't it?" Asks a familiar voice— the same that talked to you outside Bubba's.
You look up at the surface. The only one you can see from this angle is Herb napping dangerously close to the edge of the rooftop.
>2/2
>>
>>30727394
Care not. Try to use your wings to help you swimming more than drowning.
>>
>>30727394
Just who are you? Are you that McGuffin or character in stories that are supposed to play a critical role in turning the point of the story or inform the reads of What a to come?

Kidding. Who are you? What do you want?
>>
>>30727394
Let's whisper talk.
Are you another monster? You must want something like that sea monster not to long ago. What's your game? Do you want something from me, because I have my doubts about you being nice enough to help out for free.

Uh. Try thinking. Maybe whatever this is, is telepathic? If not than resurface. You can't talk under water. I think.
>>
>>30727394
Maybe she likes us so much because we showed her earth?
>>
>>30727394
Despite her being an earth pony, this is her domain.
Did you lie about the monster?
>>
>>30727413 >>30727628 >>30727770 >>30727835
>>30727919
You consider ignoring the voice and focusing on the practicing instead, but realize how low on air you are and pull yourself to the surface.
And now you are supposed to answer anyway. Hng.
"You wouldn't believe she's an earth pony." You say, if only to avoid the elephant in the room for now.
"Water is her domain. More so than earth." He says distractedly.
"She liked earth."
"It's still part of what she is."
Silence. Some insect or another chirps on the grass nearby.
"Uhm, who are you?" You ask. "Did you lie?"
"Lie? No. That is why I am talking with you now." There's a splash at your left, and the shape of a hand -or a claw- is visible for an instant on the water. "To tell you that I am as surprised as you that the creature hasn't attacked yet, nor have I found any sign of it."
"Good." You say frankly, noticing that Sea's swiming back quickly.
"It's unusual for such a creature to be discrete, Leaf. And worrying."
>>
>>30728132
Maybe it's doing something else or somehow found a lead on the other stars and is going after them. There might be other reasons though those seem the most likely at the moment. Would you happen to know if alchemy waste would harm it?
>>
>>30728132
It is worrying. Who are you?
>>
>>30728132
>There's a splash at your left, and the shape of a hand -or a claw- is visible for an instant on the water.
So like the water shaped into the form of a hand or claw?
Roll to seduce the mysterious being and get a water hand job
>>
>>30728224 >>30728239 >>30728340
"Yes. But who are you?"
"Must I answer?"
"You already hide your face. At least give me a name."
"My face is not much of a choice." He seems to find that amusing. "But my name? Esteece."
"Oh."
"Ah?"
"I expected that to be harder."
He pauses for a moment, "Asking for someone's name it's not quite polite here, when they don't give it."
"Wait, really?"
"Most people don't think about it. And it's treated as more of a practical joke these days."
You lay your head on the grass, feeling defeated. "That's so stupid."
"Politeness usually is."
Esteece, whatever he is, seems to be content with the silence, An invisible and silent person doesn't do much to help your nerves. "What if the worm is going after other stars?"
"There are others?" He pauses for a moment, "Is it reasonable to expect the creature to know that? The sea extends wide between it's five corners."
"Great." You nod, not sure if you are saying it sardonically or honestly yourself. "Would alchemic waste hurt it?"
"Is it acidic or poisonous?"
"Bubba said it was both."
"Poison does not hurt poison. Oh, her."
"Who is that?" Asks Sea.
There's no answer.
"Hello?" You ask. Esteece is gone. "Great." You repeat.
"Doesn't mater. Climb." Says Sea, jumping to the grass to grab the small spears.
"Why?"
"Shark."
>>
>>30728940
Knowing that acid could hurt it is useful information.
Ask if she knows what kind of shark it is.
>>
>>30728940
Shark? Oh shit get the fuck on boy.
>>
>>30728940
so about that seduction roll
>>
File: file.png (5KB, 279x122px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
5KB, 279x122px
>>30729037
No dice.
>>
>>30729139
God dammit choosie. that's not fair.
>>
>>30729139
I demand a reroll. please?
>>
>>30728996 >>30729030
"Shark?" You pull yourself back to the grass faster than you knew you could. "What kind of shark."
"The kind that bites." She says at first, while checking the edge of the smaller spears once more, then she adds. "Half domesticated from how it moved. But it's better than the city's hunt."
"Domesticated?"
"Remember the ponies that swam the other way?" She pauses near the edge of the grass. "It must've escaped it's cage. And it's angry."
"Someone's pet." You aren't sure of how valid it is, but it's one of the first things that comes to your mind.
She seems annoyed by this, "It's a shark, Leaf."
She jumps to the water, having left her large spear behind to hold tree smaller ones instead.
>>
File: file.png (5KB, 306x125px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
5KB, 306x125px
>>30729171
You fail to be a slut too.
>>
>>30729196
I hope the shark doesn't hurt anyone. I wonder who in their right mind would keep a shark as a pet?
>>
>>30729209
Fucking dammit choosie I'll stab your cunt with a rusty knife.

OK. Fuck then roll for a dolphin than. fucking dammit.
>>
>>30729196
I wonder what Sea is going to do. Will she try leading it away from the ponies or kill it? Not like we can stop her.
Let's go start hoarding clouds.
>>
>>30729209
roll for a random encounter.
>>
>>30729196
Quietly call out for Esteece again. That mysterious cunt.
>>
File: file.png (5KB, 290x126px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
5KB, 290x126px
>>30729241
You fail spectacularly.
>>
>>30729559
One of these days Choosie. Bam, zoom, straight to the moon! Do me a favor and hit her.

So what haven't we tried yet?
Try rolling for sharks, those swimming ponies, monsters, shark ponies? those bird people that run really fast.

I won't stop until he rolls a crit!
>>
>>30729230 >>30729406 >>30729447 >>30729452
You watch her swim away for a second, wondering if she's actually planning on hunting a shark of all things.
Of course she is.
"Esteece?" You ask aloud just in case.
No answer. You sigh.
At least that worm hasn't appeared yet.
You look up at the sky. Hey, a cloud. That looks like a good enough distraction.
Twenty minutes later, sea swims under you as you prod the cloud to your roof, the shark nearing the surface sometimes. You notice that a fin has one of Sea's small spears on it, and as you watch it tries to charge onto Sea only for her to slide out of it's way in the last second, nailing a spear-- No, they are closer to stakes, on another fin.
You can't help cringing at that, the cloud puffing out under the sudden squeeze you give it.
The shark attempts to turn away, but Sea has the time to pass the rope you now realize was cut through the ring on the last stake and pull.
The other end held by a loop around your house, the sudden jerk when the shark reaches the limit of it's lenght rocks your house and breaks the rope-- But the result is that the shark is now completely missing a fin and has another heavily damaged one. Sea was swimming alongside it, and the third stake goes into one of it's gills.
The shark is trashing underwater, blood pouring off it's body and throwing bites everywhere. Sea swims a ways from it before shouting in exhilaration, "Far away! Can you cook shark!?"
You can't find it in yourself to answer that immediately, too focused on the shark's pain.
"Far away!?" She asks again.
>>
>>30729837
DO IT FAGGOT! Now's a good time to learn to cook meat like a man.
Let's grab that cook book on meat and get to crackin. More then enough meat to make some Shark steaks and then some. Shark Fin soup too.
>>
Can we fuck a shark?
>>
>>30730117
Heh.
>>
>>30729905
This.
>>
>>30729837
Make some shark fin soup and grilled/fried steak with whale fat. I wonder if the steak would float or anything. Don't make full course meals until you get the hang of it, and ask sea to help you butcher the shark to store in the freezer.
>>
Shark sushi
>>
>>30729837
I can try. It shouldn't be that hard. Just make sure it doesn't end up burnt.
>>
>>30732912
>Just make sure it doesn't end up burnt.
When you say that, are you referring to Sea or Leaf?
>>
>>30729837
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i1GmxMTwUgs
>You can't find it in yourself to answer that immediately, too focused on the shark's pain.
>You briefly make eye contact with the killing machine as it surfaces
>Though sharks may not be the most expressive of animals, you can almost feel the pain and fear from it.
>You can't tell if it wants you to help or kill it, but either one will ultimately save it in a way.
>A shark with no fins will drown and die (something about needing to propell themselves forwards)
Unless we got an electric stove or a sun stone stove during the timeskip, we won't be cooking meat any time soon.
>>
>>30733646
Leaf made an improvised electric stove.
>>
>>30733660
Really? When? I though hes just been using Cas's stove.

So like, did he have an electric stove or grill he just found somewhere in his house?
I wonder if his home had a basement.
>>
>>30733673
Yeah, his water heater isn't as fast now after he took some pieces of it for that.
Single-burner stove tho. At least until he gets gas to use the stove normally. which isn't complicated to do actually.
>>
>>30733735
Can you post the post here?
>>
>>30733791
On bed right now, but I could swear I wrote "water heater" specifically in that post.
>>
>>30733865
>An hour, opening your gas top, and several electric burns later, you have an electric stove top that should work.
>Too bad it meant taking some pieces from the water heater, but it'll still work so long as you give it more time to get it's work done.
Found it.
>>30729837
I guess we can cook food. Good thing we grabbed that cloud.
>>
>>30729905 >>30730475 >>30730944
>>30731598 >>30732912 >>30733646
>>30733660 >>30733673 >>30733735
>>30733791 >>30733865 >>30733892
"Are you sure?" You say, then remember the distance, "Are you sure!?"
"Yes!" She doesn't hesitate. "Bring my spear, I'll finish it off!"
You try not to look at the trashing, agonizing creature as you glide back home, butbfail to.
"Have you eaten shark before?" You ask her when she grabs it off your hooves.
"Yes." She takes a breath and sinks, mane floating ethereally around her as she stabs into it's head.
The shark twitches and falls still. She wraps the rope that remains attached to her to it and offers you it's extreme after surfacing.
"It tastes terrible." She says happily. "Help me pull or it'll sink."
"Then why—" she swims ahead of you pulling from the rope too, making you blush. "Uhm, Sea."
"Hm?"
"My house's the other way.“
"Ah." She turns around, still happy about her prey.
"And, er, the shark…"
"What about it?"
"It kinda, sorta, bit your tail's hair off."
"Don't tell me you are shy about that, Far away." She says happily, then keeps pulling.

Jump to the Star?
>>
>>30734013
And they they fucked. A lot.

Jump to the Adventures of Star: Empress of the Tabasco (whatever the name of the city was) hissy clan.
>>
>>30734057
*then they
>>
>>30734013
What if we try cooking and selling the excess shark meat? Or give it away?

Will Sea make some weapons from the teeth?
>>
>>30734013
Ask if that's an invitation then to stare at her bare flank
>>
>>30734013
You're certianly happy again after hunting that shark. What can we do with a shark's body besides cook it?
Try not to stare but fail to do so.
>>
File: file.png (27KB, 467x340px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
27KB, 467x340px
>>30734057 >>30734084 >>30734103 >>30734199 >>30734358
"Er, is that an invitation?" You ask, trying and failing not to stare.
"Don't push it, Far away." She doesn't sound bothered despite her words.

> -º-
[Passed to the Star]

You levitate near the statue garden, bored and waiting for Silver to come back and open a window. She did say it was a busy day...
The first thing your sensors pick is a pair of ponies, both clad in mail armor, moving in your general direction on a boat. Their chatter alone would probably be enough to warn you even without sensors, notes purple_pattern, and you hide in the small space between the manor and the water--
Oh.
The young siren stares back at you mutely.
"Hi." You say.
"Hi." She says automatically, her voice melodious, and then she seems to regret having replied at all.
>>
>>30735211
You're a siren, yes? Can you tell me about your people?

Can the Star multi task a conversation with the siren and paying attention to the sounds of silver walking in the manor / the opening of a window?
>>
>>30735211
The first thing your sensors pick is a pair of ponies, both clad in mail armor
With metal being as rare as it is here, those sets of mail armor must cost a small fortune. Maybe around the hundreds range for pearls.

>The young siren stares back at you mutely.
You're pretty. Mind of I take a picture? Do you know how to tame snakes?
>>
>>30735211
Have you ever seen any Duda's like me?
>>
>>30735211
What could this siren want? We're kind of busy and he/she will attract attention
If the siren would like to talk some more later, then can look for the "strange boat with the green on it."

Wait. Is that siren swimming in dirty or clean water? I thought all the water in the city was sort of dirty. Maybe I'm misremembering dome details.
>>
>>30735211
Roll foe the odds of Leaf seducing Bubba. Knowing Choosie it'll be a crit fail or some shit.

Did we already roll for Bubba?
>>
File: file.png (5KB, 262x118px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
5KB, 262x118px
>>30736536
It ends up being dissapointingly forgetable for the both of you.
>>
>>30736542
Reroll?
>>
>>30736542
Your rolls are shitty. Get someone else to roll for you.
>>
File: file.png (5KB, 268x116px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
5KB, 268x116px
>>30736602
It's even worse.
>>
>>30736608
Fuck you choosie. Try dicey or that other one for dnd. Or choosie's boi.
>>
File: file.png (5KB, 269x124px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
5KB, 269x124px
>>30736615
You have the best fuck of your life. In fact, every time you fuck again it feels like a pale parody of it, and a decade later you kill yourself out of accumulated sexual frustration.
>>
>>30735838 >>30736076 >>30736508 >>30736525
"I hadn't met a siren before." You hide with from the guards with her and dedicate on of your lateral thinkers, purple_pattern, to keep track of them. "I hadn't seen one of you before."

She avoids the spot where she thinks your eyes are -Ha! Technically you are six giant eyes.- at first, but hides under the water when the guards pass by, even when they can't possibly see her from this angle.

You go with her, adjusting your speakers to underwater settings, "The city's water is dirty."
Her eyes open wide at this, "Really?"
"I am not sure it's safe to swim here."
"But you--"
"I don't get sick." You chirp.
The guards gone, she touches surface again, giving a nervous look to the water around her.
"Are you hiding?" You ask her.
She bites her lower lip, then cringes when the fang draws blood. "I won't tell on you if you don't tell on me." She washes the small droplet of blood off her lip without noticing, seemingly an habit she has.
"Are you trying to get in?" You ask curiously.
She shakes her head.
>>
>>30736630
You wanna hang out later?
>>
>>30736622
Good. Now leaf can focus his efforts in fucking with Bubba and ignore the grow vaginas.
>>
File: file.png (22KB, 450x175px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
22KB, 450x175px
>>30736639
"What if we--" You hear steps above, and purple_pattern recognizes them to be SIlver's. "I am busy now, but do you want to visit later?"
She nods timidly.
You give her your address and glide to the window Silver opened-- She already turned around by the time you get a visual feed on there, pressing the cornerstone of a statue.
A magelight hovers up immediately, orbiting her with it's brightest point centered on her like a strange eye. By the time it stops your pieces are hidden behind a nearby statue, and you have a good position from which to see the guard that peeks out of the hole.
"Miss Silver?"
She gives him a sharp look, then talks. "Why aren't you wearing your neck guard?"
"Come on, you know that thing irritates everyone's neck."
"I didn't ask you that. I asked you why aren't you wearing your neck guard."
They trail off, arguing what seems to be more of a practiced habit than a real argument.
>>
>>30737582
Could this be the time to sneak?
>>
>>30737582
Looks like she's distracting him then. Let's proceed inside.
>>
>>30737779 >>30737800
You glide behind the guard and sneak past the door behind, sending a piece before just in case there's someone else inside. Once you know it's safe, you enter and have a good look at the library proper.
It's wood, all wood with three burnished and well cared for tables. Some candles await to be lit, each inside a glass bubble as to avoid starting a fire by mistake.
Hm... Purple_pattern doesn't like such a clean library-- It's not a properly loved one, according to it. Yet there's some signs of use, spilled ink and open notebooks here and there.
Your sensors find the journals immediately, glaring in how different they are to every other book in here. A pity that you can't just scan and store everything with the memory you have left.
Silver enters after a few minutes, ordering the guard not to disturb her and casting a spell on the door that, surprisingly enough, matches perfectly with an Equestrian one: Sound muffling.
"What in the Styx." She says when she sees all your pieces -sans the one Leaf has- hovering over open journals at once to record their contents. "Just what are you."
"An information retrieval, diplomacy oriented, mostly self-sufficient self programing arcanotronic construct." You say smugly. You aren't sure which of your pieces is the sound coming from, busy as you are multithreading to scan the journals faster. "Sub-model six-alpha to be exact."
"Right." She sits, probably to avoid collapsing, with a grimace and rubs her face. "To think I am betraying My Lady's trust..."

Alright, I am seriously needing a rest so, after the conversation with Silver ends tomorrow, I'll be pausing this for a week or two. I'll take that time to write the exact content of the journals calmly. And also probably post the designs of the other stars in a few days, since it doesn't really make sense that I am hush hush with those.
>>
>>30738079
Ponies do a lot of things to protect the ones they love. Even lie to them.
>>
>>30738079
>A pity that you can't just scan and store everything with the memory you have left.
Then delete what you consider to be redundant. What and how much could Star possibly have recorded? Maybe it would be a good idea to ask Natan how Duda's are capable of retaining so information at a later date.

>sans the one Leaf has
I didn't know this. Avert they senses from the shark.
>>
>>30738157
>You grasp the fragment of the star on your hoof. You can squeeze it to call the Star if need be.
>>
>>30738079
Do you want to be hush his about the Star designs?
Bleh. We could probably ask the Star what the other stars would look like.
>>
>>30739836
I'd been up to out of habit
>>
>>30738155 >>30738157 >>30738165
"Aren't you doing this to protect her?" She doesn't answer to you, "There's no harm in this. I thought it was fine if ponies did these things to protect others?"
She's still silent, eyes on the floor.
"Can I ask you something?" You take her lack of an answer as a chance to push, "Do you like your job?"
She only nods.
A minute passes. You scan a dozen pages in that time.
"It's an honor to assist My Lady." She says, then adds. "This city needs her, and she needs all the help she can get."

So no more questions? I'd like to end the session today.
>>
>>30740754
Yet there are ponies that are less that appreciative of her work. Why is that? I'm sure My Lady is doing the best she can.
How did My Lady Golden Thread become a noble?
>>
>>30740754
How's the shark cooking going?
>>
Here's a funny thought. We probably could have traded the journals for a book or two. Probably something mundane that Leaf wouldn't need. Too late now.
>>30740754
Ask about the computer. How common are they? Does Silver know anyone in this city that make them?
>>
>>30740936
The computer?
>>
>>30740942
The one that was in Goldens office.
>>
>>30740953
Care to quote that post?
>>
>>30740754
Help with what exactly? What does she do?
>>
>>30740782 >>30740936
"I am not sure if the city likes her much."

"Those... contemptuous brats." She grits her teeth, "They believe a town can be led with anything with a firm hoof." She takes a few deep breaths before talking again. "Have you been mugged in this city? Attacked or threatened? It used to be that Arabesco wasn't a city you went to, only one you came from. And now look at it!"

The outburst gives you pause, "What changed?"
"My Lady retired her father, who is best not mentioned to her."
"Retired?" Cyan_pattern and yellow_pattern perk at the word, suggesting some dreadsome things. "As in...?"
"I don't care where he is now. My Lady sent him far enough for the point to get across."

Remember, I am pausing for a while after this convo so I want to keep it compact. No scene changes.
>>
>>30741658
fair enough.
>>
>>30741658
How long have you been working for My Lady?
>>
>>30741658
Just wait it out until we're done.
>>
>>30741658
Her father sounds awful. If he was truly as bad as you say he was, I am glad he is "retired."
>>
>>30741658
Does Silver know what kind of book My Lady has? Mayhaps anything on the culture of your aquatic world, or the current technological levels?
Is My Lady in an possession of any daemons?
>>
>>30742962 >>30743850 >>30744215 >>30746416
"It sounds like he was awful."
Silver doesn't answer, her eyes wandering over your floating pieces. She sometimes twitches almost imperceptible when one of them shifts to change a page, as if she was readying to counterattack.
"What kind of books does My Lady collect?" You ask her, uncomfortable in the silence.
"All." Says Silver.
"Why?"
"Because they are dangerous."
Oh. It takes some effort not to do as purple_pattern is requesting you to.
"Do you like working here?"
"It's an honor to."
Oh. This time it's Pink_pattern you have to ignore.
"Uhm, does My Lady have cool things?"
Silver only nods, seeming puzzled.
"Like old armors or, or daemons. My own Lady had those. I think."
This gives her pause, still looking.g puzzled for a moment. "My Lady is not an heretic, nor does she practice vile trades." She says, seemingly too surprised tl be quite ofended yet.
"What's a vile trade?" You say as innocently as you can.
"Menial labor! She starts, then pauses, "pollute the body or mind and the soul will follow. It's the duty of a noble to remain unpolluted'
>>
>>30746987
name
Does your lady exercise? Because the phrase" use it or lose it" applies the pony body.
>>
>>30746987
I don't follow. You mean unpolluted by menial labor or daemons?
If referring to menial labot, there is nothing wrong with it. In fact maybe the common folk may see that as more admirable or easier to relate to.

And if you're referring to daemons, they are very essential, be you autonomous or not, always there in the background. In fact, everyone in a sense has their own daemons. You, me, your Lady, some guy in a park. My Lady holds a great swath of daemons and created thousands. Very impressive, yes?
If I knew you longer I could point out your daemons. It could be a dun bonding exsperience.
>inb4 Silver thinks Twilight is a worshipper of demons or a greater demon herself, all the while the star is confused and ignorant

Where yo name at? How's this gonna be saved on anonpone?
>>
>>30746987
Just how large is her library again? It's definitely large by this world standards, it what about our world? Is it the size of a normal size library? A small one? Just enough for a single wing?
I don't know this is a personal library so whatever.

It's a shame that flora is so uncommon here. If you had plants then you would have trees, and if you had trees then you could make books, and if you had more books they wouldn't be so rare and easily affordable, and if that were the case then everyone would be smarter.
>>
>>30746987
From where we are, can we see the titles of most of the books from our many eyes?

Can we show Silver is picture on our, "magic mirror" of a monster (with her promos of lashing out and a warning) and see if she's familiar with it? Or at least let us have a look at any of their cryptozoology tomes to look it up?

How is Star recording all of this? Is it taking picture of each page, or is it translating it all into text?
What if there were notes? What would be better for conserving memory?
>>
>>30747556
Or maybe pictures are faster to record than translating it into text on the spot?
>>
I'm tired of choosie giving shit rolls. What if this quest was about Leaf fucking people?
>>
>>30747153 >>30747451 >>30747496
>>30747556 >>30747574 >>30747623
"Doesn't she make excercise?"
"My Lady only strenghtens her body in ways that are proper."
"Oh." You try and fail to think of exercise that doesn't make ponies sweat. "Are you sure you don't have daemons?"
"Why must you insist with that?"
"It's just that everyone has daemons. It's just more literal for me."
"Wh--"
"I even have six that talk! Sort of. They are my lateral thinking subsystem, and they help me think."
"You hear demons?" She asks nervously.
"Yeah!"
"And they tell you to do things?"
"Princess Twilight made out of daemons! They are doing it now, like Purple. Purple keeps telling me how easy it'd be to make more books."
She just stares at you wide eyed for some reason. Purple_pattern does the closest thing an unthinking, bodyless figment of one's mind can do.
"Do you have any book about beasts?"
She nods silently, tight lipped, and floats another book to the table for you to scan.

The Star saves the books in something akin to svg format, to save snapshots of all the books without changes. It's similar to how she records "video", althrough that's closer to a physics model.
The book on monsters will be among the things I'll write while I have this paused.
>>
>>30748166
Thank her. Check out that book.
>>
>>30748166
Daemons for people work in the background behind your consciousness. It may not be as literal for you as it is me. Think about it like voices whispering to you. But you forget about it but sort of also have this lingering idea.

I'm liking this daemon talk.
Blue tells me your a stick in the mud and you need to lighten up, and white follows after that saying you'll never find a nice stallion or mare.
>>
>>30748166
Where will you post the Journals and the beastiary when you're back?
>>
>>30748365
I'll probably post them as PDFs and GBooks linked in the OP, with pastebin versions so it's stored in anonpone too just in case.
No such thing as too many redundant copies.
>>
>>30748439
Stay cool
>>
>My post didn't go thru
Fuck
I was gonna say that you could just leave the thread 404. I might answer the posts when I am back, but atm I don't really have the time left to answer them and I want to have the time for myself when I do have it.
>>
>>30750398
How many journals were there again? How much time would had elapsed by the time Star finished "reading" all the books from start to finish?
>>
>>30751018
I might have a clear answer when I am done writing the stuff.
>>
>>30751025
Nevah gonna give you up
>>
>>30752420
nevah gonna let you down
>>
>>30753382
Something something hurt you. Ok I'm letting it die after this.
Thread posts: 354
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.