[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the worst episode in the series and why is it Cart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 400px-Magma_Rager_full.jpg (44KB, 400x450px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Magma_Rager_full.jpg
44KB, 400x450px
What is the worst episode in the series and why is it Cart Before the Ponies?
>>
The only two episodes that are even close to the worst are either Princess Spike or What About Discord. CMC episodes are so incidental that it's hard to care about them even if they are bad.
>>
>>30640343
The worst episode is MMDW2 though.
>>
>>30640356
Not a great episode, but at least it had fun moments. Carts was just painful to watch.
>>
>>30640343
but Magma Rager, the worst episode is from Season 3
>>
Tie between Rainbow Falls and Newbie Dash. Rainbow Falls had fladerization, pandering, and the first instance that started a long line of making the Wonderbolts into bad guys. Quite honestly, I expected Newbie Dash to end with her quitting the Wonderbolts as it would have made the most sense considering the previous Wonderbolts episodes. But because it didn't, Newbie Dash is a huge fuck you that robbed Dash's main arc by fulfilling her dream within the first minute of the episode.

Rainbow Dash getting into the wonderbolts is a free 10/10 episode just like the CMC getting their marks/AJ parents episodes. But somehow, they managed to fuck it up even worse than Twilight becoming an alicorn in a single part episode.
>>
>>30640343
Honest Apple and 28 Pranks Later rival it, but you're not wrong about it being one of MLP's worst.
>>
>>30640355
Ironically, starting at around season 4, pretty much every CMC episode that doesn't involve the mane 6 in a major has ranged from good to series best while every one that does is one of the series worst.
>>
>>30640343
Applejack's Day Off, literally nothing the episode. I mean there's some dumb annoying episodes, but least there was something to them. The worst thing a piece of entrainment can be is be boring, and that's what that episode was.
>>
>>30640343
>>30641852
>>30640356
>>30642072
Was season 6 really that bad?
>>
File: playing in sprinklers.gif (4MB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
playing in sprinklers.gif
4MB, 490x490px
>>30640343
I absolutely hate Cart Before the Ponies
>>30642072
But Applejack's Day Off is the correct answer. The only episode I've been bored in form beginning to end. It's only redeeming point is pic related.

>>30642567
No, it wasn't. I actually loved most of S6. It had a couple garbage eps like most seasons. It's garbag eeps wer ejust a little more garbage than usual.
>>
>>30642567
No, people are exaggerating. Nothing beats Spike At Your Service.
It was pretty bad though, compared to other seasons.
>>
>>30640343
spike at your service? am a rite
>>
the thing is, spike at your service just butchered spike like no other episode has ever done, while there are other episodes that are just plain boring, spike at your service was just complete bullshit.
>>
I guess Mysterious Mare Do Well, because it was handled really poorly.
>>
>>30642688
Applejack's Day Off was on par with Spike At Your Service.

Like holy fucking shit, Berrow. This isn't a childrens' book. You don't need to have the characters blatantly say every single detail out loud, and you don't need to take a 5 minute plot and stretch it to 22 minutes.
>>
>>30642868
>Applejack's Day Off

That was written by the Fox Brothers and Neal Dusedau.
>>
>>30640343
Owl's well that ends well.
Does anybody remember that one?
>>
>>30642877
Really? The insanely dumbed-down writing made me think it was Berrow.

That only makes it worse.
>>
>>30641845
Casting my vote for Rainbows Falls. Never mind how skewed Dash's team is to make them look bad (why is a character that can barely fit through the rings even in this event? Derpy would have been the superior choice by default.)
What really pisses me off is that Dash-and Spitfire too, really-have to relearn a lesson they already learned two seasons ago. They try to pretend to teach a new, different moral but I wasn't buying it for a seond.

Really the only nice thing I can say about the episode is the nod to Fluttershy getting good from the events of HFS, thus being a participant in the games. That was kind of nice. That said, she's still made to look bad in this episode.

I didn't hate Newbie Dash like a lot of people, though I didn't love it either. If anything, it made me like Spitfire more by showing her to be a fairly level headed commander who kept the others teasing in check and actually acting like a responsible authority figure.
>>
>>30642670
>>30642688
S6 was worse than S4 or S5. It had way too many poochie episodes and at least 5 or 6 episodes that were just absolute garbage.
>>
>>30642670
I find an episode being frustrating is worse than it being boring. The episode flanderizes the older sisters so badly that they can't even hear what the CMC are directly telling them while making the CMC miserable throughout the entire episode. What makes it worse is that unlike episodes like Ponyville Confidential, they do nothing to deserve the torment they received.

Not to mention that it has the single worse scene in the series where the older sisters forget about the CMC after they crash and then the episode tries to convince us that the CMC were equally at fault for what happened. If the crash was the moment the older sisters realized they went too far, the episode would have simply been mediocre rather than horrendous.
>>
>>30642910
yep, that's a common problem in FIM, I find: idiot plots. Episodes that would be solved in 5 minutes if the characters weren't idiots.
>>
>>30642567
Not as bad as season 07, but for different reasons.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.