[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think the movie is coming out too late? I think it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: MLP_Movie_Promotional_Poster.jpg (21KB, 220x334px) Image search: [Google]
MLP_Movie_Promotional_Poster.jpg
21KB, 220x334px
Do you think the movie is coming out too late? I think it's kind of odd that the movie is coming out this late in the show's run, after 7 seasons. I think the movie should have come out after season 3 or 4.
>>
>>30604270
Hopefully it coming out on its seventh season won't be as bad as the ppg's movie coming out after its sixth.
>>
Yes, it's coming out much too late. The ride is ending and I'd wager that much of us has lost interest in mlp.
>>
I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's goin' down.

This fandom's been on life support for years now. Wake up and realize that this shit won't last forever.

Sure, we all like to believe that this ride will never end, but it will. And this goddamn movie will be the final nail in the coffin.
>>
File: 1497067941098.png (144KB, 800x457px) Image search: [Google]
1497067941098.png
144KB, 800x457px
>>30604270
some could complain about arriving late

but I'm not going to complain.Hasbro could have made much more profit around 2013 or 2014.However, the fact we are seeing this and making it into the big screen since 1986 is something worth to witness and enjoy after such a long ride.

I'm not going to say it's a prize but it could mean and will be part of history which we will say to our future generations that a non intended audience made a franchise bigger and more relevant.The movie is the consequence of it and you can say:"I was there"
>>
File: super sad lady bot.png (431KB, 624x360px) Image search: [Google]
super sad lady bot.png
431KB, 624x360px
>>30604286
>>30604311

You realize despite all of this MLP still is the biggest fandom of any cartoon? cartoons are Hated, specially on imageboards where the moe Otaku elite reigns supreme!
>>
File: 1212395.jpg (145KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1212395.jpg
145KB, 1920x1080px
>>30604270
It's coming too late, but it's a well deserved reward for those of us who didn't leave the fandom when the show became unbearable shit in season 6. So it's OK, at least it means that we didn't suffer for nothing.
>>
>>30604285
PPG movie came after or around the fourth season, if I'm remembering correctly. The show sucked after that, McCracken and Faust left to work on Foster's.
>>
>>30604270
Movies take a long time to develop from initial draft to premiere. I have the same concerns about timing but I think that this is more of a reward for those who stuck around like someone else said before.

In order to have the movie come out in 2013 Work would have needed to have started on the movie in 2011 or 2010. That was when the fanbase was still establishing itself and the show was still in its infancy. 2014 would have been better considering the hype was still there but there were a whole bunch of other factors to consider too.

But I digress I am excited to see the Movie and I am hoping that the movie is successful!
>>
I think it's late, but I'll probably watch it. The writing of the series and structure of the storytelling was still pretty good back when the movie was announced, so I still have some hope that the movie will turn out to be good.

Coming out around Season 3-5 would have been more ideal, especially with the frustrating habit of long hiatuses and half seasons they were doing, but the time it takes to do movies means that it just wouldn't be plausible to get a decent product by then.

Here's hoping the movie's good, and might even bring back some of the charm that the show used to have.
>>
What happened to the show? The last episode I saw was 100, now I'm back here because I saw a movie poster and everyone is saying it's shit now.
>>
>>30605859
Season 6 is cancer.
Season 7 is much better though.
>>
>>30605885
What happened in Season 6?
>>
File: IT'S POOCHIE TIME.jpg (134KB, 1198x673px) Image search: [Google]
IT'S POOCHIE TIME.jpg
134KB, 1198x673px
>>30605896
take a fucking guess
>>
>>30604286
I think you are forgetting that MLP is targetted for little girls. And as long as it is making a good profit, which it is, it wont stop.

Besides, most of the fandom were just bandwagonners or normies trying to act special.
>>
File: crystal hoof has a coke.jpg (139KB, 795x1006px) Image search: [Google]
crystal hoof has a coke.jpg
139KB, 795x1006px
>>30605896
S6 had a bunch of not good episodes very close together, one of which is important to the series' plot so you can't skip it, the least amount of great episodes, and a poorly structured season long arc starring two brand new characters who save the day in the finale, one of whom get's a twilicorn-like upgrade at the very end in a sequence that doesn't make too much sense unless you're the type to make massive leaps in your headcanon to make sense of the show's more clumsy elements.
>>
>>30605946
Most of the problems people have with Changeling reformation is precisely because of their headcanon being violated.
>>
>>30605963
Most of the problems is that the season arc itself is violated. "Changelings can be good even if they look evil!" "No! Wait! Good changelings now look completely different for no fucking reason!" Having both episodes in the same season was fucking retarded.
>>
>>30604270
>instead of the season 3 finale it was a movie
>swapped cutie marks was just another episode
>movie plot was about Twiggy going through trials and using what she learned through the show
>becomes alimony
>doesn't have her own kingdom yet
>its okay because this is just another chapter of her training, she doesn't need to become an actual ruler yet
>season 4 is about Twiggy balancing her new princess related lessons with her normal life
If only
>>
>>30605982
The first thing had nothing to do with their appearance, just the basic fact of him being a Changeling.

No, a good Changeling can be good regardless of how they look. They just look differently when they aren't being starved by a tyrant.
>>
>>30605896
Nothing happened, just a bunch of imbeciles hating change or anything fresh. Starlight is much more interesting character than half of M6 anyway, but she is new, so you have autistic screeching, like you had with Cadance, winged Twilight, Sunset, and now Starlight...
>>
>>30605963
that's one of the major problems with the show
if they establish something that had previously been left blank for years, people get upset because it destroys the fanon
episode 100 is a prime example of this
they did nothing with many of those characters for nearly 5 years, then they gave them personalities and voices
some of which fell within what the fandom came up with (such as Octavia having a British accent or Berry Punch loving fruit punch)
many saw it as "pandering" to the fandom while others saw it as their headcanons being brutally raped
it was a "Damned if they do, damned if they don't" kind of situation
>>
>>30606006
>Starlight is much more interesting character
HA, no
>>
File: 1482920092233.png (47KB, 324x309px) Image search: [Google]
1482920092233.png
47KB, 324x309px
>>30606006
Hahaha ebin xd
>>
>>30604625
>muh smug anime girl mafia
All the normalfags and bandwagonners are currently posting anime girls and ahegao on social media, they have no ground to shit talk cartoons when half of them are memers and casuals
>>
>>30606006
>the writers are aware of how Starlight is just discount Twilight
>even have Trixie call her "mini Twilight"
The worst part is that Starlight had potential, before that god awful finale she could have been a cool rival that would oppose Twiggy's ideals instead of just another power level competition and even if she got reformed she would struggle to adapt since equality was all she knew (which we will never see because the writers are hacks and thought a 5 minute montage counted as character development)

Its sad when fucking Equestria Girls does a better job than the show, Shimmer actually paid for her mistakes and had to prove she deserved her friends, and they were smart enough to not bring Twilight back so she could be the leader and voice of reason
>>
>>30606007
I saw it as pandering and I liked that
>>
>>30606053
I saw it as them coming mostly to the same personality conclusions from the same source (FiM) that the fandom came up with
>>
>>30606048
>Its sad when fucking Equestria Girls does a better job than the show
This. And it's terrible. While Sunset had a huge evolution, Starlight keeps acting exactly like she used to in season 5, she just uses magic to solve her problems without giving a flying fuck about anyone else. While Sunset is a close friend to the other ayy lmaos, Starlight has zero interactions with any of them, she's just there, like a fucking table or something. It takes a huge effort to make FiM worse than EqG, but Haber did a fucking great job shitting on the show. What a fucking bastard.
>>
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_emoji_movie/#contentReviews
>There are people so buttblasted by ponies that they believed this movie would be better
>>
>>30606117
I don't see any mention of pony in the reviews
I also don't use reviews to tell me what movies I should go see
>>
>>30606229
When the trailer dropped back in June there were
triggered people decrying this movie as worse than the Emoji movie
>>
>>30606117
I wonder what the score for the MLP movie is going to be. It's probably going to be something like: "Charming, but a rather predictable plot and insufficient 2D and 3D integration" and with a score of around 60%.
>>
>>30606117
Wait it already came out?
>>
>>30606363
I think 60% is too generous. I think it will be in the 50s. But I agree the animation is going to be considered bad by the majority of critics and audiences. The style shown in the trailer really looks like the art for many many cheap mobile games, with shitty 3D and simple shaded 2D characters.It's nowhere on the same level of animation as Treasure Planet/Iron Giant etc but those are what it will be compared to because of the integrated 2D/3D style.
>>
>>30606416
7/28/2017
>>
>meanwhile twilight sparkle's husband film gets better rewievs
>>
>>30606469
I hate myself for getting the reference
>>
>>30605982
It goes a bit deeper than that. Before the last two seconds of the finale there was a coherent arc involving Thorax
First: He wanted to be good, but had trouble fighting his instincts because he was starving for love
Second: the love he got from the Crystal Empire and Spike allowed him to overcome those urges completely, eventually giving him glitter wings
Third: After becoming fully satisfied of love he gives it all up, unconditionally, with no strings attached to Chrysalis and transforms into his final form

Then all the other changelings transform, even though at this point they are all still starving, At this point there was a clear parallel between the changelings and what happens to insects between larvae and adult, so this scene would be like if a caterpillar became a butterfly without the prerequisite feasting. Now apparently, according to Vogel, what was meant to happen was that all of Thorax's love was supposed to bounce off Chrysalis and go into all the other changelings, giving them the required love to transform
(https://youtu.be/r35lbl1uWRQ?t=839)
But considering how nobody seems to have understood that was was happening implies that the scene was poorly conveyed.
>>
>>30606541
whats the reference
>>
>>30606006

Starlight makes me fell at fuck cock though.
>>
>>30606865
spiderman homecoming
>>
>>30606865
Spiderlight ship
>>
File: spider cheating them sluts.jpg (37KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
spider cheating them sluts.jpg
37KB, 500x368px
>>30606469
>>30606541
kek
>>
>>30606693
Vogel is shit, so everything that comes from his mouth is nothing but feces
he's proof that fans should never stick their fingers into the production of the show they're fans of
>>
>>30605896
A lot of mediocre to awful episodes and a lot of missed opportunities. For example, they give the CMC a really interesting ending to the cutie mark arc and begin a new one, but only dedicate two episodes to fleshing out their new arc and instead dedicate it to making a modern spongebob episode: compounding this issue is the fact that they only had three episodes that season

Or with Dash, who had the single longest arc in the series end within 2 minutes of an episode starting and instead make them episode a cringe fest focusing on dashes moronic behavior. Imagine if Dash had a crusader of the lost mark type episode for finally joining the wonderbolts.

They had a lot of interesting ideas to explore from season 5 and decided not to focus on any of them.
>>
I really hope the mean does really good.But am curious anyone remember that fan movie called "Journey of the Spark" before it got cancel.I wonder how well that would did?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.