[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was a part of the "brony" fandom since the beginning,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

I was a part of the "brony" fandom since the beginning, but over time I started to lose interest and somewhere around season 5 I think I stopped watching completely. I kinda want to get back into it but I don't have the same passion as I did before. Convince me keep watching.
>>
>>30570733
No.
>>
>>30570733
Season 6 is fucking shit, whatever you do, don't watch it.
>>
>>30570733
I don't really care what you do or don't do.
>>
>>30570733
What got you into the show and what got you out?
Just for curiosity.
>>
>>30570766
I just thought it was a really good cartoon with really likable characters. There wasn't ever a definitive "That's it, I'm done with this show!" it was just like a decrease in interest over time.
>>
>>30570733
Season 5 is far and away the best season in the show, it perfects everything that makes the show great.

Without any spoilers, here are some of the major improvements:

>the writers are continuing to improve the writing of the CMC, to the point where they are more endearing than the mane 6 at times. Rather than the writers doing the 100th CMC try to get X cutie mark episode, they go for more challenging issues: like the implications of getting one.
>Fluttershy episodes also see's a significant increase in quality, continuing the trend of developing her past "she is shy" by tackling other issues around her character like
>minor characters get much needed episodes, like big mac and luna; there is also the 100th episode which gives minor characters a prominent role
>season 5 also had what I consider the best two parter in the entire show; the season premiere fixes all of the problems that past two parters had (easily defeated villains, deus ex machina, twilight doing everything important)
>spike episodes remain shit in season 5, but see a significant improvement in season 6
>>
>>30570858
awesome, thanks for the response. I'll definitely watch at least through all of season 5. is season 6 as shit as the other anon said before, and what about season 7?
>>
>>3057087Season 7 has been a good so far, it has a bunch of great episodes already.
>>
File: 1492827804571.jpg (76KB, 796x782px) Image search: [Google]
1492827804571.jpg
76KB, 796x782px
>>30570873
Season 6 has a few kino episodes, but most are mediocre. Watch those that are important to the plot and those that are good, read synopsises for the rest.

Season 7 is 9/10 so far, way better than season 6. Watch all of it.
>>
>>30570873
I still have to catch up myself, but from the first half of season 6, it was quite a bit worse overall, there were only two episodes I really enjoyed, a few that were reasonably good and quite a few that were awful. I'll say that episodes that focus on the CMC, spike or other non main characters were better than the mane 6 one's, and that the one bad episode that wasn't focused on the mane 6 (a CMC one) was ruined because of how obnoxious the older sisters were.

I have heard that season 7 is supposed to be a lot better though, but can't say until I get there.
>>
>>30570892
>>30570893
sounds good. might even do a rewatch of the old seasons for nostalgia's sake. also was looking some stuff up about it just now and saw there's four equestria girls movies? i've only seen the first one and i thought it was alright, are the other ones good or at least worth seeing?
>>
>>30570907
The second one is decent, worth a watch. Beyond that, don't watch three and four unless you really like sunset, she's the only redeeming factor in them. Overall, 3 and 4 are trash.
>>
>>30570733
We have at least one of these threads every single day
>>
>>30570914
alright cool, thanks for lettin' me know.

>>30570918
kek sorry for adding on to that then. i'll be on my way now.

thank you to everyone that responded, i'm actually kinda excited to get back into it now.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.