[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else feel like the fandom only got big because there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: 1166048-1.gif (2MB, 432x496px) Image search: [Google]
1166048-1.gif
2MB, 432x496px
Does anyone else feel like the fandom only got big because there was such a negative reaction to the initial people who expressed interest in mlp? How do you think things would've played out if no one batted an eye at dudes liking pony?
>>
>>30557170
>rape
>>
>>30557170
reddit, funnyjunk, 9gag, facebook, tumblr, youtube, and any other social media site wouldnt have as many bronies, 4chan might have them, might not i knowwe wouldnt have a containment board for our own personal autism though.
>>
>>30557170
The fandom would have been better off if the bandwagoners never got on
>>
File: 530306.png (252KB, 721x688px) Image search: [Google]
530306.png
252KB, 721x688px
>>30557209
>mfw I got on just after S2 ended and I still enjoy the series
>>
File: blu fast.png (118KB, 309x307px) Image search: [Google]
blu fast.png
118KB, 309x307px
>>30557423
>mfw I got on just after s3 ended and I still enjoy the series immensely
>>
File: ITS RAINING PAIN HALLELUJAH.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ITS RAINING PAIN HALLELUJAH.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>30557426
>mfw I got on a little under halfway through season 1, and I hate myself now
>>
>>30557170
The fandom was at it is best in S1/S2 when bronies honestly liked the show, looked forward to what was to come, and there was a feeling of magicalness and enthusiasm for things to come.

Now... its just a cesspool of negativity. Not that I DISAGREE, as there's a ton of stuff that I hate about where the show went, and think there's alot to legitimately bitch about (The EOH's removal, starlight's introduction, ect.). Its just That you have to admit, things were funner in the past.
>>
>>30557170
The fandom was big not only because it was a unique and fresh show in the beginning. It came exactly at the right time. Any sooner or later, and it couldn't had been the same.

You see, it was the end of the 2000's and as many already know it was a dreadful decade for animation in general, specially during the later years. When everyone knew MLP was making a comeback, everyone was expecting tea parties, makeup, and hair-brushing with pastel pink and teal everywhere.

But it was not. It wasn't just " for little girls". It was a show that absolutely everyone could enjoy. The characters, main or background, were likeable, with a perfect chemistry between them and completely relatable. But it went beyond that: It had great lore, a huge world with limitless possibilities and in general, a perfect platform for creating GREAT stories.

The fandom exploded and content multiplied because, as >>30557655 stated, there was so much expectation about what it could be done in a "little girl's show", because really, it had absolutely everything that went far beyond tea parties: Adventure, life lessons, Slice of Life, comedy, feelsy moments...there was no limits and the fandom did its best to test those limits.

(1/2)
>>
>>30558051
(2/2)

Now, everyone shits on the "pop culture references" nowadays, but believe it or not, it was an important factor of why the show got so popular and the fandom got so big. The animators connected with the audience (Derpy, anyone?) and embraced the culture surrounding the show so much, that at some point if felt as if the fandom was the one powering the show, and not the other way around. The apex of this connection was imo when they canonized Derpy at TLR (ignoring the recton that followed). It was truly a magical time to experience

Nowadays, the show is not the same as it used to be, but bear in mind it had to chance to evolve and keep a certain degree of freshness. I'm not going to lie, I also dislike some of the decision they had to take, but to be completely honest, even with the new dynamics the show still has so much steam left, and it makes me very excited for what's about to come.

Now, I'm not buying that "fandom revival" meme, but I think the movie will spawn a small surge in pony content in the following months. Hasbro was wise to start to market to the brony market and to make their toys "for boys too", but with the movie coming nearly 4 years after Equestria Girls, it's too late to have a similar impact. Way too late.

The fandom was truly one-in-a-million event. It was such a perfect storm with all the variables coming at the right places.

There's a huge reason people often say "Will this be the next MLP"? It will never come again.
>>
File: 1498607029295.png (218KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1498607029295.png
218KB, 1200x1200px
>>30557423
>mfw I got in during season 1 and I want to kill myself
>>
>>30558546
Why aren't you happy that you got to experience the "golden days" ?
>>
File: 1500461410554.png (249KB, 1034x923px) Image search: [Google]
1500461410554.png
249KB, 1034x923px
>>30558546
>>
>>30558998
Probably because he knows these days are long gone
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.