[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Miss Bianca from the Rescuers a proto-Rarity? She even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 13

Is Miss Bianca from the Rescuers a proto-Rarity? She even says darling.
>>
File: 1.webm (3MB, 608x368px) Image search: [Google]
1.webm
3MB, 608x368px
I've watched them when I was younger and liked them, but now that I rewatched them a decade later I realized that my crush on Rarity might have had some roots in this character.
>>
>>30555559
The Gabore's were major sex symbols at the time. Just their voices alone are enough to captivate someone. I've got to find an upper class Hungarian woman and trick her into marrying me.
>>
>>30555559
that could be settled perfectly in Canterlot and you have a scene from Rarity Investigates
>>
>>30555471
No, because Bianca isn't a whore.
>>
>>30555471
She was based on as well as voiced by Eva Gabor who was a pretty well known socialite from her various actress roles from years back. I wouldn't be surprised if she was at least a partial influence for Rarara's character as well.
>>
File: 2.webm (3MB, 608x368px) Image search: [Google]
2.webm
3MB, 608x368px
>>
File: mane6 axis and allies.png (1MB, 1024x792px) Image search: [Google]
mane6 axis and allies.png
1MB, 1024x792px
Any other characters that share too many similarities with the mane six to be coincidence?
>>
>>30555471
I remember having a crush on her as a kid.
>>
>>30555559
Sigh, how I miss traditional animation...
>>
File: 1350692292590.gif (882KB, 350x400px) Image search: [Google]
1350692292590.gif
882KB, 350x400px
R-E-S C-U-E Rescue Aid Society...
>>
File: The Rescuers 1977 2.webm (3MB, 608x368px) Image search: [Google]
The Rescuers 1977 2.webm
3MB, 608x368px
>>
>>30555471
No. Rarity is a play on Vivienne Leigh in gone with the wind
>>
>>30555471
>No hooves
Hell bnaw
>>
>>30555471
Glad to see /mlp/ finally embracing their furry side.
>>
File: miss marshmallow.png (469KB, 927x1143px) Image search: [Google]
miss marshmallow.png
469KB, 927x1143px
Yes, she is
>>
File: no me arrepiento de este amor.png (211KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
no me arrepiento de este amor.png
211KB, 960x600px
>>30557016
>>
>>30555471
Its been over a decade since i watched this movie.

If i watch it now, ill start binge watching disney classics like there were no tomorrow.

Truly, a lost art.
>>
>>30555471
I kinda feel like Dolly from musical Hello Dolly! seems like an origin for Rarity's character.
>>
>>30556970
full-body handjobs though
>>
File: audrey-hepburn-14.jpg (47KB, 650x900px) Image search: [Google]
audrey-hepburn-14.jpg
47KB, 650x900px
>>30555841
This.

Rarity is based a little more on a 1960s actress named Audrey Hepburn, and her manestyle and mannerisms are particularly influenced by a character named Holly Golightly portrayed by Aubrey Hepburn in a film called "Breakfast at Tiffany's."

Then, too, calling everyone "Darling" sounds eccentric to us in 2017, but prior to 1970 or so that sort of exaggeratedly polite and affectionate public persona was something Audrey Hepburn, Eva Gabor, and a lot of other actresses did when interacting with the public.
>>
>>30555862
Fascinating.

A semiauto shotgun with a detachable box magazine? Seems to hold at least 14 or 15 rounds, if I'm counting correctly, too. Too bad it doesn't seem very reliable, but a lot of early 20th Century semiauto shotguns weren't.

Loaded with buckshot it would have been the tits for the close-in fighting on Iwo Jima or Okinawa. Even in 2017, though, semiauto shotguns are still not terribly reliable--rimmed cartridges don't play well with detachable box magazines holding more than 6-7 rounds, plus shotgun ammo tends to be rather dirty, leaving plastic shotcup and pellet buffer crud everywhere. H&K in Germany was working on a promising concept but everybody cancelled their contracts all at once when the Berlin Wall came down and H&K damn near went bankrupt as a result.

we /k/ nao
>>
>>30555471
Is Mettaton from the Undertale a proto-Rarity? He even says darling.
>>
>>30559951
I'm so not /k/, I never in my life noticed it's a shotgun.
>>
>>30559951
Yes, box mag shotguns are a thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1vPXTcE5-4
>>
File: tired.png (697KB, 4000x4200px) Image search: [Google]
tired.png
697KB, 4000x4200px
>>30559913
Rarity calling everyone darling would be eccentric in 2013 as well, because she used it scarcely. Then writers changed and people forgot and nobody cared, and now she's the Darling Pony not only in shitty fanfiction, but in the show as well.
>>
>>30556244
This

Love ponies but Flash Animation is lifeless garbage
>>
>>30560161
I think it's the artist, not the paintbrush.

Amazing work can be done with Flash, or people can use Flash and just phone it in. Traditional cel animation can be amazing, or it can be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTQI_XjoSSY
>>
File: high horse.gif (238KB, 500x249px) Image search: [Google]
high horse.gif
238KB, 500x249px
>>30560192
Well now I have to binge watch this shit in an afternoon
>>
>>30559981
Note that when she shoots stuff, it makes a pattern of holes, indicating that each shell is throwing a fistful of little pellets downrange, instead of one big bullet. The enormous bright red hulls being ejected when she fires are also indicative. The artists appear to have known a little about firearms and not made a generic "gun."

>>30559985
They are, but when I read about them on various firearms forums the Saigas don't seem to be very reliable. They're finicky about ammunition. Which is because shotgun ammunition is loaded to tremendously varying specs from manufacturer to manufacturer, and there is ammunition for different purposes. Things like recoil impulse, gas pressure curve, and so on, are all over the map, and no one's yet devised a semiauto firearm that is happy with that much variance in ammo, at least without having to change the settings on a gas valve, or rearrange a stack of friction brake rings in a recoil operated mechanism (even roller-delayed-blowback mechanisms aren't quite tolerant enough), and 21st Century militaries seem less and less interested in shotguns, even for close work in jungles and cities, perhaps because of the proliferation of reliable compact select-fire carbines like the M4 or AKS74U, so it seems that if further R&D is done on such things, it'll not have military funding, nor the prospect of military contracts. Which is a little sad, if only because so much of the stuff developed, like the HK CAWS, the Pancor Jackhammer, or the old Atchisson full-auto shotgun that was developed in the 1960s, never ended up being developed to the point where they could be issued.

>>30560087
something something Flanderization
>>
I have a fetish about woman say with a words "Darling"

I'm really happy
>>
File: raramouse.png (243KB, 450x1024px) Image search: [Google]
raramouse.png
243KB, 450x1024px
Yeah, it's been noticed.
>>
>>30560768
You would like G3 Rainbow Dash then.
>>
>>30555471
I've never seen the first Rescuers movie, is it any good?
I've only seen the second one.
>>
>>30563576
The second is actually better. But the first one has a nice slow pace to it and more of that old-school rough pencil animation style.
>>
>>30559955
>Mettaton
>Undertale
gtfo faggot
>>
>>30563588
That's what I'd heard.
>>
>>30563576
I personally prefer the first, less action and pretty cheesy but a very emotional ride. Look up the song "Someone's Waiting for You". But the second movie is still fantastic.

Fun fact, Rescuers Down Under is the first Disney sequel. They kinda went downhill after that.
>>
>>30563576
I prefer the second but then the last time I watched these two movies was when I was 6.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.