[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would a "bad word" episode go? >Flashback episode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: d3d.png (3MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
d3d.png
3MB, 5000x5000px
How would a "bad word" episode go?

>Flashback episode where Twilight or Shining accidentally swear in front baby Spike and he learns it?

>Same concept but with Flurry?

>Rainbow Dash accidentally swears in front a bunch of school foals and adults, making the parents question if she's actually a good role model for their foals?
>>
>>30554683
>"...'Seleessssstiuhhhh'.."
>"Isn't that the white sweaty guy you work for, Spongebob?"
>>
>>30554692
>"Hi anon! How the *horse neigh* are ya?"
>>
something like this

https://pastebin.com/MiSCHFiY
>>
>>30554683
Is a bad word episode a thing? What shows have done it?
>>
>>30554794

Baby Looney Tunes, Arthur, PowerPuff Girls.
>>
>>30554794

South Park.
>>
>>30554794
Rugrats, Spongebob...

It's actually one of my most wanted episode concepts for this show. They are always a hoot.
>>
>>30554933
The South Park movie is kind of this story archetype taken to its physical extreme.
>>
>>30555240
Blame Canada
>>
>>30555315
Blame moose country!
With their beady little eyes
And their horned heads full of lies!
>>
>>30554683
Those episodes are always terrible.
I don't think it would be good even if niel gaiman himself come down to write the episode.
>>
>>30554683
>>Rainbow Dash accidentally swears in front a bunch of school foals and adults, making the parents question if she's actually a good role model for their foals?

That could work, but not as a "bad word" episode.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 443x332px
>>30555448
You're calling Sailor Mouth terrible? I know this is an indecisive board, but have you not shame and/or childhood?
>>
>>30554965
How would you write it then?
>>
>>30554785
10/10 both the funniest, most wounding and real thing I've read in a while. Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>30557681
Check the spank thread >>30477680
some stories have a heavy mouth soaping component.
>>
>>30558320
D-Do you know of any in particular? That's a lot of stuff to dig through.
>>
>>30558381
Writefag KrishnaKarnak does a lot of them. They have domestic themes, often parent/child. I see another which involves stocks and a more brutal punishment (Twilight's Magical Mistake).

Pick your poison, Google or Pastebin:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fQD5u4oC3MnCins1xsmetWJ0LfKR4Kca0ungoSiKLXI/edit

https://pastebin.com/u/SkyeHigh

On Google you can ctrl-F for "soap".

Bad Apples 2
Twilight's Magical Mistake
Fuck! (this one seems to be entirely about soaping) https://pastebin.com/Z85H6Jcs
Baked
Don't call me baby!
Spank the Anon v2
Undercover Blues Part 1 (I think this one is just a brief reference)

The archives (Pastebin and Google both) are a few months out of date. Ask in the thread if you want more recommendations or more details, we don't bite.

If you like soaping, I would probably start with Fuck! or Baked. And this image. https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/26658705/#26720179
>>
File: Twilight_eyes_covered_S02E03.png (305KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Twilight_eyes_covered_S02E03.png
305KB, 1280x720px
>>30558451
Wow, never would've expected a response that thorough.

Guess I'm gonna go give myself some more shame boners, thanks Anon.
>>
What would the word be? Obviously they wouldn't say a real one.
>>
>>30558507
Well now that's kinda the issue isn't it? The way I see it, there's really three ways you can go with a so-called 'bad word episode'.

1. Use a real, non-offensive word, but don't offer any clues as to why it's considered offensive. If Pinkie suddenly says "Ah, peach pits!" and then everyone gasps, that's an example of this. The issue here is that if the word's TOO goofy, it may make whatever message you're trying to get across fail.

2. Use a real, non-offensive word, and offer clues as to why it's offensive. Example: We know dragonkind has had at best a rough relationship with ponykind. Pinkie says "Ah, dragon dung!". To an ancient pony, finding a sign a dragon is nearby might be a very, very bad thing. I think this is the best idea.

3. Use a real, offensive word. Generally not a great idea unless you're explicitly TRYING to be edgy.
>>
>>30558598
Just in case it's unclear, no, I don't think using bad words is edgy. I do think however that using them in what is tantamount to a children's cartoon, without absolute iron-clad justification, would be a really bad idea.
>>
>>30558598
As a FiM episode the episode must have a understandable moral. "Don't use bad words because they're bad!" seems too shallow for a moral from this show, even children know that moral and I assume they would want to know why adults use them despite preventing children to use them or why bad words exist in the first place.
>>
>>30558877
But why do "bad" word exist in the first place?
Why do you yell FUCK when you snub your toe?
Any other word would work, why exactly that one and what makes it "bad" for children? Its not like youre using the original meaning of the word.
I dont think you can explain something like that to children, because its more of a social thing than a "this word is bad" thing.

You can explain why faggot or nigger are bad. Its because its offensive.
Rarity using some made up slur for dragons and not getting why thats offensive until she gets called a marshmellow mule and gets it.
Or something.
>>
>>30556735
Just follow the usual template. It would have probably worked better in season 2, when the Cutie Mark Crusaders were more naive.

Sweetie Belle overhears a pony on the street say something foul then repeats it around her friends when she breaks something. Then they all start saying it around the other kids, Cheerilee realizes what's going on and it all leads back to Sweetie Belle. She gets in trouble for it and end on that note.

Maybe end like the PPG episode did and Scootaloo uses it one last time towards the end.
>>
>>30558893
>I dont think you can explain something like that to children, because its more of a social thing than a "this word is bad" thing.
Those "questions you can't give an answer" is what children wants to know than some lame moral they hear from their mom or teachers and what I personally think the show should challenge trying to give an answer or opinions.

And I'm pretty sure you can't make a episode where one character offends other characters like your example in TVY rating show.
I think Honest Apple would be the closest it could get for that moral.
>>
File: 1439240041859.png (1MB, 1280x950px) Image search: [Google]
1439240041859.png
1MB, 1280x950px
>>30559022
>questions you cant give an asnwer to
Thats exactly my point. You really cannot explain why some words are bad and other are not. There simply is no explanation other than "its the meaning of the word, its meant to be a bad word". There is no lesson to be learnt.

>you cant make a point about racial slurs
After the events of Gauntlet of Fire, the dragons send one of their own to Poniville to learn from the horses and the Great Spike. Being a teen dragon, he acts like a dick most of the time. He calls the ponies "mules", and this apparently is pretty offensive, but he doesnt get why because there are no mules or ponies in dragonland.
Rarity doesnt mind when AJ is called a field mule because "I mean, darling, look at her", but faints when shes called a mule herself.
RD finds "mule" absolutely hilarious until shes called a mule herself.
Spike doesnt want to look like a weak dragon so he just lets the dragon do whatever.
The main horses finally intervene and show him that words can be hurt people and he needs to tone it down several notches.
Dragon learns moral lesson.
Spike learns to be more stern and to say no for once.
Mane 6 learn not to be dicks to eachother like in every other episode.

And there you go. Its not actual racial slurs, so TVY cannot complain, its not a real word so the Derpy debacle is out of the question, its shown to not be *that* offensive so "boohoo ponies are mean" doesnt work either.
>>
>peeved
>>
>>30559426
Was wondering when someone would bring that up. Or pony feathers... Or flying feather
>>
>>30558005
One of my favorites.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.