[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular opinion thread. Somepony to Watchover Me was a great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: 654643543876876.jpg (38KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
654643543876876.jpg
38KB, 300x300px
Unpopular opinion thread.

Somepony to Watchover Me was a great episode with only one major problem.

Season 1 is the worst season of the show by far.

CMC are better characters than any of the mane 6, especially in newer seasons

Applejack has become the worst character on the show, her episodes have become either: nothing happens or make other people miserable.
>>
>>30537873
You are wrong
>>
Applejack's "Day" Off was not that bad.
>>
>>30537873
Applejack's episodes are the best (except the juice machine one)
>>
I unironically like nyx and would trade my left nut for her to be in one episode.
>>
>>30537873
Princesses are actually quite weak. Yeah they are stronger than normal ponies, but nowhere near god level. They could actually be overpowered and defeated by group of few skilled unicorns.
>>
File: 719558.png (473KB, 501x723px) Image search: [Google]
719558.png
473KB, 501x723px
The show's lore and fantasy elements were always the show's weakest links, even in season 1. It's always been pretty uninspired and/or so inconsistent that it's hard to actually get invested in. The show's best episodes barley involve magic and high fantasy at all. It would've been better if they did an EqG series first instead, which would've made EqG not just rehash of jokes and plots from the show.Better yet, they should've just approved Lauren's Galaxy Girls
>>
File: Yiff In Hell.png (304KB, 550x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Yiff In Hell.png
304KB, 550x2500px
>>30537873
This comic applies just as much to /mlp/ as to /b/.
>>
>>30537873
Starlight Glimmer is a Mary Sue.
>>
>>30538478
>Unpopular Opinion
>>
File: IWTCIRD.png (348KB, 1600x1484px) Image search: [Google]
IWTCIRD.png
348KB, 1600x1484px
This board has no soul.
>>
>>30538478
That's popular here.
>>
>>30538492
Starlight Glimmer is the best thing that ever happened to MLP.
>>
>>30538420
Galaxy Girls I can get, but EqG first would have been stupid. The original point of G4 was to reboot MLP and you couldn't do that without actual pones.
>>
>>30538498
That's also popular. Fandom is pretty split in the middle in regards to Starlight
>>
>>30538309
How so?

>>30538329
What is there to like about that episode, it was honestly the most boring episode in the series.
>>
>>30538407
>left

I'd give both

fuck it

dick too

my nipples even though they're inert
>>
File: 1488753820997.jpg (132KB, 800x627px) Image search: [Google]
1488753820997.jpg
132KB, 800x627px
>>30538507
I know, I just like EqG in the sense that I don't have to worry about tree of harmony this and princess of who gives shit that. I like that it's mostly characters just hanging out, really comfy. Unfortunately, EqG suffers from being an admittedly forced spinoff, so it just recycles a lot of things and comes off as half assed most of the time. Don't get me wrong, I love the main show, Perfect Pear is fucking godtier. I just hate that story always gets interpreted with a bunch of dumb lore that never has a satisfying pay off.
>>
All of EQGs are great and the first ones are the best.
>>
The golden era isn't just the early days as many people claim

it was crazy and explosive but that doesn't mean the good times are over
>>
>>30538711
The golden era is better by default for not having as many fans of the fandom.
>>
>>30538424
the furry is literally every mlp site except /mlp/.
>>
>>30538711
Seasons 4 + 5 were the best seasons. Haven't finished season 6 yet, but it seems pretty weak comparatively.
>>
>>30537873
Season 5 is better than Season 2.

The fandom is better in some ways than it used to be. People before just liked the idea of this fandom being as huge as it was, without realizing that also attracted a lot of undesirables. The fad of MLP completely going away means the more healthy side of it is starting to slowly take over.
>>
>>30539028
These are unpopular? Season 5 just does everything season 2 did but better: an obvious example would be the quality of the CMC episodes. Try watching the CMC episodes back to back and the change in quality is apparent.
>>
>>30537873
Newbie Dash is a excellent episode.
>>
>>30539062
Personally, I've seen a lot more love for Season 2 from others. But yeah, episodes like Crusaders of the Lost Mark really make you realize just how much better episodes in S5 can be. The emotional rollercoaster that episode made me go through solidified that opinion for me.
>>
>>30539062
And I forgot, I'd say that second opinion of mine is somewhat unpopular. I've seen a lot of people claim the fandom is dead and that it's no longer worth getting into the series, when stuff like songs uploaded on Youtube from S7 are still reaching a million views in just a couple of weeks, and S7 has proved MLP still has a lot of potential for solid episodes if the episode gets a good writer.
>>
I agree about S5 being my favourite and with S4-5 being the general best "part" of the show

About S5, I liked how we saw new episodes about old traditions, rather than new traditions.
I know it appears like seeing new stuff is better than seeing the same stuff with a different context, but seeing the Gala, Heart's Warming and Sisterhood Social again made me feel like Equestria's World was more "real" and that "a year has passed" said in S4 actually mattered.

I also think EG4 is the best one and Flash's forced romance made me more mad than timber's forced romance. It's still forced, but I liked it more I guess

Lastly, I like the villains getting redemption... It makes me remember that ponies are a forgiving and benevolent race, I guess.
>>
>>30539100
I wasn't even thinking of that one, but yea. I was thinking more typical episodes: comparing cutie pox, sisterhoof, and confidential with gloom, brother hoof, and mystery: all three of the latter are just significantly better versions of their season 2 equivalents.
>>
File: munch.png (228KB, 1003x621px) Image search: [Google]
munch.png
228KB, 1003x621px
>>30538407
>>30538563
Go ahead and ban me you faggots.
I'm gonna take 4chan's advice and kill myself.
AND FUCK YOU, I AIN'T LIVESTREAMING IT.
>>
Cart Before the Ponies is the worst episode in the series.
>>
>>30540701
Not sure if that's unpopular
Maybe most fans have other options for worst episode, but Cart Before is probably on many fans's worst 10 list

Also

I like alicorn Twilight more
>>
>>30540977
if you came after 2013,then it would be more likely that you like more Twilight as an alicorn because you are used to seeing her in that way

another thing to consider is that she has more episodes with it than not having the wings
>>
>>30540977
I assumed /mlp/ bottom 5 would be something like: 1. Magical Mystery Cure. 2. Whatever episode redeemed starlight, 3. Mare Do Well, 4. Spike at Your Service, 5. Dragon Quest.

Granted, I left /mlp/ for a few years so maybe they hate some recent episodes more.
>>
Jesus doesn't exist.
>>
>>30541112
*"redeemed"
>>
>>30541112
I think Princess Spike has probably replaced Dragon Quest
>>
>>30541192
Princess spike was a good episode that portrayed spike as competent
>>
File: over-the-edge.jpg (114KB, 440x815px) Image search: [Google]
over-the-edge.jpg
114KB, 440x815px
>>30538424
How can anyone take that comic seriously?
>>
>>30540977
>>30541192
Did /mlp/ every make a new rankings list after season 6 end?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.