[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just read a book by this guy. I think it explains the brony phenomenon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Viktor_Frankl2.jpg (495KB, 1000x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Viktor_Frankl2.jpg
495KB, 1000x1100px
Just read a book by this guy. I think it explains the brony phenomenon

>Guys get told about the show
>It threatens their masculinity
>They forbid themselves to think about it
>Because they resist it, they can't get it out of their head
>They get trapped
>>
>>30536911
I think here's a better theory.

>Show is good.
>People watch it.

I mean, if your theory was correct, there would also be a big fandom for Barbie, or any other girl-centered medium.
>>
File: image.png (306KB, 1537x895px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
306KB, 1537x895px
>>30536911
But I never forbid myself to think about it. I like things that are cute, and I'm okay with that, because I'm not an insecure little beta.
>>
>>30536920
>>30536921
Could that be an explanation for clopping then?
>>
>>30536911
My dude if your masculinity is threatened by cartoon horses then you never had any to begin with.
>>
File: an arib 2 the knee.jpg (35KB, 500x513px) Image search: [Google]
an arib 2 the knee.jpg
35KB, 500x513px
>>30536920
it is definitely a valid scenario though.
>>30536911
but dont go thinking this is the smoking gun of the mlp fandom
>>
>>30536934
Horse vagina.
>>
>>30536911.
Back when my little pony threads were on /co/, the show was appreciated, but the fandom was ironic. It was considered good, but no one would ever think of watching more than a couple of episodes.
Shortly after that the first wave of newfags became horsefuckers by falsely believing that this appreciation was completely unironic. They then spread like wildfire and extended their tendrils everywhere.
This massive influx of popularity generated a shitload of unbelievably high quality fan content; partially contributed by the lack of normies thanks to the social stigma around it.
This attracted the second wave of newfags (most of /mlp/) which was first hypnotized by the fan content and then by the show.
Eventually however, the third wave happened when the social stigma eroded away and normalfags ruined everything, leading to the decline we are experiencing right now.
>>
>>30536958
This
>>
>>30536911
I don't give a shit about my masculinity.
>>
>>30536958
Beat me to it.
>>
>>30536961
I don't remember it happening like that at all, but I don't want to get into an argument about it either.

I guess I'm saying to take this with a grain of salt.
>>
Isn't it just 80's and 90's animation nostalgia combined with the current counterculture against the mainsteam realism, grittiness and grimdark of the 2000's?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.