[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think the conclusion of all this teasing would be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

File: 1108338.jpg (128KB, 652x742px) Image search: [Google]
1108338.jpg
128KB, 652x742px
What do you think the conclusion of all this teasing would be? Would they have the balls to make it outright canon or leave it ambiguous?
>>
>>30525238
considering how homophobic this country still is, unlikely.

Older audiences know what they're about, but by keeping it ambiguous the biblefags can't accuse them of 'poisoning the minds of our children'
>>
>>30525238
Don't forget them talking about their "relationship" in the GoH comic.
>>
File: 1499992373803.png (227KB, 470x672px) Image search: [Google]
1499992373803.png
227KB, 470x672px
>>30525256
>>
>>30525335
>if you drink tea, you understand consent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tctREX4qaY
>>
>>30525238
Nothing, because they have to sell the show in Russia and the Middle East, as well as the UK.
>>
>>30525238
Modern day cartoons has been expressing LGBT shit lately, but Hasbro don't got the balls to do it.
>>
They're acknowledging the fans and keeping it PG for the kids.
>>
>>30525238
What do you want? An episode about them going on a date or what?

It's already canon and unambiguous, imho.
>>
>>30525238
They will never show them as a couple unless Hasbro gives the go-ahead. So far, straight couples only kiss at weddings, so it would be a stretch to depict them as more than "best friends".
>>
File: 12550.gif (193KB, 500x292px) Image search: [Google]
12550.gif
193KB, 500x292px
>>
>Would they have the balls to make it outright canon or leave it ambiguous?

Nope, Hasbro will never risk all those russian investors.
>>
>it's another "americans rev up their autism" thread
MOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
>>30525238
> Impling any FiM related teasing ever went anywhere during the 7 seasons.

Anon, please stop before you hurt yourself.
>>
File: 0.jpg (864KB, 2880x2131px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
864KB, 2880x2131px
>>30525238

They need to do it if they want to appeal the lgbt market or make it good like the other progressive cartoons.
>>
>>30525947
Don't forget Marvel and DC.
>>
>>30525947

>lgbt market

Those fags don't buy comics, videogames or toys
>>
>>30525238
Even the dykiest of dykes don't stick together as much as those two.
I'd say whatever is going on with those two, it's less cartoon and more "psychological thriller."
>>
>>30525256
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
I sincerely doubt they'll out and say it.
The easiest way to lose viewers and customers is to intentionally polarize yourself on controversial issues.
Until the culture of the United States and a majority of other countries where Hasbro sells goodies accepts gays as just another part of life, they will risk losing a chunk of their customers, the parents of small, impressionable children, whom may not want their kids to choose being gay.
>>
>>30526945
>choose
Oh shit, you opened pandoras box.
>>
>>30525379
Because mlp is big in russia.
>>
>>30526958
Looking at this thread, I'd say OP did that already. If anything, I'm just opening the Pandora's box inside Pandora's box
>>
>>30526964
Soon we will overtake the Gadget cult!
>>
>>30526964
So Putin is a horsefucker?
Respect.
>>
File: YxTyGNe.jpg (188KB, 1436x715px) Image search: [Google]
YxTyGNe.jpg
188KB, 1436x715px
>>30526983
So is the GOP apparently
>>
>>30526983
He's probably at least a /k/ommando, which makes him the secret boyfriend of horsefuckers worldwide, even if they don't know it.
>>
>>30526995
Trust me, we know...
>>
File: TwilightAngry.png (403KB, 4976x4676px) Image search: [Google]
TwilightAngry.png
403KB, 4976x4676px
>>30526988
>Wearing a Rainbow Dash beanie.
>Favorite pony is Twilight.

Make up your fucking mind, traitor!
>>
File: 916117.png (43KB, 615x347px) Image search: [Google]
916117.png
43KB, 615x347px
There, OP's actual question is solved. Can you guys stop chimping out now?
>>
>>30527337
B-but but Jim can't do anything right! Jim is trying to subvert the show with liberal values by putting gays into the show!
>>
To actually the answer, it depends entirely on what the Hasbro/show staff feel. It's pretty clear that they're aware of it and they tease it as hard they can without actually saying it. >>30527337 is the most direct response to the question we ever got, but I think we all know to take what Jim says with a grain of salt. Since Lyra and Bon aren't main characters, there are many ways they can sneak in a kind of confirmation in the background. Also in regards to "muh Russia demographic", you guys are aware that other countries just take out parts they don't like right? Like in some countries, Spike's crush on Rarity is completely omitted, even though that creates plotholes in some episodes. I think the most likely time they'll develop this ship further would be the 200th episode if we make it that long.
>>
>>30525238
i think that the first image says it all.

but they won't say they are a couple officialy.
>they showed a cross-eyed pegasus and every-fucking-body that isn't part of the fandom lost their shit.

if they do this, this could happen again. Hasbro won't allow it.
>>
There's nothing wrong with homosexuality and I think their relationship would be cute. Not that they could say "lesbian" on a kid's show though.
>>
>>30525238
I still don't see it.
>>
>>30525238
>two females can't be really close friends
I fucking hate shippers.
>>
>>30525238
Those bitches are fucking harder and more undercover then sailor uranus and sailor neptune.
>>
>>30525238
They can barely canonise FlutterCord, im not sure they can do an LGBT ship.
>>
>>30525238
I prefer to leave most of the romantic crap out of the show altogether, regardless of sex/gender/orientation. One of the reasons I like watching this show is that it portrays interesting social scenarios without devolving into generic romantic drama crap (also, little girls can wait until they reach middle school before they're indoctrinated into that kind of cancer).
All the shipping (aside from friendshipping) should stay where it belongs: in the fanfiction. There's no need to make any romance canon: it's better to leave it all to imagination.
Also, they get along awfully well for people in a romantic relationship, don't they? They seem more like really, really good friends who just love each-other's company, rather than a couple "in love".
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.