[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your most unpopular pony opinions? >not "i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 14

File: 14992134555.png (576KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
14992134555.png
576KB, 600x600px
What are your most unpopular pony opinions?

>not "i still think the show's good"
>not "i think glimmer is a good character"
>not "i think the movie looks good"
>not "i think the show is better without faust or larson"

pic unrelated, mostly
>>
>>30524645
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.
>>
>>30524645
I prefer Twilight as a unicorn
>>
File: 1218802.png (131KB, 396x443px) Image search: [Google]
1218802.png
131KB, 396x443px
>>30524645
A Royal Problem is the only bad episode the Lady Writers have ever written, but it's fucking terrible. Not only it's the absolute worst episode in season 7, it's one of my least favorite episodes in the entire show. For my own sanity, I prefer to think that it was written by someone else. I'd rather rewatch Honest Apple 20 times before watching ARP again.

Fluttershy Leans In is one of the best episodes in season 7, and The Best Fluttershy episode since Hurricane Fluttershy.
>>
>>30524875
Could you explain why? That's a pretty interesting perspective to dislike it to the point that it's one of your least favorite.
>>
you're waifu a shit
>>
File: image.png (105KB, 255x251px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
105KB, 255x251px
>>30524645
>Still thinking the show is good is an unpopular opinion
>>
>>30524875
Holy bait, Bateman!
>>
File: 1489416119486.jpg (76KB, 600x551px) Image search: [Google]
1489416119486.jpg
76KB, 600x551px
>Fluttershy is worst pony
>Trixie is insufferable (reminds me of a fat woman trying to get a refund at McDonald's after eating 3/4 of her meal)
>Magical Mystery Cure was a good episode
>I like Shining Armor
>EqG is not completely shit
>>
>>30525047
Shining is alright but man the rest of those opinions suck
>>
>>30524958
It changed the "rules" of the Map for no fucking reason, destroying its link with the Tree of Harmony, thus making the Elements absolutely irrelevant. The Map was literally the only thing remaining with a connection to the first episode, it was an anchor to prove that the mane 6 are the main characters. Removing that anchor means that the show doesn't consider the mane 6 "special" in any way anymore. If it's intentional, it means bad news for the mane 6, if it's unintentional, it's terrible writing, because, again, it was completely unjustified.
This episode also proves that Starlight will never improve. In this episode, Starlight did exactly what she always does, she abused her magic to get what she wants, without caring about doing what's right. But unlike her previous episodes, here they tried to convince us that a) Starlight was right, b) what Starlight did was the only possible solution (which is a lie, considering that the comics had the exact same conflicts without justifying magic abuse), and c) Starlight is better at solving friendship problems than the Princess of Friendship (Twilight could have simply be gone, but she was there only "prove" that she was useless). If exactly the same that used to be Starlight's biggest problem suddenly makes her better than Twilight, she has no reason to change. She'll keep doing exactly the same forever.
Everything with the episode is wrong. If I tried to write an episode justifying that magic abuse is a better solution than friendship, and destroying the legacy of the show, I couldn't have done it worse. I can't understand how the fuck the same people who wrote The Perfect Pear, a fucking 11/10 episode, and other great episodes such as Rarity Investigates or Top Bolt, wrote this fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>30525047
Get the fuck out of here retarded barbiefag
>>
>>30524645
There are no bad episodes. The worst episodes are just 5/10, sort of forgettable and boring at times with poorly exected SoL aspects Like the average Loud House episode.
>>
>>30525180
You make me miss Lee
>>
>>30524645
I dunno about unpopular since i don't remember anyone saying it their favorite episode.
"super speedy cider squeezy 6000" is the worst episode not only in season 2 but in entire in shows history.It's gen3 tier!
>>
File: Drunk horse noises.png (164KB, 865x745px) Image search: [Google]
Drunk horse noises.png
164KB, 865x745px
>>30525165
>I can't understand how the fuck the same people who wrote The Perfect Pear, a fucking 11/10 episode, and other great episodes such as Rarity Investigates or Top Bolt, wrote this fucking piece of shit.
"Starlight glimmer needs to be important to the episode."
Imagine you are the writer for a cartoon whose fanbase has been waiting for an episode centered around two characters in particular for close to seven years, and your boss walks up to you one day and gives you that order.
Say what you will about her appearances in every other episode, but in this particular instance she's the definition of shoehorned.
>Gets chosen by herself.
>Does nothing friendship related for the entire episode.
>Spell she casts cant be reversed because reasons
>Side plot about her feeling bad about not knowing what to do / fucking up.
>Simply provides an excuse for the actually important characters to solve their problem.
>Praised for her fuck up at the end.
>>
>>30526163
Who else should have been called? It couldn't of been twilight. She sucks celestias dick too much to say that anything is wrong.
>>
File: minuette shutter shades.png (245KB, 357x353px) Image search: [Google]
minuette shutter shades.png
245KB, 357x353px
>>30528305
Not him, but it's simple. Don't make it a map episode. You could probably come up with dozens of plot devices to get Gimmer in Canterlot
>Celestia calls Glimmer to get to know her better after she saved Equestria
>Trixie had a show in Canterlot and needed her lovely assistant
>Twilight sends Glimmer to Canterlot to see what she sees as the perfect relationship of Celestia and Luna
>There's a play playing there that only Glimmer wants to see
>Glimmer goes there because she just fuking feels like it.

Or you could have the map send Pinkie Pie and have her use a qt mark swap potion she got at a local alchemist or something.
>>
Celestia and Luna should have been the only alicorns and EqG should have been canned after the negative reaction to the first one.
>>
>>30529274
It's not exactly an unpopular. Most people agree on this when it comes to Cadence. Twilight is disputed, but it's pretty clear people just learned to tolerate the new alicorns.
>>
File: 1498269900835.png (53KB, 328x350px) Image search: [Google]
1498269900835.png
53KB, 328x350px
>>30529151
>use a qt mark swap potion she got at a local alchemist
Is this your idea of a better plot device? It's worse than the map.
>>
Starlight Glimmer is shit and her redemption was the fucking worst.
>>
>>30530763
That's not an unpopular opinion
>>
>>30530771
>There are people who actually think people who hate glimmer are even close to a majority
>>
>>30530819
You mean you got fucked by Jim a thousand times?
>>
>>30530823
What DID he mean by this?
>>
>>30529151
There's really no reason to have them swap cutie marks at all though. Why not just have Celestia take over Luna's duties, and Luna take over Celestia's? Why does it need to be this big magical fuck you for twenty four hours?

Also, Twilight's character took a complete 180 just to justify Glimmer being there. We've seen Twilight interact with Celestia before and she wasn't a spergy dicksucker. I mean, for fucks sake, Twilight's seen Celestia job about six times now, she knows that Celestia makes mistakes.
>>
>>30530937
>>30530726
>>30529151
>>30528305
They've literally shown they can transfer their magic to another pony before during the Tirek incident.
Would have been infinitely easier to do the sterotypical "I bet my jobs harder, NO U" plot straight off the bat and cut out all the glimmer / twilight parts in favor of more princess time.
>>
>>30524958
Not that anon, but there's a whole host of issues with this episode.
> Tries to make us believe that after minimum three years since Luna's return, neither sister has tried whatsoever to resolve the single greatest factor that lead up to her becoming Nightmare Moon. They just kind of went back to being bickering sisters, ignoring the horrifying implications of that situation arising so quickly again.
> Tells us they have no time to talk to each other. Bullshit, assuming zero sleep overlap they have 8 hours a day awake together. "But muh busy rulership duties" - yeah, are you telling me that they can't make even thirty minutes in a day to sit down and talk when the alternative seems to be open rebellion and banishment of your beloved sister?
> Starlight Glimmer contributes literally nothing unique to the episode. Sisters have been shown to exchange magic on their own, and that swap - which itself is fucking retarded, considering the power it demanded last time - in no way requires her. If anything, it's a setback to both Starlight and the Sisters' characters - portraying a mistake the form makes as a "good thing", and removing the development and agency of the latter by showing them as incapable of addressing the same issues they've faced before.

This episode would have worked shortly after Luna's return, when they were still theoretically walking on eggshells around each other. By this time, however, there's no reason for it to have gone down like it did - with or without Starlight.
>>
What's it matter, it's too late to fix the show at this point
>>
>>30524645
I think the lore and setting really do matter to the show. They're the framework the characters act within and communicate information on how we should react to the characters' actions - whether being fearful when they enter a place portrayed as dangerous, or impressed when they manage some dramatic act.

For that reason, I think the show really has been diminished by the lack of emphasis on lore/setting continuity, leading to bizarre things like fully-modern cities, casual use of powered vehicles, and characters pulling off feats left and right that were previously shown to be huge deals.
>>
>>30531113
There have been modern buildings and machinery as early as the first season
>manehattan
>that machine twilight used in the pinky sence episode
Even more in season two, which had a fucking arcade cabinet in hearts and hooves day
>>
>>30524853
not unpopular
she would be way more interesting without her horn instead
>>
>>30530973
This. I mean Celestia raised the moon for a thousand years pretty sure she didn't need to swap her cutie mark with Luna for that to happen
>>
>>30524645

>Mane-iac was a good villain
>>
File: 1451540649906.png (84KB, 420x487px) Image search: [Google]
1451540649906.png
84KB, 420x487px
>>30531095
But I still love this show so much. And this place.

I just want my Twibrarian back, anon. I just want her back.
>>
I like Twilight more as an alicorn
I do miss her cynic student old self but I like how she is now more

>>30524990
Nice pic
>>
>>30524645
Princess Celestia is a kind and just ruler with a healthy sense of humor. She is neither a tyrant nor a troll. That opinion is amazingly unpopular.
>>
>>30532228
I mean, it seems to me there's a decent split between people who found the tyrant/troll/molestia funny (but obviously not canon) and people who genuinely bought into that kind of stuff.

I personally am in the former category, but every once in a while I find someone who seems to really believe Celestia was actually plotting Luna's demise or something like that. I sometimes wonder if it's waifuism, or that they're so cynical they look at a chessmaster-type character and just can't believe she's honestly kind and just.
>>
>>30524645

>>30524977
dubs confirmed

>the show is still fun and enjoyable if you're not super autistic about it.
the truth hurts
>>
I like Timber
>>
>>30524645
I hate Scitwi.
>>
File: 1500194501651.png (191KB, 642x961px) Image search: [Google]
1500194501651.png
191KB, 642x961px
>>30526053
>Anthro
>>
File: 1465929739312.png (481KB, 400x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1465929739312.png
481KB, 400x1019px
>>30524875
>>
Aside from "the show is still good."

>season 5 was the best season in the show
>season 1 is far and away the worst season in the show
>The CMC are far and away the three best characters on the show and the show would benefit from making them the main characters
>>
Anyone have the data on /mlp/'s rankings of each episode?
>>
>>30530973
That's hardly a plot device.
>>
File: Poochie.png (231KB, 750x1375px) Image search: [Google]
Poochie.png
231KB, 750x1375px
>>30531095
This basically.
We all knew it wouldn't end when things were good. Hasbro is going to milk it for every cent they can and learn exactly nothing from it

Give it a few more seasons and you've got something much like The Simpsons. Either it's going to turn into "Ponies meet ponified celebrity" episodes, or they're going to end up introducing new characters every 5-10 seasons to not run out of ideas. That, or it morphs into literally just toy adverts. Where we see episodes centered around something that is clearly intended to be a toy that we will never see again after that, or is never meaningfully interacted with again.

As for one of my own unpopular opinions
>Anthro is not bad
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.