[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This episode is outstanding in a weird way. It's the only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

File: notaskingfortrouble.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
notaskingfortrouble.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
This episode is outstanding in a weird way. It's the only time a feminist cartoon actually made me wish a male character acknowledged he was in the wrong yet he didn't.
>>
File: 1494779649950.png (18KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1494779649950.png
18KB, 1100x1100px
>>30513078
But, he acknowledged in the end.
I think what you have in mind was that he should have acknowledged before not in the end.
However, that would make him be humiliated as the leader of the tribe.
The show made the best end possible, but you with your ("feminist cartoon") mentality wanted him to be humiliated in the front of all the tribe, I have to say try another bait next time.
>>
File: gifwalk.gif (402KB, 400x359px) Image search: [Google]
gifwalk.gif
402KB, 400x359px
>>30513078
he should not have acknowledged it. his role as prince is to be a strong leader for his tribe. asking someone, never mind an outsider, for help would make him look weak and instill fear among the yaks because they're now worried they have a weak leader which will bring hard times. he knew he needed help, but was stuck in a position where he was powerless to solve the problem and was not allowed to show it. pinkie saved the day
>>
>>30513282
The same way Rainbow's parents "acknowledged" they were going too far with their cheering, this was only subtly hinted at but didn't actually happen
>>
File: machiavelli.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
machiavelli.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
>>30513337
A truly great leader would manipulate his way into asking for help without looking weak, unfortunately yaks are too primitive
>>
File: CEASE YOUR FAGGOTRY.jpg (20KB, 426x314px) Image search: [Google]
CEASE YOUR FAGGOTRY.jpg
20KB, 426x314px
>>30513338
>Rainbow's parents
Not the same, we are talking about a leader not a nobody.
>>
>>30513078
>MLP:FIM
>Feminist Cartoon

Go back to plebbit.
>>
>>30513859
I take it Lauren Faust isn't a feminist?
>>
dem feminists m8
>>
>>30514670
Faust got BTFO of her own series, the show basically shits all over what she once wanted. There's a reason she started softly crying in that interview about not being able take the show and characters to where she initially wanted to.
>>
File: 1388280723075.jpg (18KB, 245x276px) Image search: [Google]
1388280723075.jpg
18KB, 245x276px
>>30513078
He wasn't wrong though. The whole point was that from the Yaks' point of view, a real friend will recognize when you need help and then help without you asking for it.
>>
>>30515346
this. it's even in the title.
>>
>>30515346
>>30515458
That's retarded though, because pinkie was ACTIVELY trying to help them out the entire time. Pinkie alone couldn't do it, she needed to go get people suited for it (I.E., hax powerful unicorns).
the yaks were just fucktards who were like "NO, YOU CANNOT GO GET OTHERS"
>>
>>30515484
She wasn't actively doing it at first. At first, she was trying to ask for permission or to get them to ask for help. She didn't actively do anything until she stopped trying to convince the yaks to ask for help and just helped them.
>>
File: Truth.jpg (21KB, 182x284px) Image search: [Google]
Truth.jpg
21KB, 182x284px
>>30513078
Males are always in the wrong, misogynist scum.
>>
>>30515484
>you should ask for help
no.
>you should ask for help
no.
>whatever, im gonna go get help anyway
now you understand
>>
>>30515346
>The whole point was that from the Yaks' point of view, a real friend will recognize when you need help and then help without you asking for it.
You and I both know that this lesson is complete and utter dogshit that never works in real life. Expecting something from somebody but not asking for it and then taking offence when it's not granted to you is called being an asshole. Or a woman.
>>
>>30515658
>never works in real life
theres quite a few times people go help out other people without first needing to ask them if you should help or without them asking you for help.
>>
File: FUK.png (492KB, 2683x2970px) Image search: [Google]
FUK.png
492KB, 2683x2970px
It's not really a relevant comparison to feminism if what the male character did is anything he's actually guilty of. To be a feminist complaint it has to be completely impossible to address, either being the fault of people long dead or be the result of some biological trait or socioeconomic reality that cannot possibly change. Feminist queries are structured in this way so they can't possibly generate any solutions or lead to anything other than continuing to talk about how women need more if not all-of-the control over every single social situation possible.

>>30513282

If feminists cared about a healthy social structure they would have stopped a decade ago when women really did become better and have more choices than us. That's fine, though, when society dies it will take their ideology along with it and we'll just make rules for women so strict in the next patriarchy it can't happen again. My personal suggestion for this would be keeping them totally illiterate.

Haha, the Muslims were smarter than us all along.
>>
>>30515712
Good job you made all my point into one word, now i going to say Marx debate Marx
>>
Fight the patriarchy
>>
>>30513078

>Feminist cartoon

>implying
>implying implications
>>
>>30513078
This whole show doesn't like men all the leaders are women, all the strong villains are women (not counting Discord, Tirek, and Sombra) every powerful deity is a female and the main 6 elements of friendship are females.
But in the end of the day I don't care feminists should learn from us about not caring.
>>
>>30516964
Make sweet love to the patriarchy and accept traditional gender roles.
>>
>>30516968
O yeah also females are portrayed as strong and smart.
And men are portrayed as greedy, dicks, annoying, manipulating, easy targets, dumb, egotistical, and pussies.
>>
>>30513353
I loved that book.
>>
>>30515658
I was going to say, you've never seen a vagina before without that mentality.
>>
>>30513353
How do you manipulate these ponies to help you without question anon I need to know for research.
>>
>>30517019
Also I need to know how to manipulate people in a way were it doesn't seem so obvious.
>>
>>30517019
I feel greentext from this anon.
>>
>>30517019
Coat your penis in salt and walk into town with your dong hanging out.
>>
>>30517051
Cause ponies like salt?
>>
>>30515680
This only works for close friends though, and Pinkie doesn't even know Yaks long enough. So the lesson fails on that level, too.
>>
>>30516968
>all the strong villains are women (not counting Discord, Tirek, and Sombra)
>all the strong villains
>discards three strongest villains
that's some advanced shitposting
>>
>>30517181
No, to all you just said.
She knew the problem and she solved the problem without making a "you are wrong scenario" on front of everyone very simple good moral.
I am going to assume you are the oldest son.
>"you are the type of person how's sees his youngest brother do shit and go and says to him, I am going to say all to mom and dad and you are going to be grounded MUHAHHAHAHAHAHA"
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZr7XkFZJcw
here is the moral >>30515638 very simple.
>>
>>30513337
Rutherford/Pinkie will be canon in S8
>>
>>30517181
>This only works for close friends though
i was speaking more about disasters, wrecks, etc. if someone is really in need most people will help them instantly without them asking.
>>
File: laughing mares.webm (1MB, 1032x672px) Image search: [Google]
laughing mares.webm
1MB, 1032x672px
>>30515712
>To be a feminist complaint it has to be completely impossible to address, either being the fault of people long dead or be the result of some biological trait or socioeconomic reality that cannot possibly change.
>I also believe that in the future we should keep women illiterate
My favorite part of rants like this is that they're so lacking in self awareness.

>>30516967
>>30513859
I get that being reminded of the politics behind the show makes you feel bad, but Faust's vision for the show was demonstrating there there's no one 'correct' model for being a girl, and even years after she's left the show by and large follows that vision.
>>
>>30513353
Instead he manipulated ponies into helping him without even asking.
>>
>>30517635
>Just According to Keikaku
>>
>>30517439
And I assume you are the
>Expecting something from somebody but not asking for it and then taking offence when it's not granted to you
kind of guy?
>>
File: 1446805623295.png (398KB, 1133x1682px) Image search: [Google]
1446805623295.png
398KB, 1133x1682px
>>30517780
WOW, I got spot on you huh, this Butthurt I feel sorry for your brother/sister. I will not argue with you.
You will never understand a very simple moral like that,
I have to say I did not even make a good argument it was so easy to dismiss what I said
you could not even see that and just got all this Butthurt GEEEZ.
Take care of your little brother/sister anon.
>>
>>30517896
Are you shitposting at this point?
>>
>>30517732
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.