[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The new dragon lord everyone! Don't offend her or she will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: New dragon lord.jpg (2MB, 1400x3784px) Image search: [Google]
New dragon lord.jpg
2MB, 1400x3784px
The new dragon lord everyone!

Don't offend her or she will destroy your village
>>
>>30502195
Wow.
>>
>>30502195
Well, time for a race war

Let's call Celestia and the Dragons will go extinct for good this time
>>
File: the fuck am i reading.png (182KB, 677x955px) Image search: [Google]
the fuck am i reading.png
182KB, 677x955px
>>30502195
>they broke the sacred bond
>no pony should have been made an honorary yak
>that was reserved for the dragons
are they really basing a whole story around the idea that only one group can be an honorary member of another group?
>>
>>30502581
"THAT'S OUR WORD/STATUS! YOU DON'T GET TO USE IT!"
>>
>>30502195
Hey guys, remember when the show was supposed to be about friendship, understanding and good role models?

Boy I miss that era.
>>
>>30502592
also this kind of flies in the face of her character thus far as the dragon that prefers using her brain over sticking hard to tradition
>>
>>30502581
>>30502592
No, the bond said that there can only be one honorary yak, ever.
>>
>>30502610
It's poorly written in general.
>>
>>30502611
the honorary yak is highlander now?
>>
>>30502195
Is her dad still around? If so its going to be fun if he slaps her shit for this.
>>
File: large.jpg (82KB, 907x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
82KB, 907x1024px
>>30502619
the thought of pinkie pie going around decapitating Dragons for this bullshit until they back the fuck off makes my heart warm.

that should have been how this comic ended.
>>
>>30502195
Why are the comics allowed to make this major characterization decisions.
>>
>>30502750
*make such major
>>
>>30502750
because theyre not canon
>>
>>30502750
Because the comics sell only a few thousand issues. They're an insignificant footnote to the MLP:FIM brand that no one really cares about or pays any attention to.

The comics can do what they want, and the still massively popular show won't even reference the comics.
>>
>>30502195
They really need new weapon technology ponies should stop using spears they need to create actual real canons that are just as big as a house to kill the dragons or something like Gwyn he used electricity why not use that and she what happens.
>>
>>30503130
See*
>>
>>30502195
Anyone got a link to this comic?
>>
>>30503245
>>30501885
>>
>>30502607
This has nothing to do with the show
>>
>>30503130
Well, the ponies have Luna now. Once word of her return has spread, I think most races are going to think twice before opposing Equestria.
>>
Stop making lizard threads.
>>
>>30503618
This. Gas all spikefags.
>>
>>30502581
>>30502592
If they had a treaty about this and they broke it, then thats on the yaks, not the dragons. if its a stupid treaty, then the yaks shouldn't have made it.
>>
File: Moondancer reeeee.png (167KB, 350x293px) Image search: [Google]
Moondancer reeeee.png
167KB, 350x293px
>>30502195
WHAT THE FUCK MY DRAGON WAIFU IS INTELLIGENT AND KIND NOT A RETARDED WARMONGER REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30502195
Nah, just the Yak's village from what I've read here. That's what they get for breaking their promises.
>>
>>30502195
wtf i hate dragons now
>>
>>30502195
Except he didn't capture the Gauntlet of Fire he ran it to capture a staff!
>>
>>30503795
Things change.
>>
>>30503870

War has Changed...
>>
>>30502569
It's beautiful. ;_; why can't real life be as logical and sweet as this? Perfect pony utopia.
>>
>>30502195
Spike is based here, unfortunately that seems to come for the price of Ember being utterly retarded
>>
>>30503981
War, War never changes.
>>
>>30502195
what the fuck. I was 100% sure this was a fan comic until I saw >>30503257

Are they trying to make the show look better by making the comics shit?
>>
>>30504976
The comic writers and artists are just super incompetent, Anon. Makes the show writers seem like they're writing The Wire.
>>
>>30503121
We have had comic references though. Andy Price and Katie Cook's OC's have been in at least two episodes. Also Ogres and Oubliettes. Shining Armor having geek hobbies. Probably a few more that I'm forgetting.
Comics may not be canon, but they are a good way for Hasbro to gauge fan reaction to certain ideas to see if they are safe to explore in the show.
>>
> A forest had to die so this comic could have been printed.

What a waste of trees, man.
>>
>>30503784
technically it was a pact created between two long-gone leaders, not between two races.
>>
>>30504612
Yeah, I like seeing him do cool shit but not at the expense of everyone else, aka the Starlight writing approach. This comic derails a lot of characters.
>>
>>30505126
It still said that there was to be only one honorary yak, Scintilla. No one else. Every other yak prince honored this until Rutherford came along.

Yaks broke a treaty.
>>
https://twitter.com/christinarice/

I wonder what she was thinking when writing this.
>>
>>30505181
the treaty wasnt built on that idea, it was just a bonus. it was still just between two leaders rather than the two races.
>>
>>30505208
No, it was the sign of goodwill and everlasting peace between them both. That, when broken, Ember (perhaps too quickly, but maybe not given what Rutherford does in similar situations) perceived as a repudiation of the bond and thus a resumption of their war.

Yaks are stupid for making it a one time thing, Rutherford is stupider for giving it out without knowing that it was only supposed to be a one time thing. No other yak prince was this stupid.
>>
>>30503473
Luna?
How is she any threat to dragons or to anyone for that matter?
>>
>>30505246
>No, it was the sign of goodwill and everlasting peace between them bot

No it wasn't, that was the whole kingdom thing. Remember? They were fighting over a plot of land, so Ulysses and the Lord both went on a world trek together and found the Dragon Lands and the Lord was like "Oh hey I like this place". Then Ulysses was like "You're honorary yak! Nobody else will hold this title!"

>) perceived as a repudiation of the bond and thus a resumption of their war.

And that's stupid, because the war ended before that honorary status was given. To the Lord. Who is dead? Point is that if she's restarting the war it's over the land, that's what they were fighting over. Or if she's not then she's the only retard in the situation.

>Yaks are stupid for making it a one time thing,
It was A guy and we don't know if anyone else ever did it, or had any reason to.

> Rutherford is stupider for giving it out without knowing that it was only supposed to be a one time thing.
>stupider for giving it out
>without knowing
You see the flaw here right. It's not just Rutherford, everyone thought this ancient ass tradition held on a single scroll didn't even involve dragons. Even if he knew, so what? It's a dead dude and a presumably dead dragon matter.

>No other yak prince was this stupid.
They're actually just isolationist and only give it out for someone they deeply care about, it seems. Rutherford didn't even do it the first time with Pinkie, she had to prove herself later.

Again, this storyline makes no sense. How is this a dishonor to Ember? It's not her title and she's not an honorary Yak, nobody else is but that one guy. The old prince did not give this status to the other dragons, only the singular lord. The title was not given during the war or even immediately after it ended/as a term of ending, but between a yak and a single dragon personal thing looooong after they'd trekked across the fucking world.

Ember had no part in this shit and is 100 percent at fault.
>>
>>30507009
>everyone thought this ancient ass tradition held on a single scroll didn't even involve dragons.

Did the yaks think that Ulysses went on a world trek with a volcano?

Other than that, yeah, Ember was shit here. Completely out of character too, by the way. Fucking hack writers.
>>
>>30507033
>Did the yaks think that Ulysses went on a world trek with a volcano?

Probably, yeah? You know, moving fire away from the village, which is why it's snowy, and taking it down across Equestria and beyond...

The way Rutherford talked he thought it was just a folktale or something. Like Paul Bunyan causing the Aroura Borialis.
>>
>>30502195
By what, ovulating everywhere?
>>
>>30506942
Her magic is leagues above any other pony we've seen. It might not be enough to go up against a horde of dragons, but she's the best weapon ponies have in the absence of EoH.
>>
>>30509566
>strongest magic
>luna
>Not starlight glimmer
Top. Kek.
>>
>>30505049
Shining having traditionally geek hobbies was always a given, he IS Twilight's BBBFF or whatever, and I think it speaks volumes they're more eager to reference OC self-inserts than the comics themselves. That's surprisingly common, by the way. Maie-A-Wisk kid's OC in Trade Ya!, Holly Dash, that black&yellow one in Wonderbolt Academy, Sibsy, etc.

You're right about Ogres and Oubliettes though, it's strange that they would namedrop that when the game they're playing plays closer to AD&D, the episode itself is named after Dungeons and Dragons, and is filled with visual references to D&D
Big Mac's helmet for example is styled after the iconic (not Ubisoft iconic) D&D black dragon.
>>
>>30509603
Starlight is strong, certainly, but as we've seen in the show she can't take Twilight on in a straight fight. Her strenght lies in jury-rigging relics like the Map to do her bidding. I guess maybe she could weaponize the Crystal Heart or something, and bring that along.

It's worth remembering though that Luna, without the help of any relic, resisted the Elements of Harmony for a short while. No other entity in the show has been able to do that.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.