[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me /mlp/ what would YOU do if you were making the show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (67KB, 736x613px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 736x613px
Tell me /mlp/ what would YOU do if you were making the show?
Because you don't like seasons 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7. And now you hate season 1 too.
>>
>>30458688

I LIT-erally like all the seasons except S3
>>
>>30458688
delete mobilefags
>>
>>30458688
>/mlp/ is one person
Go spam poochie again, mobilefag. At least it's less embarrassing than this.
>>
>>30458694
>>30458697
you speak of mobile users like they're some kind of inferior species. As if a neckbeard smashing his sticky fingers on a keyboard is any better
>>
>>30458692
I thought this too, but the last time I went through s3, it was actually way better than I remembered. I absolutely loathed Rainbow Falls on initial viewing, and while it still wasn't great, even it wasn't so bad. Still the worst season, though. The first 3 eps of it are the only ones I'm especially fond of.
>>
>>30458716
Isn't rainbow falls a season 4 episode?
>>
>>30458713
the stigma comes from the fact that most underage have smart phones, but not pcs.
>>
>>30458688
I want to tear off that lacey dress and rawdog that horse until she ahegaos.
>>
>>30458694
it's much more difficult to post on mobile than you may think(on Firefox at least)

I don't know how you can tell a mobilefag between PC posters(although mobilefags can only make one citation unless they copy the numbers) whenever you see an average post that isn't brainless bullshit
>>
>>30458748
>but i'm a smart mobile phone abuser
There are lots of telltale signs other than filename.
>>
>>30458688
I'd replace Twilight with Sunset and give a lot of shipping fuel to Glim and Shim.
>>
No one HATES season 1, it's just not above criticism.
>>
>>30458688
I actually like all the seasons, they all have more good episodes than bad ones, and at worst I'm indifferent to them
>>
>>30458688
>Because you don't like seasons 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7. And now you hate season 1 too
Since when?
>>
>>30459333
Trips of truth
>>
>>30458688
One shitposter sperging out doesn't equal the whole board's opinion you retard.
>>
>>30459333
this desu
>>
File: LaurenFaust.jpg (320KB, 430x595px) Image search: [Google]
LaurenFaust.jpg
320KB, 430x595px
>>30458688
>/mlp/ is a hivemind

I would make an adventure/slice of life show for little girls
>>
>>30459377
pls come back lauren

we promise we won't for sexual you anymore
>>
Great seasons: 2, 7
Good seasons: 1, 5
Okay seasons: 4, 6
Bad seasons: 3
>>
>>30458688
I love S1 and most of S2. Since then I think the show has taken numerous wrong turns, adopting several themes that were weaker than what it started with. The characters have also matured and many have pretty much completed the arcs they started with. There's really no way to bring it back to anything that resembles the starting point of FiM because there's nothing left for the Mane 6 to aspire to. That's what gave us the map, going out to solve friendship problems, Glimmy as Twi's apprentice and whatever the fuck is going on now. But I think now isn't so bad. I've enjoyed S7 more than any recent season. Because there's only one way left to deal with the show, which is to say fuck overarching theme and just play around with the established world and the characters in it. The magic is long gone, but the machine is already built - just let it run. If you want to keep things interesting poke at the stuff that the show would not have dared to touch in previous seasons. Which has already happened with AJ's parents.

If I were in charge I'd push it further. The original vision is so far in the rear view mirror that no one watching can see it anymore. So do things the show never could have done in S1 or 2. Shit like romance, heartbreak, hell, even motherhood. Put the Mane 6 through some real shit. It's time.
>>
>>30459333
This is about where I'm at too at the moment.
>>
>>30459446
>Shit like romance, heartbreak, hell, even motherhood
Dear God no!

>>30458688
Not hating, but the show has been one giant cock-tease with regards to the world they portray, with hints and morsels of lore spread throughout. If I was No. 1 Bossman Biggest Dick Around, I'd say write that shit down; flesh it out. Commit to it.

(Alicorn lore, what are the elements and how do they work, actual rules and disciplines of magic, history of Sombra, the Crystal Empire, Chrysalis, Tirek & Tartarus, fucking Toilet-Swirly the Beardy Weirdo, go back to horses controlling seasons & weather, fantastical beasts & where to find them etc. etc. motherfucking etc.! Also nerf that table).
>>
>>30459631
>Dear God no!
I would have said that five years ago. But now? The world is built. The characters have completed their arcs. What we're left with now is really the writers trying to find something for them to do in a world without yearning or much in the way of surprises. It's stale bread. So why not go crazy and make bread pudding, French toast or breadcrumbs with it? Why not go all the places that seemed unthinkable under the original premise when most of the show has happened outside of that premise anyways? Why not fuck with things? I'd like to see it become a total soap opera.
>>
File: 4F7.jpg (21KB, 599x461px) Image search: [Google]
4F7.jpg
21KB, 599x461px
>>30459665
>"Spike, I'm home! Starlight has enslaved another village!"
>"What, already?"
>"Yes!"
>>
>>30459675
I'd feel more compelled to watch that than what the show is currently up to.
>>
>>30458688
>>
>>30459665
>The world is built
Debatable.
>The characters have completed their arcs.
Yeah... I know. But I still think the world should have plenty of challenges to offer, it's just awkward to have to tie it all back to friendship all the time (also it would mean actual adventure, and we wouldn't want that right??).

Bleh... the fuck do I know. I'm done pining for what could've been for today.
>>
>>30459446
Hello, Jim!
>>
>>30461045
I've been done pining for what could have been since S4. I'm just saying now it would be a lot more interesting to just let the show go to places that would have been unthinkable during S1 because it's become a different show anyways. May as well have some soap opera moments with the Mane 6. Have Flutters pregnant and heartbroken because she was too naive about a stallion's interest in her, mistaking it for everlasting love. What else are you going to do with her character at this point anyways? Or have Dash sexually exploited by a Wonderbolt superior. Or AJ meet some Pear cousins and falls for one of them.

We've seen them do everything we expected. Why can't we see them fuck up at romance?
>>
>>30459333
This is a reasonable post. Regardless of season, some episodes give you that sour feeling, other episodes give you that sweet feeling. Kind of hit and miss, but majority enjoyable enough.
>>
>>30461463
>>30459333
Samefagging.
>>
>>30459665
The characters have completed their flanderization, not their arcs.

They have forgotten about AJ wanting to see the world we saw with her cutiemark story or being competitive.
Dash lost her laziness, her shallow confidence covering for her lack of confidence and being kinda dumb was just hand waved away.
Fluttershy wanting to see more odd/magic creatures.
Pinkie becoming a more well rounded personality (not the opposite) and making new strange friends.
Rarity continuing to explore her magic and ability to just come up with useful spells (more then just laser beams).

All those angles left unexplored because it's supposedly easier just to write a new shallow character and then immediately forget her on motivations from episode to episode.
>>
>>30463274
>All those angles left unexplored
Which would have made for a better show than what we got. Why not let the world burn now?
>>
>>30463274
Almost all the things listed weren't even hinted. AJ got her cutie mark BEFAUSE she wanted to stay with family. Dash never lost anything you mentioned, fluttershy is interested in ALL creatures and she still is, I don't even know where that pinkie stuff you thought up came from, and rarity never cared about furthering magic. That was twilight.
>>
File: You're Ugly.gif (931KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
You're Ugly.gif
931KB, 300x300px
>>30458688
Cancel the show during pre-production.
>>
File: 1481837619.png (810KB, 1280x782px) Image search: [Google]
1481837619.png
810KB, 1280x782px
I'd make every single episode revolve solely around and be completely focused on princess best horse.

Sparkle butt will rule all.
>>
Page 10 bamp. Idk why.
>>
>>30458688
I'm just gonna come right out and say it.

I thought the pilot was god awful. What kind of villain wins the day, becomes literally uncontested, and then just hides from the ponies she could easily defeat in an open confrontation?
>>
>>30458688
I like everything really barring the two parters and the lack of explanation between Twilight and Spike's relationship.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.