[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I finally got around to watching this episode today, and although

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_4344.png (273KB, 924x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4344.png
273KB, 924x533px
So I finally got around to watching this episode today, and although there are enough implications that AJ's parents are dead to convince some, it's never truly confirmed. This could be just for the age rating, but the topic of her parents is handled pretty casually in every conversation in the episode and "...Something to remember them by" isn't necessarily a nail in the coffin because it could imply that it's a "they went away somwhere and aren't coming back for a while" situation. So I want to know, what's your headcannon that suggests that AJ's parents are still alive if you have any?
>>
>>30444238
they've spelled it out as much as they can with the shows rating. there is no logical reason that they'd have been gone so long anyway.
they be dead as dead can be.
>>
>>30444295
That's why I'm asking for "They're still alive" headcannons. The show has made enough implications, so I wanted to see how realistically someone could complete the story with both still alive, a.k.a. a happy ending. Besides, dead ponies aren't fun.
>>
>>30444238
They flew off in an airplane like Arnold's parents in Hey Arnold.
>>
>>30444238
Why do you fags still cling to the hope that they are alive? It's far better for the show if they aren't, plus it makes for a better story.
>>
>>30444320
I'm really confused by the term "happy ending".
What was sad about Apple parents episode in the first place? Because they're supposedly dead?

Their love story was about an asshole that prioritized his butt tattoo over his own daughter's happiness just walked away by himself.
>>
>>30444382
>implying i'm denying the truth

No, this is not me holding out hope that they're still alive, this is a "what if" situation. The show says they're dead, and because there's such a small amount of details left out, the canon can bearly be altered to say they're alive, just not present, but it's still possible if done correctly. Trying to alter a story in a way that's nearly impossible while still making it believeable is a fun writing prompt.
>>
>>30444549
>I wanted to make an AU thread
No thanks
>>
File: image.gif (52KB, 117x117px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
52KB, 117x117px
I think the real question is:

>how did they die?
>>
>>30444320
Most of them involve stasis. I will see if I can dig some up for you later.
>>
>>30444320
>characters being alive is now a headcanon

Is this some kind of falseflagging that's going on or what
>>
>>30444382
>It's far better for the show if they aren't, plus it makes for a better story.

Are you retarded? That's exactly why it's stupid.
Why the fuck should the audience have to make assumptions in order to turn a writer's shitty work a 10 out of fucking 10?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYDFnDr81JQ
First line of the song implies they left, OP. But let's face it, that song isn't canon and they're most likely dead.
>>
>>30445389
>X isn't canon
kys
>>
>>30445567
x*
>>
>>30445567
>Shimmer isn't canon
ftfy
>>
>>30444238
>the topic of her parents is handled pretty casually in every conversation in the episode
That isn't weird. That's the way you talk about the long deceased.
>>
>>30444238
You're fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1102502.png (1MB, 2307x2080px) Image search: [Google]
1102502.png
1MB, 2307x2080px
>>30444570
I'm more concerned with when.
How much more do Applejack and Big Mac know them than Applebloom?

Mac doesn't seem too much older than Jack, and Bloom has to be around 10 years fromJack, at least.
Not to mention there was no mention of Applebloom or their parents in Where the Apple Lies.

I have to say though, like Scootaloo being an orphan both of these topics just happened because they were never addressed otherwise and the show has been surprisingly very mature in handling them, and both of these were handled in S7 no less.
>>
>>30444238
They went "missing" on their way to visit Grand Pear.
>>
>>30445703
>Scootaloo being an orphan
When was this addressed?
Some people should really start considering about mixing their headcanon and what was actually written in the show.
>>
File: 1403667110718.jpg (114KB, 371x447px) Image search: [Google]
1403667110718.jpg
114KB, 371x447px
>>30446000
Dash parents episode, DYEWTS

Scoots: "You know, some people would dream of having parents like that"
Rainbow: "Yeah, right. Name one."
Scoots: *sighs* "Me."
Notice the sigh before saying me, Rainbow also looks a lot sadder after she mentions this.
Scootaloo also says right after this "nobody ever told me..., but your parents did." as opposed to "MY parents never told me"

It also makes sense why she likes RD's parents so much.
Speaking of, she also pretty much gets indoctrinated by Dash's family in the end.

Literally the same as the show never outright saying AJ's parents are dead, it's just heavily implied.
>>
>>30446067
But that's wrong

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/03/scootaloo-not-really-orphan.html
>>
File: Pretty Big.png (485KB, 483x980px) Image search: [Google]
Pretty Big.png
485KB, 483x980px
>>30444360
Were there any survivors?
>>
>>30446181
>implying any of that is canon
Jim is a fucking wishy washy faggot, he even says he'll “try” to stay to her vision.

Times change anon, and they especially change when it comes to Faust’s vision
>>
>>30446067
I'll just say you should really relax and enjoy the show for what it is.
You're simply over analyzing the show the way you want. I won't say it's wrong but it's pretty wierd, especially you seem to want Scootaloo to be miserable as possible.
>>
>>30446300
It's a possibility that the show will both allow and not deny, and I still think there's good reason to believe her parents are a non-entity.

I do think it makes her character stronger for her attachment to Rainbiw Dash.
>>
>>30446199
It's more canon than your headcanons, that's for sure.
>>
>>30445703
It's telling that Big Mac came back to Burnt Oak asking if he could hear more stories about his dad. It seems to imply that Bright Mac wasn't around as much as Buttercup was while they were alive.

That's fairly traditional. My dad traveled for work a lot so I get that.

Could be that Buttercup went to see him one day, and neither returned. Considering the dangers in the natural environment (outside of Ponyville and the cities, which were heavily maintained by their residents, down to the weather), this is sharply plausible.
>>
>>30446368
Well, it's just "implied" so who knows.
I'd say Scootaloo's parents lives don't matter directly to her passion for Rainbow Dash or Dash's family. In fact at this point, the relationship between her and her parents if they are alive could be a good concept for an episode.

Personally after watching how terrible Perfect Pear turned out, I can easily say the last thing we need for the show is another dead couple.
>>
>>30444238
>although there are enough implications that AJ's parents are dead to convince some, it's never truly confirmed
Anon, this is My Little Pony. If at any time somebody in marketing wants to alter the show, then AJ's parents will be alive. Hasbro will then let the marketers run a commercial about it, but the marketers will mess up the shading somehow and generally botch the actual marketing part of their job.

We've been through this enough times that you should know better by now than to care about MLP canon.
>>
>>30446663
>how terrible Perfect Pear turned out
Lucy, yoo got some splainin to do!

>the last thing we need for the show is another dead couple
Agreed. I feel like they're planting seeds boo, haha for future Apple parents' stories.

Scootaloo's family is an unknown. Word of Faust implies they're not dead. But we haven't even seen Scoot's (former?) babysitter. At least we know the filly has a room indoors, right?
>>
>>30446688
This ain't the Eighties, kid.

The creative staff have said, on a few occasions, that there's little executive meddling.
>>
File: yomama.png (303KB, 814x1105px) Image search: [Google]
yomama.png
303KB, 814x1105px
>>30445703
>Apple Bloom and Scootaloo are both Batman
>Sweetie Belle's parents have apparently abandoned her and fucked off to who knows where
>yfw you realize Diamond Tiara picks on fillies with no moms because she hates her mom
>>
>>30446696
> I feel like they're planting seeds for future Apple parents' stories.
I really hope so. It would introduce a new dynamic to the Apples and give a chance to clarify things
>>
>>30446696
It's really personal so you can just laugh and pity me but,

1, the story did nothing to do with the mane6 or CMC members directly. The fact Applejack or even Big Mac only knew about their parents name which one of it wasn't even it's real name is just... something I didn't want to hear especially from Apple family. Some element of Honesty.
2, The story of Apple parents is too forced, every character involved in it was written one dimensionally and immature, the feud existed only to do that literally fucking tree ending.
3, They just couldn't say they're dead but just rubs it in your face that they're supposedly dead every two minutes. It's kinda annoying and I don't think I can blame the writers for this. It felt like Hasbro or DHX forced the writer to write something out of dead apple parents no one knew jackshit abot it just to please fans and their headcanon, and yanked every good part of the script to fit TVY restrictions.

I'd give Perfect Pear 7/10 stars but 2 stars are for 2 ponies who sacrificed their lives for this half assed failed attempt to rip off most cliched love story.
If the show is trying to make more episodes with Apple parents, the show has no point to continue. This was is and should be a show about mane 6 and their friendship. Family matters about their parents is too departed from what the show is supposed to be.
>>
>>30444238
>>30444295
This.

The idea that their parents are "on vacation" is exceptionally naive and would require one hell of an explanation upon their return.

OP, out of genuine curiosity, where do you think they went? They were not present or even mentioned in 'Where the Apple Lies' so they would've been gone for at least 10 years or so. Nobody just leaves their kids for that long with the intention of coming back "in a while"
>>
File: scott.png (125KB, 306x376px) Image search: [Google]
scott.png
125KB, 306x376px
>>30444238
They're dead, Jim
>>
>>30446708
>Numerous events in the life of the show demonstrate executives will make MASSIVE changes to major elements of the setting and characters
>"This ain't the eighties, kids. Executive meddling can't drastically alter the show."
How exactly do you do this shit? How do you see something with your own eyes and then condescend to people when they point out the thing that's sitting there in plain sight.

It's an elephant. There's an elephant in the room. Hasbro can change anything they want about the show on a whim. They have, they do, they will do it again.
>>
remember when people said rainbow dash's parents were dead
>>
>>30446884
>where do you think they went?

That depends, do you want my sane headcannon, or my fully autistic one?
>>
>>30446966
Where's your fucking elephant, Anon? The writers and artists are under no obligation to remain silent if Hasbro had been changing things willy-nilly. So why aren't they talking?

Oh by the way, the moon landing was real.
>>
>>30446824
I partly agree with you that the friendships between the Mane 6 ought to hold the spotlight. But you can't have friendships without friends. The individual characters have lives of their own.

So I don't like the cutie map. Too much like manatees in a tank picking random friends for a story plot.

But out of all the characters, AJ has the biggest and most prominent family, ever since day one. An Apple parents story is something I've wanted to see told for awhile now, though the romantic party of it was a surprise. Romance was not intended to feature in the show at all. They found the best place to locate it.

I gotta admit that I don't know a lot of love stories. If I was more romantic, maybe I'd be more demanding. Pear Butter rejecting her family for Bright Mac, that tore me up. I hope it tore up any 8yo Australian girl who was watching it too.

The new and returning characters aren't one-dimensional so much as they're left open-ended. The old Dad's friend pony may have more coming. I hope so anyway.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.