[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate the movie? Were you asking for something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

File: C99y8EHXkAErCQj[1].jpg (209KB, 1200x969px) Image search: [Google]
C99y8EHXkAErCQj[1].jpg
209KB, 1200x969px
Why do people hate the movie?

Were you asking for something different?
>>
>>30440894
>people hate the movie
wtf are you talking about?

The only people pretending to hate the movie are Shimmerfags because their "canon" waifu isn't in the MLP Movie
>>
>>30440900
Well I don't really care about it. Season 7 as a whole will be a better G4 product than the movie.
>>
>>30440894
Yeah, Seth Rogen and Kevin Smith were supposed to voice Celestia and Luna

Also, the theatres were supposed to offer exclusive brony-only screenings

Ree
>>
>>30440894
>people on /mlp/ pretend to hate mlp

woah hold the presses
>>
>>30440900
I'm Shimmerfag, I don't hate it and you should stop generalizing.
>>
>>30440894
Yes. I was expecting Alicorn villain, Journal of 2 Sisters book basically turn to movie and also backstory of Discord and Starswirl.

Not any of this generic shit and Shadow The Hedgehog pony..
>>
>>30440894
Yes, I wanted a plot that was different from what we normally see on adventure plots in the series.
>>
>>30440931
But anon, everything you listed here IS generic shit.
>>
>>30440894
only problem I have with it is the number of new characters they are introducing instead of focusing on the actual characters of the show.

were at 15 main characters at the moment in a 90 minute film, so each character will only get 6 minutes of screen time.
>>
>>30440900
nah, that's just butthurt Glimmerfags who are mad that their precious OC is going to do all of three things this movie
1) jack
2) fucking
and
3) shit
>>
>>30440894
We wanted the live action smurfs movie
>>
>>30441670
I think it'll be closer to a 2hour film tbqhf, you don't get many films that are much shorter than that these days
>>
>>30441670
The story isn't supposed to effect the show. That's why there's so many new characters. They need to be able to have character development for them and they need to be able to take the story elsewhere.
>>
File: jacksoffangry.png (224KB, 583x437px) Image search: [Google]
jacksoffangry.png
224KB, 583x437px
>>30441684
>Glimmer is going to do Jack
is there something in the Bushido codex about bestiality?
>>
>>30441684
>Shimmerfag damage control
>>
File: your tears.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
your tears.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
>>30441711
>>
I was expecting a mlp movie, not Equestria being invaded by bad Disney OC's.
>>
>>30441684
it's both glimmer and shimmerfags reeeing that twilight is going back to her rightful place in the spotlight
>>
>>30441691
its already confirmed to be 99 minutes long.
>>
>>30440931
>>30440978
>The movie isn't about what I imagined it aught to be so its shit.
>>
>>30440900
Shimmerfags are fine with the movie. I've seen more glimmerfags angry that their character only has a cameo than anything.
>>
>>30440894
>Were you asking for something different?
That's the problem: it's completely different in tone and visuals comparfed to the ones from the TV series.
Change is always welcome, but there's a limit before you change EVERYTHING and end up with something that hs nothing to do with the original concept.

For the record, all I asked from a FiM movie was an adventure based around the Mane6 and Spike, with some lore added about Equestria and the Royal Sisters. This movie, however is a clusterfuck of bad animation, toy insert overdose and a ton of characters that had nothing to do with the series, so I think I will not going to watch it because I already can see this movie will dissapoint me.

Once again, my expectations for a movie were very low and reasonable and this thing has failed to match even that.
>>
>>30440894
>alicorn twilight
this movie will be shit.
>>
File: edge_horse-ultra_bad_quality.jpg (144KB, 723x496px) Image search: [Google]
edge_horse-ultra_bad_quality.jpg
144KB, 723x496px
>>30441767
Let it go anon, there are things you can't argue with.
>>
>>30441686
This.
>>
File: 1476183953479.png (442KB, 2222x1888px) Image search: [Google]
1476183953479.png
442KB, 2222x1888px
>>30441764
source please? genuinely curious since I haven't seen or heard anything about the length of the movie
>>
>>30441792
100% going to disagree.

While I'm a little wary of the movie (It looks to be focusing almost completely on twilight with pinkie as sidekick Comic relief, with the others as background characters), the action DOES look very nice, and I'm hyped for an actual big adventure plot for once, especially with no glimmer in sight.

Plus, while I can agree that the animation is notably different from normal pony, after watching the Tirek vs. Twilight fight again and then watching the trailer, I really, really am starting to have the animation grow on me in a big way. FIM's normal animation just doesn't flow too well for good fight/action scenes, and this toon boom stuff looks like it does, so I'm all for it.
>>
>>30441767
that's what happens when you let the fandom imagine what an mlp should be like for SEVEN YEARS
>>
>>30440894
hate the movie? aside from memers, like 90% of the posts I've seen for the movie have been praise.
Hell, even tempest's gone from being seen as an edgy OC to being looked at a hot dominatrix since the trailer.
>>
>>30441834
That's your opinion and you are entitled to it, but my point stands and I'm not going to change it no matter how many people try to convince me I'm wrong.

A simple direct-to-DVD movie with improved animation and a little adventure was all I asked for a movie. I don't care if the real movie uses a fancy animation software if that's all what it's defensors can say about it, and much less I care about the absurdly high number of new characters or literally Who voice actors because as a foreign fan, I will get a dubbed movie so all the fancy voices will be lost.

I just wanted something like the original cartoon and this movie has nothing of that, so I don't like it and I think I never will.

7 years of my life waiting for this? Feels real bad, man.
>>
>>30441873
>like 90% of the posts I've seen for the movie have been praise.
The shills have been very busy, anon.
>>
>>30440894
I never liked the idea of an MLP movie. When I first thought about it, I thought it could be an extended two-parter. The problem with any two-parter after the pilot is that the characters and other basic things aren't introduced again. If the movie is trying to appeal to new people then it will be reintroducing the characters and they will probably be reduced to caricatures. It's also possible that this movie won't have any meaning to any season unless there is a shout-out in a later season, which I also don't like. I do hate the movie's art style.
>>
>>30441878
>I just wanted something like the original cartoon and this movie has nothing of that, so I don't like it and I think I never will.
Did you want it to be slice of life instead?
>>
>>30440894
How can I hate something I haven't watched yet. Tempest's design makes me lower my expectations though.
>>
>>30441888
get off it, you know that alot of it is genuine hype. Not just here, but on other pony sites like MLPforums or derpibooru.
>>30441914
I am kind of expecting it to end up running like a redux version of the show's pilot though. Could be good, could be bad.
>>
File: 1498841381903.png (136KB, 535x304px) Image search: [Google]
1498841381903.png
136KB, 535x304px
I don't hate it, and hating an entire movie based off of the trailer of it is retarded, but along that same line the trailer didn't showcase anything good. Just keep your expectations low, is all I'm saying.
>>
>>30441914
I'm also not interested in any of the new characters in the movie too. I'm more interested in mane six and lone villain, but that would have never happened.
>>30441942
>I am kind of expecting it to end up running like a redux version of the show's pilot
Pretty much. There's no way it would have been something like PTS or TCRM.
>>
>>30441981
>>30441942
Without the mane thing from the pilot you mean, the elements of harmony.
>>
>>30441915
Originally I expected a 45 minute movie about the Mane6 and Spike venturing into Everfree Forest to finish something that Celestia and Luna began a thousand years ago.

And that was all. That's all I asked about a FiM movie to feel happy and satisfied.

The real movie has failed to satisfy something that basic.

>>30441942
You know they are shills when their "hype" is so technical and structured around details that a normal fan either ignores or do not care at all, like for example the fancy software used to animate the movie.
>>
>>30442072
that's kind of like what Meghan's original script was, expanding on pre-established lore in the show, like starswirl and celestia and alicorns.
But the movie studios reminded them that that shit would confuse normies, so, here we are.
Hopefully we'll get stuff like that in the S7 finale.
>>
File: cn4uMXo.png (975KB, 1080x1699px) Image search: [Google]
cn4uMXo.png
975KB, 1080x1699px
>>30440894

Ziss iss 4CHAN! Ve hate EVERYTHINK!!!
>>
I don't care if the movie isn't tying/expanding on the lore of the series. I just wish that if it wasn't that the story would try to be something great on its own, but it is then relying on the IP to cover its generic story.
>>
>>30442141
Just as they did with Equestria Girls.
>>
>>30441957
Yeah, it looks like an in-game cinematic from Warcraft 3.

But don't worry dude, I'm pretty sure that airship was just a placeholder so they could hastily cut up something for the marketing guys to advertise the movie. The same happened with Jurassic World back then.

Not that I'm happy with the concept of mixed CG and 2D (it makes it look like a cheap chinese cartoon)...
>>
>>30442201
Equestria Girls was not that.
>>
>>30440931
>Journal of 2 Sisters book basically turn to movie
Next time, Anon...
>>
>>30442269
> Implying we will wait 3 more years for yet another dissapointing movie.

Only a shill would give them another chance after this new fuckup.
>>
>>30441888
Hitler trips confirm shills.
>>
>>30442269
you're fucking out of your mind, the next movie will be about glimmer.
>>
>>30442392
> next movie

If the current one doesn't hits the ground too hard, then maybe.
>>
>>30442423
Vogel will force a movie to be focused on his OC/ponysona
the Smufs movies bombed, but we got a sequel and a fully CGI movie anyway
>>
>>30442461
the smurfs movie was meant to be a quick smash and grab for money.
hasbro is a little more focused on long term toy profits for ponies and its other properties.
>>
>>30442222
>Equestria Girls
>"I'm in high school and I have to become prom queen and show the Mean Girl that friends and friendship and makeovers and also Brad Handsome is here because boys boys boys!!"
>Not generic

Not even your quads can save you from how wrong you are.
>>
>>30442584
Oh, I thought you were being sarcastic.
>>
>>30442310
Chance or no, you're still going to watch it.
>>
I know that no matter if it is really shit or not, people will still praise it blindly.
>>
>>30442206
you mean warcraft II? Because WCIII had awesome cinematics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfkiJXnSRM8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRzzIFR5aLQ
>>
>>30442609
Anon, I'm not even going to watch this one.

From what I've seen of it, I already can tell I don't like it and it will dissapoint me. So why bother to watch something that is already giving me a bad gut feeling?
>>
File: 63568383257.gif (2MB, 1000x676px) Image search: [Google]
63568383257.gif
2MB, 1000x676px
>>30442655
>blizzard will never make a wrath of the lich king movie
>>
>>30442776
Fine, maybe you won't. Depends on what's greater, your curiosity or your gut.

For me, the trailer told me fuck-all, so I'm probably going to end up watching it eventually.
>>
>>30442936
> maybe

See, this is how I can identify shills: they are completely unable to take a non for an answer and will never shut up trying to turn things around.

This movie isn't for me, so I'm not going to watch it. It has nothing of interest for me, and I already learned my lesson from when I watched the fist Equestria Girls movie hoping I would like it. (I didn't.)

If you like this movie, good for you. But don't even fucking try to speak for everyone or tell everyone what they should watch because you said so.

Man, I miss Faust more than ever. She would have made Twilight and company visit Celestia and Luna's homeland instead of this generic 90's thing made by McCarthy.
>>
>>30443087
Nigga, you wrote all that shit in response to my vanilla-as-fuck post? That's just sad.

Go masturbate or something, maybe you'll calm down.
>>
>>30441670
>90 minute film
[Citation needed]
It will probably be two hours.
A three hour epic is more likely then 90 minuites.
>>
>>30443386
It is 99 minutes.
>>
>>30443296
I wrote all of that since you seem to need things spelled in detail so you could understand.
>>
>>30441828
http://www.lionsgatepublicity.com/uploads/assets/MY%20LITTLE%20PONY_Fact%20Sheet.pdf
>>
>>30443386
>2-3 hours
>kids movie
pick one.

There are many things TV/movie producers get wrong about kids like they're not smart enough to understand certain stories and concepts, and tv shows suffer for it. But run time is not one of them. Kids will get bored if a show or movie is too long.
>>
>>30446118
>Kids will get bored if a show or movie is too long
I don't know about kids these days, but I found longer movies more satisfying when I was a kid.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.