[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, what do you think about the CMC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: 1495275459001.webm (1MB, 400x325px) Image search: [Google]
1495275459001.webm
1MB, 400x325px
Now that the dust has settled, what do you think about the CMC getting their cutie marks? How did you feel about it?
>>
>>30435904
It really removed their place in the show. Their whole gimmick was that they always try and fail at getting their cutie marks, but now that they have them, they're just three more bricks in the wall.
>>
I'm fine with them getting cutie marks, although the cutie marks themselves were major disappointments. Even though it's supposed to represent their bond together, the cutie marks look like they had no effort put into them.
>>
horrible shit, they look so fucking bad I want to punch everyone involved in this mess to death
>>
>>30435904
>That overly-grandois scene with them flying up into the air when they got their CM's
I cringed
>>
>>30435904
I'm pretty much okay with it, their best episodes were always the ones that deviate from them trying things to get their cutie marks. Like Hearts and Hooves Day and Somepony to Watch Over Me, and the whole dealing with nightmares with Luna plot. Not much changed with them, especially compared to Twilight becoming a princess.
>>
File: 1498544265607.jpg (28KB, 423x457px) Image search: [Google]
1498544265607.jpg
28KB, 423x457px
>>30435904
They got the "Diamond Tiara" treatment for the most part.
>>
File: cutie+mark+crusaders_older.png (895KB, 6000x2221px) Image search: [Google]
cutie+mark+crusaders_older.png
895KB, 6000x2221px
They should just age them up to young teens and let Flurry Heart & the Cake twins take over the 'little foal' storylines.
>>
>>30435904
Best episode ever.
>>
>>30435904
I'm glad they got them.
Pissed off by the retarded bullshit it was.
>>
File: 1472824175675.png (253KB, 665x660px) Image search: [Google]
1472824175675.png
253KB, 665x660px
>>30435904
Why didn't they get cutie marks based on their individual talents/interests/personalities? Why are they treated as a single character?
Why do they have to have a joint purpose to remain the CMCs? Can't they remain friends without a gimmick?

It was an incredibly disappointing culmination.
>>
boop
>>
>>30435904
I think it's an excellent idea to teach kids that it's about the destination, not the journey. Top shelf TV parenting right there.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (131KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
131KB, 1920x1080px
>>30435904
Loved it. It's one of my favorite episodes ever. Fantastic episode, great story, and absolutely brilliant songs. I still cry whenever I hear We'll Make Our Mark. I'll miss AKR 5ever.
>>
>>30435904
During the perfect pear discussions a lot of people said they had not cried at the show since COTLM.
Why the fuck would you cry at that episode?
>>
>>30435904
Their CM look like they were designed by the committee.
>>
>>30435904
I knew it was going to happen eventually and it wouldn't be amazing when they did.

But the way the episode went and their cutie marks show their relationship together? I'm never going to forget that moment.
>>
>>30438660
Because your little daughterus are growing up
>>
>>30438660
Because turns out people actually care about the characters and watching them get so happy for getting what they wanted for five seasons was too much for some.
>>
>>30435904
They needed more CMC story elements so they didn't give CMC their proper destiny and permanent buttmark. That's what happened and it is seriously disappointing that they did.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-02-16-39-45.png (678KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-02-16-39-45.png
678KB, 1280x720px
Need gems for the game. So anon please help out. There's my code.

I like them helping others find their place in the world. They're still cute and all their episodes are sold 7/10
>>
>>30435904

I like them. The marks could be better of course, but there's always going to be minor gripes. They're not bad by any stretch.

They're a bit strange now that they lack a clear-cut role, but episodes like for example the Gabby one was excellent and showed how they definitely still can work in a plot.
>>
File: crying nigga.png (1MB, 1103x676px) Image search: [Google]
crying nigga.png
1MB, 1103x676px
>>30435904
Its one of my favorite episodes. Theres some animation problems with it, the cuty marks look terrible and the hovering and glowing while getting a cuty mark was dumb, and the flying on the cuty marks during the song was retarded, but otherwise I loved it.

The way they handled it was brilliant, they managed to move the plot forward, but did it in way that the CMCs are still a thing. Diamond tiaras redemption arc was also pretty good, we knew she was going to get friendshiped eventually, and I think it was handled better than most redemptions in the show.

Its the only episode that consistently makes me cry every time I re watch it (some other emotional episodes had me crying the first time, but not on rewatches).

Pip was annoying as fuck though.
>>
>>30435945
agreed. though really, the reality is they are ugly because the three of them are not color coordinated as a group
>>
>>30436279
teen fluttershy legs look so fucking unnatural.
>>
>>30435904
It was dumb shit, everyone who disagrees is wrong.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.