[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today, it's my birthday. I spend quality time with my family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

Today, it's my birthday. I spend quality time with my family today and I'm in very good mood, despite being wasted now , but enough about me.

I would like to talk about family representation in mlp series. This season has been generous for audience, as we could finally learn about RD and AJ parents. I strongly believe that both episodes were great. AJ episode was first tearjerker, that made me shed a tear.

If the show would dwell on this matter more, then there are two more candidates which needs it ASAP, that is Spike and Scootaloo.

However, I feel more that Spike would deserve more attention here. There is something amazing about relationship between Twilight and Spike, even if not mentioned explicitly
- According to some Q&A with staff, someone had claimed, that Twilight considers Spike as younger brother. And if that's true, then it is a huge shame that this was never mentioned in show.
-- How do you, anons, find this relationship? Bro/sis, master/slave, just friends?
>inb4 slave
- Do you find that Night Light and Velvet are Spike's parents too? I would love to see that being true.
- And where Celestia has the place in Spike's relationship "map" of affections?
- What's Spike's endgame? I believe, that he did more than enough for Twilight's cause, yet he still remains "same" and still acts like a servant to him.

Just discuss about Twilight and Spike damn it.
>>
>>30433978
I'm positive they'll make an episode about Scootaloo since she dropped that "I never got support from my family" bomb in Parental Glideance.

For Spike... Well... There WAS that S2 episode where he wants to know more about his family, but halfway through it becomes a "Spike tries to be a dick like other dragons" episode.
And in Gauntlet of Fire we saw continuity with that second part of the episode, but never the first. They should REALLY continue that sidestory but I'm not sure they will
>>
I wonder if he'll be considered part of Twilight's family in that zeppelin episode.
>>
>>30433978
i just think pictures with the two of them like that are very cute
>>
>>30433998
I wonder if the show will cover his origins now that the Movie is focused on other stuff.
>>
>>30433978
Brother and sister

In all seriousness I see Spike in the same position as Brian Griffin or Darwin Watterson. He is technically a pet, but since he is fully intelligent and independent, he isn't treated as lesser (or noticably treated as lesser) than anyone else in the family.
>>
>>30434181
Spike isn't a pet, regardless of what EqG or that one tweet by Tara Strong says.
>>
>>30434187
I would say he is due to a few reasons, but mostly because it makes the most sense.

Regardless I want to stress that this doesn't suddenly excuse a lot of the terrible behavior, heck it pretty much makes it worse since it proves that Twilight doesn't give a crap about her own family.

EQG fails because Spike was a normal dog, if he had been like his Equestria counterpart in the EQG world, then that would have been okay.
>>
>>30434208
I mean we've had moments in the show where she shows that she clearly loves him like he's her adoptive younger brother. The Hearthswarming episode with the Pies, for one.

I just don't think it would make sense to have an episode where Spike is like "Fuck you Twilight you don't treat me well." It would be more like him asking her about his biological parents and searching for them.
>>
>>30433978
Ved?
>>
>>30434208
>>30434187
>>30434181
Is it that much to ask in show, where either of them calls themselves brother or sister>?

>>30434033
This is one of the rare possibilities to make it happen. They could even deal with that at the very beginning.

>>30434092
Yeah, anything with them guarantees diabetes.
>>
>>30434904
It would be pretty weird for them to just say it without having an episode about their relationship.
>>
>>30434904
There is a brilliant way to write around this if the writers had the guts to show characters with severe issues.

Have it be that Spike is so dedicated to his role as her assistant that he doesn't want to have any leeway being her younger sibling/family member or that because Spike is so dedicated to being her assistant that it is easy to forget that he's also her younger sibling/family member.

If you look at "A Flurry of Emotions" that's an episode that absolutely shows that Spike has to be part of her family, otherwise it makes little sense. The simplest being that the episode establishes that Shining Armor and Spike clearly have a relationship.
>>
>>30435020
We need an episode like Amending Fences for the Twi/Spike relationship.
>>
>>30435085
Ok, now try to to compile it into 3 acts.
>>
File: 1492984375942.gif (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492984375942.gif
2MB, 854x480px
>>30433978
happy birthday you faggot
>>
>>30435085
One act about Spike wondering where he comes from, one act about the Sparkle family insisting that he is a family member and a third act about where he came from.
>>
>>30435277
Reply to
>>30435148
>>
Act 1:
It is Mother's Day, and Twilight's mother is looking through a photo album of all of the old photos and new photos that were taken that day.

She looks through the photo album and shows photos of Shining Armor taking care of Twilight and inspiring her, and then photos of Twilight and Spike when they are younger showing her ignoring him or him just helping her. A joke by Shining Armor comparing their relationships her relationship with him. This causes her to realize that she's not been treating Spike all that well, but the rest of the family shift to Spike mentioning that as much as he is glad he gets to share Twilight's family, he wish he knew more about his own family. Twilight feels like she can make things up by helping find Spike's family.
>>
>>30435885
Act 2:
The family heads to Canterlot to talk to Celestia about Spike's egg as an impossible challenge that unicorns were challenged meant to complete, but challenge their problem solving skills, Twilight was just so powerful she managed to solve it anyway. Twilight eschews the compliments to get Celestia to focus on the question at hand. Celestia explains that it was given by Eternal Glow, a head administrator at the School for Gifted Unicorns. The head administrator asks her if she would like to come visit one of the classes. Twilight declines.

The family then heads to school for gifted unicorns who explains that the egg was found in an area of the dragon lands by a dragon researcher friend of his, Gary. Gary is enamored two of the princesses would come to visit him, Twilight brushes that aside looking to find out what happened to Spike's egg.

The family heads to GriffonStone to meet Gary who explains that he swiped the egg from a dragon nest he stumbled upon. Twilight is annoyed but composes herself and asks where the dragon nest was and Gary says it was in the southern dragonlands.
>>
>>30435907
Act 3:
The family heads to the southern dragonlands, with Twilight clearly feeling upset at all these loose ends, as they are walking by a dragon (the one ordering Gary to go rescue the egg) says Spike looks familiar. Twilight asks if he knows where he came from and the dragon takes the family over to the nest.

The family comes to the nest and realizes it is abandoned, the dragon says that Spike's egg was accidentally left behind during the dragon migration and that he was looking after the egg until his parents came back.

As they come across the nest they continually realize that the area around the nest looks abandoned, they speak softly though so the dragon cannot hear. As they come to the nest they realize it IS abandoned, and the area was a nursery where he looked after several eggs, and Spike's was simply left alone until a griffin came and stole it.

After realizing that after all this work Twilight finally failed to find Spike's parents, and breaks down crying. She apologizes profusely to him that after everything he does for her, she can't to do this one thing for him. Spike says in response that she didn't need to make it up to him and never needed to do this for him in the first place. He was already happy with Twilight's family. They all get together for some big group hug.
>>
>>30435917
I think we really should end up seeing his parents though. I would rewrite this with them actually finding them and a reunion with the lesson being that you can love all of your families.
>>
>>30435931
You are missing the point, Spike never has a problem accepting Twilight's family.

The moral is that Twilight never needed to make up to him because they are family.
>>
>>30436150
You really shouldn't make an episode like this about Twilight. It should be about Spike and his growth.
>>
>>30436169
In what way would this conflict contribute to his character growth?
>>
>>30436176
It would not. He already knows Twilight and her family love him and consider him one of their own. What you presented is a Twilight episode.
>>
>>30436199
It gives you what you want, but this is a Twilight episode. This is actually significant as we don't have a Twilight episode about her relationship to Spike.
>>
>>30436240
I would rather Spike make the journey mostly alone and realize that he is really loved by both his biological and adoptive parents.
>>
>>30436258
It is out of character for Spike. It is fully in character for Twilight.

We know Spike is wise and empathetic enough to know that Twilight cares, otherwise he would have changed his behavior or quit.

Twilight isn't, and Twilight is the one that will try to fix a problem with out really analyzing it first. She's the one who is regularly concerned with how others think of her. It is HER behavior that makes us question if they are family members at all.

To have it be about Spike is reiterating on stuff we already know, to have it be about Twilight is actually exploring where the real problem lies.
>>
>>30436285
I just don't think an episode about his origins should focus so heavily on her. I want to see how they characterize his feelings about it all.
>>
>>30436312
You're missing the point, the point is that Spike's origins don't matter to him and his adoptive sister is trying to make up for the fact that she's been terrible to him.

The deeper meaning of the plot is that Twilight is trying to solve a problem that she doesn't fully understand.
>>
>>30436345
I doubt that his origins don't matter to him. He would be interested in them. I do see what you're saying about Twilight though. I just think Spike needs more focus, basically first act of Dragon Quest done right.
>>
>>30436376
We did do Dragon Quest done right, it is caused Gauntlet of Fire.
And in that same episode he is still firmly okay with just associating with ponies.

Spike isn't disinterested about not finding out about his parents, he just doesn't care as much as Twilight does.
>>
>>30436386
I don't know, he clearly thinks pretty highly of dragons and I doubt he isn't curious.

This Twilight episode could work though.
>>
>>30436398
After Dragon Quest he seemed to think pretty lowly of dragons, and the only reason he doesn't write them off completely is because the Dragon Royalty seems to be all right.
>>
>>30436410
Did you not see even in S7 where he was reading Burnferno?
>>
>>30436436
He still sees himself as one, so I am sure he enjoys being big and strong.
>>
So he doesn't actually reject being one.
>>
Let assume, that the episode would be about both of them arguing.
- what would be the reason?
- what would Twilight say in anger to make Spike terribly upset?

>>30435885
>>30435907
>>30435917
Nice prompt. I think, that whenever they travel from place to place, some "flashbacks" scenes could be thrown, involving adoption, spike having problem calling mom and dad, brief interaction with Shining (for canon explanation) and finally focusing on episode's problem, which is Twilight ignoring Spike in some crucial elements.
Those flashbacks would make audience understand more about the guilt she is bearing.

However, to end episode in cheerful tone, throw as last scene, some tearjerking, flashback bonding moment between those:
>canterlot hall / room, twillight is studying
>hears spike crying for some reason
>goes for him, hugs him and promises that she would never left him alone
>snuggling intensifies

Add hint at the very end, where Celestia is observing this bonding. Optional: She looks to the moon and speaks "soon, sister"

>>30435931
Showing his parents would be "forcing" when it is not necessary.
There is other highly awaited prompt, where Scorpan would be involved, as the nod for G1. He would for some reason had the egg given from parents for secure reasons and he would hand it later to Celestia.

>>30436436
Some anons had pointed out the scene:
>spike finishes reading
>filly: you look like him
>spike: thank you
as being as obvious hint.
>>
>>30436506
He doesn't.
>>
>>30438615
Fighting over Twilight saying something bad about dragons.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.